Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

samcam said:
Got the final determination in mail today..

Here are the details:
PD: July 13, 2003
State: MO
ETA: D-05005-10XXX

One question though, the final determination letter said forms ETA 750 parts A&B are enclosed. But there was no enclosed documents. Will the enclosures be sent to the lawyer?

Answers appreciated.

Good luck to everybody waiting..

congratulations! What is the approved date on your letter?

Labor Application Closed and later Reopened and Approved

All

My Labor is approved - PD Nov 22 2002 - EB3, Tx. Initially in August i recieved a Screen shot which said the case was closed, i contacted my HR and the Lawyers, they took initiative and contacted the BEC regarding my case.
On thursday, October 20th my lawyer sent me a mail mentioning the approval and next steps..... anyways i will Apply for 140 and then wait to see what will happen with priority dates.

Can any one predict when dates will move to Nov 2002 ?

I want to thank every one in this forum for every little bit of information i recieved.

Note: If you see your case status as Closed, you have to proactively take action, otherwise you will be waiting for ever.

Experts! Need some advise please! :confused:

I know I am posting a question that is unrelated to this thread, but I am desperate, so please bear with me.
I am on H1B status and my 8th year extension has been filed based on the pending LC in the Dallas BEC. My 7th year extension period expires on 27-Feb-2006. I am planning to travel to India in the last week of Dec and since I do not currently have a visa stamp in my passport, I have taken a visa appointment in Toronto, Canada and will be appearing for the interview using my current H1B petition that expires on 27-FEB-2006. But my problem is that I have two children who are US Citizens and my wife is H4 status and I am not planning on taking my wife for the visa interview since I am planning to leave my wife and kids in India for about an year.
Since i have two children who are US Citizens and I also have a brother and sister who are GC holders, will I be perceived as a potential immigrant and denied my H1B visa? Is it too risky for me to step outside of the United States at this time given my overall status? Experts, help please! Appreciate your help and thanks in advance!

GCOnly said:
I know I am posting a question that is unrelated to this thread, but I am desperate, so please bear with me.
I am on H1B status and my 8th year extension has been filed based on the pending LC in the Dallas BEC. My 7th year extension period expires on 27-Feb-2006. I am planning to travel to India in the last week of Dec and since I do not currently have a visa stamp in my passport, I have taken a visa appointment in Toronto, Canada and will be appearing for the interview using my current H1B petition that expires on 27-FEB-2006. But my problem is that I have two children who are US Citizens and my wife is H4 status and I am not planning on taking my wife for the visa interview since I am planning to leave my wife and kids in India for about an year.
Since i have two children who are US Citizens and I also have a brother and sister who are GC holders, will I be perceived as a potential immigrant and denied my H1B visa? Is it too risky for me to step outside of the United States at this time given my overall status? Experts, help please! Appreciate your help and thanks in advance!

Your kids are not US Citizens. If they are born in US and got SSN and birth certificates did not make them US Citizens automatically, they have right at 18 or 21 years old (I do not remember exactly) to make a choice to acccept US Citizenship.

I do not see advantages/disadvantages in your case to get visa stamp taking into the account the birth place of your kids. Yes they will treat you as employment based immigrant because you have more than 6 years of your H1B. Simple question why did you spend more than 6 years on H1 and you have to tell them very sad story about back logs on the different steps of green card process.

If you finally decide to go to Canada for visa stamp could you tell me about your experience because I have kind of the same situation and I need visa stamp

Last edited by a moderator:
I recieved the approval letter on 10/19/2005, it was a big relief after waiting for 2yrs and 9months.. Any idea about how long I-140 takes to approve from Nebraska service center?

The approval of LCA seems to have picked up pace, so should you guys be recieving approval letters sooner, that'z my wish.

Wish you guys all the best

Regards

sfmars said:
Your kids are not US Citizens. If they are born in US and got SSN and birth certificates did not make them US Citizens automatically, they have right at 18 or 21 years old (I do not remember exactly) to make a choice to acccept US Citizenship.

I do not see advantages/disadvantages in your case to get visa stamp taking into the account the birth place of your kids. Yes they will treat you as employment based immigrant because you have more than 6 years of your H1B. Simple question why did you spend more than 6 years on H1 and you have to tell them very sad story about back logs on the different steps of green card process.

If you finally decide to go to Canada for visa stamp could you tell me about your experience because I have kind of the same situation and I need visa stamp

i think you are wrong kid who born here are US Citizens.

sfmars said:

Thank you sfmars, appreciate your response!
With all due respect, you are wrong with regards to my children being citizen or not. They are citizens by birth and they have their birth certificates here in the USA based on which they got their US passports. But, you bring up a good point about my being perceived as an Employment based immigrant since I am in my 7th year in H1B.
I shall consult my immigration lawyer and take her opinion on this matter.
And yes, if at all I end up going ahead with my Toronto trip for visa revalidation, I shall post my experience here. Thanks again!

GCOnly said:
Anyone in the forum here who have gotten their H1B visa revalidated at Toronto, CA while being in their 7th year or 8th year of extension? If yes, can you please post your experience? Thanks!

GCOnly said:

GCOnly,
F-1 and B-1 visas require the applicants to prove that they do not have immigrant intent. However, H-1B is a "dual intent" visa which means the applicant can have the intention of permanently immigrating to the US or going back to one's home country. The consular officer at a visa post cannot deny a H-1B visa stating that you are a potential permanent immigrant because there is no such restriction on H-1B visa as per the law (Immigration and Nationality Act of USA). So, don't worry about it unnecessarily.

I have seen many posts from members of this forum who got successful H-1B visa stamping in India / Canada although they were in 7th, 8th or even 9th year extensions. For more information, check the H-1B visa threads for postings about experiences in various consulates. As you already know, this is not the best thread to ask this question.

Best of luck!

mvinays said:
GCOnly,
F-1 and B-1 visas require the applicants to prove that they do not have immigrant intent. However, H-1B is a "dual intent" visa which means the applicant can have the intention of permanently immigrating to the US or going back to one's home country. The consular officer at a visa post cannot deny a H-1B visa stating that you are a potential permanent immigrant because there is no such restriction on H-1B visa as per the law (Immigration and Nationality Act of USA). So, don't worry about it unnecessarily.

I have seen many posts from members of this forum who got successful H-1B visa stamping in India / Canada although they were in 7th, 8th or even 9th year extensions. For more information, check the H-1B visa threads for postings about experiences in various consulates. As you already know, this is not the best thread to ask this question.

Best of luck!
Thanks mvinays, appreciate your reassuring response.
I did search the HB1 visas thread for stamping experiences in Canadian consulates but could not find any very recent post similar to my situation, so I thought of posting it here. Thank you once again for taking the time to respond to my post. Have a nice day and wish you all the luck in your GC odyssey.

detour said:
I recieved the approval letter on 10/19/2005, it was a big relief after waiting for 2yrs and 9months.. Any idea about how long I-140 takes to approve from Nebraska service center?

The approval of LCA seems to have picked up pace, so should you guys be recieving approval letters sooner, that'z my wish.

Regards

Do you know what is your approval date on the letter?

Thanks
-Amit

DesiGCMirage said:
I see someone with PD Sep2 ,2003 got their approval. CA/RIR/Eb2
LC approved of Sep, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangChung
Thanks for sharing. Pls add my info.

STATE SWA : CA
Category : EB2
RIR or Regular : RIR
PD : Sep 03 2003
RD : Oct 25 2004
Regional DOL : SF
New BEC Case no. : D-04321-xxxxx
45-day letter Date received : Yes
Case Status: RIR

Just got email from company attorney that my LC has been approved. No details yet. I'll update you guys once it is available. My info is quoted above. Thank you guys so much for sharing all the good and bad news during this difficult time. It really makes this long endless waiting a little bit easier. Good luck to the guys still waiting. Hope you all get yours pretty soon.

GCOnly said:
Thanks mvinays, appreciate your reassuring response.
I did search the HB1 visas thread for stamping experiences in Canadian consulates but could not find any very recent post similar to my situation, so I thought of posting it here. Thank you once again for taking the time to respond to my post. Have a nice day and wish you all the luck in your GC odyssey.

Last year, I had to go to Canada for the "Landing" purpose of my Canadian PR. The visa stamped on my passport had already expired, however, I did had the valid H1 extension. Hence, I applied for the visa at Toronto Consulate. Though, I was already in the 6th year of my H1 and had a US born child, the Consulate in Toronto did not ask me about my immigration intensions.

Hope this helps.

SPP
PD: 03/11/2004
45 Day Letter: :confused:

140 is REALLY fast in Nebraska center. It takes about 1.5 months currently to process 140 (many people got it in less than a month). It's nowhere as bad as the labor wait that you had to endure.

Good luck.

detour said:

Regards

spp1234 said:
Last year, I had to go to Canada for the "Landing" purpose of my Canadian PR. The visa stamped on my passport had already expired, however, I did had the valid H1 extension. Hence, I applied for the visa at Toronto Consulate. Though, I was already in the 6th year of my H1 and had a US born child, the Consulate in Toronto did not ask me about my immigration intensions.

Hope this helps.

SPP
PD: 03/11/2004
45 Day Letter: :confused:
It does help indeed, thanks SPP

Congratulations!!

Could you tell us how long it took them to reinstate your case? Also did they send you any notification once they put your case back on track? If you/your attorney did receive that letter how long it took to get the approval after that?

Thanks in advance.

nov_2002 said:
All

My Labor is approved - PD Nov 22 2002 - EB3, Tx. Initially in August i recieved a Screen shot which said the case was closed, i contacted my HR and the Lawyers, they took initiative and contacted the BEC regarding my case.
On thursday, October 20th my lawyer sent me a mail mentioning the approval and next steps..... anyways i will Apply for 140 and then wait to see what will happen with priority dates.

Can any one predict when dates will move to Nov 2002 ?

I want to thank every one in this forum for every little bit of information i recieved.

Note: If you see your case status as Closed, you have to proactively take action, otherwise you will be waiting for ever.