Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

How will DBEC process this case?

I am in a very unfortunate situation, and want your advice.

I work for a company. The headquarters of the company is in California. I live in Iowa, and every week I travel to Ohio to work at client site.

The company filed permanent labor certification in Ohio. The Ohio certifying officer refused to process the case because the company has no permanent office or other presence in Ohio. The case was eventually transferred to Dallas Backlog Elimination Center.

I cannot file a new LC application, as I reply on the priority date of this case to file 7th year H1B extension.

Will my case be denied simply because the company has no presence in Ohio?

Please help!!! Thank you in advance.

Chocolate said:
Even i received a e-mail from PBEC although my case is in DBEC i only receive mails from PBEC i asked for a screenshot for case status as i was worried my case is closed. i got a response that its awaiting review by a backlog elimination center analyst.
Sfmars can u help me here what does this mean? :confused:

My opinion is they put it on hold for some reasons.

additional info

sfmars said:
My opinion is they put it on hold for some reasons.

thanks for the reply. this is the message i got from PBEC.what does this mean?

The subject case has been received by the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center and is currently awaiting further review by a Backlog Elimination Center analyst.

sfmars any inputs. :confused:

If you get a reply like "The subject case has been received by the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center and is currently awaiting further review by a Backlog Elimination Center analyst. "... it is just an auto mated messaged. that mail do not validate the Content of your mail. so your case may exist or may not exist.. just to make sure send a mail with some junk... bla bla bla . you still get that message ...'The subject case....'.

Chocolate said:
thanks for the reply. this is the message i got from PBEC.what does this mean?

The subject case has been received by the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center and is currently awaiting further review by a Backlog Elimination Center analyst.

sfmars any inputs. :confused:

about keeping Priority Date

SFMARS, Can you please clarifiy this.. I have EB3 labor pending at DBEC with PD 2004. I would like file a new EB2 labor through PERM. assume that this PERM labor will get cleared before my EB3 come out of dbec. So, when I file I40 can I file with EB2 category and with Old PD( my EB3 PD). - I talked to two lawyers about this they said we can file. ..tell me you openion..

LCA2004FEB said:
SFMARS, Can you please clarifiy this.. I have EB3 labor pending at DBEC with PD 2004. I would like file a new EB2 labor through PERM. assume that this PERM labor will get cleared before my EB3 come out of dbec. So, when I file I40 can I file with EB2 category and with Old PD( my EB3 PD). - I talked to two lawyers about this they said we can file. ..tell me you openion..

You can not do it. If you file PERM and want to keep old PD, you can not change category in this case from EB3 to EB2, it should be EB3 PERM.

If you file new EB2 PERM you do not save PD.

The best option could be following: Wait when your LC with EB3 is cleared, file I-140 and since you got approval of I-140, your old PD of EB3 is yours forever(it does not matter which category EB2/EB3 will be next green card filing, PD is yours). After that file LC in EB2 category with changed position with requirements of MS and EB2 and use your old PD from before approved EB3 and I-140.

Last edited by a moderator:
CaptainPicard said:
Hi guys,
I've been looking into this forum for a few months and it seems all the approvals are coming for RIR cases. did anyone got any traditional approval in the last year?
Any idea where is the TR queue in Dallas?

Cheers

15th April 2006, 09:37 AM
saknia
Registered User Join Date: Nov 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianasteve
My PD is Sept 17, 2001
Moved to Dallas by March 2005
NON-RIR
7th yr on H1 B

Can any body tell me the status of the the NON-RIR cases please.
thanks

This is too bad . Someone from Sep 2001 still waiting.

