Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

There is a link provided somewhere in this thread for it. I think it is held once every month depending on the county where you live.

Can you pls. post your timeline.

Thanks.

I hope I find the link in the thread if I am lucky.
You can see my timeline in this thread. I hate mentioned it again.

PD : 8/23/05
FD : 10/5/04
Interview: 1/25/05

I have passed interview in Jan. but got stucked in the name checking. I make infopass appointment to check the status about once every 2 months; I have Congressman check it for me; I have sent a few emails to FBI for name check status; I have done everything I could.

In my last infopass appointment a few days ago, the officer told me my name checking is verified by FBI in June, my file is returned in July to the officer who interviewed me for final review. I hope that means I will receive the approval soon.

Congratulations on your well deserved Oath letter. I am glad that your name check did not take as long as it has taken for some of the folks.

Other Dallas folks, pls. post your timelines. Anybody with April PD got their Interview letters?

Paging all Dallas DO N400 Applicants

No updates from applicants with PO filed after March 15 05. JohnnKamala, nvenkat, pls. update your case timelines. Have you received the interview letters yet?

This thread is quite for a long time. :eek:

:) :) Things are finally over now. I had my interview today Friday 8-12 and at the end of the interview I was handed over my Oath letter for Sep 8 :D :D :D :D . It took about 5 months :eek: from start to end. Following are the bullets points on my interview:

1) Requested to see my GC
2) Went over my application
3) Civic test from 100 question posted on UCICS web-site
4) Asked to write a sentence
5) Received my Oath letter
6) In all the whole process took 45 minutes.

Following are the dates.

N400-sent: 4-7-05
PD:4-8-05
FP:5-10-05
ID:8-12-05
OD:9-8-05

N400Completed,

Thanks for sharing your timeline and interview experience. It sure helps people in this forum. It is good to note that Dallas DO is processing April PDs. I have some questions:

1. When did you receive the Interview notice letter?
2. Did you keep track of your case on USCIS site online? Did it change before or after the receipt of the interview letter?
3. What specific questions were asked on your application, if any?
4. Were you asked for tax transcripts, Selective Services letter, any other other than than the GC you have indicated?
5. How long has it been since your arrival in US? Were you asked the paper work from all your previous statuses?

Thanks in advance.

jay_m said:
N400Completed,

Thanks for sharing your timeline and interview experience. It sure helps people in this forum. It is good to note that Dallas DO is processing April PDs. I have some questions:

1. When did you receive the Interview notice letter?
2. Did you keep track of your case on USCIS site online? Did it change before or after the receipt of the interview letter?
3. What specific questions were asked on your application, if any?
4. Were you asked for tax transcripts, Selective Services letter, any other other than than the GC you have indicated?
5. How long has it been since your arrival in US? Were you asked the paper work from all your previous statuses?

Thanks in advance.

Answer to your question are as follows:
1) Interview notice letter received June-27
2) No i didn't even bother checking online status
3.a) Do you spell your name any other way?
3.b) Are the travel dates accurate on your application? (traveled 16 time in last 5 years)
3.c) Were you a member of any organization?
3.d) Will you bear arm if asked by the USA goverment?
4) Only asked for my GC.
5) I have been in USA for 14 years. They didn't ask for my previous status paper. Even though I had everything with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
John, did you mean you got an interview date or FP date in Sept. I thought your PD was in Apr. 2005. You should have already completed FP long back!

Thanks.

It's a fingerprint date. I sent fingerprints with the original ap but that's been more than 90 days so they want prints again. I am in Germany with the military and should be able to do them here but there is no good arguing with them so I will go give them prints again. Any arguing just rocks the boat and slows the process.

Status disappeared

Well, my online status just disappeared (records cannot be found). My pd was on 6-14-05 my fingerprinting date was 8-05-05. My status disappeared today. Hope I will get my interview letter soon.

Interview experience at Dallas DO

Hello All,

I had my interview at the Dallas DO on 08/30/05. All in all it was a fairly nice experience. The adjudicating officer was courteous. In fact the officer was so nice, I was even able to get the status of my wife's application at the end of my interview.

However, there was a little bit of excitement before the interview itself. As I tried to get into the building 25 minutes before the interview time, the security guard looked at my interview letter and told me that I was at the wrong USCIS office. Luckily, it turned out that the office I needed to go was less than 10 minutes away. I was entirely at fault for this snafu. The interview letter pointed to the right location; it was just that I remembered this other INS office from my green card processing days. It never occurred to me that there might be another office. For those of you that are dealing with the Dallas DO, it is the USCIS office on the north bound service road after the Inwood exit on Stemmons Freeway in Dallas.

