Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Carefree said:
Hi GCOnly, lateguy & other experts:

I've been wondering when viewing your posts, is it that if you get your visa stamped in Canada you don't have to go through the process with US Immigration service center to extend your H1-visa anymore? In another word by doing this you avoid the fees and waiting time for your H1&H4 extension? Do you get one year extended since your last H1 expiration date? I hope I didn't ask a dumb question here :)
Visa stamping follows after the process with US Immigration Service Center, not the other way around. You get the visa stamp based on the approved I797 petition from the US Immigration Service Center. Nothing can get done in this country or anywhere else without a fee, my friend. So, there's just no easy way around, especially with regards to Immigration. One can only wish what you thought were true. he he he he!

Help Help Help Helpppppppppppppp

batang_tx said:
I made an inquiry to h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us and h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us Backlog Centers regarding the status of my case last Aug 2005. I had an ETA case no. of D-04321-xxxxx and the case status then was RIR. But when I made an inquiry today to the same email address, the new info that I received was my ETA Case no. is now T-05221-xxxx. The occupation title, rate pay, occupation code are now empty. The words case status are not even existing. What does this mean? Please help me understand it?

Thanks.

I just talked to our lawyer in the phone. He is not sure why I my case number changed from D to T but he is thinking that since I have two LC applications (one in Cali and one in Texas), these two case numbers are for these two states. He has received 45 day letters to California app and the case no. D-04321-xxxxx. He hasn't received 45 days letter for Texas LC app yet, so I am thinking that T-05221-xxxx case no. if for Texas app but how can I be sure that this is what's happening and that Dallas BEC did not make a mistake. I asked my lawyer to call BEC to verify but he said that he doesn't know the email address or phone no. to contact. Please, helppppp. Those who have their lawyers already contacted BEC, please let me know how to contact them so I can give the info to our lawyer. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Re:Labor Application Closed and later Reopened and Approved

nov_2002 said:
All

My Labor is approved - PD Nov 22 2002 - EB3, Tx. Initially in August i recieved a Screen shot which said the case was closed, i contacted my HR and the Lawyers, they took initiative and contacted the BEC regarding my case.
On thursday, October 20th my lawyer sent me a mail mentioning the approval and next steps..... anyways i will Apply for 140 and then wait to see what will happen with priority dates.

Can any one predict when dates will move to Nov 2002 ?

I want to thank every one in this forum for every little bit of information i recieved.

Note: If you see your case status as Closed, you have to proactively take action, otherwise you will be waiting for ever.

nov-2002, can please ask your lawyer or HR how did they contact the backlog center? I asked our lawyer to contact BEC but he said that he doesn't know the info (email address/tel no.) to contact them. Please helppppp. Thank you.

Date Code - Case Number

sunofeast_GC said:
Any body got approval with ETA Case number: D-05147-xxx ?

I would call the case number some sort of date code, much like the one used in manufacturing process. The case numbers are given when the DBEC opens the files and have a wide spread of PDs due to disparities previously at the state level. Thus the case number will have no bearing to indicate when a case will be approved under a FIFO system.

Is this good or bad for new i-130?

CSC Update for I-130 Cases

The Texas and Nebraska Service Centers will be forwarding their new I-130s to the California Service Center for processing. These cases will receive CSC receipts, and, in this case to check processing time on the applications, applicants should monitor the processing time reports for California, rather than for the service center that transferred the cases. Filings should continue to be made at the service center having regular jurisdiction, and that service center will forward the cases to CSC. The arrangement with respect to NSC cases is expected to be temporary, but may be permanent as regards TSC.

In addition, TSC will be transferring pending immediate relative I-130s and family-based I-130s with current priority dates to California. CSC will not be issuing receipts on these, but applicants should receive a transfer notice indicating that the case has been shipped if it is transferred. Once the case is transferred, processing times for CSC, not TSC will apply.

Is it still possible to have RIR and PERM pending in parallel.

I know that DOL came up with a rule to not have a PERM filed for an existing RIR applicant, but later reverted that rule. I am not sure if it still is a good idea to file a PERM app without withdrawing an RIR application. Would I definitly loose my RIR PD?

Second question, how soon do people think EB2 for countries other than india china will start getting backlogged like EB3?

Thanks.

afarrukh said:

The Texas and Nebraska Service Centers will be forwarding their new I-130s to the California Service Center for processing. These cases will receive CSC receipts, and, in this case to check processing time on the applications, applicants should monitor the processing time reports for California, rather than for the service center that transferred the cases. Filings should continue to be made at the service center having regular jurisdiction, and that service center will forward the cases to CSC. The arrangement with respect to NSC cases is expected to be temporary, but may be permanent as regards TSC.

In addition, TSC will be transferring pending immediate relative I-130s and family-based I-130s with current priority dates to California. CSC will not be issuing receipts on these, but applicants should receive a transfer notice indicating that the case has been shipped if it is transferred. Once the case is transferred, processing times for CSC, not TSC will apply.

