Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Hey guys I have my interview on 08/18 at 10:30. What are the chances that I will get the same day oath? Does the Irving office have oath ceremonies every day or only on certain days of the week?

citihorn,

Maybe it is the post office closings by USPS, I received my FP appt notice yesterday for the appt this Friday, even though it is post marked July 27. In any case, I am right behind you for the FP appt. What time is yours on Thursday? Are you going to the one in Dallas or FW?[/QUOTE

sorry of the delay, I got my FP at the dallas (whitehurst) address. My appointment was for 12pm but I got there at 11:30 and I was finished in 30 minutes. One snag that concerned me is that they had my SS number wrong on the system!!They corrected it and asked me to make sure that I bring my original SS card to the interview in case the discrepancy comes up. I double checked my N400 application and it was correct so it must be some user input error!

6/24/2009 sent application
6/25/2009 application received by USCIS
7/20/2009 check cashed
7/21/2009 received app receipt
7/29/2009 received FP appointment for 08/06/2009
8/06/2009 FP
x/xx/xxxxx Interview
x/xx/xxxxx oath
x/xx/xxxxx PP applicatoin
x/xx/xxxxx PP received

citihorn, it could be an input error, but do make sure you have those correct when you go for the interview. I remember getting some information corrected during fingerprinting a few years ago for the GC process, but that not being reflected later on, on my file.

citihorn, it could be an input error, but do make sure you have those correct when you go for the interview. I remember getting some information corrected during fingerprinting a few years ago for the GC process, but that not being reflected later on, on my file.

Hope you're right sgsnathan, I'm now crossing my fingers the IL comes within the next couple of weeks. I saw that another poster waited from march 30 to July before the IL came while others waited between 2 to 5 weeks.

I just read that the Irving office is not doing same day oath anymore. Has anyone heard about this?

I see "supercool" who said he had the interview and the oath on the same day on July 20th and "Gotcha" on the 24th. I think it should be the same case now unless something changed in the last 20 days or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see "supercool" who said he had the interview and the oath on the same day on July 20th and "Gotcha" on the 24th. I think it should be the same case now unless something changed in the last 20 days or so.

They occasionally stop the same day oaths for a week or so (thats what I've been told by an IO during an InfoPass) ..so what you have read may be the case of no same day oaths for "that specific" week...so..unless someone confirms otherwise with the information coming out of an IO....I doubt it. My 2cents.

They occasionally stop the same day oaths for a week or so (thats what I've been told by an IO during an InfoPass) ..so what you have read may be the case of no same day oaths for "that specific" week...so..unless someone confirms otherwise with the information coming out of an IO....I doubt it. My 2cents.

If you read the latest post by Raj456, he had his interview on 08/07 and he stated that the IO told him that they are not doing same day oaths anymore.

I just read this on the Dallas DO website. I wonder if they can't do same day oath because they can't get enough volunteers :).

dallas987, let us know how yours goes next week!

SPECIAL NOTIFICATION:

The Dallas Field Office is currently seeking individuals and/or groups that would like to volunteer to provide assistance during Naturalization ceremonies.

Volunteers are needed in the following areas:

1)Singing the National Anthem and America the Beautiful

2)Providing the Keynote Address

3)Color Guards

Note: All songs are usually performed acappella at a podium with a stationary microphone.

Note: The keynote address must be non-partisan in nature and support legal immigration. A copy of the address would need to be reviewed and pre-approved.

If you would like to volunteer and assist in any of the 3 needed areas, please send an email with the following information to Dallasnaturalizationceremonies@dhs.gov.

1)Name,

2)E-mail address,

3)Phone numbers),

4)List what you want to volunteering for,

5)List of any references you want to provide,

6)Any other pertinent information you would like to provide.

Special Accommodations Request: List any special accommodation requests such as: wheelchair accessible stage, risers for a choir, second microphone needed for guitar, etc. (all requests will be considered).

Updating my details on progress
==========
Dallas DO

06/19/09 : Mail Sent to Lewisville, TX Office
06/22/09 : Mail received
06/22/09 : Priority Date.
06/24/09 : Check Cashed.
06/24/09 : Notice Date.
07/15/09 : FP Completion Date
09/04/09 : Interview Date (Wife Interview on 09/14/2009)
xx/xx/09 : Oath Date.