Once I reached the correct USCIS office, I handed my letter to the security guard. He took it, stamped it (forgot to check to see what he stamped) and told me to go into the lobby and drop into the slot on the door marked "2". I could see that there was another door marked "3". In that same lobby there was a receptionist-like counter behind a glass wall (the sort of thing you would see at bank or something) marked I-485 and DORA(?). I dropped the letter in the door slot and sat down in the lobby to wait. There must have been approximately twenty other people in the lobby, but all in all there were plenty of chairs. There was a TV mounted in the one of the corners of the lobby with CNN Headline News on.

There were some names being announced on the PA system from the receptionist area. Some announcements were clear, but some were not. I was concerned that they would announce my name and I would not hear it properly. It turned out not to be a problem.

Very shortly after my appointed time, an officer came out of door #2 and announced my full name. He led me to his office and put me under oath before I took my seat. His general demeanor put me at ease. He started reviewing the application by looking first at the traffic ticket dispositions that I had attached to my N-400 application. He numbered those pages in red ink and told me that those kinds of traffic violations had no effect on the application at all. He asked for my green card and driving license. He compared my name on the application with the names on the GC and DL. He then verified my birthdate, home address, wife's name and children. He did not ask to see my Social Security Card or passport(s) or any other documents. He asked if during the last 5 years, I had any overseas trips of more than 6 months. He also verified my employer's name.

He then moved on the general questions in Part 10. Asked me if I had ever voted and if I had paid all my taxes. I had said yes to question 16 because of my traffic citation. He noted the disposition and moved on. When we came to the part about Selective Service, I told him that I had the "Status Information Letter", but he did not even ask to see it. Then he asked me if I believed in the United States' form of government and a couple of other questions. Then, in part 13 he had me write my full name which I did in cursive, and in part 14, he had me sign as I normally do.

Next he asked me to read a short printed sentence on a piece of paper, and on that same sheet of paper he asked me to write a sentence that he dictated.

Next came the Civics test. He told me that he a had a list of 10 randomly selected questions, out of which I needed to get 6 correct. The questions were:
1. What is the color of the stars on the US flag?
2. What do the stars represent?
3. How many senators are there in the US congress?
4. Who becomes the president if the president dies?
5. What is the legislative branch of the government?

I cannot really recollect what the other question was!

With that complete, he told me that I had met all the requirements for naturalization and that he was recommending it. When I asked him about the FBI namecheck clearance, he said it was done. When he asked me if I had any more questions, I took the opportunity to ask the status of my wife's case. Though we applied together, she has not received her interview letter yet. He looked through her file, and said that the namecheck etc. were complete and that she should receive the interview letter soon. He said something about interviews being set up at the DO three months at a time... Maybe someone else can confirm this practice at the Dallas DO.

As far as the date for the oath was concerned, he said that the next ceremony at the Plano Convention Center in September was full, and that I would receive a date in the next 4-6 weeks. He gave me a piece of paper with some general Oath ceremony information. And with that I was done. I am sure the whole thing did not last more than 15-20 minutes.

Sorry about the long-winded post. Hopefully someone will find it useful.

Good luck to all!

Congrats HVM400.

Also to update my time line. I got my interview letter the same day the status disappeared (09/01/05). My interview will be on October 27th.

testrun said:
Congrats HVM400.

Also to update my time line. I got my interview letter the same day the status disappeared (09/01/05). My interview will be on October 27th.

Thanks! And good luck with your interview!

Katrina Refugees in Dallas Convention Center

I wonder what will happen to the Citizenship Oath ceremony to be held on 9/19/2005 at Dallas Convention Center. As of right now there are 10,000 refugees housed in the convention center. I believe the same problem would exist for other naturalization ceremonies in the North Texas area.

congrats testrun - any idea on my timeline

Congrats testrun..My FD was 8/18 for me and my wife. When do you expect my FD would be?

My status still shows up online as 750-999 days. Given testrun got his fingerprints on 8/5 and just received the ID, do you expect I should receive mine soon too. Is this consistent? Thanks for your thoughts

My dates

Mailed Aug 15, 2005
Recd. Aug 17
Priority Date: Aug 17
Check Cashed: Aug 18
Notice Date: ???
Notice Received: not yet received/chocked in the mail !
Finger Printing Notice Recd: Sep. 13
Finger printing: Oct. 5