Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Does anyone who has an interview in Dec gets an oath letter yet?
They told me I would expect an oath letter in 30 days, but now it is almost two months after the interview.:confused:

I had the test and passed a few weeks before yours, I still haven't heard anything. I checked the online status at the USCIS site and it still shows as pending. It's the end of Jan now, it would be a very short notice if they do get us in on the Feb group.

look at this processing time
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=acffaca797e63110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

Last edited by a moderator:
The link you posted is for the fiscal year. You need to look at the processing times frames posted on January which shows 5 months as at November. The info by itself is already 2 months old. USCIS.
Has anyone recived oath letter for judicial oath for february or march from the Dallas DO?

I had the test and passed a few weeks before yours, I still haven't heard anything. I checked the online status at the USCIS site and it still shows as pending. It's the end of Jan now, it would be a very short notice if they do get us in on the Feb group.

look at this processing time
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=acffaca797e63110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

Hello everyone!

I have read everything on this topic and have closely looked to the replies and profiles.
I am very worried, i sent my N 400 form on 12/13/2008, check has been cashed on the 29th of December and I did not receive my NOA...

I am worried, and I trully don t know what to do...who should I call...what should I do?

Thanks for your answers!

Has anyone recived oath letter for judicial oath for february or march from the Dallas DO?

Yes it is getting scary as i have not received anyting either. I was told to expect Oath letter in the last week of Jan or 1st week of Feb. Anybody receiving the letter, please update others!

Sucessful Interview and same day oath at Irving TX

I had my interview on January 29th 2009 at the new Irving USCIS office.

My interview was scheduled at 8:40am but because of the bad weather arrived at 8:55am. There were people waiting to get thru the security and it took me a good 5 mins to get thru it. After that I rushed to the information desk besides the security and was told to go up to second floor for my interview. Once again I asked the security guy at the desk about my late arrival and he told me the interviews were running behind schedule.

At about 9 am a lady officer came out and called out my name. We walked together and exchanged pleasantaries and found that she too lived in Frisco TX. The offices are brand new and sparkling clean. I was taken to her office and she asked me to raise my right hand and take the Oath.

After that she went thru my N400 line by line I had many changes, I had moved to Frisco, My wife who had applied with me had become a citizen in June 2008. I also had received another citation for burnt out headlamp (thanks Frisco police).

I had printed out the updated N400 form with all the above information and gave the updated form to the officer which she appreciated. I also gave a copy of the case dismisal duly signed by the judge for the recent citiation which she added to the file.

She then asked me to sign my pictures in the same way I sign regularly.

She then conducted the tests and asked me to read and write a sentence.

She then printed out a form and told me congratulations you have passed the test and I am going to recommend you for approval.

She then asked if I am interested in same day Oath (no name change)
and she then came back with a form asking me to come for the oath at 1:30pm.

I arrived for the oath at 1:00pm and the place was getting crowded. The officer asked us to handover the greencards and the notice for the oath. The officer then asked us to be seated in the order he read our name in ribbon fashion.

The officer then told us that we were the third group to have the oath at the new Irving facility. The supervisor came out around 2:00pm and the oath was all done in 15mins.

The entire ceremony was over by 2:20pm

My journey has come to a close !!!! Thanks to all the folks on this board for all the valuable information !!!

Texas Service Center -- Mesquite TX
10/24/2007 N-400 mailed self and spouse
10/26/2007 PD self and spouse
12/27/2007 Receipt self and spouse
01/28/2008 FP Notice date self and spouse
02/23/2008 FP Done self and spouse
05/05/2008 IL received for spouse
06/06/2008 Interview and Oath for spouse
12/04/2008 Interview letter for self
01/29/2009 Interview and Oath
01/30/2009 Passport applied

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my interview on January 29th 2009 at the new Irving USCIS office.

