Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Received the interview appointment letter yesterday and here is the latest on my timeline

PD: 10/28/08
FP letter: 11/07/08 received
FP completed: 11/08/08 (walk-in)
Interview Letter received: 12/26/08
Interview Time: 02/20/09 at Irving TX

Where did you do your walk-in fingerprints? I tried at the Fort Worth ASC last week because I'm going to be away when my appointment is scheduled for (and quite a few times there after) and was told that walk-ins are not allowed at all. In the end I had to send the reschedule request with a covering letter detailing when I'll actually be available.

Thanks for sharing your timeline dliu004. It helps others to see when they can expect their IL based on your timeline.

Looks like people who completed their FP sometime in Nov 08 are beginning to get their IL. There was 1 other posting in the Q4 2008 N400 thread who had also received their IL from TSC and had completed FP on Nov 22, 2008. IL received date and interview date are the same as dliu004.

Other folks from Dallas DO please post your timelines here. I am sure there are many silent surfers out there. Thanks.

self apply to Dallas DO?

I have alays used an attorney all through my EB3 based GC process. I am thinking of applying for the N400 myself.

Do attorneys accompany clients to the Interview? and is there any real benefit to it?

I dont have any issues that could raise a red flag.

ncc
Registered User Join Date: May 2002

I have my interview tomorrow. I'll let you know if they do it for me.
1st infopass: File under extended review
2nd infopass: File dispatched (20th June)
3rd Infopass: File consolidated (23rd July)
4th Infopass: 10/09/2008. Talked to supervisor
IL Received: 10/22/2008
IL Date: 12/01/2008
Oath Date: Hope same as IL Date

Can someone tell me what the 1st,2nd...4th Infopass is all about. Is infopass a normal part of the process?

dms1

Read my earlier messages. I did a walk-in at Dallas ASC near Bachman Lake.

Where did you do your walk-in fingerprints? I tried at the Fort Worth ASC last week because I'm going to be away when my appointment is scheduled for (and quite a few times there after) and was told that walk-ins are not allowed at all. In the end I had to send the reschedule request with a covering letter detailing when I'll actually be available.

Unlike GC process, N400 is rather simple. Unless you need special assistance from an attorney to represent you, no need.

I have alays used an attorney all through my EB3 based GC process. I am thinking of applying for the N400 myself.

Do attorneys accompany clients to the Interview? and is there any real benefit to it?

I dont have any issues that could raise a red flag.

Thanks beace for the update. Good to see Dallas DO applicants beginning to receive their IL. Looks like all the November FP completions are being sent their IL. Hope this pace is maintained.

Any Dec 08 FP completions from Dallas DO? Thanks.

Hello beace,
Thanks for posting the IL info. Can you please mention if your FP was in Dallas or Fort Worth ASC? My FP was at FtW couple of days before yours. Still haven't gotten my IL.
thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Applied in Dallas
Received by USCIS 10/27/08
Received NOA 10/30/08
Received FP Notice 11/10/08
FP completed 11/22/08
Received Interview Notice ??
Interview Scheduled for ??

Hello beace,
Thanks for posting the IL info. Can you please mention if your FP was in Dallas or Fort Worth ASC? My FP was at FtW couple of days before yours. Still haven't gotten my IL.
thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Applied in Dallas
Received by USCIS 10/27/08
Received NOA 10/30/08
Received FP Notice 11/10/08
FP completed 11/22/08
Received Interview Notice ??
Interview Scheduled for ??
It was in Dallas, not Fort Worth. You should get it soon!

Folks with their FP completed at Fort Worth ASC,
If your FP was done during Nov '08, Can you please post your FP dates and any IL updates?

Thanks!

Received a yellow letter (case file review notice) today. It says that I need to bring state issued drivers license and certified copies of birth certificates for all my minor children born in the US while coming for the interview.

I guess this is standard procedure? Thanks.

11/15/08 : N-400 Mailed to TSC
11/18/08 : N-400 Recd. by TSC
11/25/08: Check Cashed
11/18/08 : Received Date
11/18/08 : Priority Date
11/25/08 : Notice Date
11/25/08 : I797C NOA Received: Transferred to NBC (365 Days)
12/01/2008: FP Notice
12/12/2008: FP Completed
??: Interview letter
??: Interview Date
??: Oath Letter
??: Oath Date

Received a yellow letter (case file review notice) today. It says that I need to bring state issued drivers license and certified copies of birth certificates for all my minor children born in the US while coming for the interview.

I guess this is standard procedure? Thanks.

Yes, it is. I received one shortly before receiving my interview letter. It isn't in the USCIS website, but it is Form N-659.

Hi,
I just received my interview letter today. Interview date is scheduled for Jan 30th of 2009 at Irving center. However, when I login to check my online status it still says that there are no updates in the case since July 10th which is completely wrong. So don't go by the online updates as it is not accurate any more.

I have the same for my wife, who is scheduled for interview on 29th Jan 2009.

This is very informative. Anyways I've been waiting for the oath letter close to a month now. Any chance that I'll have the oath within this month? It's judicial, name change involved. Any info is appreciated. I live in Denton County.

Congrats on completing your interview. Do you come under Dallas DO? Surprised your interview was so quick when other timelines along the same date as yours have their interviews in Feb 09.

Please give more information about how your interview went and questions asked. Did you ask them about judicial oath ceremony and how often it takes place?

If you read through this thread there is one instance when someone had to wait for 5 months between interview and oath as it was a judicial ceremony. Good luck.

This is very informative. Anyways I've been waiting for the oath letter close to a month now. Any chance that I'll have the oath within this month? It's judicial, name change involved. Any info is appreciated. I live in Denton County.

Oath in DFW

Guys,
I had my interview today and everything went well. However Int-Officer told me they are moving their office to new location in Irving from I-35 and there are no more same day Oaths for a while. I was told to expect Oath letter in few weeks and expect ceremony soon. Any thoughts? Is there anyone else in the same boat? Please share

Can you share a bit more details about your interview? Kind of questions they asked and how long did it take etc..? Also did you have any trips outside the US? If so was that brought about in the interview? Thanks in advance.

Guys,
I had my interview today and everything went well. However Int-Officer told me they are moving their office to new location in Irving from I-35 and there are no more same day Oaths for a while. I was told to expect Oath letter in few weeks and expect ceremony soon. Any thoughts? Is there anyone else in the same boat? Please share

Last edited by a moderator: