Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Yes Flydog is right ..I'm stuck in name check black hole ...Back in June I called USCIS customer service line & soon after I received a letter telling me that my background check is still pending :)mad: :mad: :mad: )

Keep in mind your first biometry (fingerprints taken) is only valid for how long ? 12 month ? 15 month? The clock is ticking ...I would be real pissed if I receive a notice to have my fingerprints taken 2nd time through NO FAULT of my own !!

I just came back from a recent trip to Canada..it was very smooth ..at border points...show GC and pass...even though I had my orig. passport ready...not even required either US or Canadian side ! Ironically I kinda of appreciate the fact that GC is so much easier to carry compared to a passport ( GC fits right in your wallet, but not your passport)

My time line

PD 09/20/2006
FP 10/23/2006
name check pending
IL ??/??/?? ( requested FOIPA 06/25/06)
ID ??/??/??
OD ??/??/??

Now I have another thing to worry about!!
I had my finger prints taken last June 17, 2006
And so far till now I got descheduled on a june 8, 2007 interview cause my file did not make it to my DO yet
hopefully 2nd interview will be very soon...do not want to go thru the FP hassle again

Whoever got scheduled for 8/8 Oath ceremony, did you guys receive the oath on the spot at the interview or in the mail after the interview? Not many people reporting about receiving the oath letters in mail for 8/8 ceremony.

Got an infopass for this Friday to inquire about my oath dates.Lets see how it goes.

is anyone aware of other oath dates in August 2007? I am planning on going back home for 3 weeks and wanted to make sure I dont miss the oath dates!

Whoever got scheduled for 8/8 Oath ceremony, did you guys receive the oath on the spot at the interview or in the mail after the interview? Not many people reporting about receiving the oath letters in mail for 8/8 ceremony.

Got an infopass for this Friday to inquire about my oath dates.Lets see how it goes.

I got my 8/8 Oath letter on the spot during my interview. My spouse did not and is still waiting for oath letter... IO told my spouse on 6/29 that 8/8 oath is already filled up so IO could not give oath letter on the spot. IO said to wait for oath letter in mail for some future oath ceremony.... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Passport today!

I had applied for an expedited passport and I got it this morning, just took 4 days in total, nice! :D
Good luck to everyone, Cheers!

miss molina
did u apply @ the post office,and how much did it cost you to expedite?
and from previous posts do you think chances are that i still get oath letter for 08/08/07 oath,if i had my interview on 06/12/07

thnx

Expedited Passport: How to apply?

I had applied for an expedited passport and I got it this morning, just took 4 days in total, nice! :D

Congratulations..!

How did you apply for the Expedited Passport? Is this the deal where you pay some $100 more? Is the application by regular mail / post office?

Thanks

Expedited Passport: How to apply?

How did you apply for Expedited Passport? Is this the deal where you pay some $100 more and get it?

If you go into a post office and ask for expedited service, they will charge you more (and they'll try to sell you Express Mail as well, for more money) and the State Department will process your application faster. It is all explained on http://travel.state.gov

Congratulations..!

How did you apply for the Expedited Passport? Is this the deal where you pay some $100 more? Is the application by regular mail / post office?

Thanks
I used my company's preferred travel agent to do an expedited passport. I had to goto the postoffice and get the documents sealed and stamped, then I fedex-ed it to the agent I was using. The post office charged me $127 + $30 and the agent charged me $100 for the rush service.
Cheers!

Hi Srayanki, what date did you receive your oath letter?

I had my interview on 06/22 and still waiting for the oath letter. Today my wife had her interview at noon and they did the oath right away at 2:15 PM. Also they had another cermony at 1:00PM. There were bunch of people in both. I had my documents handy and saw my IO at the ceremony and enquired about mine. He took me to the office and explained they had started doing the same day ceremony starting 06/26th. I wish I had my interview a week later. Now on mine it is back to waiting, sigh. :eek:

I had my interview on 06/22 and still waiting for the oath letter. Today my wife had her interview at noon and they did the oath right away at 2:15 PM. Also they had another cermony at 1:00PM. There were bunch of people in both. I had my documents handy and saw my IO at the ceremony and enquired about mine. He took me to the office and explained they had started doing the same day ceremony starting 06/26th. I wish I had my interview a week later. Now on mine it is back to waiting, sigh. :eek:

If they do same date oath now, did you ask whn you are likely to have yours,did ur io tell you during interview how long you are likely to wait for your oath? do you think some of the people in those ceremony where from prior interview? since you say there was a bunch of people in both.

If they do same date oath now, did you ask whn you are likely to have yours,did ur io tell you during interview how long you are likely to wait for your oath? do you think some of the people in those ceremony where from prior interview? since you say there was a bunch of people in both.

The IO said he do not have authority to go back and change mine. He said August dates are full and I might have to wait until September. I spoke to several people in the ceremony and all of them had their interview the same day or the day before. One good thing is, this reduces the total process time drastically to 4 months.