DBEC is processing only RIR Cases and that is why it is at 2004 Now. If they have processed Non RIR Simaltaneously it should be some where in 2002. The diffrence in processing time for RIR and Non RIR should not be more than 6 months at any point of time ( meaning when they process RIR June 2002 they should be at Dec 2001 for Non RIR)

All Non RIR in DBEC should wake up and send Faxes and Mailos to all concerned in DBEC center to stop processing RIR until Non RIR is picked up and brought to a good level

PBEC is atleast is follwoing some FIFO when iot comes to RIR / Non RIR. DBEC has been unjust so far on this and people are watching not knowing what to do

Someone start letter campaign here please for this

Additional info

LCA2004FEB said:
If you get a reply like "The subject case has been received by the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center and is currently awaiting further review by a Backlog Elimination Center analyst. "... it is just an auto mated messaged. that mail do not validate the Content of your mail. so your case may exist or may not exist.. just to make sure send a mail with some junk... bla bla bla . you still get that message ...'The subject case....'.

yes even i thought so . the thing is my lawyer told me around 2 months back he received approvals from April 2004 cases.My case is with PD May 2004 .But how much ever i ask him he says wait for 1 more year it doesnt look like clearing before that .i am worried as i am from worldwide category and i can file perm anytime and i dont want to wait forever for this labor to clear .
also did the 45 day rule to file 140 come into effect.

sfmars said:
You can not do it. If you file PERM and want to keep old PD, you can not change category in this case from EB3 to EB2, it should be EB3 PERM.

The best option could be following: Wait when your LC with EB3 is cleared, file I-140 and since you got approval of I-140, your old PD of EB3 is yours forever(it does not matter which category EB2/EB3 will be next green card filing, PD is yours). After that file LC in EB2 category with changed position with requirements of MS and EB2 and use your old PD from before approved EB3 and I-140.

sfmars: question for you in my situation

1.Have LC: RIR/EB3 Dec 6th 2002(india) replied 45 day letter 2 months ago.

2. Have LC : RIR/EB2 Oct 28th 2003 replied 45 day letter 2 weeks ago.

If I understood right, after the EB3 LC is approved and have 140 approved. Meanwhile EB2 LC approves..can I use Dec 2002 PD filed in EB3 for concurrent filing of 140&485 for my EB2 LC, so I will be saving about 1 yr(2002 Dec to 2003 Oct Priority Date), by then if the dates become current fine, but else can this be done...?

waiting for your post..

StressTestInUSA said:
sfmars: question for you in my situation

1.Have LC: RIR/EB3 Dec 6th 2002(india) replied 45 day letter 2 months ago.

2. Have LC : RIR/EB2 Oct 28th 2003 replied 45 day letter 2 weeks ago.

If I understood right, after the EB3 LC is approved and have 140 approved. Meanwhile EB2 LC approves..can I use Dec 2002 PD filed in EB3 for concurrent filing of 140&485 for my EB2 LC, so I will be saving about 1 yr(2002 Dec to 2003 Oct Priority Date), by then if the dates become current fine, but else can this be done...?

waiting for your post..

Yes you can. Since your EB3 LC AND I-140 for 2002 is approved and you have copy of approval receipt in your hands, you can file I-140/485 EB2 for another company concurrently using old PD of EB3 2002

The only thing I would worry if I were you that DOL can make a final rule regarding 45 days filing of I-140 after approval LC.

LC Approved

Received my LC approval today. Details:

EB2/RIR
Dallas, TX
PD: 02/22/2005
45 Day letter rcvd. & replied: March 29th, 2006
LC Approved: 04/13/2006

Onto the 140 queue. Good luck to all.

sfmars said:
Yes you can. Since your EB3 LC AND I-140 for 2002 is approved and you have copy of approval receipt in your hands, you can file I-140/485 EB2 for another company concurrently using old PD of EB3 2002

The only thing I would worry if I were you that DOL can make a final rule regarding 45 days filing of I-140 after approval LC.

sfmars:

thanks for the response. Right now I am working with the EB3 employer. So when the LC is approved I can file the i140 within 45 days.(i.e still surviving this company for another min 1 to 1.5 yrs with this guy for LC approval + i140)

But I was just thinking when the i140 is approved for EB3 and file for i140/485 with the EB2 company keeping the EB3 PD of Dec 2002, need I be employed with them, that is my fear. If there is an opening at that time, I can squeeze in but if not, i am in trouble.

