Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

I would appreciate if anyone with experience can answer my question below:

I have been a resident for 20 years. I have applied form the Dallas Area for Naturalization on August 27 2007. It took until late December before my check was cashed. Since then things were progressing well and I had my Interview in May 21st (2 months ago now).

I had 1 arrest for assault on my record that I was never charged for and I actually had the record of the arrest expunged. I should the officer all the records for the arrest, the county letter of not pursuing charges and the judge letter for expunging my record. Since the record of the arrest it did not even show in any name check.

At the end of the interview, the officer was satisfied and made the recommendation for naturalization. When I asked her how long will it take to receive the letter for the ceremony, she indicated 1 month.

I have not received anything yet. I see many people post here that they received their notice in under a month and that has me concerned. Does anyone know if the delay is because of local office being behind? Should I be concerned at this point?

I did an info pass and the way they handle it in Dallas is you stand at a window outside and talk to an office. All I was told on the info pass is they have until September to get back with me.

You are fine, I am a little surprised that they did not offer you same day Oath.
I guess that the official Oath events in Plano and Arlington are packed and they will get you in as soon as they can. So be a little patient.
By the way who was your interviewing officer.

Officer McElrath: She was very competent and helpful.

Another question,
Is there a status of approval vs recommended approval after an interview? If yes, are there steps to be taken to get final approval outside of scheduling the oath date?

Officer McElrath: She was very competent and helpful.

Another question,
Is there a status of approval vs recommended approval after an interview? If yes, are there steps to be taken to get final approval outside of scheduling the oath date?

WQ100
Once recommended for approval, you are done. Just the oath to get the paper.

Dallas Oath Ceremony Backlog

Does anyone have information on how long other people have been waiting for Oath letters in Dallas. I have been waiting for over 70 days now (since mid May). The officer recommended me for the citizenship and told me to wait for the letter. I need to take an overseas trip for 2 weeks, but I do not want to risk delaying the oath ceremony. Any information about what others are experiencing will be very helpful.

oath letter delayed for me too

My interview was held on June 17th and so far did not get my oath letter from Dallas office. My officer was Remirez. Any ideas on what is going on at Dallas ?

How can I contact officer? Could you help me here with the process.

My interview was held on June 17th and so far did not get my oath letter from Dallas office. My officer was Remirez. Any ideas on what is going on at Dallas ?

How can I contact officer? Could you help me here with the process.

The Dallas Field Office has the following N-400 Naturalization Ceremonies scheduled:

June 25th at the Dallas County Convention Center

June 26th at the Lubbock Federal Court

July 15th at the Arlington Convention Center

August 19th at the Plano Convention Centre

September 15th at the Ruthe Jackson Center in Grand Prairie

The Dallas Field Office has the following N-400 Naturalization Ceremonies scheduled:

June 25th at the Dallas County Convention Center

June 26th at the Lubbock Federal Court

July 15th at the Arlington Convention Center

August 19th at the Plano Convention Centre

September 15th at the Ruthe Jackson Center in Grand Prairie

who told you these dates?

Wife is going to take oath on 8/6 at Dallas Center (I35)...We both filed N400 in 06/2007, I was interviewed in 11/2007 and took oath the day after at Dallas Center. Wife stuck with name check for another 6 months, and was interviewed last Saturday and scheduled to take oath on the 6th. it's been 15/16 years in the US, our long journey is finally complete.

Wife is going to take oath on 8/6 at Dallas Center (I35)...We both filed N400 in 06/2007, I was interviewed in 11/2007 and took oath the day after at Dallas Center. Wife stuck with name check for another 6 months, and was interviewed last Saturday and scheduled to take oath on the 6th. it's been 15/16 years in the US, our long journey is finally complete.

Congrats Big D.

Your wife waited only 2 weeks after interview. I have been waiting for 75 days for the letter. Do they go by priority date on oath scheduling (your wife applied before I did)? or Does anyone know why some people wait long for their oath letter and others get it quickly? The entire process is confusing...

wq100, actually wife only wait 2 days, she got her oath letter at the interview, she was told that she was lucky to have the last appointment letter for that day, otherwise she has to wait...I really don't know how they handle this, as you can see my oath day is the very next day after interview and I got my oath appointment letter at the interview as well. I personally don't think there is any rule, and I know it is unfair, but what can you do. Good luck to you and hang in there, yours will come.

