Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Hello,
I was wondering if someone would help me. I have my oath coming up. On the back of the oath letter, one of the questions asks if I have travelled outside of the US. I personally have after my interview. So I am going to answer yes. But does anyone know if my case is going to get complicated or anything. The timeframe for the travel outside of the US was under 6 months.

Please let me know, what they are going to do.

Hello,
I was wondering if someone would help me. I have my oath coming up. On the back of the oath letter, one of the questions asks if I have travelled outside of the US. I personally have after my interview. So I am going to answer yes. But does anyone know if my case is going to get complicated or anything. The timeframe for the travel outside of the US was under 6 months.

How long was your trip? It should be few weeks, right? Because there shouldn't be such a long gap between Interview Date and Oath Date. So you are fine...you might be asked to see how long you've been gone...and be prepared to show that your short trip...with passport stamps...but I don't think they would want you to prove...they may just ask you a question to see if you are not gone for a long time abandoning the US residence...my 2cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

How many days had you been outside the US up your interview date? how long was your trip after interview?

I was out for 3.5 months for school. But it took over 120 days after my interview to be given the oath ceremony date. But i finally got it though.

I was under the impression if it is under 6 months you should be ok. Can you please advise.

I was out for 3.5 months for school. But it took over 120 days after my interview to be given the oath ceremony date. But i finally got it though.

I was under the impression if it is under 6 months you should be ok. Can you please advise.
You should be ok. Don't worry. You did not abandon your residence here in US and moved out before the oath, right? Then nothing to worry.

Forum members,
I'm new to this forum so my question is simple.
I applied for the citizenship on June 25th but it took almost a month to get the application receipt and as of June 27th (today)...still not FP appointment...Looking at the other dates, this seems awfully long....any ideas?

6/24/09 N400 sent priority mail
6/25/09 UPS delivered
7/20/09 check cashed
7/22/09 received application receipt
7/

Forum members,
I applied for the citizenship on June 25th but it took almost a month to get the application receipt and as of June 27th (today)...still not FP appointment...Looking at the other dates, this seems awfully long....any ideas?

6/25/09 UPS delivered
7/20/09 check cashed
7/
You should get your FP sometime this week based on the past time lines. If you don't receive by end of next week, try checking with the customer service rep by calling.

Got my Oath letter yesterday.....

My Timeline:
N400 Sent on 4/2/2009
N400 Received in Texas on 4/6/2009
Received NOA 4/08/09
Received FP Notice 4/20/09
FP completed 5/1/09
Received Interview Notice 5/30/09
Interview Scheduled for 7/7/09
Interviewed: Pass the test but Pending supervisor's approval.
Oath letter: 7/27/09
Oath Date: 8/21/09
Passport Received ???

Good luck to all those waiting......hang in there cuz we are almost there...

The main reason for the PP card (which a normal USC with PP book doesn't need)...is that as a person of color other than white...it is better to carry a PP card in the wallet than a PP book just in case...if you ever need to prove that you are a USC...

yeah, I know as a USC you just need to declare and go when encountered with border officials inside US or at the border...but I'm little skeptical about it for the naturalized people with the accent or color ...thats the reason for applying for PP card...It will replace GC in my wallet.

Congrtulations milk!

You definitely argue a good case for the PP card. But in my personal experience (lived in CA/NOVA/TX), I never had anyone put me down on account of being a non-caucasian. In fact, almost everyone I meet seem to assume that I am a US citizen, until I tell them otherwise. Maybe it has to do with living in places where there were/are many immigrants. Even when I apply for or join a new job, they seem to assume I am a USC until they see my answer to that specific question or I tell them otherwise, which is whey they ask for the GC. But it is always when you travel to Mexico or Canada as you can just with your wallet and not have to carry your Passport separately.

Forum members,

6/25/09 UPS delivered
7/20/09 check cashed
7/

citihorn, even though I applied after you, I had also assumed I would have had the FP letter by now especially since I live just 5 miles from Lewisville :D (I know that has nothing to do with when I get the notices). But seriously, I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I had a biometric appt less than 12 months ago for removal of conditions (apparently they are valid for 15 months, but I hear they still do new bio for N-400). So I will let you know if I get the FP notice.

citihorn, even though I applied after you, I had also assumed I would have had the FP letter by now especially since I live just 5 miles from Lewisville :D (I know that has nothing to do with when I get the notices). But seriously, I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I had a biometric appt less than 12 months ago for removal of conditions (apparently they are valid for 15 months, but I hear they still do new bio for N-400). So I will let you know if I get the FP notice.

