Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I-140 approvals

WhyThisDelay said:
140 is REALLY fast in Nebraska center. It takes about 1.5 months currently to process 140 (many people got it in less than a month). It's nowhere as bad as the labor wait that you had to endure.

Good luck.

please tell me how can we see the processing date of Nebraska for I-140. the official site shows that they are processing 1 st may 2004. but the above quote says you got the approval in 1.5 months.how you come to know that your I-140 is approved.please explain.can we apply I-485 when I-140 is pending,if visa no. available? please reply.
thanks in advance.
Jc_gc
PD-4/14/2003
labor approved-Sep-2005.
letter received-oct 4th 2005
but my attorney not yet received the original, so waiting for it.

detour said:
I recieved the approval letter on 10/19/2005, it was a big relief after waiting for 2yrs and 9months.. Any idea about how long I-140 takes to approve from Nebraska service center?

The approval of LCA seems to have picked up pace, so should you guys be recieving approval letters sooner, that'z my wish.

Wish you guys all the best

Regards

Congratulations!. Don't forget to update your signatures:)

Labor Approved - Nebraska Service Center

Dear Friends,
Honestly speaking, I did not venture out about posting the information, so I did not know how to post mine which might help others

My labor got approved on OCT-21-2005.

Here are the details
Filed Date: (PD): Sep-03-2003
State Cleared on: Jan-27-2004
Went to Federal and then to DBEC

45 day letter on Feb-24-2005.

Labor got approved on Oct-21-2005

State: IL
Case: EB3/RIR

Any questions please e-mail me at Ravi_4343@yahoo.com
Please feel free.

I have a question. I filed another labor in EB2 on Sep-01-2005.

Expecting the approval status by Dec-31-2005 (max period)

For I-140 filing, should I go with EB2 or EB3 filing

Suggest me honestly and correctly

Thank you,
Ravi_4343@yahoo.com
C: 917-670-2021

Vikes said:
Congratulations!!

Could you tell us how long it took them to reinstate your case? Also did they send you any notification once they put your case back on track? If you/your attorney did receive that letter how long it took to get the approval after that?

Thanks in advance.

As i have mentioned earlier, i found out in August that the application was closed, i immdly contaced HR and Lawyers, i beleieve they took instant action and i saw th eresults last week.
We did not recieve any letter, i found out only after asking for the 7th year proof otherwise i would have kept on waiting and waiting.

Does the 140 have any dependency with EB3? Or doesn’t matter

Wondering – the 140 of a EB3 does comes under “Skilled work or Professional” or “Advanced Degree or exceptional ability” – OR this doesn’t matter?? Coz reading different timings

Will we be getting a case # for 140 filing (any acknowledgement to the candidate?) Appreciate your inputs

s_chicago said:
really!
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Nebraska

says May 01, 2004. from where you got this? please share your source.

mvinays said:
GCOnly,
F-1 and B-1 visas require the applicants to prove that they do not have immigrant intent. However, H-1B is a "dual intent" visa which means the applicant can have the intention of permanently immigrating to the US or going back to one's home country. The consular officer at a visa post cannot deny a H-1B visa stating that you are a potential permanent immigrant because there is no such restriction on H-1B visa as per the law (Immigration and Nationality Act of USA). So, don't worry about it unnecessarily.

I have seen many posts from members of this forum who got successful H-1B visa stamping in India / Canada although they were in 7th, 8th or even 9th year extensions. For more information, check the H-1B visa threads for postings about experiences in various consulates. As you already know, this is not the best thread to ask this question.

Best of luck!
Hello mvinays/experts!
I shall soon be going to Toronto for visa stamping based on my 7th year extension, can anyone please tell me if I need to fill out the DS156 form saying "yes" to the question related to filing of Immigration petition. Since only LC has been filed on my behalf and it is still pending, I think I need to fill out as "No" to that question in DS156 form. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks in advance!

I had my H1B 7th Year extension stamped at Ottawa US consulate on October 11th 2005. My Labor is pending at BEC, i have filled 'YES' to filing of Immigration petition.

There were no questions asked about pending labor. All they asked was are you working for same employer ?
My earlier visa stampings were for same employer.

Goodluck.

Thanks

GCOnly said:
Hello mvinays/experts!
I shall soon be going to Toronto for visa stamping based on my 7th year extension, can anyone please tell me if I need to fill out the DS156 form saying "yes" to the question related to filing of Immigration petition. Since only LC has been filed on my behalf and it is still pending, I think I need to fill out as "No" to that question in DS156 form. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks in advance!

GCOnly said:
Hello mvinays/experts!

My understanding is that you will say "No" . You have only applied for labor and not yet for the adjustment of status.

How you got the news

RaviLothumalla said:
Dear Friends,
Honestly speaking, I did not venture out about posting the information, so I did not know how to post mine which might help others

My labor got approved on OCT-21-2005.