Interview Date for self and Wife are different

My interview date is 4th Sept and wife's is on 14th Sept.

If she walk's in along with me, can we get it done the same day?

Any prior experiences?

I just read this on the Dallas DO website. I wonder if they can't do same day oath because they can't get enough volunteers :).

dallas987, let us know how yours goes next week!

SPECIAL NOTIFICATION:

The Dallas Field Office is currently seeking individuals and/or groups that would like to volunteer to provide assistance during Naturalization ceremonies.

Volunteers are needed in the following areas:

1)Singing the National Anthem and America the Beautiful

2)Providing the Keynote Address

3)Color Guards

Note: All songs are usually performed acappella at a podium with a stationary microphone.

Note: The keynote address must be non-partisan in nature and support legal immigration. A copy of the address would need to be reviewed and pre-approved.

If you would like to volunteer and assist in any of the 3 needed areas, please send an email with the following information to Dallasnaturalizationceremonies@dhs.gov.

1)Name,

2)E-mail address,

3)Phone numbers),

4)List what you want to volunteering for,

5)List of any references you want to provide,

6)Any other pertinent information you would like to provide.

Special Accommodations Request: List any special accommodation requests such as: wheelchair accessible stage, risers for a choir, second microphone needed for guitar, etc. (all requests will be considered).

This posting is there ever since they opened the new bldg at Irving sometime in March.

You think I'm using different pennies each time? wrong

I'm OO (Object Oriented Programing) guy...so I'm just "reusing" the same 2 cents all the time :D:D

milk, you should actually be getting richer as you in fact have been GIVING your "2 cents worth" of advise/opinion. Hopefully you have made a lot of money by now (unless of course the people you were giving your advise or opinion to decided to go the OO way too). :D

My interview date is 4th Sept and wife's is on 14th Sept.

If she walk's in along with me, can we get it done the same day?

Any prior experiences?

Never heard of this before. Unlike the Biometric people (which is outsourced to an external company that cares about customer service), USCIS itself may not be very forgiving. Even otherwise, they would need to get your files and be ready for the interview when you go, so I have a feeling they may not even let you in unless you have interview the same day. But that's just my opinion.

Same day oath

I was approved but the officer said that the oath letter will be sent in mail. My interview was over before 11:00am in Irving. I will update my exact timeline shortly.

Timeline in short: Applied in May 2009. Interview in August 2009 and completed before 11:00am in Irving. Approved and Awaiting Oath letter.

Can anyone advise me on the following please?

I received my FP notice dated July 29, 2009 and completed the FP on Aug. 12, 2009. However, my case status has recently changed and says that a "Request for Evidence" was sent to me on July 27, 2009. I never received this notice dated July 27, 2009. I called USCIS and they said that the Request for Evidence notice is not the same as the FP notice and they put a service request to re-send me the July 27, 2009 notice.

My questions is: Why was I allowed to have FP done when something was requested before that? How could both I and my wife not receive the letter sent on July 27, 2009? Has anyone gone through the same experience before? Please share.

Can anyone advise me on the following please?

I received my FP notice dated July 29, 2009 and completed the FP on Aug. 12, 2009. However, my case status has recently changed and says that a "Request for Evidence" was sent to me on July 27, 2009. I never received this notice dated July 27, 2009. I called USCIS and they said that the Request for Evidence notice is not the same as the FP notice and they put a service request to re-send me the July 27, 2009 notice.

My questions is: Why was I allowed to have FP done when something was requested before that? How could both I and my wife not receive the letter sent on July 27, 2009? Has anyone gone through the same experience before? Please share.

I saw similar postings from others in other threads. I believe this is another error from USCIS in their status message as usual, because all the people who mentioned this had the message that an RFE was sent out a day or 2 before they got the FP notice. So chances are, you are okay. Check out this thread - http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=302000

Hi everyone,

I have my interview next week and have a question for the people that have been on their interviews already. During the interview did they ask you for tax transcripts????? specifically state tax returns.

I have with me federal tax returns and account transcripts for the last 5 years that I ordered. The only thing I have for state returns is the actual copies that I filed. Do I need anything else? would they ask for state tax transcripts??

Thanks for your help.