For those who got the same day oath, what time of the day was your interview? I heard if your interview is in the morning, you are more likely to be schedule on the same day. Of course other factors will be taken into account too. I will be interviewed around 12:30, do I stand a chance to have my oath on that day? Thanks!!

Name check after interview??

My interview was conducted on June 17th 2008. I was told that I passed my interview and was recommended for approval. No issues during interview.

So far not received my oath letter. Wondering if it is possible that my name may be sent to security check after interview? I am worried about the delay.

My interview was conducted on June 17th 2008. I was told that I passed my interview and was recommended for approval. No issues during interview.

So far not received my oath letter. Wondering if it is possible that my name may be sent to security check after interview? I am worried about the delay.

Stop worrying about the delay. If you're application was approved you should receive a decision within 120 days. Make an Infopass inquiry at the halfway mark if you still haven't heard anything.

Oath Letter Received

I just received the letter to appear for oath on Aug 19th at the Arlington center :). It took 79 days from my interview to receive it. On the day of the ceremony it will be just under a year since I submitted my application. Not bad considering the backlog delayed opening the application letter and cashing the check for 4 months.

Thanks to all of you for your advice and notes during this long wait.

bharu1000: if you are still waiting, do not worry it seems they had a long back log. Since your interview was almost 4 weeks after mine, you should not have any concerns. As I write this, I am hoping things expedite for you and you get your letter for the 19th and we will take the oath together.

wq100,

Congrats! I'm wondering why they didn't let you do the same day oath on your interview. Or at least print out your oath letter that time. My friend had his interview the other day and the officer actually gave him a few choices in terms of oath dates. Was your interview in the morning?

I just received the letter to appear for oath on Aug 19th at the Arlington center :). It took 79 days from my interview to receive it. On the day of the ceremony it will be just under a year since I submitted my application. Not bad considering the backlog delayed opening the application letter and cashing the check for 4 months.

Thanks to all of you for your advice and notes during this long wait.

bharu1000: if you are still waiting, do not worry it seems they had a long back log. Since your interview was almost 4 weeks after mine, you should not have any concerns. As I write this, I am hoping things expedite for you and you get your letter for the 19th and we will take the oath together.

wq100,

Congrats! I'm wondering why they didn't let you do the same day oath on your interview. Or at least print out your oath letter that time. My friend had his interview the other day and the officer actually gave him a few choices in terms of oath dates. Was your interview in the morning?

Thanks!

My interview was in the AM. The officer asked for additional paper work, because I had an arrest which did not show up on background check (I was never charged and the arrest itself was expunged). She gave me a pass letter for the security guards and I was allowed in to turn the papers to her at 2 PM. At that time, she finished reviewing the paper work and was satisfied that everything is in order and handed me the paper that said I passed and I am recommended. She thought my letter should be in the mail in less than a month.

I do not know why I was delayed so long. But I think if your officer does not schedule you on the same day, you end up in a queue that takes a long time. I am just glad the bureaucratic part of this is over :)

completed dallas interview

had my interview today morning at 9.50 am in dallas.
io went thru my app and was done in 10 minutes.
asked me if i had any speeding tickets in the past. I had 5 in the last 12 years
but i started out with 1 which was back in 2005. he noted down as a correction on the n400 and didnt
ask about the others. I dont know why.
Asked me if i had used other name . Even though i had used nicknames for my utilities,credit cards but no govt docs in the past, i said no
as others had mentioned on this forum.
i would advise others on this forum to fill n400 as simple as possible without providing too many details.
May be that's why my name check was cleared so soon.
asked me 8 questions from the test..
congratulated me on my approval and said that my oath is scheduled on the 13th Aug 08.
for my wife, the other IO asked for her SS card and birth ceritificate, dont know why, her oath is also scheduled the same day.
thanks all

Last edited by a moderator: