Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

TexasGuy:

You can take your InfoPass appointment but when you try to get the token to get inside the building, they may try to explain that they are still processing cases as per the USCIS website (latest for Dallas DO is 6/15/05) and may not be helpful as your PD is in Aug.

Dallas has considerably slowed down from the beginning of the year where they were doing the whole process start to finish in under 3-3.5 months.

Having said that you should get your interview letter soon, say latest by Jan. end.

Texasguy

Here's my timeline for your reference

PD : 9/21/05
FP ND : 10/11/05
FP Date : 11/09/05
Interview ND : 11/25/05
Inerview Date : 01/13/06

Wish you luck.

Finally Got My Interview Notice

What a coincidence. Right after I posted my message, I got my Interview notice today. After almost 3.5 months after my FP was taken. My interview is set for Feb 10.

How are oath ceremonies chosen? Are you sent to the one for your county (mine is Tarrant) or the first available one in DFW?

Any one have a list of oath ceremonies in DFW in Feb/Mar 2006?

I am a bit concerened as I was going on a business trip abroad on Mar 1, 2006. Now I feel I will be in a limbo.

Thanks for all the kind words. MUCH appreciated.

Also, a shout out to PUBLICUS. I read his thread daily and he is one nice guy. May he be blessed with his Oath letter soon. I feel so much for him. It is ironic that a guy like him who is Mr. America is being given such a hard time, yet many a times criminals are naturalized en masse during election cycles like in 1996.

gurdiya said:
Texasguy

Wish you luck.

My timeline is similar to yours and I got fingerprinted on 11/08/05. I am still waiting for my interview letter. My only concern is the postman should not mis-deliver it to any other address. How do I make sure? I called FBI and as per them they responded back the same day for my wife and for me on 11/11/05. I am getting worried now. Any suggestion.

finished with my interview

hello all,

Just wanted to update you on my citizen application process.

Here are my dates:
PD: July 21st
FP: August 26th
INT: December 20th
OATH: March 30th 2006

Here is my experience when going for the interview at the Stemmons Freeway location:

Was scheduled in the morning. I arrived 10 minutes prior to my appointment time. At the door, my interview letter was checked. I had to go through security similar to at the airports. Cell phones were not allowed. Next I was told to proceed to door #3 and drop my interview letter through a drop box there. Next I waited...and waited untill finally an hour and 15 min later the door opened and a lady called out my name. The interview process was very straight forward, and was conducted in a normal and even somewhat cozy environment (at least not intimidating) The lady who interviewed me was very friendly. when entering her office she asked me to remain standing and swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth. next she asked me to sit down. she reviewed my interview letter, asked me for my drivers lisence green card and social security number. Next she went over my application and asked on each item if there were any changes. Since I made some trips out of the country she updated this section. Also she asked for airline tickets etc. after my application was updated she asked me to sign my full name on two passport photos which I originally sent with my application. Then she asked me to sign on a piece of paper in the same way as I did on my photos.

Next was the civics test. Very easy. she had a pre-printed 8.5x11 with a total of 15 or so questions on it. I answered them correctly so only was asked 6 in total. Here is what they asked:
What is the supreme law of our land?? THE CONSTITUTION.....Can the constitution be changed?? YES.....What are the three branches of government?? LEGISLATIVE, JUDICIAL, EXECUTIVE.....Who makes laws? CONGRESS....What are the colors of our flag?? RED,WHITE, BLUE....the last question I forgot, but be asured, it was very easy.
The sentence I was asked to write was: THE BOY THREW A BALL
All in all the interview took about 15-20 min. in the end the interviewer printed out my oath letter and handed it to me. A very painless experience.

Hope I was able to help those who are waiting for their interview appointment. :)

BTW: the office along Stemmons Free way is a grey and red one story building. inside the main lobby they have three doors with drop boxes. For interview appointments you have to use the door #3. I guess the other ones are for green card applicants which most of the people were when I was at that office that day.

Good luck to all, and I am looking forward to becoming a U.S citizen soon :cool:

Message To Texas Guy

I am also in tarrant county. At the interview, I was given a oath date for March 30th, at the convention center in arlington. They said that this was the next ceremony date for tarrant county

Good luck with your interview. Let me know if you are in the same ceremony as me :)

What Happens When You Are in Limbo?

