Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

amalsajdak said:
Since I had my fingerprints rejected twice by the FBI, I had to provide a police background check. I had already sent them a copy, but I took one with me just in case they didn’t receive the one I sent in the mail. I also had to fill out some form that says that I haven’t committed any crime, etc…The officer wanted to see my social security card, but I did not have it with me. She said it was ok.

The only complaint I have is that the waiting area was too crowded, and you can hardly hear the people calling out your name. Other than that, everything went well, and I’m scheduled to attend an oath ceremony on Sept 8th in Plano.
:)

Hi amalsajdak,

Congratulations on completing your interview! And thanks for sharing your experience.

I have a question regarding FP. My wife has had to submit her fingerprints twice. I found out by calling the FBI yesterday that her second set of prints were ok. How long after you re-submitted your FP/police background check did you get the interview notice?

Thanks in advance!

Interview notice received 06/29 for PD 03/14

Hi All,

I received the notice for an interview date of 08/30/05 on 06/29/05. I was able to add my case to my online portfolio at the USCIS website for the very first time on 06/28/05. And, sure enough, as has been mentioned on various threads on this topic, I got the interview notice in the mail the very next day. The timeline so far:

PD: 03/14/05
FD: 05/05/05
Date case number could be added to online portfolio: 06/28/05
Received interview notice: 06/29/05
Interview date: 08/30/05

My wife, who has a receipt number only 2 digits away, has not received the interview notice yet (and we are not able to add her case to the USCIS online portfolio yet either). In her case, she has had to re-submit fingerprints for a second time, the second time on 06/22/05. So, it does appear that there is at least some correlation between successfully submitting fingerprints and receiving the interview notice. On the plus side, when I called the FBI the other day I was told that the fingerprints submitted the second time were ok. Hoping that her interview notice is on its way soon!!

Regarding time b/w FP/Police Report and interview notice

How long after you re-submitted your FP/police background check did you get the interview notice?

It took about a month and a half between the time I submitted my police background check (Early April) and the time I got my interview notice (mid May). Good luck to you and your wife with the process.

longjourney said:
Thank you every one for providing valuable information on this forum.

Here is my time line in Dallas, Texas.

RD - 07/04
FP - 08/04
Interview - 12/04

Does any one know what are the oath ceremony dates in Dallas area?

According to the USCIS web site they hold the oath ceremony every 3 months. They do not have dates listed and they are not available from the national service center as well.

Is it possible to get the Oath done earlier by going to a federal judge after the interview?
by fedeal law, you can ask your district judge to decide your application case 120 days after initial interview. Read following link
http://www.ailf.org/lac/lac_pa_052604.asp

Anybody got interview for April 2005 PDs

I would like to see if anybody has gotten interview letters for March end/April 1st week 2005 Priority dates in Dallas DO. This thread has been silent for a while. Thanks in anticipation.

Oath Letter????

Hi guys,

has anybody received oath letters in tarrant county lately? The interview date was in march 2005 but still waiting for the oath letter.

Thanks

Do you know if the name check is complete. I feel it is beyond the normal waiting period if you had your interview in Dallas DO in Mar. By the way, what documents were you asked and how was the interview in general?

jay_m said:
I would like to see if anybody has gotten interview letters for March end/April 1st week 2005 Priority dates in Dallas DO. This thread has been silent for a while. Thanks in anticipation.

Hi,

I have a PD of 03/14/05 and I received the interview letter on 06/30. Interview is scheduled for 08/30. Hope that helps.

jay_m said:
Do you know if the name check is complete. I feel it is beyond the normal waiting period if you had your interview in Dallas DO in Mar. By the way, what documents were you asked and how was the interview in general?

I have got the Congratulation/Approval note in the Dallas INS back in March 2005, and the interview officer told me to expect receiving oath letter in the mail within two to four weeks. However until today, I haven't received anything... I am in Tarrant County.

The interview was good. I was asked to bring Passport, SS card, and green card.

Johnnkammala,

Pls. post your receipt of the interview letter when you get it. Also when did you have your FP done and which county do you live in?

Thanks.

ckw said:
I have got the Congratulation/Approval note in the Dallas INS back in March 2005, and the interview officer told me to expect receiving oath letter in the mail within two to four weeks. However until today, I haven't received anything... I am in Tarrant County.

The interview was good. I was asked to bring Passport, SS card, and green card.

Something seems wrong here ... I had my interview in March 2005, went to oath in Fort Worth on April 22nd, I also live in Tarrant County. You should probably schedule and infopass appointment and find out what is going on, hopefully they have not forgotten about you.

July dates are just out and Dallas has not moved a day!! I am wondering why Dallas/Houston etc. are stuck in Dec. since last 2-3 months.

Anybody with April PD from Dallas DO who has got an interview call? The last one in this board to get is HVN400 with 03/13 PD. My PD is 04/01. FP 05/21.

Very worried P/D 01/14, have not heard anything yet

My time line in Mesquite is as follows:

PD 01/14/05
Received Acknowledgement 01/21/05

I have not heard anything since then, no fingerprints, no interview ,nothing. I use the case status number (from the acknowledgement letter) and look up the site, there is no information with my case number. I try the 1-800 number and they say the same thing. I went to the INS office on Stemmons Fwy and they said that the file was still at Mesquite and they dont know anything about it. Can anyone tell me what I should do? I am totally confused and terribly worried. Please advise. Thank you.

hardlyworker - just kidding :) !,

I think you have a problem here. I know of people who have your priority date and have been become US citizens three months ago at the Dallas DO! You probably need to get some political (congressman/senator) help even before the interview to get your case off the ground. Typically I have seen people using their help after interview and 120 days. But in your case it is different.

Also, are you sure that the application has reached them? Has your checks been cashed? You may need to draft a letter and fax all this information to the local congressman's office.

Hope this helps.