Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Here is my bf's timeline in Dallas. We are waiting for this citizenship so we can get married.

05/13/05: Priority Date
07/09/05: FP Date
08/29/05: Interview Date
???: Oath

We are still waiting for the name check result. Sigh ...
Good luck to all!

Waiting for interview - Dallas DO

Hi All,

My wife and I have a PD of 03/14. Our FP was 05/05. My wife had to have second FP, which was on 06/22 (and results were sent back the next day). I finished my interview on 08/30, but my wife still has not received a date for her interview.

At the conclusion of my interview, I asked my adjudicating officer about my wife's case. He said that her namecheck was complete and that her case was in a queue, waiting to be scheduled for an interview. But so far, no news. We scheduled an INFOPASS appointment a couple of weeks back. The information officer said that my wife's application was still at the TSC, and that they could not do much until the file reached the DO. We called the 800- number for status, but they were less than helpful. Just told us that the application was being processed.

Is there something else that could be done to get some accurate information? Is it the DO that schedules the interview or is it the Service Center? I am thoroughly confused.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments.

still no interview letter (should arrive soon)

it has been almost 2 months now since my finger printing date. I still have not received my interview letter. I called the 1-800 number and got very little information regarding my case. I was just told that the TSC is processing applications with the pd of April 2005

Has anyone with a similar pd date of July 21st and a FP date of August 26th received their interview letter yet?

Many thanks for your reply :)

Dallas Timeline - Citizenship

Priority Date 5-31-05
Fingerprint 7-26-05
Interview Date 10-20-05
Oath Ceremony 12-1-05

xyz2 said:
Priority Date 5-31-05
Fingerprint 7-26-05
Interview Date 10-20-05
Oath Ceremony 12-1-05

Hi xyz2,

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your county of residence? And the location of the oath ceremony?

Thanks..

xyz2:

Congrats on your successful interview. Could you please share your interview expereince at the Dallas DO in detail? This would be really helpful to the forum members waiting for their interviews. Also were you given the oath letter at the end of the interview itself? I assume you must be a Dallas county resident as there is a Naturalization event to be held on 12/1/05.

Thanks.

interview today

Hi all. I just finished my interview today. It took about 15 minutes and the interviewer was very friendly. I was asked six questions and had to write a sentence. He went through my application and looked at my GC, DL, and SSC.
That was it. I appologize to shankar7. I just looked at this board again after a long time.
Anyways, I received my oath letter and it is in Plano on December 14th.

Good luck to everybody.

PD 06-14-05
FP 08-05-05
Interview 10-27-05
Oath 12-14-05

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, testrun!

testrun said:
Hi all. I just finished my interview today. It took about 15 minutes and the interviewer was very friendly. I was asked six questions and had to write a sentence. He went through my application and looked at my GC, DL, and SSC.
That was it. I appologize to shankar7. I just looked at this board again after a long time.
Anyways, I received my oath letter and it is in Plano on December 14th.

Good luck to everybody.

PD 06-14-05
FP 08-05-05
Interview 10-27-05
Oath 12-14-05

Congratulations! Swift timeline!

Good luck!

jay_m said:
Got mine for 11/2 @ 10. My wife's application is still pending :confused: and dont know when it will come thru though both our PDs are the same in early April. At the Inforpass, we were told that all the requirements have been met for interview and we should get the letter 'anytime'.

Any idea if Dallas county Oath schedules? Is it also once every 3 months? or is it more frequently conducted? HVN400, any links you can suggest for folks from the Dallas county?

Thanks and good luck to everybody for those scheduled early Nov.

Good luck tomorrow! Any more information on your wife's application? My wife's application seems to be stuck too, in a similar state. We have a Nov. 7 infopass appt coming up. Hopefully we will get some good information then..

HVN, Thanks for your wishes. I will update the interview t'row. No change on my wife's application. Have an infopass to check again this week. This is the 3rd time and I am not sure if we will get any update even this time... :rolleyes:

Dallas DO interview update

I had my interview at Dallas DO and my experience is in line with other people in this forum. My interview was at 10 and went a bit early. They only allow people exactly 30 minutes prior to the interview time. They are very strict about this. Also no cell phones allowed inside the building. Once inside I sat in the area marked 'Naturalization interviews'. Do not attempt to sit in any other waiting area as you will not hear when your name is called. With all the noise you need to be real attentive.

I was led into a room and before I was asked to sit with my hand raised I was told that I was under oath to tell the truth. I was asked only for my current passport and greencard. No Social Security card or driver licence. It is better to take it though. The officer was very professional and courteous. I had some changes like trips outside, change of employment etc. from the time I had applied and it was marked in red ink and numbered accordingly. I was asked if any of trips lasted over 6 months and my passport was checked (though not in detail - I had a number of trips and stamps). All the questions in the application were reverified in detail. I had a few traffic tickets and when I asked if they are expected to be reported, the answer was Yes we need to report it as they are citations from a law enforcement officer but this will not have any bearing on the application. I was asked if I had filed all taxes and owe any back taxes, whether I will bear arms for the country, etc. I was then asked 6 questions straight out of the 100 standard questions on the website and I got all of the 6 right. I was asked to read and right a simple sentence and with that I was done. She gave me the form N-652 stating that I have passed the interview and is being recommended for approval. I was asked to write my full name in cursive manner on the white side of the photo I had sent with the application. I asked if they have got all the clearences and the answer was Yes. I was told that I will get an invitation for 'one of the several oath ceremonies planed in Dec.' Now it is going to be a wait to get the Oath letter in the mail. What I dont understand is that some people have gotten the oath letter right after the interview and some have been told to expect it in the mail.