My interview was scheduled at 8:40am but because of the bad weather arrived at 8:55am. There were people waiting to get thru the security and it took me a good 5 mins to get thru it. After that I rushed to the information desk besides the security and was told to go up to second floor for my interview. Once again I asked the security guy at the desk about my late arrival and he told me the interviews were running behind schedule.

At about 9 am a lady officer came out and called out my name. We walked together and exchanged pleasantaries and found that she too lived in Frisco TX. The offices are brand new and sparkling clean. I was taken to her office and she asked me to raise my right hand and take the Oath.

After that she went thru my N400 line by line I had many changes, I had moved to Frisco, My wife who had applied with me had become a citizen in June 2008. I also had received another citation for burnt out headlamp (thanks Frisco police).

I had printed out the updated N400 form with all the above information and gave the updated form to the officer which she appreciated. I also gave a copy of the case dismisal duly signed by the judge for the recent citiation which she added to the file.

She then asked me to sign my pictures in the same way I sign regularly.

She then conducted the tests and asked me to read and write a sentence.

She then printed out a form and told me congratulations you have passed the test and I am going to recommend you for approval.

She then asked if I am interested in same day Oath (no name change)
and she then came back with a form asking me to come for the oath at 1:30pm.

I arrived for the oath at 1:00pm and the place was getting crowded. The officer asked us to handover the greencards and the notice for the oath. The officer then asked us to be seated in the order he read our name in ribbon fashion.

The officer then told us that we were the third group to have the oath at the new Irving facility. The supervisor came out around 2:00pm and the oath was all done in 15mins.

The entire ceremony was over by 2:20pm

My journey has come to a close !!!! Thanks to all the folks on this board for all the valuable information !!!

Texas Service Center -- Mesquite TX
10/24/2007 N-400 mailed self and spouse
10/26/2007 PD self and spouse
12/27/2007 Receipt self and spouse
01/28/2008 FP Notice date self and spouse
02/23/2008 FP Done self and spouse
05/05/2008 IL received for spouse
06/06/2008 Interview and Oath for spouse
12/04/2008 Interview letter for self
01/29/2009 Interview and Oath
01/30/2009 Passport applied

Dang.... I don't know what it is, but it may be because of my name change request that causing a delay. I did my interview at the Irving location too, but since November, I haven't received the oath letter yet. anyone know why it takes this long for the Name change process?

Dang.... I don't know what it is, but it may be because of my name change request that causing a delay. I did my interview at the Irving location too, but since November, I haven't received the oath letter yet. anyone know why it takes this long for the Name change process?

Also, the Interview Date on the third week of November, and it has been more than 2 months and so far NO OATH.- It looks like immigrants, I have a feeling, have become a nuisance to USCIS.-

rick92 was yours a judicial oath also or was there no name change involved?
Unfortunately name change in Texas takes 5 - 6 months looks like. I think it is better to finish the process without name change and then do it through the courts.

Also, the Interview Date on the third week of November, and it has been more than 2 months and so far NO OATH.- It looks like immigrants, I have a feeling, have become a nuisance to USCIS.-

Same here - Had inteview on Jan-06 that ended up with Congratulations letter and that i should expect the Oath letter withing a month but nothing yet!!! VERY FRUSTRATING THIS WAIT.....

Please guys, anybody who receives Oath Letter, let the others know
Cheerz

Same here - Had inteview on Jan-06 that ended up with Congratulations letter and that i should expect the Oath letter withing a month but nothing yet!!! VERY FRUSTRATING THIS WAIT.....

Please guys, anybody who receives Oath Letter, let the others know
Cheerz

Had an interview on Dec. 4 in Dallas and heard I should get an oath letter in a month but no oath letter yet. :(

We are only a nuisance because they are not doing their job, the Job the charge us for. If they can not do it, then they should handover the work to someone else. When you give someone money, it is with the expectation that they will provide a service to you. So far I have not seen the service for my money.

Is there a ceremony on Feb ?

