Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

IrvingGuy said:
Hi all -
I had my citizenship interview on 11/18/2005. I'm still waiting for oath ceremony notification. I thought that I would get it this month, January. I'm in Dallas County. Does anyone know the next oath ceremony date for Dallas area? I tried to look it up in Dallas County website but could not find a calendar. From this thread I know it's once every 90 days. I am starting to worry if the mail may be lost of something, and I don't know of a way to find out.
Thank you.
My interview was in 12/13/06 & I'm in Dallas county. Since then, I have been checking my mail feverish but so far I did not receive nor hear anything about the oath ceremony. Tried to check my status on line or through the 1800 number but resulted to no avail !

IrvingGuy and fileover, please let us know if you hear anything about the Oath.

Texan400, I am still waiting for my interview date!!!! You are a step ahead of me

texan400 said:
My interview was in 12/13/06 & I'm in Dallas county. Since then, I have been checking my mail feverish but so far I did not receive nor hear anything about the oath ceremony. Tried to check my status on line or through the 1800 number but resulted to no avail !

IrvingGuy and fileover, please let us know if you hear anything about the Oath.

Updated Timeline for Dallas Office

Just looked on the site and as of Jan 24 2006, they are processing July 1 2005. Very slow since in Dec 8 2005 (close to 6 weeks back) they were processing June 2005

filelover said:
Texan400, I am still waiting for my interview date!!!! You are a step ahead of me

Got It

Just got the letter for the interview today. Finally! Timeline below for everyone's reference. By the way does anyone know how the oath cermony get assigned, by county of residence?

PD - 9/30/05
FP Notice #1 - 10/26/05
FP Notice #2 - 11/4/05 (Rescheduled as I was out of town)
FP Date - 11/23/05
Notice of Interview - 2/1/06
Interview - 3/9/06

vardhman said:
Anyone ?

Filelover, any update on your side?

thanks,

filelover said:
Just got the letter for the interview today. Finally! Timeline below for everyone's reference. By the way does anyone know how the oath cermony get assigned, by county of residence?

PD - 9/30/05
FP Notice #1 - 10/26/05
FP Notice #2 - 11/4/05 (Rescheduled as I was out of town)
FP Date - 11/23/05
Notice of Interview - 2/1/06
Interview - 3/9/06
Congratulations. That's a encouraging news.

I Am still waiting for the interview notice.

Interview Complete

Here is my timeline:

Priority Date: Aug 11, 2005
FP Notice: Aug 22, 2005
FP Taken: Sep 17, 2005
Interview Notice: December 29, 2005
Interview Date: February 7, 2006
Oath: Who knows

All,

Went to the Dallas office off Inwood on I-35. It is really inconspicous and hard to find. Was a cold morning today, so regretted not bringing my jacket.

The guard told me to leave my cell phone in the car and once I passed the metal detector to drop my interview letter in Door number 2.

Within 15 minutes of my appointed time (!!) a nice 50 something lady came out and pronounced my name perfectly (!!!!!!). I went into her comfortable office where she asked me to put my stuff down but keep standing. She then administered the oath to me to tell the truth.

I was dressed for work (Business formal) and she seemed pleased by that. She made a comment that it is nice to see people take pride in this event.

She went over my paperwork. I had travelled since I had filed the N-400 and I had the printed the pages that needed to be amended. I was surprised at how grateful she was for that. She said that it may be a small thing for me but it saves her a lot of time as their computer system is very archaic and it is hard for them to print the forms.

I told her about a recent traffic ticket that I had and she wrote it down on the form although she made a comment that it was irrelevant.

An interesting point was that she asked me for my Social Security card. Thankfully I had taken all the docs mentioned in these forums so I was well prepared.

She went over many questions verbally on the N-400 to confirm them. Then she verbally administered the Civics test. Very straightforward. One question was "Who was MLK?" I answered "A Civil Rights Leader". She said that was correct and I was one of the few who got it right as most people say "He freed the slaves". For some reason that set me laughing hard. I calmed myself and apologized for the loud laughter.

Then I got the reading and writing test. Very straightforward. Then she said she was going to recommend me for Naturalization. That hit me right on my heart. I knew it was coming but those words were SWEEEET!!! I am SO proud to be in this country. You know, in the sample exam there is a question "Why does one become a citizen?" and it has a bunch of silly answers like "Claim welfare, get goverment jobs, get a right to whine a lot" etc. But for me the real answer always was "I want to become a citizen to proudly say that I am an American".

Well, after that she tried to book me for an oath ceremony. However, I live in Tarrant county and the event on the 30th of March was full. The event in Plano on the 28th of February is a judicial ceremony only thus only that county's residents (Dallas and Collins) can attend.

She shook my hand and told me that I would probably get scheduled in an oath ceremony in April, May or June.

Does anyone know when the next oath ceremony in Tarrant county is?

Thanks to all in this forum. I will keep posting here about my experiences and about the oath ceremony when I finally get to it.

Texas Guy

Still waiting on the letter to let me know when the oath ceremony takes place for Dallas county. Does anyone know or if there is a number to call ?

Hi all -

I placed a call to USCIS.gov 800-375-5283 today, and the 5-minute wait time/conversation was pleasant - not what I expected.
I was informed that Dallas county area is working on N400 applicant with Priority Date of July 1, 2005. My Priority Date is July 8, 2005. So I'm expecting to receive a notice in 30 days or so. And I'm to call them back on March 20, 2006 if I still haven't received a letter.

It's a relief to know that the letter has not been sent and I have a way to followup on my case.

Peter

Oath Ceremonies

All,

What is a good place to find out about the next available oath ceremony for Tarrant county residents?

Texas Guy

My Timeline with TSC is as follows:

Priority Date: 01/17/2006
Finger Print Notice Receive Date: 02/07/2006
Finger Print Appointment Date: 02/17/2006

Oath Ceremonies Dates

All,

Here are the latest Oath Ceremonies Dates. Can we please keep this list up?

Plano (Judicial, Only for Dallas, Collin County Residents): February 28, 2006
Arlington (for Tarrant Residents): March 30, 2006
Fort Worth: ?
Dallas: ?

Let us keep this thread alive

Guys,

DFW is a huge Naturalization market. Let us keep this thread alive. The applicants from other cities are doing a good job of keeping their threads alive. Let us do the same too.

Thanks,

Texas Guy

TexasGuy said:
Guys,

DFW is a huge Naturalization market. Let us keep this thread alive. The applicants from other cities are doing a good job of keeping their threads alive. Let us do the same too.

Thanks,

Texas Guy
Hello,
I just moved to texas last saturday. I live in arlington, tx now. I am excited. I got a new job here. WOW man, this city, or Dallas in general, is a huge city. I am loving it.
My case was appealed the denial. However, since i asked for a freedom of information act copy of my file back in august, the last time i checked, which was on friday the 10, 2006, i was told that the national records center had requested my file and it was sent there on January 13. Now, i called the NRC and they are saying that it will be about another 6 more months before they reach me in the quoue!

I told them i don't need it anymore as my appeal was granted, she said even if you withdraw the application, they won't send the file back, i told the lady on the phone then how can my adjudication officer issue a decision? she said they have a way for the officer to review the case and she can't tell me this kind of information on the phone.

What do i do now, please help?

jasmin

Talk to Publicus

Jasmin,

Look at the sticky thread on the top of this forum. It has a bunch of very good guys/gals who can help you. They are led by Publicus, a very hard working chap, who will answer denial type questions.

Here is hoping for the best.