Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Just got off the phone. Same ole story, " as of last week you're in que for the oath" and I go that's what you all said last week and the week before... another 45 to 90 days? u guys are kidding me... Those who requested a name change incluing myself.. what the hell were we thinking?

Same story in the East Coast, California, and Midwest. This is nationwide.- :mad:

There is a judicial oath ceremony every month for crying out loud. All the paper work for the name change is completed at the time of the interview. They just need to send it to the courts and coordinate scheduling the oath ceremony. How difficult can that be? More than 30 days? This is absolutely ridiculous. Unfortunately the elections are over guys, they absolutely don't have any incentive to speed up things. Bad timing for us.

There is a judicial oath ceremony every month for crying out loud. All the paper work for the name change is completed at the time of the interview. They just need to send it to the courts and coordinate scheduling the oath ceremony. How difficult can that be? More than 30 days? This is absolutely ridiculous. Unfortunately the elections are over guys, they absolutely don't have any incentive to speed up things. Bad timing for us.

Plus the two (2) Top positions are USCIS are vacant. The USCIS Director and Deputy Director posts are vacant. There is somebody working as an acting Deputy Director, which means he is third down the line. And this guy used to be in charge of Customer Service, well, that's quite an example he is giving.-

There is nobody home. Everybody needs to start writing to their congressman/ woman and US officials involved. :eek:

Good news guys!

I was informed that I have to sign the photos that was submitted (the new policy or something like that or the officer forgotten to ask me to do so during the interview). I went in for that at the new Irving office. They had just move into the new office, this may have caused a little delay on their part. I was told by the officer that I am approved, but since I have to go through the Judiciary oath due to name change, the oath will be in March. I don't mind the wait, since now I know my real status.

Good news guys!

I was informed that I have to sign the photos that was submitted (the new policy or something like that or the officer forgotten to ask me to do so during the interview). I went in for that at the new Irving office. They had just move into the new office, this may have caused a little delay on their part. I was told by the officer that I am approved, but since I have to go through the Judiciary oath due to name change, the oath will be in March. I don't mind the wait, since now I know my real status.

Welcome to the waiting game.- :cool:

I had my interview on 10/23/08 and recived the Oath letter today. The oath is scheduled on 2/18 at Irving Office.

I had a infopass appoinment on 1/30 (friday) and was told that the application is in Q for oath and it might take another 45-90 days. However, the oath letter is dated 2/2 (monday) which is the next business day. Not sure if it is just a mere coincidence ....

I had my interview on 10/23/08 and recived the Oath letter today. The oath is scheduled on 2/18 at Irving Office.

I had a infopass appoinment on 1/30 (friday) and was told that the application is in Q for oath and it might take another 45-90 days. However, the oath letter is dated 2/2 (monday) which is the next business day. Not sure if it is just a mere coincidence ....

Satish,
Does your oath letter says "NONE" after the location ??
Also if we choose to apply for the passport after the ceremony do we need to take extra photos with us?
Do we need to take every document as well?
Oh & congrats man, I can honestly say I know how you feel.....:D

Does your oath letter says "NONE" after the location ??

YES

Also if we choose to apply for the passport after the ceremony do we need to take extra photos with us?

YES, the photos that are required for applying PP.. (i believe 4)

Do we need to take every document as well?

NO, only the docs that apply to you (in the checklist on the oath letter)

Oh & congrats man, I can honestly say I know how you feel.....:D

IL sent to wrong address

My wife and myself had finger printing on 1/14. Yesterday 2/10 a gentleman knocked on my door and told me USCIS had sent my wife's interview letter notice to his address along with his notice. This is a man I don't even know. I am thankful to him that he lived in my city. I can't believe they can send the notice to a different address even though the address on the notice is my correct mailing address.

However bad news is that I have not received my interview letter. Do I need to make an infopass appt incase they sent mine to another different address?

fak005, you can make an Infopass and also call USCIS. If you call USCIS ask to speak to a 2nd-lv IO, do not get the information from the reps who answers the phone. they do not have info on your file even though they tell you they do. A 2nd-lv IO would be able to help you. Once the rep answers ask them to be transferred. They have to transfer you if you request. If they hang up, call back and ask again.

I apologize if this is a silly question but, I just applied and they asked for an email address on the application...do they email you the status or any updates? Or is it all done via snail-mail? Thanks.

Thanks for the update and congrats. I have also setup my Info Pass for Feb 17. I had my interview on Jan, 05. I am wondering if you talked to the IO inside or just people on the window about your issue ? Also should I expect to get oath letter letter by hand for the next day ? Anyother suggestions ?
Thanks,

I apologize if this is a silly question but, I just applied and they asked for an email address on the application...do they email you the status or any updates? Or is it all done via snail-mail? Thanks.

Who asked for email address on application? There is no e-mail address field on the N-400 form.

Yes, I stand corrected. I should have said I don't remember seeing the email field on N-400.;)

My guess is that USICS is supposed to enter the email into their automated update system, but we all know that the system is not reliable nor accurate.

Yes, I stand corrected. I should have said I don't remember seeing the email field on N-400.;)

My guess is that USICS is supposed to enter the email into their automated update system, but we all know that the system is not reliable nor accurate.

You mean " NON_EXISTENT", right? Better nothing than show to the world that we are lately incapable of such a little thing. :eek:

I mean, come on people from USCIS, this is the country that took MEN to the moon. This is John Lennon territory. !
What is going on? Where are we going? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oath question.

If we are not doing a Name change, does Dallas (irving) office allow to take the Oath on same day? I've got a interview coming up on March 3rd. Please advice.