Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Had my interview on Friday (2/20). My appointment time was 1:05 PM. I arrived around 12:20 PM and had to wait for a while. Apparently cell phones are now allowed in the waiting area. So I waited without my phone for almost 2 hours before finally being called in. The person interviewing me was a character. He seemed like he was in a hurry. Only things he asked for were Driver's License, Passport, Social Security card and Green Card. You HAVE to have these with you. Why they do not make this clear in the Interview letter where they state what you need to bring is beyond me (it only asks you to bring the permanent residence card and another thing or two, but you need all those forms of ID).
I was a little taken back during the interview because the officer asked me questions about the circumstances through which I obtained my PR. I was not expecting that after being grilled on those things during my PR interview. In any case, I answered the questions about my family and we moved on. The officer was nice but anxious the entire time and made me hurry through a couple of steps and did not allow any time for questions. So, unlike user 'dliu', I did not feel comfortable asking the officer any questions I might have had. I was approved and told that an oath letter would be in the mail within the next few weeks.

I was just glad to have gotten the approval but I went there expecting to complete a same day oath. So it was bittersweet. Almost done, not quite!

Lesson to learn though: Bring EVERYTHING! You just never know. And be prepared to answer questions about your PR. Remember dates etc. because you may get grilled.

Good luck and thanks to everyone here.

Driver's License, Passport, Social Security card and Green Card. You HAVE to have these with you.

I was asked those too. I had passports and driver's license but I didn't even know I should bring SS card. I was frustrated and told my IO I didn't bring it, and she said it was OK as long as I knew the number.

I was approved and told that an oath letter would be in the mail within the next few weeks.

Yes, I heard same comment. within 30 days, I would get the oath letter, but I got it 3 months later. Good luck for you.:)

Hi all,
Just finished my interview today for N-400. Had a quick question to ask, I would appreciate if some one could answer this:

Went to Irving office this mornign and interview completed in 10 mins.
Officer gave me a letter saying you passed the interview test, but she said she is waiting on another file, and it should be in a week. With in 2 weeks I should get Oath letter.
My question is the letter does not say that I am approved or congratulations it says the passed the interview test and I should wait for Oath.

Does any one got the same letter?

Applied: 8/2/2008
FP: 8/27/2008
ID: 2/24/2009
Oath:??

more info

Hi all,
Just finished my interview today for N-400. Had a quick question to ask, I would appreciate if some one could answer this:

Went to Irving office this mornign and interview completed in 10 mins.
Officer gave me a letter saying you passed the interview test, but she said she is waiting on another file, and it should be in a week. With in 2 weeks I should get Oath letter.
My question is the letter does not say that I am approved or congratulations it says the passed the interview test and I should wait for Oath.

Does any one got the same letter?

Applied: 8/2/2008
FP: 8/27/2008
ID: 2/24/2009
Oath:??

can you provide more info on your experience? do you rmemebers the questions they asked and setence you had to write?

Has anyone been able to do same day oath in Irving since Feb 20th when the computer systems were down? I have my interview on March 17th. Thanks.

THDRR What other file? Could it be your name check clearance from FBI? That is the only thing that comes to my mind.

She told me that everyone would have 2 files one green and brown, Mine was green and that is called temporary file. She said they would get the brown file by friday and next week she would send me the oath letter. I told her that I have to go to India in April and requested her to call me if she does not receive the file by friday. She said she will call me if she don't see my file by friday or monday of next week. I don't think thats FBI file.

She asked me 6 questions and said you need to answer only 6 and asked me to write "The president lives in white house".

She told me my oath will be in the same office in Irving.

does anyone know if the oaths are held the same day as interview at the new office in irving on campur circle? My interview is on March 20 at this new location
thanks

read previous posts. it's all written down in detail. just to summarize, they are supposed to offer same day oaths at the new office but have not done so recently due to IT issues or perhaps a new policy. I dont think anyone knows for sure. Whatever it is, hope they have it fixed by the time you go in.

