Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

I'm excited. Has the timeframe really decreased to 5-6 months from 12-13 months from just a year ago?

Got Oath Letter

Guys,
I received my oath letter letter on Feb 11 for Oath on Feb 19 8:30 am at Irving office. It is not too bad. I am glad it is almost over. It was a long process and appreciate all the help from old members specially oldies

N-400 Dallas TX:
Applied on: 8-22-07
FP on 2-22-08 and then NC took a while
Interview on 01-05-09
Oath Letter: 02-11-09
Oath: 02-19-09

Did you request a name change?

Guys,
I received my oath letter letter on Feb 11 for Oath on Feb 19 8:30 am at Irving office. It is not too bad. I am glad it is almost over. It was a long process and appreciate all the help from old members specially oldies

N-400 Dallas TX:
Applied on: 8-22-07
FP on 2-22-08 and then NC took a while
Interview on 01-05-09
Oath Letter: 02-11-09
Oath: 02-19-09

Hi Chakwal
First Congrats on receiving your oath letter. Did you request a name change in your application?
Regards
michael

N-400 Dallas TX timings

TSC (Dallas,TX)
02/02/2009 N-400 mailed
02/04/2009 N-400 receipt date USPS tracking
02/06/2009 N-400 priority date
02/11/2008 Check cashed
xx/xx/xx : FP Notice Received ( I-797C).
xx/xx/xx : FP Done
xx/xx/xx : Interview Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Interview Date.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Date.

Interview completed !!

Guys i had my citizenship interview yesterday morning at Irving office at 9:05 AM and got approved within 30 minutes. I was scheduled for same day oath i.e yesterday afternoon at 1:30 PM and got my Naturalization certificate by 2:30 PM.

This board was very informative and thank you all your comments and suggestions.

Here is my 4 months journey:

D/O: Dallas, Texas
10/10/08 : Received Date
10/10/08 : Priority Date
10/23/08 : Notice Date
11/07/2008: FP Notice
11/18/2008: FP Completed
12/22/2008: Interview letter (Notice Date)
02/17/2009: Interview Date
02/17/2009: Interview completed
02/17/2009: Oath completed (Same day)

Next Judicial Oath in Plano is Scheduled

Guys,

Few days back I emailed the Eastern Distrct Court (got their email from their website) and asking for their 2009 schedule of naturalization. I received the following reply today:

"We do not have a naturalization schedule. The only ceremony we have scheduled at this time, that I am aware of, is for March 6, in Plano."

This means that anyone who will be scheduled for this ceremony should receive notice by mail now or very soon.

Anyone received notice for Oath yet?

Regards
michael

congradulations

sinnghiskinng,
Congradulations.
Thanks for sharing the information.

I live in Flower Mound (close to Irving, TX). Is Irving is interview location for N-400 as well? If you know please advise.

Have a great day.

Done with Oath

Had oath today at Irving office. There were lot of people who attended and got naturalized. Overall good ceremony and polite and professional staff.
You only need to show your GC and the form. No other doces needed.
Good luck to everbody...

Congrats!

I, and I believe some others on this board, will have our citizenship interview tomorrow (2/20) in Irving. Will let you know how it goes.

Priority Date: 10/28/2008

Interview completed !!

Guys i had my citizenship interview yesterday morning at Irving office at 9:05 AM and got approved within 30 minutes. I was scheduled for same day oath i.e yesterday afternoon at 1:30 PM and got my Naturalization certificate by 2:30 PM.

This board was very informative and thank you all your comments and suggestions.

Here is my 4 months journey:

D/O: Dallas, Texas
10/10/08 : Received Date
10/10/08 : Priority Date
10/23/08 : Notice Date
11/07/2008: FP Notice
11/18/2008: FP Completed
12/22/2008: Interview letter (Notice Date)
02/17/2009: Interview Date
02/17/2009: Interview completed
02/17/2009: Oath completed (Same day)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with your interview. Please let us know if you were able to do the same day oath. Thanks.

Congrats!

I, and I believe some others on this board, will have our citizenship interview tomorrow (2/20) in Irving. Will let you know how it goes.

Priority Date: 10/28/2008

Hi all,

Did my citizenship interview today at Irving Center. Scheduled time at 10:15am and arrived at 9:45am. Full house and they even run out of the buzzers! Called up at 11:15am by a male officer and spent less than 10 mins to get the approval recommendation.

Nothing complicated. He asked me to pledge to say only truth, checked any changes since application filing (incl. job status and recent travel), asked 5 questions from the list of 100, wrote a sentence (there are one hundred senators.), asked if I will bear arm/serve if needed etc. Then we were done and he handed me a sheet with recommendation for approval. BTW, no name change.

Only disappointment is that the computer system is done today so they can't have a same-day oath ceremony in the afternoon. Was told to wait for a mail letter in a few weeks and it should not take long since now that they are done with moving to Irving. Saw at least a hundred people at an oath ceremony this morning at that site. The receptionist told me they usually have two sessions a day now ... of course assuming the system coorperates.

Off again to the waiting game ... hopefully not long.

PD: 10/28/08
FP letter: 11/07/08 received
FP completed: 11/08/08 (walk-in)
Interview Letter received: 12/26/08
Interview Approval: 02/20/09 at Irving site
Oath Ceremony: waiting

Congrats on passing the interview. Couldn't you request to schedule oath tomorrow?

Hi all,

Did my citizenship interview today at Irving Center. Scheduled time at 10:15am and arrived at 9:45am. Full house and they even run out of the buzzers! Called up at 11:15am by a male officer and spent less than 10 mins to get the approval recommendation.

Nothing complicated. He asked me to pledge to say only truth, checked any changes since application filing (incl. job status and recent travel), asked 5 questions from the list of 100, wrote a sentence (there are one hundred senators.), asked if I will bear arm/serve if needed etc. Then we were done and he handed me a sheet with recommendation for approval. BTW, no name change.

Only disappointment is that the computer system is done today so they can't have a same-day oath ceremony in the afternoon. Was told to wait for a mail letter in a few weeks and it should not take long since now that they are done with moving to Irving. Saw at least a hundred people at an oath ceremony this morning at that site. The receptionist told me they usually have two sessions a day now ... of course assuming the system coorperates.

Off again to the waiting game ... hopefully not long.

PD: 10/28/08
FP letter: 11/07/08 received
FP completed: 11/08/08 (walk-in)
Interview Letter received: 12/26/08
Interview Approval: 02/20/09 at Irving site
Oath Ceremony: waiting

I asked whether I can just drop by in a few days. He said no and they do not provide rescheduling at interview. Mail is the only way to get rescheduled. Bummer.

Finally! I received my oath letter today. It is Mar. 6 in Irving. It's 4 months after my interview. I asked name change and no other issues. Thank you for everyon who kindly helped me in this forum.

Oath with name change at Court or USIC???

Fuzzy
Congrats on your Oath Letter :)
Did you receive the oath location at Irving Court (Northern District Court) or at the Irving USIC New Building (Las Colinas) ?

Thanks
michael

Finally! I received my oath letter today. It is Mar. 6 in Irving. It's 4 months after my interview. I asked name change and no other issues. Thank you for everyon who kindly helped me in this forum.

3 months after the interview you meant? Congrats anyway. Your journey is almost over.