Can I file i140/485 with EB2 company though I am not employed with him..?

looking for your insight...

PERM with RIR on file

Sfmars and Gurus,

I have been a silent follower of this site for a few months now and have just realized that I should have started that a long time back. The reason of this epiphany being that I think that you guys are doing great work in spreading the awareness among the diaspora!

Here's my situation. I have a CA EB2 RIR PD of 12/2004. Back in sep 2005, my employer offered to file PERM on the condition that my RIR had to be withdrawn if i didnt want to retain PD (which i couldnt because the office address changed within the metropolitan area). Since back then the USCIS had just bombed us with retrogression, I thought it was important to retain the PD. Only later did i realize that i could file a new PERM without withdrawing the RIR and keep two PDs, one from each filing. Now I am thinking to get my legal dept to file a PERM for me though i would need some memo/faq from USCIS which states that a person can have both RIR and PERM application on file from same employer since I know this can be done but the legal dept would need some convincing.

Could you point me to any such document, if it exists?

And any estimates on when can my RIR PD see light of the day?

Would appreciate help!
AB
CA RIR EB2
PD: 12/2004
45-day letter: ?

StressTestInUSA said:
sfmars:

thanks for the response. Right now I am working with the EB3 employer. So when the LC is approved I can file the i140 within 45 days.(i.e still surviving this company for another min 1 to 1.5 yrs with this guy for LC approval + i140)

But I was just thinking when the i140 is approved for EB3 and file for i140/485 with the EB2 company keeping the EB3 PD of Dec 2002, need I be employed with them, that is my fear. If there is an opening at that time, I can squeeze in but if not, i am in trouble.

Can I file i140/485 with EB2 company though I am not employed with him..?

looking for your insight...

I do not see problems, ask them (EB2 people) to file consular processing, you will be fine.

ashirwadb said:
Sfmars and Gurus,

I have been a silent follower of this site for a few months now and have just realized that I should have started that a long time back. The reason of this epiphany being that I think that you guys are doing great work in spreading the awareness among the diaspora!

Here's my situation. I have a CA EB2 RIR PD of 12/2004. Back in sep 2005, my employer offered to file PERM on the condition that my RIR had to be withdrawn if i didnt want to retain PD (which i couldnt because the office address changed within the metropolitan area). Since back then the USCIS had just bombed us with retrogression, I thought it was important to retain the PD. Only later did i realize that i could file a new PERM without withdrawing the RIR and keep two PDs, one from each filing. Now I am thinking to get my legal dept to file a PERM for me though i would need some memo/faq from USCIS which states that a person can have both RIR and PERM application on file from same employer since I know this can be done but the legal dept would need some convincing.

Could you point me to any such document, if it exists?

And any estimates on when can my RIR PD see light of the day?

Would appreciate help!
AB
CA RIR EB2
PD: 12/2004
45-day letter: ?

I do not want to spend too much time looking for the specific document (but there is one even on this web site), but I know for sure that on August 25th 2005 DOL said that two applications are not possible PERM and BEC, however attorneys wrote a lot of letters to DOL to protest against that, and DOL backed off. You can try yourself to look for the document on the web site for the dates range 08/25/2005 - 09/04/2005.

Anyone knows more

Does anyone know when (if at all it does), will the bill come up to the senate for approval?

:confused:

Immigration News

Senate Panel Passes Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill

March 28, 2006

Yesterday, the Senate Judiciary Committee passed a comprehensive immigration reform bill that addresses the needs of U.S. businesses, workers and national security.

We applaud leaders in the Senate for approving a comprehensive immigration bill in the Judiciary Committee. The bill reflects the consensus of many national and local groups representing business, labor, religious organizations and immigrants rights advocates that the government must take a comprehensive approach to provide a real solution to our immigration problems.

