Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

dhirajs98 said:
sfmars,

I have a question on the same issue "keeping priority date"

I have one labour filed from my consulting company with PD 01/26/04(EB3 lying in DBEC). Obviuosly it is not approved yet. I have an offer from my client company for permanent position.

Question: If I join my client and apply labor in PERM, can I keep the old priority date which is 01/26/04 when I file I-140 from the new company I am planning to join? What all complexities, I can get into? Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

The short answer NO, you have to wait when your LC from your consulting company is approved, then ask your consulter to file I-140 and wait the approval and in the mean time to work for consulting company and collect paystabs and W2 forms from him if it is adjustment of status.

When you get approved I-140 of EB3 from your old company you can file Eb2 perm LC working for another company and PD will be 2004 of your old EB3.

Hello SFMARS !

Your inputs are highly appreciated.

I was told that BEC is planning to complete 45 DL within June 2006, how reliable information is it, your opinion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

jewelhaque said:
Hello SFMARS !

Your inputs are highly appreciated.

I was told that BEC is planning to complete 45 DL within June 2006, how reliable information is it, your opinion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

I do not believe it.

But it is my own opinion only and I would be glad to be wrong in it,
although DBEC is picking up the speed of 45DL generating and approvals.

Thanks a lot ! One more request, when do you predict that they would be able to complete 45 DL.

sfmars said:
I do not believe it.

But it is my own opinion only and I would be glad to be wrong in it,
although DBEC is picking up the speed of 45DL generating and approvals.

status check

Does anyone have a idea on how to get some information regarding the case status by the assistant of employer? I never receive the 45 Day letter. I wonder it could be lost since our department move to a different address.

Is there a Dallas' email address or phone number is useful to request the status check?

Any suggestion is highly appreciate! :)

EB2/RIR
MO
PD: 06/14/2004
45 Day letter:never received

Your valuable coment

sfmars,
Thanks for remaining on forum even you are in I-140 stage.
I request your valuable comments on following,
My first labor is pending, IL EB-3, RIR, No 45 D letter.
My PERM EB-2 got approved last week.
My biggest problem is my son's green card. He will be completing 21 yrs on Nov.07, 2006. My lawyer says his green card can only be considered if my I-485 is filed before he age out (at 21 yrs)
Is there any way he can be cover under me for his green card?
Thanks again in advance.
sfmars said:
Second half of 2007.

REGEN status

Does anyone know how long it will take for a case to move from REGEN to data review or approved status.

My case got closed by mistake in September and was reinstated in November 2005 but I am still waiting for approval.

PD: 06/04/2003 RIR

undelivered said:
sfmars,
Thanks for remaining on forum even you are in I-140 stage.
I request your valuable comments on following,
My first labor is pending, IL EB-3, RIR, No 45 D letter.
My PERM EB-2 got approved last week.
My biggest problem is my son's green card. He will be completing 21 yrs on Nov.07, 2006. My lawyer says his green card can only be considered if my I-485 is filed before he age out (at 21 yrs)
Is there any way he can be cover under me for his green card?
Thanks again in advance.

undelivered,

Your lawyer is absolutely right. Only when I485 is filed the age is freezed for the dependant - unmarried children before 21.

I would keep everything ready for I485 to be able to file one before November 2006 if I were you.

It is shockingly but if you can not make it, to file I485 before his 21, you will be not able to file even H4 for him. Some of my friends did F1 student visa in this case. I hope you make it.

Thanks sfmars

Thank you sfmars,
Yes, he is going for F-1 status and I will prepare to file I-485. W'll see if luck favours.
sfmars said:
undelivered,

Your lawyer is absolutely right. Only when I485 is filed the age is freezed for the dependant - unmarried children before 21.

I would keep everything ready for I485 to be able to file one before November 2006 if I were you.

It is shockingly but if you can not make it, to file I485 before his 21, you will be not able to file even H4 for him. Some of my friends did F1 student visa in this case. I hope you make it.

Mine is EB3 instead of EB2

Gurus,
I just know that my company's lawyer filed EB3 for me instead of EB2. Actually the lawyer filed EB3 for every one with a Master degree in my company. I am very upset by this news.
Can anybody tells me - why mine is under EB3 category even though I got the Master degree before working?
Thanks a lot and good luck to everybody!

Kakakiki,

Here is what I understand: EB3 and EB2 match the job position, not necessarily your credentials. My non-IRI / TR application, dating back to April 2001, requires a BS in Engineering not a Masters that I earned in 1999. Hang in there an hope for the best.

kakakiki said:
Gurus,
I just know that my company's lawyer filed EB3 for me instead of EB2. Actually the lawyer filed EB3 for every one with a Master degree in my company. I am very upset by this news.
Can anybody tells me - why mine is under EB3 category even though I got the Master degree before working?
Thanks a lot and good luck to everybody!

Thank you xman for your reply!
Since I will start 7th year H1B soon, I am now considering Canada. Hoepfully life is easier there.

xman_74 said:
Kakakiki,

Here is what I understand: EB3 and EB2 match the job position, not necessarily your credentials. My non-IRI / TR application, dating back to April 2001, requires a BS in Engineering not a Masters that I earned in 1999. Hang in there an hope for the best.

coolestone said:
Folks,

Immigration Voice has started a webfax drive to highlight the inefficiencies of the DOL BECs. All those stuck at the Backlog Elimination Centers please send a fax using this facility. The link is:

http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_iv_webfax&task=getContactDetails&Itemid=46

You have to first register to send the fax.

Please do it ASAP.

Thanks
I just sent the fax... its like 5 clicks in all... they have made it really simple... make sure you select the state you have filed from ,.... not the state you live in.

sent fax too

I just send a fax too. Please keep on sending faxes!

Michigan, Non-IRI / TR (EB3)
April 2001 = PD
May 2004 = Michigan Department of Career Development rejects application.
July 2004 EE appeals job description and discrepancy with min prevailing wage
Dec 28, 2004 = Appeal moved to Dallas Backlog Elimination Center DBEC
March 2006 = Renew 7th H1-B Visa in Toronto-Canada
Unknown Date for 45-day letter.

Faithfully waiting.

updates

xman_74 said:
An update on PERM and BEC processing cases can be found here:

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_relper.htm
That link doesn't work. Takes me to the 'page not found' on Murthy.com !!! Can you please update it...

Update: Here is the update: (its html not htm)
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_relper.html

I guess this means that its better for ppl like me (in EB3) to file a new EB-2 PERM case... chances are much better that it will get approved soon and visa numbers will be available soon for EB2... !!! Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the correction. I also wonder if PERM will be any faster.

Quoting Murphy Com:

"Backlog Processing Center - Less than One Third Completed So Far
©MurthyDotCom

The backlog processing centers (BPCs) began with just over 363,000 labor certifications in the backlog. The DOL reports that 108,000 of these cases have been completed. There are at least 255,000 cases that have not been completed. Of those cases completed, approximately 50,000 have been certified. This does not mean that there have been high rates of BPC denials. We believe it reflects the fact that a case is deemed "complete" if the employer chooses not to go forward at the 45-day letter stage.
©MurthyDotCom
DOL believes that all special-handling cases have been identified and contacted. Full data entry for all cases still appears to be slated for a June 30, 2006 completion.

bingojohn said:
That link doesn't work. Takes me to the 'page not found' on Murthy.com !!! Can you please update it...

Update: Here is the update: (its html not htm)
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_relper.html

I guess this means that its better for ppl like me (in EB3) to file a new EB-2 PERM case... chances are much better that it will get approved soon and visa numbers will be available soon for EB2... !!! Any thoughts?