Here are the details
Filed Date: (PD): Sep-03-2003
State Cleared on: Jan-27-2004
Went to Federal and then to DBEC

45 day letter on Feb-24-2005.

Labor got approved on Oct-21-2005

State: IL
Case: EB3/RIR

Any questions please e-mail me at Ravi_4343@yahoo.com
Please feel free.

I have a question. I filed another labor in EB2 on Sep-01-2005.

Expecting the approval status by Dec-31-2005 (max period)

For I-140 filing, should I go with EB2 or EB3 filing

Suggest me honestly and correctly

Thank you,
Ravi_4343@yahoo.com
C: 917-670-2021

Hi

If you say your case was approved on 21st October, then How did you receive this news?

Did you get a letter saying ti is approved or sent them an email?

PLease let us know.

'Extraordinary ability' is not eb2. Only eb1 comes under 'Extraordinary ability’ category. I think WhyThisDelay is refering Vermount info wrongly as Nebraska.
People of Vermount SC is getting quick approvals now a days.

MDwatch said:
WhyThisDelay is in the EB2 category for which the current processing date for 140 at the NSC is august 1st 2005 .... that is where he gets the 1.5 month. for EB3, the processing date is indeed may 1st 2004.

:rolleyes:

Thanks UG and INGC for your responses. I am still confused. So, I will seek a professional advice anyway on what I need to fill out in the DS156 form about filing of Immigration Petition on my behalf.

no more screenshoots??

In response to my email request for 7th year extension I have received nicely formatted HTML email with ETA DOL header containing these fields only:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Case Information

ETA Case Number:
D-05083-5****
Priority Date:
08/15/2002

Processing Type:
RIR
Case Source:
Region

Employer Name:
Business Activity:
COMP. CONSULTING SERVICES & SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT

Occupation Title:
Software Engineer
Occupation Code:

Rate of Pay:
Prevailing Wage:

Alien Name:
Visa Type:
H-1B

Nationality or Citizenship:
Case Received Date:
03/24/2005
Processing Center:
Dallas Backlog Elimination Center

---------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it. No status, no screenshot. Is it my bad luck or they just stopped sending screenshots that has status? And I have no idea why my case is still not processed with PD August, 2002.

airman said:
In response to my email request for 7th year extension I have received nicely formatted HTML email with ETA DOL header containing these fields only:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Case Information

ETA Case Number:
D-05083-5****
Priority Date:
08/15/2002

Processing Type:
RIR
Case Source:
Region

Employer Name:
Business Activity:
COMP. CONSULTING SERVICES & SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT

Occupation Title:
Software Engineer
Occupation Code:

Rate of Pay:
Prevailing Wage:

Alien Name:
Visa Type:
H-1B

Nationality or Citizenship:
Case Received Date:
03/24/2005
Processing Center:
Dallas Backlog Elimination Center

---------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it. No status, no screenshot. Is it my bad luck or they just stopped sending screenshots that has status? And I have no idea why my case is still not processed with PD August, 2002.

They stopped giving the case status. It is not uncommon. BTW, what state did you file from ? 2002 appears to be really old PD and you should have heard some thing by now

hi all..
Q1) CA EB3/ RIR, cleared state.
pd 05/21/03.. screen shot says.. case status= data review? 45DL replied back in Feb'05....anybody in the same boat?what should we do?

Q2) The original 750A/B application filed with PD 05/21/03 has some typo error..
.. how can i resolve these errors?

Q3) if i apply through perm now, will i be able to keep my original PD?

DesiGCMirage said:
They stopped giving the case status. It is not uncommon. BTW, what state did you file from ? 2002 appears to be really old PD and you should have heard some thing by now

It's TX, RIR. Reached regional DOL in Feb, 2003. Yes it looks old. What can I do? Just have to wait.

UG. said:
My understanding is that you will say "No" . You have only applied for labor and not yet for the adjustment of status.

i second that. i had the same question when i went for my visa stamping last year and consulted my lawyers as i was unsure about it. the answer to that question is no.

D-04321-xxxxx became T-05221-xxxx after few months -- HELP

I made an inquiry to h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us and h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us Backlog Centers regarding the status of my case last Aug 2005. I had an ETA case no. of D-04321-xxxxx and the case status then was RIR. But when I made an inquiry today to the same email address, the new info that I received was my ETA Case no. is now T-05221-xxxx. The occupation title, rate pay, occupation code are now empty. The words case status are not even existing. What does this mean? Please help me understand it?

Thanks.

batang_tx said:
I made an inquiry to h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us and h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us Backlog Centers regarding the status of my case last Aug 2005. I had an ETA case no. of D-04321-xxxxx and the case status then was RIR. But when I made an inquiry today to the same email address, the new info that I received was my ETA Case no. is now T-05221-xxxx. The occupation title, rate pay, occupation code are now empty. The words case status are not even existing. What does this mean? Please help me understand it?

Thanks.

I have seen it changing from T to D. (T is when it is in abbreviated data entry stage) But this is baffling....