Waitin,

Many thanks! Assuming I get into the same oath ceremony as yours (Mar 30), what is my status between Feb 10 (my interview) and Mar 30?

I am darn zapped about that as I have a business trip in the first week of March.

I have been trying to search the threads but have not found anything.

If anyone knows let me know.

Thanks to all and Publicus rules,

Texas Guy (and Tarrant county is the best county in Texas :) )

TexasGuy said:
Waitin,

Many thanks! Assuming I get into the same oath ceremony as yours (Mar 30), what is my status between Feb 10 (my interview) and Mar 30?

I am darn zapped about that as I have a business trip in the first week of March.

I have been trying to search the threads but have not found anything.

If anyone knows let me know.

Thanks to all and Publicus rules,

Texas Guy (and Tarrant county is the best county in Texas :) )

As far as I know your status will remain the same ( meaning being a permanent resident) up untill the day you have the oath ceremony. Untill that day, all trips outsidethe united sates will count towards yourtotal days outside the u.s.
Hope this cleared up your question.

gurdiya said:
Texasguy

Wish you luck.

vardhman said:
My timeline is similar to yours and I got fingerprinted on 11/08/05. I am still waiting for my interview letter. My only concern is the postman should not mis-deliver it to any other address. How do I make sure? I called FBI and as per them they responded back the same day for my wife and for me on 11/11/05. I am getting worried now. Any suggestion.

I got my employment based GC using Consulate Processing in Canada. Could that be the reason for delay?. I know 2 more people who have the similar timelines as mine and got their interview letter. I am in Dallas county.

Any help/pointer is appreciated. Is there a number I can call to find out about my application?

Vardhman

Just so you feel better, I have a very similar timeline and I still have not recieved my interview letter/date either. Doesn't solve your problem but wanted to let you know there are others in the same boat as yours.

vardhman said:

filelover said:
Vardhman

Just so you feel better, I have a very similar timeline and I still have not recieved my interview letter/date either. Doesn't solve your problem but wanted to let you know there are others in the same boat as yours.

Thanks for the reply. Please update when you receive the letter, I will do the same.

jay_m said:
TexasGuy:

You can take your InfoPass appointment but when you try to get the token to get inside the building, they may try to explain that they are still processing cases as per the USCIS website (latest for Dallas DO is 6/15/05) and may not be helpful as your PD is in Aug.

Dallas has considerably slowed down from the beginning of the year where they were doing the whole process start to finish in under 3-3.5 months.

Having said that you should get your interview letter soon, say latest by Jan. end.

Hi jay_m,

Have you received an oath letter, yet? And also, did you guys make any headway with your wife's application? Any movement on that?

FYI, at the last INFOPASS, the information officer wrote an email right in front of us asking the TSC people to forward my wife's file to the DO. However, we are still waiting :(

Nothing yet!

HVN400,

My oath is scheduled for 01/15. No updates on my wife's application. We are certainly in the que...Whatever that means!

In our last InfoPass we were told that they have recvd her file from TSC but just waiting to schedule for interview. What I dont understand is that people who applied in Sep./Oct. are getting interview letters and they cant find one interview slot for people with March PD :mad: !

HVN400, did you apply for expedited or regular passport? What is your expereince?

Thanks.

Anyone around this timeframe

I have not received any letter yet for the interview while I see others have received there (on this forum and otherwise). Anyone around this timeframe?

PD : 9/19/05
FP Date : 11/08/05
Interview ND : Waiting

jay_m said:
HVN400,

My oath is scheduled for 01/15. No updates on my wife's application. We are certainly in the que...Whatever that means!

In our last InfoPass we were told that they have recvd her file from TSC but just waiting to schedule for interview. What I dont understand is that people who applied in Sep./Oct. are getting interview letters and they cant find one interview slot for people with March PD :mad: !

HVN400, did you apply for expedited or regular passport? What is your expereince?

Thanks.

Congratulations on your impending oath ceremony! Just a few days now...

I am sorry to hear that you are still waiting for you wife's interview to be scheduled.

As far as the passport goes, I just applied regular, since I was not in a huge hurry. And I was lazy too. I just applied last week, though I was naturalized on 12/14/05!

Good luck!