The Committee proposal includes a number of important provisions:

1. An increase in the annual cap on H-1B visas to 115,000. If the 115,000 limit is reached in any fiscal year, the limit for the following year would be increased by 20%. The bill would exempt from the numerical limit (including the current 20,000 additional visas set aside for advance degree holders) advanced degree holders in the science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) fields.

2. An increase in the annual cap for employment-based (EB) visas from 140,000 to 290,000. The bill would exempt from the numerical limit advanced degree holders in STEM fields who have worked in a related field as a nonimmigrant for three or more years. The bill would also exempt outstanding researchers and professors, beneficiaries of "national interest" waivers, and family members of the principal applicant. Petitions filed on behalf of workers who hold STEM advanced degrees from U.S. institutions would be exempt from labor certification. Spouses and children of the principal applicants would not count against the quota. A guest worker program that would admit 400,000 new workers per year and would allow adjustment to permanent residence after four years.

3. A program that would permit currently out-of-status workers to remain in the U.S. and work for six years, and adjust to permanent residence by meeting certain requirements, such as payment of $2,000 in fines. The beneficiaries under this program would be required to go to the "back of the line" so as to not displace any applicants for lawful immigration.

4. The "DREAM Act" which would allow undocumented children who are accepted at a U.S. college or university or who wish to enlist in the military to
become permanent residents.

5. A requirement that intra-company transferees who enter the U.S. on an L-1 visa to start a new company only receive a one-year visa initially. After the first year, if the company demonstrates that it is legitimate, then the L visa may be extended. Spouses of the L-1 visa holder may not work during the first year.

6. An extension of the optional practical training (OPT) period to 24 months for students following graduation. The bill would create a new "F-4" visa class for students who come to the U.S. to seek an advanced degree in a STEM field. F-4 students would not be subject to the immigrant intent bar ("Section 214(b) bar") and would be given 18 months to find employment in the U.S. A direct path to permanent residence for F-4 students would be available with payment of a $2,000 fee.

7. Mandatory and universal participation in an electronic employment verification system within 5 years of enactment, beginning with employers in the critical infrastructure (e.g., power plants, airports) after the first 180 days and followed by employers of 5,000 persons or more after two years. Participating employers would enjoy "safe harbor" while failure to participate would be deemed a violation of laws prohibiting hiring unauthorized workers. The bill would retain current attestation requirements, but employers would be allowed to use electronic signature and storage. There would be increases in civil and criminal penalties for employing undocumented workers.

The Senate Judiciary Committee eliminated the controversial provision proposed by the House of Representatives that would have made unlawful status in the United States a criminal penalties on illegal immigrants. The Committee also approved an amendment that would protect church and charitable groups, as well as individuals, from criminal prosecution for providing food, shelter, medical care and counseling to undocumented immigrants.

Before the bill becomes law, it must go through debate by the full Senate. Should it be passed by the full Senate, it must be reconciled with the House of Representatives' bill, and then go to the president for his signature.

Hope it does soon.

peace4u said:
Does anyone know when (if at all it does), will the bill come up to the senate for approval?

:confused:

Immigration News

Senate Panel Passes Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill

March 28, 2006

Yesterday, the Senate Judiciary Committee passed a comprehensive immigration reform bill that addresses the needs of U.S. businesses, workers and national security.

We applaud leaders in the Senate for approving a comprehensive immigration bill in the Judiciary Committee. The bill reflects the consensus of many national and local groups representing business, labor, religious organizations and immigrants rights advocates that the government must take a comprehensive approach to provide a real solution to our immigration problems.

The Committee proposal includes a number of important provisions:

1. An increase in the annual cap on H-1B visas to 115,000. If the 115,000 limit is reached in any fiscal year, the limit for the following year would be increased by 20%. The bill would exempt from the numerical limit (including the current 20,000 additional visas set aside for advance degree holders) advanced degree holders in the science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) fields.

