Dallas Regional DOL Tracker

TX DOL - Processing date

Hello,
My GC application was approved from TWC (State) on oct 4th 2002 and received at DOL, Dallas on 9th oct 2002. Now as per there website they are processing applications received in Nov 2002.
When my lawyer called up to check, the rep said, you will receive the NOF soon. This was like a month back. I want to know how long they take to sent a NOF or approval. Has this happened with any one in TX DOL. thanks much.

Follow-up to my previous post:

Lawyer's office called DOL regarding update and was told application still pending. Acknowledged receipt of RFE response early Sep 2002, but could not give any further information.

Anyone else with similar dates to mine (see previous post) received their LC yet? On the other hand, if you had received it, I don't suppose you'd still be on this thread :)

Last edited by a moderator:
LC Approval info

Here is my case details (RIR)

D.O.T Code: 030.062-010
PD: Sep 29, 01
N.O.F submitted: Sep 25, 02
Approval Date: Aug 18,03
Hard copy received : Sep 22, 03

Heard in recording at 214-767-9384. It was not in recording till 9/3/2003 and was under N.O.F till then. It is 'certified' as of Sep-04-03 on AVM.

Hope that helps.

Qn about D.O.T Code and case number

praytx, thank you for your response.

My original question was whether NOF is different from RFE, then if so, how. But now I have two more questions, if anyone out there can help me with them...

1. RFE different from NOF? How?

2. How does one find the D.O.T code assigned to their case?

3. Is the case number assigned by SESA the same number used at the DOL? If so, why does the system (214-767-9384) tell me it couldn't find my case number.

Sorry, I did not follow your original thread. But I will try my best to answer your Qs.

1. From what I understand, diff. in RFE and NOF is just in terminology. RFE(request for evidence) is refered to when a notice is issued by BCIS (formerly INS) for a 485 or similar application filed with BCIS. NOF (Notice of Finding) is issued by Dept of Labor (different agencies). But the bottomline is common to both requests...candidate has to provide more proof and as a result delay is expected.

2. The D.O.T code is also indicated on your application. If you have a copy of the application, you should be able to look it up. Also, when you call the AVM or send an email to DOL, it will indicate your D.O.T code.

3. The case number is different between SESA and federal DOL. The federal DOL number is usually 7 digits. You need either your employer's telephone number, or your case number, or your employer TAX ID number to find the status of your case. If you have tried all three options and are not getting anywhere...you need additional information from your lawyer about your case.

Hope that helps.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes for DOL to issue a NOF when your PD becomes current. As in my case DOL said (when asked by lawyer) to expect a NOF soon. My question is how soon is soon. Thanks for your input.

Thanks!

praytx, yes, that did help. I don't have all the information on hand, but I've asked my lawyer for a copy of my file so that should help.

I really appreciate your taking the time to respond.

Finally!

I just got an email from my attorney letting me know that I have approval. Here's my dates again...

SESA date: 5Sep2001
DOL date: 14Mar2002
NOF: Aug2002
Rebuttal: Sep2002
Approved: Oct2003

Although it's likely it was approved earlier, and the attorney only received the notification today.

Moving on to the I-140/I-485 threads...

to LJWaiting

Congratulations LJWaiting!
when you check AVM, your status changed or not? it will give us some hope if you recieve your Certified LC and voice mail is still old message...
Thank you

reply to boboli

boboli, I'm sorry I can't help you there :(

I was never able to check my status on the AVM since I didn't have my DOL case number (only my TWC case number, which I just found out a few days ago was not the same).

I also tried looking it up by employer phone number, but since I didn't know which number had been used on my application (local HR office or main HR in another state), I couldn't find it that way either. Which is why I'd asked for a copy of my paperwork, but before that arrived from my attorney's office, I received the email saying it had been approved.

Sorry!

Getting a NOF????

My RD is 9/03, per DOL, they are processing 11/03. Does this mean that I am getting a NOF for sure? Or is there any hope that i might get through in the next few weeks?

Labor Substitution required for Digital/Asic Design Engineer

Does anybody know of any company that has Labor Substitution available for Digital/ASIC Design Engineer. I have a Bachelors and a Masters in EE and have been working for 3 years. I am based in Texas and this Labor Cert. process is pretty frustrating.

Please reply if you have any leads.

Many thanks in advance.

I think they are still doing sept NOF cases. I am still waiting and haven't heard anything from the lawyer.

Lets see what happens.

Getting status from Texas DOL

Has the automatic email status notification for Texas changed?

I have been sending email for status to lcstatus06@doleta.gov with my employer phone number. I used to get proper response before.

However, since last couple of months the email bounces back.

Is the email address changed? or is there any other way I can find the status? I do not have ARN but I do have the case number.

Thanks

RE: LJWaiting, LC Approval

Congratulations to LJWaiting.
Could please share some more information

Category: EB2/EB3 and RIR/Non-RIR?
Job Description: Software Engineer/Systems Programmer/Marketing/etc..... ?
Job Requirements: MS or BS + number of years of experience?
Company Size: ?
How many Layoffs in past two-three years?

tia

Status Check

I have heard that DOL/SESA track the number of times you inquire about the status either by automated phone or thru a person. The more # of inquiry the worse...Again this is just I have heard and wanted to get it confirmed by someone here one-way-or-another.

Any insights/thoughts?

Not sure if that is true, they seem understaffed to begin with, plus what would such metrics serve? Most of us stuck in the TX DOL are pretty fed up and that is obvious.
Just my 2 cents

Mirage,

Is your Rebuttal Date: 9/3 as said in prev. post here. do you remember what was your PD at DOL and when did they issue a NOF to you?
Thanks.

my RD is Sept-03, still have recieived no NOF, but people around me have been approved...not sure what the delay is...i guess i am just really screwed or unlucky or both

Waiting and waiting

My file was sent to TWC August 2001. TWC said it aproved and sent to DOL Dallas on March 2002. Till then have received nothing... no NOF, NO Rejection, No Approval.... just silence.

DOL Dallas sucks even by DOL's yardstick. I think its the slowest DOL office out there ? I really hope things move fast,