Here are the details of my interview at the Dallas USINS office:

I got there with 30 minutes to spare. Showed my interview letter to the security guard outside who told me to leave my cell phone and water outside and then go on inside the building. I went through the security check, the security guard inside stamped the date and time of arrival on my interview letter and asked me to drop it off in the dropbox on the door marked ‘door 1’. I waited in the area marked ‘Naturalization waiting area’. At the appointed time, a soft spoken lady officer came out of door 1 and called out my name. She introduced herself and took me to her office. She put me under oath and then asked me to take a seat. She asked to see my Passport, my driver’s license and my green card. She had my file open and I noticed that they had even filed the Express Mail envelope I had sent my application in ! The officer checked my GC and DL, glanced through my passport and handed everything back to me.

She then began to go through my application and asked me a bunch of questions from the N400. She was real nice and polite. She marked the questions she asked me in red and scratched out the sections that were not applicable to me. She asked me about my affiliations ( #8 ). I had a change to report there. I had erroneously checked ‘No’ for that question in my application. So I had carried with me, Page 7 of the N400 application with the updated information which I handed to her. She put it in my file and gave me the old page 7.

Then we got to the Civics questions. She had a sheet of paper with a list of questions and she asked me 7 questions from that list which I answered correctly. The questions were straight out of the 100 questions list ( eg, # of members in the house of representatives ( 435 ), head of the city government ( mayor ), one requirement to become eligible to be president ( >35 years ), judiciary branch of the government ( Supreme Court ) ). She then had me read ‘The boy threw the ball’ and had me write ‘I drive a blue car to work’.

Then she had me sign my full name in #13 and #14 and write my full name in #14. BTW, everything I wrote down for her ( other than my signature ), I did in uppercase.

She then congratulated me and told me that I had passed the interview and handed me the N652 ( Naturalization Interview Results ) confirming what she told me and the N445 ( Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony ) that asked me to appear for the oath ceremony at the Plano Center on 2000 E Springcreek Parkway on 2/28/06.

Just when I was about to heave a sigh of relief, the officer informed me that I needed to go to the immigration photo shop behind the parking lot and get new photos done because the background on the photos I had submitted with my application was darker than admissible. She asked me to write my full name on the border of the photographs and drop them in the same dropbox and that she would check for them in half hour. So I went and got my picture taken, went through the security clearance again and dropped off my photos. On my way back home, I realized that I hadn’t written my A# on the back of the new photos ( the officer didn’t ask me to, either ) !! I am praying that my photos will make it to her and I am keeping my fingers crossed till I am done with my oath.

I want to thank HVN400, Jay_M, Andone and Waitin in this thread, for their detailed posts of their interview experiences. It really helped to have the understanding of the entire interview process. Hopefully my post will be of use to someone as well.

I had taken most of the documents that JohnnyCash had advised in the sticky
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=197782
However, I was asked only for my Passport, GC and DL. I had followed Johnny’s suggestion to bring the relevant part of the application with the updated changes for the change I had on Page 7 of my application. The officer seemed pleased with that and all she had to do then was to replace that one page in my file. I was also a bit apprehensive because some of the posters in this forum had mentioned that they had carried proof of their international travel and I didn’t have the airline tickets from any of my trips, but thankfully, I was not asked for those.

Here’s hoping that I get through the oath ceremony without any hitches and wishing luck to everyone that’s waiting out there !!

Timeline :

Interview Date : 01/13/06
Oath : 2/28/06

Last edited by a moderator:
vardhman said:
I have not received any letter yet for the interview while I see others have received there (on this forum and otherwise). Anyone around this timeframe?

PD : 9/19/05
FP Date : 11/08/05
Interview ND : Waiting

Anyone ?

Filelover, any update on your side?

thanks,

vardhman said:
Anyone ?

Filelover, any update on your side?

thanks,

My wife's PD is 03/14/05, and still no interview letter :( Hopefully, you will not have to wait very much longer.

gurdiya said:

Here’s hoping that I get through the oath ceremony without any hitches and wishing luck to everyone that’s waiting out there !!

Congratulations! Hope it is smooth sailing for you until your oath ceremony and beyond..

Next Oath Ceremony in Dallas

Hi all -
I had my citizenship interview on 11/18/2005. I'm still waiting for oath ceremony notification. I thought that I would get it this month, January. I'm in Dallas County. Does anyone know the next oath ceremony date for Dallas area? I tried to look it up in Dallas County website but could not find a calendar. From this thread I know it's once every 90 days. I am starting to worry if the mail may be lost of something, and I don't know of a way to find out.
Thank you.