Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

I and my wife became US Citizens today

I and my wife reached the Arlington Convention Center at 8.15 AM (as mentioned in the Oath letter) this morning and we saw a long queue waiting to get in. We presented our green cards and the oath letter and finally got into the conference room by 9.45 AM and the ceremony started at 10 AM. It was all over at 10.45 AM and it was a very nice ceremony. I want to thank every one in this forum who has provided guidance and support through this process. Overall, my citizenship process was wrapped up in five months and three weeks. Good luck to all.

Dallas N400 Guy

dallasn400guy,
Congratulations. Just curious, what part of the world are you from and is your name a common name ? I am stuck in name check and just trying to get a feel of what causes these delays. thanks

lotechguy said:
dallasn400guy,
Congratulations. Just curious, what part of the world are you from and is your name a common name ? I am stuck in name check and just trying to get a feel of what causes these delays. thanks
it doesnt matter if ur name is common or not...i know a lot of indian guys stuck in name check...at the same time i have a friend whu is from pakistan....yet he got through in like 5 months...

it takes another guy who has ur name to screw up somewhere...so it doesnt matter how common ur name is....

Interview coming up on July 17th

Does any one have any info about upcoming Oath ceremonies in the Dallas area? My interview is scheduled for July 17th.

Regards,
LLDoss

N-400 Receipt Date : 03/08/2006
Fingerprint notice : 03/31/2006
Fingerprint Date : 04/18/2006
Interview Date : 07/17/2006

Oath Ceremonies

LLDoss said:
Does any one have any info about upcoming Oath ceremonies in the Dallas area? My interview is scheduled for July 17th.

Regards,
LLDoss

N-400 Receipt Date : 03/08/2006
Fingerprint notice : 03/31/2006
Fingerprint Date : 04/18/2006
Interview Date : 07/17/2006

I Just Have Interviewd Today Everything Went Well , Officer Was Really Nice and Just ask Standard Question from the list of 100 Questions. She has only ask for my driver license and Green Card, No other Documents were asked from me, First she went over my application and ask the standard question regarding if anything changed since application.
Since I Live in Tarrant County there is no oath Ceremonies in for August and Septemeber then Requested her to Schedule me for any other ceremony in area. She Looked and Found they have one in Dallas Convention Center on Septemeber 18th 8.15AM and Other One 12.30AM. I Hope this info helps

PD 1/17/2006
FP/2/17/2006
ID 7/12/2006
Oath 9/18/2006 Dallas Convention Center.

Thanks

time line...

I have applied
N-400 application 6/12/2006
priority Date 6/12/2006
FP 7/12/2006

When Can I expect the interview date in Dallas area?

SVR

Last edited by a moderator:
Embarrasing..!!

I sent my application 6/21 with signature required (mistake #1)
delivered 6/26
No photos included (mistake # 2)
Checks not cashed,
Expecting the application back in a 1-2 weeks or so to start over..

:eek:

Based on my experiences about 4-6 months after the Priority date. You have some time......
SVR_999 said:
I have applied
N-400 application 6/12/2006
priority Date 6/12/2006
FP 7/12/2006

When Can I expect the interview date in Dallas area?

SVR

Oath Ceremonies

I have a Question regarding oath ceremony..I have oath ceremony scheduled for Sept 18th , I was wondering If I can Resecheduled Oath Cermony on August 9th in Plano which is Judical one. I wanted to attend as early as possible so i can sponsor my wife, At the time of interview Immmigartion officer told me only date available was Sept 18th.

IF anyone of u guys will know then pls let me know ur feedback i will call USCIS or Visit using Infopass to see if they can rescheduled one for me early.

thanks

JSharma
PD 1/17/2006
ID 7/12/2006
Oath Sept 18th Dallas Convention Center

Got the interview date today

I got the letter stating my interview date by mail.

PD: June 12th 2006
FP: July 12th 2006
Interview letter received: July 22nd 2006
Interview date: Setember 8th 2006

-SVR

Wife got her interview date too

PD : May 8, 2006
FP : June 13, 2006
Interview letter rcvd : July 22, 2006
Interview Date : Sep 28, 2006

SVR_999 said:
I got the letter stating my interview date by mail.

PD: June 12th 2006
FP: July 12th 2006
Interview letter received: July 22nd 2006
Interview date: Setember 8th 2006

-SVR

Still no oath ceremony date!

I had my interview 6/9/06 and I passed it. The officer's computer system was down, so she couldn't schedule my ceremony. She told me I would get a invitation letter in mail. Almost 2 months later... I'm still waiting on that letter. Ugh!

I'm just curious now, how long have you needed to wait for the letter after your interview?

DallasGirl06

Dallasgirl Oath Ceremonies

Dallasgirl06 said:
I had my interview 6/9/06 and I passed it. The officer's computer system was down, so she couldn't schedule my ceremony. She told me I would get a invitation letter in mail. Almost 2 months later... I'm still waiting on that letter. Ugh!

I'm just curious now, how long have you needed to wait for the letter after your interview?

DallasGirl06

you should take infopass appointment for your ceremony, There is oath ceremony schedule for Sept 18th in Dallas Convention Center one is at 8.15am and other one is at 12:30 PM .....there is no ceremony schedule for tarrant resident but you can ask them to book into Dallas Ceremony. You should have got the July 11th Ceremony if you would have taken infopass...for Sept Ceremony you should receive a letter sometime in August.

PD 1/17
FP 2/17
ID 7/12
oath 9/18

have a nice day jsharma