Dallas Regional DOL Tracker

Approvals

This is a great news -

8 of my collegues got approved in Dallas in EB2 RIR. All of them got a RFE in August 02 - lawyear replied back end of Aug 02. Finally all got approval on last Thursday 07/03/03.

As for me - I applied on May '02 on EB2 RIR and got a RFE around March '03. They asked us to post a new ad, which my company did and filed answers back on April 25th 03. Till now not heard anything back after that.

But at least some light we can see at the end of the tunnel....
:)

RIR state level

Folks,
I called TWC at Austin and spoke to one of the employee on Friday 7/11/03 and they said that they were processing Jan 31st cases for RIR for State level.

The speed at which they are progressing is very promising.

Looks like they are only processing NOF cases, I'm still waiting for a response for Aug 2002, theres a few in same boat as me!

RIR

guys,
i caleed twc austin and they r still processing Jan 31st. Usually, the progress @ twc austin is pretty good. But i has been over 10 days now and they are still working on Jan 31st cases. Either they received a lot of applicaitons on Jan 31st or there is something fishy going on.

lalaker

Hello Experts,
My Company is not interested in finding out whats the status with my Labor, it was filed in May 2001 in Texas under RIR category. They say that they haven't got any updates from INS. But I see on this board that for Texas the Labor filed in August 2002 are getting cleared. I am all confused as how this works.

I there a way that I can check the status of my Labor. If so, what all do I need to know.

Thank you
DalRanger

Contacting DOL

Dal
If you have your case #, then you can call (214)-767-4975

or you can send a mail to:

LCSTATUS06@doleta.gov..with your case # in the subject header

If you dont have your case number then you can search by employer name as well. Hopefully there should not be too many cases with your company name.
Good Luck

Mirage

Thank you Mirage27, it helped and here's what I found out, can you tell me what this status means

"Returned by employer after a remand"

what does this mean?? :confused:

Thanks
DalRanger

Remand to State

Remanded to State:
I believe that means your case was sent back to TWC (State Level) for processing as a non-RIR case. They are processing cases as of 4/01, so if your PD is around this time frame, u will be looked at right away.
The isssue however is DOL (Federal Level) again, since you are going to be processed as non-RIR the wait is even longer (They are processing 1/2000).
Since they have prolonged H1's indefinately (with the annual increments), all u can do is wait for a bit.

RIR Update

Folks,
I just spoke with Tanya at TWC Austin and they are processing 19Feb'03 RIR cases. I had applied on 12Feb '03 and she said that they sent a letter to the attorney for corrections.
I not sure what kind of corrections they are asking for. Has anyone out here has see anything like this before ??? I just checked with my attorney and he hasn't received anything yet.

lalaker

RIR Update

Folks,
I just spoke with Tanya at TWC Austin and they are processing 19Feb'03 RIR cases. I had applied on 12Feb '03 and she said that they sent a letter to the attorney for corrections.
I not sure what kind of corrections they are asking for. Has anyone out here has see anything like this before ??? I just checked with my attorney and he hasn't received anything yet.

lalaker

Hello lalaker,

My application was sent back for corrections by TX Sesa. It was about my address not showing up on my application. It was not really a big deal. I understand that this is very normal. The only thing is that it adds delay to an already slow process.

RIR update

thanks for ur response bunty. It is a bit of relief to hear that it is not that big a deal. I m still waiting to hear from my attorney. I called him yesterday and he hasn't received the letter from SESA, yet.

thx

r there any approval for nof rebutals after sept 2002. Looks like the texas dol is working extremly slow. they should see how other dol are working very fast for the nof rebutals.

guys please post all your approvals so other can track there cases.

thanks
lost hope in dol texas center

DOL Sucks

The wait really sucks, the only silver lining is that with the economy in the dumps, we are almost better off waiting. Chances of NOFs are stronger. Also when one advertizes the NOF's, applicants are higher.

Hopefully in the next 6 months the economy will pick up more steam. Then DOL will have to move faster. Pressure will come from the industry. I still recall those days when labor took 6 months and was pretty much assured.

The thing to be really worried about are the attacks on the H1-B program as well as all the backlash against Indian/Chinese overseas jobs push. This will have very long term impacts on those of us who decide to settle here.
Just my 2 cents

labor pain - Urgent help needed.

Folks,
My PD is 02/12/03 for EB3 RIR. I received a letter from TWC stating that my 750A needs corrections: Here is what it says

"Item 15: Other Special Requirements: Other Special requirements should be measurable and quantifiable. Examples of incorrect entries to be avoided are: must have expertise in, knowledge of, skill in , background in. Please adjust Item15 accordingly. Enter only job related requirements in measurable terms and submit employer justification or delete requirements. Requirements should not be tailed to alien's qualifications "

Any attorney over here please adivise. Has anyone seen anything like this before. I am still waiting to hear from my attorney.

Labour approved

I filed for my labour to state in may 2002 in RIR. got my labour certified today. My case went to federal on Aug 2002.