Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Fingerprint retake at Fort Worth ASC

Hi Folks,

I am a newly registered member of the ImmigrationPortal Forums. First off, I wish to thank all the members of the this forum for sharing their experiences with various immigration related issues.

Please forgive me if I am bringing up an issue that has been addressed before.

My wife and I filed our N-400 applications in March. We live in Denton County in North Texas, and filed our applications with the TSC in Mesquite, Texas. Our timeline, so far, is as follows:

PD: 03/14/05
FD: 05/05/05

We went a few minutes ahead of our appointment on 05/05/05 to the Fort Worth ASC to submit our fingerprints. There were no lines and the whole process was very smooth and barely took half an hour. The fingerprints went through the Quality Control check, and we were told that they were good to go.

However, last week, on 05/25/05, my wife got a letter from USCIS asking her to go back to the Fort Worth ASC to re-submit her fingerprints on 06/22/05. Since we had some free time last week, we decided to take a chance and went to the ASC to see if my wife could get her fingerprints retaken between regularly scheduled appointments. Much to our disappointment, the receptionist at the ASC flatly told us that they were not entertaining any such requests; he told us to just come back on 06/22/05.

Now, my concern is, will this delay unduly affect the timeline on our applications or do the various processes i.e., FP, Name Check and interview etc., happen in parallel? Can someone please comment.

Thanks in advance!

As far as I know, this will not affect your name check or anything, your name check is submitted when you put your application in, and your fingerprints are normally cleared within 24 hours if they do not come up with any hits. As for your interview date, this will also not be affected, as it goes into the system when you submit your app. Good luck with everything, Dallas DO seems to be moving pretty quickly nowadays, took me 3.5 months from start to finish.

Good Luck with the Interview

KV2005 said:
Does any one know whether there is going to be a oath ceremony on July 4th? I have an interview scheduled for 6/23 and am wondering if I they can let me attend the ceremony on 7/4.

Can you please share your interview experience. According to the official USCIS website, they have an oath ceremony once in 90 days. Last one was on June 2 at Dallas Convention Center.

CitizenInWaitin said:
Can you please share your interview experience. According to the official USCIS website, they have an oath ceremony once in 90 days. Last one was on June 2 at Dallas Convention Center.

would you mind to tell me the URL for seeing the oath ceremony schedule for different DOs?

Url

ocworker said:
would you mind to tell me the URL for seeing the oath ceremony schedule for different DOs?

Sure. The URL is http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/dallas/aboutus.htm

I was refering to this paragraph:

Citizenship Ceremonies:
The Dallas District has been given the authority by the courts to hold Administrative Ceremonies. This office conducts ceremonies every 90 days within our jurisdiction. If the applicant is disabled, we will hold an Administrative Ceremony in the applicant's home. We conduct Judicial Ceremonies in Amarillo, Dallas, Fort Worth, Lubbock, Sherman, Tyler, and Wichita Falls.

CitizenInWaitin said:
Yes, I will share my interview experience. Had no luck so far on finding when the next Naturalization ceremony is in Dallas county.

Timeline Dallas

Just to share my dates
06/10 mailed n-400
06/13 received n-400
06/17 check cashed

KV2005 said:
Yes, I will share my interview experience. Had no luck so far on finding when the next Naturalization ceremony is in Dallas county.
I had my interview earlier today. It was a very pleasant experience. I was called in exactly at my scheduled time. The officer was very friendly. The whole process took about 15-20 mts. She has also scheduled for the Naturalization ceremony on July 28th in Latino Center. Apparently this is a small one (100 people). She has also mentioned that there is one more ceremony on August 23rd. I asked about the possibility of a big ceremony on July 4th, but she said that she is not aware of any such plans for that day.

Here is my timeline
Priority Date: 2/1/05
Finger Printing: 03/16/05
Receipt of Interview Notice: 5/24/05
Interview: 6/23/05
Naturalization Ceremony: 7/28/05

Congratulations, KV2005!

KV2005 said:
I had my interview earlier today. It was a very pleasant experience. I was called in exactly at my scheduled time. The officer was very friendly. The whole process took about 15-20 mts. She has also scheduled for the Naturalization ceremony on July 28th in Latino Center. Apparently this is a small one (100 people). She has also mentioned that there is one more ceremony on August 23rd. I asked about the possibility of a big ceremony on July 4th, but she said that she is not aware of any such plans for that day.

Here is my timeline
Priority Date: 2/1/05
Finger Printing: 03/16/05
Receipt of Interview Notice: 5/24/05
Interview: 6/23/05
Naturalization Ceremony: 7/28/05

Congratulations, again! Approximately 6 months from start to finish is great.

