Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Strange that you cannot got o Tarrant County (Fort Worth) while you may nd up havng to go to Collin County (Plano)...

Question about Selective service

Two days back I have received Interview letter:

In the letter they are asking

Any evidence of Selective Service Registration:

I came to US when I was 28 years old.
What should I do for the above requirement.

PD: 04/19/07
FP: 05/30/07
ID: 08/14/07

There's lots of postings that detail how to get a selective service letter. Get one. Bring it to the interview.

Or, you could try just ignoring it

Interview today

My spouse had naturalization interview today. The decision was positive, but full outcome was not what we hoped for. My spouse asked if August 8 oath date was still available since then we could've done it together on the same day. The officer said verbatim that the August 8 ceremony was full and they stopped scheduling people for it since two weeks ago :(
My spouse also changes name as myself so only judicial ceremonies are possible for us. My spouse was told to wait for oath letter in mail. Officer also said that sometimes they reconsider their decision to stop accepting people for a certain ceremony (I am not sure what would be a factor) and add more to it. So IO implied that there is some small chance that it might happen and in that case they will consider adding more people for August 8 ceremony. I do not know how true is that but that is what the IO said (or whether that was a cheap attempt to improve customer satisfaction).

Also while waiting to be called my spouse witnessed oath ceremony (administrative) performed right in that big waiting area room. My spouse heard that some people interviewed today actually got to be naturalized during that ceremony. I wonder if that (same day oath) was something new that Dallas DO started doing.

Right in the waiting room, between the chairs and "Door 1", the ominous "Deportation" door, the metal detector and the desk with the bored looking security guy reading the newspaper. Wow!

Two days back I have received Interview letter:

In the letter they are asking

Any evidence of Selective Service Registration:

I came to US when I was 28 years old.
What should I do for the above requirement.

PD: 04/19/07
FP: 05/30/07
ID: 08/14/07

If you have time apply for the SSA letter and if you do not receive it one time I will not worry about it. All those who I knew in Dallas was never asked for the SSA clearance. But if you have time applying for the waiver letter will not hurt and you can use it for other purposes also. Hope this is helpful

Same day oath?

Hi, everybody.
I've got my interview letter 2days back. My FD was 5/24/07, so ID has been scheduled on 8/13/07.
My question is that some one mentioned the oath ceremony will be done on the same day after the interview . Is it true?, if it is, when will be started?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, everybody.
I've got my interview letter 2days back. My FD was 5/24/07, so ID has been scheduled on 8/13/07.
My question is that some one mentioned the oath ceremony will be done on the same day after the interview . Is it true?, if it is, when will be started?

Someone (higher on this page) saw one happen. That's all we know so far.

N-400 Application receipt

Hello everyone

I mailed in my application on June 12th 2007 to the Mesquite service center. The check was cashed June 27th. But I still haven't received a receipt or anything from the USCIS.

Is this standard? Do I need to call them? Any info appreciated!!

Thanks a lot
Pravin

It should show up any day now. Whatever waiting you are going through is only practice for the wait for your interview letter. You might get the letter on Monday, you might get it in a week or two. If they cashed the check, then you are, in all likelihood, in the system.

Expect a couple of weeks to a month for your FP letter, then several months (to a couple of years) for your interview letter.

Get used to waiting - the long wait makes the Natz Cert seem so much better

Hi, everybody.

On my interview, I asked if I could take the oath on the same day, since it's written on the back of your interview letter that it's possible. Officer said the note on the back of the letter shouldn’t be there, and in same cases when there is an emergency, a federal judge, if available, only than could do it.

Thank you! I guess the same day oath is most likely impossible in Dallas office now. But someone mentioned earlier that now it is starting, if someone knows about this could you explain the detail. Thanks in advance.

Thank you! I guess the same day oath is most likely impossible in Dallas office now. But someone mentioned earlier that now it is starting, if someone knows about this could you explain the detail. Thanks in advance.

See previous page. Miss Molina who was there for INFOPASS mentions this. Also my spouse (waiting to be called fo natz interview) witnessed it on the same day as Miss Molina. That is all that we know about that. Was that something out of a blue moon or is this going to be a more regular practice - is going to be a speculation and is not known - except perhaps to immigration gods in Dallas DO.

Couple details my spouse mentioned: she heard that some people that were naturalized there had their interviews that same day in the morning. Also she noticed some people naturalized came 'more prepared' for the occasion (with 'family and friends') - that kind of hints that those people might have been scheduled for that ceremony earlier.

What might be helpful is for those having upcoming interviews or INFOPASSes to try to ask IOs more about it - if possible.

Case status did not disapear

I have received IL, but case status did not disapear.
What dos ethat mean?
I read in some posts their case status disapeared once IL sent

It means you got your IL and the USCIS is inconsistent. Ignore the web site, it is the letter that is important!

Congratulations!!