Well, hopefully people waiting for interviews will get something out of this experinece and in turn share theirs in this forum. That is the purpose of this wonderful forum. I had kept all my papers organized (tax copies, selective services letter, bank statements, pay stubs, utility bills, past employment letters, etc.) but were never asked for all that. Good luck to everybody and hopefully I will get my oath letter within this month.

jay_m said:
I had my interview at Dallas DO and my experience is in line with other people in this forum. My interview was at 10 and went a bit early. They only allow people exactly 30 minutes prior to the interview time. They are very strict about this. Also no cell phones allowed inside the building. Once inside I sat in the area marked 'Naturalization interviews'. Do not attempt to sit in any other waiting area as you will not hear when your name is called. With all the noise you need to be real attentive.

I was led into a room and before I was asked to sit with my hand raised I was told that I was under oath to tell the truth. I was asked only for my current passport and greencard. No Social Security card or driver licence. It is better to take it though. The officer was very professional and courteous. I had some changes like trips outside, change of employment etc. from the time I had applied and it was marked in red ink and numbered accordingly. I was asked if any of trips lasted over 6 months and my passport was checked (though not in detail - I had a number of trips and stamps). All the questions in the application were reverified in detail. I had a few traffic tickets and when I asked if they are expected to be reported, the answer was Yes we need to report it as they are citations from a law enforcement officer but this will not have any bearing on the application. I was asked if I had filed all taxes and owe any back taxes, whether I will bear arms for the country, etc. I was then asked 6 questions straight out of the 100 standard questions on the website and I got all of the 6 right. I was asked to read and right a simple sentence and with that I was done. She gave me the form N-652 stating that I have passed the interview and is being recommended for approval. I was asked to write my full name in cursive manner on the white side of the photo I had sent with the application. I asked if they have got all the clearences and the answer was Yes. I was told that I will get an invitation for 'one of the several oath ceremonies planed in Dec.' Now it is going to be a wait to get the Oath letter in the mail. What I dont understand is that some people have gotten the oath letter right after the interview and some have been told to expect it in the mail.

Well, hopefully people waiting for interviews will get something out of this experinece and in turn share theirs in this forum. That is the purpose of this wonderful forum. I had kept all my papers organized (tax copies, selective services letter, bank statements, pay stubs, utility bills, past employment letters, etc.) but were never asked for all that. Good luck to everybody and hopefully I will get my oath letter within this month.
First of all, i would like to congratulate you on your approval!
Second, i think that the only reason you didn't get the oath letter right then is because the District office was probably behind or have all the oath ceremonies full for the month of november, that's all, therefore, no worries. Enjoy the last days of being lawful permanent resident and good luck!
Once again, Congratulations! :)
Sony

Congratulations!

jay_m said:
I was told that I will get an invitation for 'one of the several oath ceremonies planed in Dec.' Now it is going to be a wait to get the Oath letter in the mail. What I dont understand is that some people have gotten the oath letter right after the interview and some have been told to expect it in the mail.

Hi jay_m,

Congratulations on successfully completing your interview. I don't understand why they could not give you the Oath letter, especially if all checks have been cleared and they have several oath ceremonies coming up in December.

Hope you do no have to wait long for your letter.

i just had my interview too.

6 questions out of the 100 posted on their website.
checked the driver license,passport, greencard.
i didnt have to show him anything else.

same thing happened to me- he told me that i have to wait for the oath letter to be mailed.
he said that most probably my oath will be in january- he said probably all of december is full.

hope this helps.

Dallas timelines seem silent in the recent past. Please keep this thread active. Want to hear some update on interview expereinces - Shankar, johnkamala, nvenkat,...

I think Dallas has slowed down in scheduling interviews as there has been no new postings..

Thanks Much.

I am still waiting on my Interview. In my Infopass on Aug , I was told that my application is in "QUE" for Interview. I do not know what it means. All checks are cleared and my application is waiting on Inteview to be Scheduled. I do not know how long it is going to take .

Venkat

nvenkat said:
I am still waiting on my Interview. In my Infopass on Aug , I was told that my application is in "QUE" for Interview. I do not know what it means. All checks are cleared and my application is waiting on Inteview to be Scheduled. I do not know how long it is going to take .

Venkat

My wife's application is in a similar state. At the last two Infopass appointments, including one as recently as Nov 07, we have been told that her application is still at TSC, waiting to be scheduled for an interview.

We have also sent a written request to the TSC asking for status of her application, but have not heard anything from them either.

Is it definitively known that the TSC schedules the interview and forwards the applicant's file to the DO?

My wife's application is also in the same state with no interview date in sight and no updates at the Infopass appointment though we both applied 8 months ago. It seems to me that cases from March/April are not getting attention but they are processing application being filed recently. People with June PDs already finished with the interviews.

TSC defintely schedules the interview date and forwards the file to DO. This known as otherwise people at DO would have done something during the Infopass or atleast given some concrete information.

At this point what are our options?? :confused: