Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

My Timeline:

I went for my interview yesterday and here is my own story LADIES and WE-MEN (I mean "we the men"). Got there on time and was called 20 mins late. Went through the usual protocol and again answered all the YES and NO questions.

Thanks Amantech... What were the YES and NO questions about ?

Is there any way to find out if the DO is conducting oath ceremony on the same as interview? I know my ID and want to know if there is a oath ceremony on the same day?

They are doing same day Oath ceremony for the people who finish their interviews by 11:30 AM. Occasionally, they're closing down the oath ceremonies for few days. But other than these shutdowns, majority of people who are done by 11:30 AM will walk out with the Nat. Certificate at the end of the day.

From your signature, it looks like you have Interview scheduled at 2PM..not to be spoiler to the party, but your chances of getting same day oath are almost nil unless if there is a second oath ceremony planned later in the evening...I haven't seen any one posting here so far for a second oath ceremony on the same day in Irving Office yet.

mmmm..I just noticed that your DO is Balitmore...then why did you post it in the Dallas thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I just got a ticket today for expired inspection sticker (completely forgot to renew). The cop told me that I have a court date and to call the number on the ticket. When I called the court number,the lady I talked to told me that I can pay the ticket $204, and I dont have to appear. I have my interview scheduled on 08/18 and I have to mention this to the IO since it happened after my application.

For the people that have had their interviews at the Dallas DO, what kind of paper work did you take with you for tickets, and where did you get it from. Will this ticket be a big deal at my interview. I dont have any other tickets, this is my first one and I am clueless about these things. I appreciate your help and input.

milk , i remember you mentioned that you had contacted 2nd level io for your app. did you actually use infopass and go there or all communication was over the phone

I did both. I went for couple of infopass appointments on alternate weeks and then I called and spoke with the 2nd level IO during the week that I did not go for the infopass.

Hey guys, I just got a ticket today for expired inspection sticker (completely forgot to renew). The cop told me that I have a court date and to call the number on the ticket. When I called the court number,the lady I talked to told me that I can pay the ticket $204, and I dont have to appear. I have my interview scheduled on 08/18 and I have to mention this to the IO since it happened after my application.

For the people that have had their interviews at the Dallas DO, what kind of paper work did you take with you for tickets, and where did you get it from. Will this ticket be a big deal at my interview. I dont have any other tickets, this is my first one and I am clueless about these things. I appreciate your help and input.

I haven't had the interview yet, but I would think you should take a copy of the ticket and your receipt if you pay the fine. If there is a possibility of getting the ticket dismissed by getting the inspection done and appearing at the court, you should try that. In any case, I don't think this would be a deal breaker by any means as it is not even a moving violation. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks Milk. I have posted here after seeing some Oath related discussion.
It was a general question to know if anyone has any experience. Anyway Thanks. I will not be getting same oath chance 99%. All the best to all the Dallas applicants.

They are doing same day Oath ceremony for the people who finish their interviews by 11:30 AM. Occasionally, they're closing down the oath ceremonies for few days. But other than these shutdowns, majority of people who are done by 11:30 AM will walk out with the Nat. Certificate at the end of the day.

From your signature, it looks like you have Interview scheduled at 2PM..not to be spoiler to the party, but your chances of getting same day oath are almost nil unless if there is a second oath ceremony planned later in the evening...I haven't seen any one posting here so far for a second oath ceremony on the same day in Irving Office yet.

mmmm..I just noticed that your DO is Balitmore...then why did you post it in the Dallas thread?

Thanks for all the help guys.

I am just so anxious and can't wait to go to my interview. I feel like a little kid waiting for my birthday.

Proud US Citizen

N-400 Applied: 2/16/09
N-400 Priority date: 2/18/09
FP Notice revied : 3/14
Orginal FP notice data: 3/18
Missed the FP appointment
Request to re-schedule the appointment response lost by USCIS
Infopass appt in Irving - 5/8
new FP date: 5/28
FP: 5/28
Letter for Interview received: 6/13
Interview Date: 7/20 7:30 AM
Interview - 7/20. Showed up at 7:25 and completed the interview process by 7:55.
Oath date - 7/20
Applied Passport in person at Dallas Passport Agency - 7/21

OL help

We are still waiting for Oath letter for the interview that happened on 06/23 and approved but slipped the Oath the same day due to the 5 yr date. I saw some message earlier on calling the IO 2nd level. I cant even get to the 1st level. Is this the nbr 800-375-5283 if so what option to even talk to 1st level.

Titan:
We are still waiting for Oath letter for the interview that happened on 06/23 and approved but slipped the Oath the same day due to the 5 yr date. I saw some message earlier on calling the IO 2nd level. I cant even get to the 1st level. Is this the nbr 800-375-5283 if so what option to even talk to 1st level.

Yes, that was the right number. Press option: 1, 2, and then 3 to speak to the 1st Level IO.

DD

Dial that number and then choose options 1,2,3.

You can request the 1st level IO to connect u to the 2nd level IO.

You can also schedule an InfoPass and talk to a live IO.

Thanks guys. I did that and got to the 1st level who did the usual read through and after some big time convincing I talked to the 2nd level and IO was courteous and said nothing wrong with the app and its waiting to be scheduled for the ceremony and I should get the letter in couple of weeks. Well looks like more waiting time atleast for us.

Thanks guys. I did that and got to the 1st level who did the usual read through and after some big time convincing I talked to the 2nd level and IO was courteous and said nothing wrong with the app and its waiting to be scheduled for the ceremony and I should get the letter in couple of weeks. Well looks like more waiting time atleast for us.

Some thing weird. Even the 2nd level IO could not see that it was mailed on July 20. I just received the Oath letter.

So the calculation seems to pan out between 3 and 4 weeks after Interview

Interview date: 06/23/2009 (approved)
Oath letter : 07/22/2009 (Mailed 07/20)
Oath date: 08/17/2009

Proud US Citizen
Thanks to all the members of this forum, who provided some great inputs. My special thanks to Milk.

We (myself & spouse) had our interview and oath ceremony on 21july. I was scheduled for 10:20 and my spouse at 11. Call it luck or not, my spouse was called around 10:18 and myself at 10:20.

My officer was extremely nice, as we were walking towards the office, she asked if i did my studies in this country ( which i did). She comforted saying that it will be a breeze.

She went over the YES/No questions in kind of bulk, what i mean is, e.g if I was part of some group or communist party. That's it for Part10-B. What i wanted to say is, she did not explicitly ask every question but kinda went over in bunch.

At the end of the interview, when i was approved and given the same day oath, I even asked my officier if she can make sure, my wife also gets an same day appointment too. She was nice enough to walk down the aisle and my wife's interviewer's office and made sure it was the case.Our oath ceremony was also scheduled and held on the same day.

I came back home and called National Passport customer service(Since I have to travel in the next 4weeks) and to schedule an appointment for a passport. To my pleasant surprise, US Department has opened a new Dallas Regional Passport office on july 13. I got an appointment with passport office on 22 Jul and need to pick up it on Jul 23. Remember, you qualify only if you have immediate travel plans. You need to substantiate with your confirmed tickets or itinerary from the airlines.

Still, one more battle to go, need to apply for PIO card, Do all you know whats the turn around on that one ?

Proud US Citizen
Thanks to all the members of this forum, who provided some great inputs. My special thanks to Milk.

We (myself & spouse) had our interview and oath ceremony on 21july. I was scheduled for 10:20 and my spouse at 11. Call it luck or not, my spouse was called around 10:18 and myself at 10:20.

My officer was extremely nice, as we were walking towards the office, she asked if i did my studies in this country ( which i did). She comforted saying that it will be a breeze.

She went over the YES/No questions in kind of bulk, what i mean is, e.g if I was part of some group or communist party. That's it for Part10-B. What i wanted to say is, she did not explicitly ask every question but kinda went over in bunch.

At the end of the interview, when i was approved and given the same day oath, I even asked my officier if she can make sure, my wife also gets an same day appointment too. She was nice enough to walk down the aisle and my wife's interviewer's office and made sure it was the case.Our oath ceremony was also scheduled and held on the same day.

I came back home and called National Passport customer service(Since I have to travel in the next 4weeks) and to schedule an appointment for a passport. To my pleasant surprise, US Department has opened a new Dallas Regional Passport office on july 13. I got an appointment with passport office on 22 Jul and need to pick up it on Jul 23. Remember, you qualify only if you have immediate travel plans. You need to substantiate with your confirmed tickets or itinerary from the airlines.

Still, one more battle to go, need to apply for PIO card, Do all you know whats the turn around on that one ?

Hello and congratulations gbs.citizen! I am glad it all went over smooth for you and your spouse.

I have a question for you though... at what time were you allowed in the building? I understand you and your wife had slight different interview times, were you both allowed in at the same time?

My wife and I are scheduled for tomorrow, July 24, at 11AM.

Thank you and good luck!

Congrats!! I am glad that everything worked out in your favor.

Regarding Indian visa: If I were you, I would take a short term visa (can get it in a day) and go on vacation to India ..but at the same time apply for OCI now before you head out.

OCI processing takes anywhere from 2 to 3 months, so by the time you come back..it will be ready....remember you DON'T need to send your US passport now for OCI...just application needs to be filed with the photo copies...

OCI is much better than PIO...as you don't need to deal with the Indian consulate any more after OCI...

Proud US Citizen

Gotcha:

I think, they let both of us in to the sitting hall by 9:45. They give me a restaurant style buzzer by 10 am for me, but they refused to give my wife at time. When she went by 10:15 or so, she was given one.

My wife was refused at 10 by one lady, but by 10:15 am someone else there, they were apparently more lenient than the previous one.