We are only a nuisance because they are not doing their job, the Job the charge us for. If they can not do it, then they should handover the work to someone else. When you give someone money, it is with the expectation that they will provide a service to you. So far I have not seen the service for my money.

Guys,
Now I am questioning this post which says we have oath ceremony on Feb 12 in Terrant county. Is it really true we have a ceremony or this is mis-information ?

The federal court in dallas has a tentative schedule for oath ceremonies once a month every second thursday
http://www.txnd.uscourts.gov/pdf/jury/Natzschedule.pdf
It is up to the USCIS to make use of the the schedul. The court can only naturalize persons that the USCIS presents to them

Guys,
Now I am questioning this post which says we have oath ceremony on Feb 12 in Terrant county. Is it really true we have a ceremony or this is mis-information ?

The federal court in dallas has a tentative schedule for oath ceremonies once a month every second thursday
http://www.txnd.uscourts.gov/pdf/jury/Natzschedule.pdf
It is up to the USCIS to make use of the the schedul. The court can only naturalize persons that the USCIS presents to them

Thanks, I am just wondering there is no jude name on this date ?
Also does USCIS realy take advantage of all of these dates ?
By the way appreciate your input and lets hope we get some good news in this week!

rick92 was yours a judicial oath also or was there no name change involved?
Unfortunately name change in Texas takes 5 - 6 months looks like. I think it is better to finish the process without name change and then do it through the courts.

Same in NY, after the elections looks like they went to sleep. Nobody home.
My oath, is not a name change, just a regular oath, it has been 2 1/2 months since my app was approved.-

Northern District vs. Eastern District

Since we are discussing the Oath in Dallas, i thought i will ask a querstion following what has happened in my wife's case:
my wife interview was in June-2008
They asked for additional info which we provided in a week.
We never heard from INS since June-2008
On September 17th, 2008 (3 months later) She received Oath letter on October 2nd, 2008 at the NORTHERN DISTIRCT COURT - Arlington (even though we live in Plano)
On September 22nd, 2008 She received another letter of postponment of Oath :confused:
On October 15th, 2008 (4 Months from interview) she received Oath Letter for November 10th, 2008 at the EASTERN DISTICT COURT (Plano this time)
and thankfully she is Citizen now :)
My questions are:
Do they allow Plano residents to "oath" in Norhtern District Courts? or do we have to wait until Eastern District ceremony?
You think this oath re-schedule had to do with the same issue?
You think the 4 months wait is just the normal wait and we ought to relax?

Obviously i am not alone in this situation, i really want this issue closed and behind me ..... it is just this one small step.....

Cheerz
michael

update: the officer that i had interviewed with, she called and left a voicemail asking me to come in, but didn't say what it is for. does anyone know the phone number to the irving office?

Goodluck finding it. Most of the time what you need to do in this circumstance is to make an infopass appointment. Not sure why she did not tell you what to bring along. But then with the USCIS, nothing is surprising.

update: the officer that i had interviewed with, she called and left a voicemail asking me to come in, but didn't say what it is for. does anyone know the phone number to the irving office?

Thanks god!!!
Finally got the oath letter today, I could not stop smiling......long wait (from 1998) is finally over. It just showed up, last time at Infopass was not sure if I had been approved yet (still under review was the reply). Must have been approved, since then or maybe my showing up month after month for 4 months paid off. Do not know but I don't care, I am just glad that I got it.
I do have a question for anyone who has taken the oath. The letter says to showup at the Irving location then it says " LOBBY, NONE". I understand the lobby part but what the hell is NONE? I hope I can take the family along with me & this does not mean no guests allowed.
The family was wahat kept me from going too worrisome over this they should get to be there as well........
Any idea how long it takes?
Thanks to all the people who post the questions & specially those who post answers.....It is great to have a support group type of situation here.......

Just got off the phone. Same ole story, " as of last week you're in que for the oath" and I go that's what you all said last week and the week before... another 45 to 90 days? u guys are kidding me... Those who requested a name change incluing myself.. what the hell were we thinking?