I have been reading these posts while going through our naturalization process. Just wanted to let you know our experience.
Both my husband and I applied at the same time and had all our process' happen at the same time.
At the interview we had to wait about an hour past our appointment time for the interview.The interviewing officer in both cases was very nice and made us feel quite comfortable.
The process was simple. First the officer verified that everything in the application was current. I had a few changes, and had taken a printout of the relevant pages with those changes, the officer took those and added them to the file.
He then asked me to read a question, and then asked me to write the answer to the question. ( He gave me the answer that I was asked to write down)
Then he asked me 6 questions.
The ones I remember are
What does the Presidents Cabinet do?
How many Supreme Court justices?
Then said " you have passed, let me see if we have any openings for oath this afternoon."
Came back with the oath letter in about 5 mins. I think you are offered the same day oath if you have your interview early in the day. Our oath time was 1.30PM.

I went out and waited for my husbands interview to finish. He had similar stuff to report.
Picked up the kids and came back for the oath.

The ceremony was quite simple, the hall was about 1/2 full. We were home by 3.30 PM

We had friends at the oath ceremony who had the same timeline as ours.
Applied around first week of November.
Finger Printing last week November.
Interview letter last week of December.
Interview and Oath 23 Feb 09

I finally got my fingerprint notification today, so I'll give a quick update on the timeframe.

02/10/09 Mailed N400 Application
02/11/09 Received Receipt Notice
02/11/09 Priority Date
02/13/09 Cashed Check
02/24/09 Fingerprint Notice Dated
03/02/09 Received Fingerprint Notice
03/11/09 Fingerprint Scheduled

Received oath ceremony letter two days ago. All set for March 12, 2009 at Las Colinas. Was affected by the down systems so couldn't do same-day oath in late Feb.

PD: 10/28/08
FP letter: 11/07/08 received
FP completed: 11/08/08 (walk-in)
Interview Letter received: 12/26/08
Interview Approval: 02/20/09 at Irving Las Colinas
Oath Ceremony: 03/12/09 at at Irving Las Colinas

dliu, thanks for the update. It's good to know that we both interviewed on the same day and had the same issues, yet, you received your oath letter a couple of days ago and I do not have anything in the mail as of yet. If I do not receive it today, I will be calling those clowns.

An update: I did not have an oath letter waiting for me in the mail so I called the 1800 number and it was the most excruciating customer service call of my life. These people have no idea what the word 'service' means. I understand that they cant provide too much information, but the reps have a script for every word that comes out of your mouth. If you say 'oath', they have a 2 page history of oaths that they will read out to you but not offer any information.
Anyways, call was useless. They asked me to wait 90 days after the date of the interview and then call back. I guess I have no option but to wait.

An update: I did not have an oath letter waiting for me in the mail so I called the 1800 number and it was the most excruciating customer service call of my life. These people have no idea what the word 'service' means. I understand that they cant provide too much information, but the reps have a script for every word that comes out of your mouth. If you say 'oath', they have a 2 page history of oaths that they will read out to you but not offer any information.
Anyways, call was useless. They asked me to wait 90 days after the date of the interview and then call back. I guess I have no option but to wait.

The trick is to by pass the first level customer reps by telling them you applied more than 30 days ago and never received a receipt number. Don't tell them you had fingerprints or interview. They will transfer your call to an IO who has access to view the status of your oath information.

The officer said I would be having my oath in March. Another family member is scheduled for March 12 oath ceremony, but i haven't heard anything yet. I think it varies from each officer that work on your case, their efficiency is not consistent. this will be my 4th month waiting for the oath letter. I was told everything is cleared, I'm not sure what caused the delay though.

Got mine done on 12-8 and still waiting. Did an infopass for the 10th. I'm just fed up with all this wait. I don't care if they schedule it sometimes in 2050 all I need is a date.

Got the Oath letter last week - Oath on 6th March

Looks like the my long journey of visa->green card->naturalization is almost over :) (knock.. knock)

I have my oath schedule at 9:30 am on Friday 6th March held at the new "INS" office build at "Irving".

Any of the December/January interview-folks on the same boat? Would be very happy to meet anyone from this forum tomorrow.

Will see you tomorrow then :)

Finally! I received my oath letter today. It is Mar. 6 in Irving. It's 4 months after my interview. I asked name change and no other issues. Thank you for everyon who kindly helped me in this forum.

Fuzzy - will see you tomorrow then at the Oath ceremony. Is yours at 9:30 am?