Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

had my interview today morning at 9.50 am in dallas.
io went thru my app and was done in 10 minutes.
asked me if i had any speeding tickets in the past. I had 5 in the last 12 years
but i started out with 1 which was back in 2005. he noted down as a correction on the n400 and didnt
ask about the others. I dont know why.
Asked me if i had used other name . Even though i had used nicknames for my utilities,credit cards but no govt docs in the past, i said no
as others had mentioned on this forum.
i would advise others on this forum to fill n400 as simple as possible without providing too many details.
May be that's why my name check was cleared so soon.
asked me 8 questions from the test..
congratulated me on my approval and said that my oath is scheduled on the 13th Aug 08.
for my wife, the other IO asked for her SS card and birth ceritificate, dont know why, her oath is also scheduled the same day.
thanks all

did u say yes to queston about arrests, citation? what was the name of ur interviewing officer? which location did u interview?

Ceremony procedures

I just received a change to the location of the ceremony to Plano instead of Arlington.

I have a question for those who attended a ceremony before. I was asked to come in at 12:15, but I have a couple of friends that want to attend, taking time off work. Do they need to be there at 12:15?

I am not sure if there was a lengthy process of admittance and I can ask them to come a little later as to not waste more of their time. Any information will be helpful.

Thanks

I applied in Oct 2007 to TSC.
Got done with 1st FP on 3/15/08
Had second FP done on 9/9/08.
Now waiting for the next steps.
Found out that a lot of people that got finger printed around the time I did, had FP's rejected by FBI. Most of the people that were there yesterday for N-400 application were coming in for a second one due to the same problem. BTW the ASC (FP place near Bachman Lake) was very empty. Then I saw this AP story today.

U.S. citizenship filings decline after fee hike

guys,
Whats the deal with the namecheck? any ideas on average wait times?
I had my interview in early June 2008. I was told by the IO that all was ok except my namecheck had not returned. passed the test, file complete etc.
She said I should hear something soon, she said could not give me exact date or even timeframe. To me 'soon' means a couple of months, but have not heard anything since. Also I can't check my case status online or via phone. It does not show up at all. I am concerned that soemone might be sitting on my file, or my file has been forgotten. Really worried, any info would be nice......thanks

guys,
I had my interview in early June 2008. I was told by the IO that all was ok except my namecheck had not returned. passed the test, file complete etc.
She said I should hear something soon, she said could not give me exact date or even timeframe. To me 'soon' means a couple of months, but have not heard anything since. Also I can't check my case status online or via phone. It does not show up at all. I am concerned that soemone might be sitting on my file, or my file has been forgotten. Really worried, any info would be nice......thanks

Have you spoken to an IO lately about the status of your case?

guys,
FYI here is what I had to deal with.

RD: Feb 2007
FP1: March 2007
FP2: July 2008
ID: Sep 2nd, 2008, Passed
Oath: Sep 4th, 2008
Passport: Sep 5th, 2008 ( went to Hoston and got it the same day)

Good Luck to everybody and please keep up with your messages here. It is very helpful to all of us who can not get any useful info from the USCIS 800 number. My only remark is to be as honest as you can be when you post a note so that it does not mislead people.

I have an appointment in 2 weeks. Should I take all the documents that I took for the interview? Is there anything else that I should know of?
Thanks for your replies guys....

mohi,
19 months????
That is a long time....on USCIS website it says Dallas takes 11 months....
I hope it is not 19....:))
Oh, my time line is as follows,

RD/PD: Jan 2008
FP: March 2008
Interview June 2008
Approved ?????
Oath?????
Passport?????

I had my interview today(Sept 23rd) morning at 11:05 am in Dallas.Had to wait for more than hour before my name is called.My actual appointment is at 10:25 am.The officer is very friendly and asked me to show my green card and driver license.Then,she went through my N400 application to double check if anything has changed.She asked me to sign the photos and then asked me to read and write an English sentence.Then ,she tested me on the history questions.After answering first 6 questions she stopped asking further questions.Then she asked me if I am interested to take oath today, for which I said "YES".The oath is scheduled at 2:15 pm and got the naturalized certificate after the oath.
IL received : 16 Aug 2008
IL completed: 23 Sept 2008
Oath completed: 23th Sept 08

Congrats raj157.

Does some one here know what is the criteria used by USCIS to offer the same day OATH option?

Congrats raj157.

Does some one here know what is the criteria used by USCIS to offer the same day OATH option?

Not every DO offers same day oath but the criteria seems to be that a senior officer is available to approve your case at interview and that your interview is earlier in the day, preferably before the the afternoon.

Thx bobsmyth

Wonder if they don't offer it, can one politely request a same day oath? Any1 here who has done that.

Do they give any details etc at the infopass appointment?
Anypaper work I should take, besides the GC & the appointment letters?
My appointment is in just over a week.....

Any insights on the delay?

I have filed my N-400 on September 11th (didn't realize until sent!). Looks like the N-400 dates have regressed by 10 months.... Wanted to track people who have filed in the same timeframe. Is there any website (unofficial like the gctracker.com) where N-400 is being tracked?

Bobsmyth,
IO don't seem to know anything. We have become so depressed because there is absolutely no visibility...infopass, call centers...these are all front USCIS put up to stall us...I don't know why... everytime I call USCIS, it is a new story. Don't they know they are playing with your lives here? Why do they make up stories... I used to believe in the "Pending review my supervisor..." well don't believe that... I have read some threads on here from people who have been told this by IO and are still waiting over 2 years... I feel it is better not to call them... you just end up fooling yourself.