Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Although they got your file by the 1st interview schedule as you said...It took them 4 to 5 month to reschedule...that is way too long...

Yeah, I kinda thought it was a little long too. It beats getting stuck in name check for 2 years, but it still sucks. You are right, however, it seems to be completely in the hands of the DO once a descheduling happens.

It's taken the Dallas DO nearly 13 months to process my daughter's N-600 (it should take about 15 minutes to process an N-600, only the USCIS could figure out how to spend a year and $255 doing it). Hopefully that will be over this wek. I'm not a big USCIS fan.

Good luck.

Yeah, I kinda thought it was a little long too. It beats getting stuck in name check for 2 years, but it still sucks. You are right, however, it seems to be completely in the hands of the DO once a descheduling happens.

It's taken the Dallas DO nearly 13 months to process my daughter's N-600 (it should take about 15 minutes to process an N-600, only the USCIS could figure out how to spend a year and $255 doing it). Hopefully that will be over this wek. I'm not a big USCIS fan.

Good luck.

Did you got any response on your daughter's case? Let us know how did the interview went through and other process and it would be helpful for people like me.

July 16th Oath!

Anyone from this board going for oath on the 16th?
Xanadu, you had your interview 1 week before me, did you get your oath letter?
Cheers!

My wife's going for OATH on July 16th. I just have a few questions.

- Does she need to take any documentation with her (other than the GC and a Photo ID)?
- Do they take the GC away at OATH?
- Can the spouse (me) and the kids go in the ceremony or do we need to arrange for a baby sitter?

Thanks in advance

finalstep07 & Asif2000,
What time are you asked to report to the fort-worth conv center?
My reporting time is 12:30pm.
Just wondering if they have 2 ceremonies on the 16th.

Anyone familiar with the fort-worth conv center, please comment on the parking situation. Lot of parking available or need to park somewhere else?
Cheers!

finalstep07 & Asif2000,
What time are you asked to report to the fort-worth conv center?
My reporting time is 12:30pm.
Just wondering if they have 2 ceremonies on the 16th.

Anyone familiar with the fort-worth conv center, please comment on the parking situation. Lot of parking available or need to park somewhere else?
Cheers!

They must have 2 ceremonies. My wife's reporting time is 9:00 AM. What are you taking for documents?

Asif2000,
I will take my oath letter, GC and 2 passport pics (for just in case situations from others experiences on this board). Maybe taking my passport might make sense.

I guess they have 2 ceremonies on the 16th, my reporting time is 12:30pm.
Cheers!

Asif2000,
I will take my oath letter, GC and 2 passport pics (for just in case situations from others experiences on this board). Maybe taking my passport might make sense.

I guess they have 2 ceremonies on the 16th, my reporting time is 12:30pm.
Cheers!

Do you know if you apply for the U.S passport after the ceremony, which passport photos do they use? Do they use the ones you sent them with N-400 application or do they have you take another photo? My wife intends to apply for the passport after the ceremony and she has 2 extra passport size pics but she doesn't want to use those for the new U.S passport. Should she take another set of Pics?

Do you know if you apply for the U.S passport after the ceremony, which passport photos do they use? Do they use the ones you sent them with N-400 application or do they have you take another photo? My wife intends to apply for the passport after the ceremony and she has 2 extra passport size pics but she doesn't want to use those for the new U.S passport. Should she take another set of Pics?
Yes, you need to take 2 extra photos if you want to apply for the passport right after the ceremony. I would suggest, make a photo-copy of the certificate before you give it up immediately after the ceremony.
Cheers!

Yes, you need to take 2 extra photos if you want to apply for the passport right after the ceremony. I would suggest, make a photo-copy of the certificate before you give it up immediately after the ceremony.
Cheers!

So you are suggesting to not apply on the spot. Instead, take it home, make a copy of it and then apply for it. Is it easy to apply for it using the certificate at a passport office? I mean do they recognize it and are well familiar with it?

Also, do you intend to apply for expedited passport?

We went in for my wife's oath ceremony at Fort Worth Convention Center this morning. We arrived at 8:45 AM. The ceremony didn't start until almost 11:00 AM and people were still coming in. There were huge lines. The hall was relatively smaller than what I have heard from other people. They sworn in less than 800 people from 80 some countries and the place was over crowded with people standing in the back. We weren't out until 12:30. It was painfully exhausiting, especially with little kids. Glad its over though.

Hey, I have an American wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its finally over, I became a US citizen today.
Yes, there were 2 ceremonies today, I was in the 2nd one with 700-800 other folks. The waiting in the long lines is exhausting and taxing, but other than that, it was a plesant experience and lots of wonderful people from all around the world. One more thing, parking was a hassle!
Goodluck to everyone who is persuing n400, your time will come. Most of folks I sopke to there, had applied in may 2006.
Cheers!