Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Waiting for Oath Cermony

I Finished my interview successfully on July 27th 2006, the interviewing officer told me that I will get a letter informing about my oath cermony in 2 weeks and he mentioned that the oath cermony will most likely be in September.
He also mentioned that I will have to attend a "Judicial Cermony" because I was changing my last name to my Husband's last name. But unlike many others here, I was not given any date or info about the oath cermony after the time of the interview and I have not recieved any letter yet.
1. Does one always get some information about the Oath Cermony after the interview?
2. Does any one have any information about upcoming Judicial cermonies in the Dallas/ Plano area? Where do they happen? Their frequency?

Thanks and looking forward to getting some help from the folks here !

I think, but I'm not sure, that judicial ceremonies are by county. So, depending on where you live, it would be in Collin or Dallas county.

My time line

I had the interview today in Dallas and the Oath is at Garland

PD: June 12th 2006
FP: July 12th 2006
Interview letter received: July 22nd 2006
Interview date: September 8th 2006
Oath date: September 20th 2006

SVR

Last edited by a moderator:
Please keep it alive

Hi Guys/ Gals

Please update your timelines and other information so that everybody can benifit.

SVR

SVR_999 said:
I had the interview today in Dallas and the Oath is at Garland

PD: June 12th 2006
FP: July 12th 2006
Interview letter received: July 22nd 2006
Interview date: September 8th 2006
Oath date: September 20th 2006

SVR
SVR,
congratulations, your timeline give me hope. Wow, 4 months and you are completely done!
Is your timeline the norm/average processing time these days or yours was just a special case?
Also, can you please tell us your FP_letter_date and FP_done_date?

-Z

My time line

My FP letter date was 20th june and FP done date was july 12th.

My Case is little faster. but my wife is still waiting fot the interview date. We both applied on the same day.

SVR

zgadiwan said:
SVR,
congratulations, your timeline give me hope. Wow, 4 months and you are completely done!
Is your timeline the norm/average processing time these days or yours was just a special case?
Also, can you please tell us your FP_letter_date and FP_done_date?

-Z

Thanks for the quick reply SVR.
Did the VO give you your oath letter on your interview day?
Also, is there an option to take the oath in the Dallas Office on the same day as the interview?
I remember seeing people getting their oaths in the Dallas office.

-Z

My time line

Yes the Officer gave the letter there itself with the date. The Same day oath is now stopped for last 2-3 months.

The next Oath is on Sep 18th at Dallas Conv. Center and that got filled up . The next one to that is Sep 20th @ Garland.
SVR

zgadiwan said:
Thanks for the quick reply SVR.
Did the VO give you your oath letter on your interview day?
Also, is there an option to take the oath in the Dallas Office on the same day as the interview?
I remember seeing people getting their oaths in the Dallas office.

-Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Four months! Wow! [Expletive]! Grrrr! Congrats!

My PD will have it's first birthday next Tuesday (Sept 19th). I'm told there is nothing wrong with the application, that the only reason it was delayed is that the USCIS misplaced my paperwork last April. Maybe I should re-apply!

(Mesquite Service Center + Dallas DO)

Priority Date: September 19, 2005
Biometrics Letter: September 29, 2005
Biometrics Appointment: November 5, 2005
Interview Letter: March 23, 2006
Interview Scheduled: May 5, 2006
Descheduling Letter: April 24, 2006

1st InfoPass Appointment: May 16, 2006
2nd InfoPass Appointment: June 30, 2006
3rd InfoPass Appointment: July 28, 2006
4th InfoPass Appointment (scheduled): Sept. 15, 2006

My Wife’s Interview: May 5, 2006
My Wife’s Oath: June 1, 2006

My wife's priority date and FP are same as mine. But we are still waiting for her interview date.

SVR

Flydog said:
Four months! Wow! [Expletive]! Grrrr! Congrats!

My PD will have it's first birthday next Tuesday (Sept 19th). I'm told there is nothing wrong with the application, that the only reason it was delayed is that the USCIS misplaced my paperwork last April. Maybe I should re-apply!

(Mesquite Service Center + Dallas DO)

Priority Date: September 19, 2005
Biometrics Letter: September 29, 2005
Biometrics Appointment: November 5, 2005
Interview Letter: March 23, 2006
Interview Scheduled: May 5, 2006
Descheduling Letter: April 24, 2006

1st InfoPass Appointment: May 16, 2006
2nd InfoPass Appointment: June 30, 2006
3rd InfoPass Appointment: July 28, 2006
4th InfoPass Appointment (scheduled): Sept. 15, 2006

My Wife’s Interview: May 5, 2006
My Wife’s Oath: June 1, 2006

Finally Oath Ceremony Letter!

My timeline in Dallas:

12/30/05 Filed N-400
2/14/06 Fingerprints taken
6/9/06 Interview
9/20/06 Oath Ceremony in Garland

I had been waiting on my oath ceremony letter since June, and finally I got it on 9/2, but not by mail! I heard a knock on my door and some stranger was standing there with a piece of paper on his hand. I opened the door and he said that he believed that the letter in his hand belonged to me. It was my Oath Ceremony Invitation Letter!! He said that it was behind his letter in the same envelope addressed to him! So, if he wouldn't have been kind enough to come deliver the letter to me, I would have never received my invitation! I couldn't believe it!

Is there a way to check your case status ON-LINE? Does it say your interview date and Oath Date? This way if mail det lost (which happens a lot) we are safe.
BR,
axp101

Dallasgirl06 said:
My timeline in Dallas:

12/30/05 Filed N-400
6/9/06 Interview

I had been waiting on my oath ceremony letter since June, and finally I got it on 9/2, but not by mail! I heard a knock on my door and some stranger was standing there with a piece of paper on his hand. I opened the door and he said that he believed that the letter in his hand belonged to me. It was my Oath Ceremony Invitation Letter!! He said that it was behind his letter in the same envelope addressed to him! So, if he wouldn't have been kind enough to come deliver the letter to me, I would have never received my invitation! I couldn't believe it!

The on-line status site is just one step above useless.

(unless something has changed recently)
You case shows up from slightly after the time they receive your application and get it into the system until about the time they send you your interview notice -- then it disappears. If you see your name on that site, you are somewhere in that range of the process. Of course, you can figure that out since they send you (or, it seems, possibly someone else) a notice when you get into the system and when your interview is scheduled.

Oh well.

How to see the online Status?

we are still waiting for my wife's interview letter. If anybody can share the web site address to see the online status of the application, that will be great.

regards,
SVR

Thanks for the link

The online does not give any updates. It shows when the application eas received . Thats all. But my wife had finger printing already done. It does not have updated even that.

I do not know what is the REAL use of the online status checking.

Regards,
Suresh

The on-line case status shows two things. If you transition from not-existing to existing, that means you are in the system.

Some time later, your case will just disappear. That means that your file has been turned over to the district office and you should be hearing from them soon after.

As far as I can tell, that's its only use.

Do somebody know this location?

Is the Oath Ceremony in Garland is in the garland ISD building and there is a arena there. Is that the building?

SVR

Dallasgirl06 said:
My timeline in Dallas:

12/30/05 Filed N-400
6/9/06 Interview

For what it's worth...

I had an InfoPass appt on Friday. The Immigration Officer said the Oath ceremony coming up next week will include "thousands". Have fun -- it should take forever to get going.

And, I found out that Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson's office's intervention in my case caused them to issue an interview letter. I was told I will be interviewed on Oct 23rd (2006, my priority date is Sept 19th 2005). I was one of the many folks who were "descheduled" during the first week of May (2006).

Once I get the letter, I'll post a full time-line (till now).