KV2005 said:
I had my interview earlier today. It was a very pleasant experience. I was called in exactly at my scheduled time. The officer was very friendly. The whole process took about 15-20 mts. She has also scheduled for the Naturalization ceremony on July 28th in Latino Center. Apparently this is a small one (100 people). She has also mentioned that there is one more ceremony on August 23rd.

Congratulations! What kind of questions were asked? Did the officer want to see any additional documents?

CitizenInWaitin said:
Congratulations! What kind of questions were asked? Did the officer want to see any additional documents?
She went over my N-400 application form and asked most of the same yes/no questions in part 10 (Moral Character etc.) and some basic questions such as date of birth, age, current residence etc. When I mentioned my one speeding ticket I had more than 10 years ago, all she cared was whether that has been cleared. She pulled a half dozen or so questions at random for the history test. They were all easy. Only things she wanted to see were GC, driving license and all the passports I ever used.

Thanks KV2005. My interview is on July 12. If I am doubly lucky, I might be able to join you at the Oath ceremony on July 28. I will post my interview experience on July 12. Have fun at the Oath ceremony, I have heard it is a nice ceremony. :cool:

Online status

Well, my case got posted online. It says it will talk 750-999 days for this kind of case. That sounds too much doesn't it. Dallas is processing N-400's for December right now. Are you getting similar messages?

Last edited by a moderator:
testrun said:
Well, my case got posted online. It says it will talk 750-999 days for this kind of case. That sounds too much doesn't it. Dallas is processing N-400's for December right now. Are you getting similar messages?

Testrun, this is a generic message that is posted ... pay no attention to it at all. Not sure of what dates Dallas is processing cases from either, I applied in January and got naturalized in April, so the December date is probably a little off.

Good luck with your app, and hope you experience a speedy process.

Interview dates for Dallas for Mid-march Priority Dates

Has anybody dealing with the Dallas DO received an interview notice for a PD of 03/14/05 or later? Thanks for you replies in advance.

HVN400 said:
Has anybody dealing with the Dallas DO received an interview notice for a PD of 03/14/05 or later? Thanks for you replies in advance.
I have no data points for PD of 3/14 or later. However, I know of one with a PD of 3/11 and has the interview this week.

Interview on June 28th

My interview is scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday June 28th in Dallas. I sent my application in January, and had to do my fingerprinting twice. In both cases the fingerprints got rejected. I ended up sending them a police background check instead. Anyway, I'll let everyone know how everything goes at the interview tomorrow. :)

amalsajdak said:
My interview is scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday June 28th in Dallas. I sent my application in January, and had to do my fingerprinting twice. In both cases the fingerprints got rejected. I ended up sending them a police background check instead. Anyway, I'll let everyone know how everything goes at the interview tomorrow. :)
Good luck to you on your interview :) I hope everything goes well for you.
Don't forget to ask about the namecheck/background check and find out if it is done or not.
Best wishes!

KV2005 said:
I have no data points for PD of 3/14 or later. However, I know of one with a PD of 3/11 and has the interview this week.

Thank you for your response. I am just a little concerned that we have not received our interview notices yet. My wife has had to submit her fingerprints twice, but "buster" replied to an earlier query of mine that having to submit fingerprints twice does not necessarily add to the timeline between PD and interview date. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Done with the interview

I just had my interview today. My schedule was at 9:15 in the morning. I got there around 8:50 and was called for the interview at around 9:30, so the wait wasn't too bad. The INS officer that interviewed me was very courteous, she just went through my file page by page, asked me a couple of questions about the application, then gave me the English and American History test. The English test was very easy, and the American History questions were all taken out of the 100 question list that they have on the INS web page.

I had a little problem with the pictures that I originally sent with my application. Apparently, if you wear glasses, you’re supposed to have them off in the picture. I did not know that, but luckily, I had stopped by the photo place right across from INS and took some additional pictures (with the glasses off) right before my interview.

Since I had my fingerprints rejected twice by the FBI, I had to provide a police background check. I had already sent them a copy, but I took one with me just in case they didn’t receive the one I sent in the mail. I also had to fill out some form that says that I haven’t committed any crime, etc…The officer wanted to see my social security card, but I did not have it with me. She said it was ok.

The only complaint I have is that the waiting area was too crowded, and you can hardly hear the people calling out your name. Other than that, everything went well, and I’m scheduled to attend an oath ceremony on Sept 8th in Plano.
:)