2. An increase in the annual cap for employment-based (EB) visas from 140,000 to 290,000. The bill would exempt from the numerical limit advanced degree holders in STEM fields who have worked in a related field as a nonimmigrant for three or more years. The bill would also exempt outstanding researchers and professors, beneficiaries of "national interest" waivers, and family members of the principal applicant. Petitions filed on behalf of workers who hold STEM advanced degrees from U.S. institutions would be exempt from labor certification. Spouses and children of the principal applicants would not count against the quota. A guest worker program that would admit 400,000 new workers per year and would allow adjustment to permanent residence after four years.

3. A program that would permit currently out-of-status workers to remain in the U.S. and work for six years, and adjust to permanent residence by meeting certain requirements, such as payment of $2,000 in fines. The beneficiaries under this program would be required to go to the "back of the line" so as to not displace any applicants for lawful immigration.

4. The "DREAM Act" which would allow undocumented children who are accepted at a U.S. college or university or who wish to enlist in the military to
become permanent residents.

5. A requirement that intra-company transferees who enter the U.S. on an L-1 visa to start a new company only receive a one-year visa initially. After the first year, if the company demonstrates that it is legitimate, then the L visa may be extended. Spouses of the L-1 visa holder may not work during the first year.

6. An extension of the optional practical training (OPT) period to 24 months for students following graduation. The bill would create a new "F-4" visa class for students who come to the U.S. to seek an advanced degree in a STEM field. F-4 students would not be subject to the immigrant intent bar ("Section 214(b) bar") and would be given 18 months to find employment in the U.S. A direct path to permanent residence for F-4 students would be available with payment of a $2,000 fee.

7. Mandatory and universal participation in an electronic employment verification system within 5 years of enactment, beginning with employers in the critical infrastructure (e.g., power plants, airports) after the first 180 days and followed by employers of 5,000 persons or more after two years. Participating employers would enjoy "safe harbor" while failure to participate would be deemed a violation of laws prohibiting hiring unauthorized workers. The bill would retain current attestation requirements, but employers would be allowed to use electronic signature and storage. There would be increases in civil and criminal penalties for employing undocumented workers.

The Senate Judiciary Committee eliminated the controversial provision proposed by the House of Representatives that would have made unlawful status in the United States a criminal penalties on illegal immigrants. The Committee also approved an amendment that would protect church and charitable groups, as well as individuals, from criminal prosecution for providing food, shelter, medical care and counseling to undocumented immigrants.

Before the bill becomes law, it must go through debate by the full Senate. Should it be passed by the full Senate, it must be reconciled with the House of Representatives' bill, and then go to the president for his signature.

Even i am hoping it does get approved. it will be big relief from all the endless wait in labor only.
PD.May 2004
RD 45 day letter Oct 2005
Case number D-05111-xxxxx
Approval-?I hope before my retirement.

SFMARS,
I do not have master .. is BS+5 years OK to file second labor(EB2). I believe we can only file one I-140. In that case If 140 is cleared through EB3 labor, how can I file another 140 from the second labor(EB2). Can I file 485 directly using this EB2 labor and EB3-140.?

sfmars said:

First approval for PD 2005

idasgupt said:
Received my LC approval today. Details:

EB2/RIR
Dallas, TX
PD: 02/22/2005
45 Day letter rcvd. & replied: March 29th, 2006
LC Approved: 04/13/2006

Onto the 140 queue. Good luck to all.

Congratulations Yours is the first approval for PD 2005, I saw in this thread. Will you please share more info? Is this a special handeling case? Is this regional case or SWA? What is your occupation? Are you in Helath care? Will you please share first 5 digits of your ETA No. please?

Thank You.

sfmars said:

sfmars,

I have a question on the same issue "keeping priority date"

I have one labour filed from my consulting company with PD 01/26/04(EB3 lying in DBEC). Obviuosly it is not approved yet. I have an offer from my client company for permanent position.

Question: If I join my client and apply labor in PERM, can I keep the old priority date which is 01/26/04 when I file I-140 from the new company I am planning to join? What all complexities, I can get into? Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.