Thanks sgsnathan, I'll also keep you posted. Note I did notice that it took almost 30 days for them to cash my check so maybe my application got lost or something.

I finally received my FP notice!

6/24/2009 sent application
6/25/2009 application received by USCIS
7/20/2009 check cashed
7/21/2009 received app receipt
7/29/2009 received FP appointment for 08/06/2009
8/06/2009 FP
x/xx/xxxxx Interview
x/xx/xxxxx oath
x/xx/xxxxx PP applicatoin
x/xx/xxxxx PP received

Folks, when the interviewer asked me to sign the picture at interview time - she asked me that I could do a signature or just write my name. I wrote my name, since though she did not say, she seemed to prefer that. Now on my Naturalization Certificate I had to match those signs, so again I wrote my name on the certificate. The lady in the oath room seemed to prefer that approach too [of course, any signatures needed to be the same between picture and certificate). Now my question is - does it need to be the same on the passport again ? seems weird just writing my name in bold, otherwise no problems... any suggestions ?

7/20/2009 check cashed
8/06/2009 FP
x/xx/xxxxx Interview
x/xx/xxxxx oath
x/xx/xxxxx PP received

That's great news citihorn! Any online status updates to go with it? You should try walking in to get your FP done earlier on a Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updating Time line

Dallas District Office

04/21/2009 N-400 Mailed
04/27/2009 Check Cashed
04/29/2009 Receipt with Priority date 04/22/2009
05/09/2009 Fingerprint Notice
05/19/2009 Fingerprint Completed
06/13/2009 Interview Letter Received
07/24/2009 Interview Date
07/24/2009 Oath Date / Same day as interview
07/24/2009 Applied for Passport / Expedited via USPS
07/29/2009 Received U.S. Passport

:):):):):):):):):)

Updating Time line

Dallas District Office

04/21/2009 N-400 Mailed
04/27/2009 Check Cashed
04/29/2009 Receipt with Priority date 04/22/2009
05/09/2009 Fingerprint Notice
05/19/2009 Fingerprint Completed
06/13/2009 Interview Letter Received
07/24/2009 Interview Date
07/24/2009 Oath Date / Same day as interview
07/24/2009 Applied for Passport / Expedited via USPS
07/29/2009 Received U.S. Passport

:):):):):):):):):)

PS* It took only 5 days to receive my passport even though the expedited process via USPS is supposed to take 2 to 4 weeks (according to the USPS agent).

7/1/2009 Sent application
7/2/2009 Application received by USCIS
7/10/2009 Check cashed
7/11/2009 Received app receipt
7/18/2009 Received FP appointment for 07/28/2009
7/28/2009 FP
x/xx/xxxxx Interview
x/xx/xxxxx Oath
x/xx/xxxxx PP received

7/20/2009 check cashed
8/06/2009 FP
x/xx/xxxxx Interview
x/xx/xxxxx oath
x/xx/xxxxx PP received

citihorn,

Maybe it is the post office closings by USPS, I received my FP appt notice yesterday for the appt this Friday, even though it is post marked July 27. In any case, I am right behind you for the FP appt. What time is yours on Thursday? Are you going to the one in Dallas or FW?

citihorn,

Maybe it is the post office closings by USPS, I received my FP appt notice yesterday for the appt this Friday, even though it is post marked July 27. In any case, I am right behind you for the FP appt. What time is yours on Thursday? Are you going to the one in Dallas or FW?[/QUOTE

sorry of the delay, I got my FP at the dallas (whitehurst) address. My appointment was for 12pm but I got there at 11:30 and I was finished in 30 minutes. One snag that concerned me is that they had my SS number wrong on the system!!They corrected it and asked me to make sure that I bring my original SS card to the interview in case the discrepancy comes up. I double checked my N400 application and it was correct so it must be some user input error!

7/20/2009 check cashed
8/06/2009 FP
x/xx/xxxxx Interview
x/xx/xxxxx oath
x/xx/xxxxx PP received