What is I-130 for ?

afarrukh said:

Good for Nebraska/Texas SC and bad for California SC.
I think they want to balance work force and processing speed in the different centers.

Potentialy it can improve Nebraska/Texas speed for all applications and slow down California.

DesiGCMirage said:
What is I-130 for ?
I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative)
------------------

U.S. citizens to petition for their spouse and children of any age

U.S. citizens to petition for their brothers and sisters

U.S. citizens to petition for their parents

Green Card holders to petition for their spouse and unmarried children of any age

Recent widows or widowers of U.S. citizens

Stepchildren of U.S. citizens, if the marriage creating the parent-child relationship took place before the child's 18th birthday

Stepparents of U.S. citizens, if the marriage creating the parent-child relationship took place before the U.S. citizen's 18th birthday

Labor approved.

My lawyer notified me this morning that my labor was approved by Dallas BEC.

Here is my information:

State: OH
DOL: Chicago DOL
Type: EB3/RIR
PD: 09/15/2003
RD: 09/22/2004
Case Number: D-05018-XXXXX
45-days letter received/replied: April 2005

Thanks for all the participants of this forum to share their information. That really makes this process less painful.

Mach3

SWA case estimates

Any guesstimates on how long it will take DBEC to start processing cases transferred to it by SWAs, cases that never made it to regional DOL?

Has anybody with application sent by CA SWA to DBEC gotten a 45-day letter?

DBEC will soon start working on SWA Cases

CA_Man_In_Labor said:
Any guesstimates on how long it will take DBEC to start processing cases transferred to it by SWAs, cases that never made it to regional DOL?

As per the latest spread sheet made by JustWatching it looks like less than 50% cases made to regional DOL with PD late 2003, entire 2004 and early 2005.

DBEC cleard most of the cases up to September 2003 so I guess DBEC will soon start working on SWA Cases. We should expect 45 Day letters soon.

but there are people like late_twenties Never received 45 Day letters and got approvals so I don't know what to expect :confused:

I don't think DBEC will clear all regional cases first with later PDs leaving old SWA Cases. I think now DBEC will work Simultaneously on both Regional and SWA cases. ???

Spet 26,2003

Mine is sept 26,2003 , how soon to go???!!!

mach3 said:
My lawyer notified me this morning that my labor was approved by Dallas BEC.

Here is my information:

State: OH
DOL: Chicago DOL
Type: EB3/RIR
PD: 09/15/2003
RD: 09/22/2004
Case Number: D-05018-XXXXX
45-days letter received/replied: April 2005

Thanks for all the participants of this forum to share their information. That really makes this process less painful.

Mach3

Where can we check the processing dates of BECs?

I have a question here, where can we find about the dates of cases on which Backlog Reduction centers are working upon? I see updates from fellow memebrs in which they mention that the BEC this month is processing cases from this date, how do they know that? can someone point me to that?

thanks in advacne

send 7th year h1 extension email to BEC

Send 7th year h1 extension email to BEC
sms10k said:
I have a question here, where can we find about the dates of cases on which Backlog Reduction centers are working upon? I see updates from fellow memebrs in which they mention that the BEC this month is processing cases from this date, how do they know that? can someone point me to that?

thanks in advacne

They just send you the screen shot of your application in their system. That doesn't tell you anything about the status of the backlog centers. The information From Murthy's website is they are sending approvals without a proper FIFO.

the said:
Send 7th year h1 extension email to BEC

Retrogression

Hello my friends,
I know this is not the correct forum to post this request but i need your help.

Can someone tell me when is the annual recess of Congress.

I just read that since the Immigration Reform Bill is attached to the Budget Reconciliation Act, it is expected that the Congress may act before it goes into the annual recess. Once it is enacted into law, it is anticipated that the numbers may run out fairly quickly.

Thanks and Regards

Cases from Oct'03 to Feb'04

Hi Dlicateone,

There are substantial amount of cases whose PD between Oct'03 to Feb'04 and reached to Regional DOL. I have seen from this forum for members like dSungandhi etc., whose PD is Dec'03 which made regional as well waiting for approval. The database JustWatching provided is having the cases which made it to Dallas Regional DOL, but it does not have the data for the cases which made it to Chicago and SFO DOL's. With the pattern the approvals are coming from DBEC it is clear that they are processing regional cases based on FIFO however there are some gaps in approvals and slowly those gaps are also fillingup like there are some guys whose PDs are from 2002 and early 2003 did't get approval when the Q was at their respective PD's now they started getting, I have seen couple of approvals for the past two weeks. If you refer to page 111 of this tracker you will see the cases from Oct'03 to Aut'04 which are made it regional but the number of cases are not many compared to 2002 and early and mid of 2003. If this speed continues then DBEC might clear remaing regional RIR cases by end of this year and start processing SWA cases. If they are really processing only regional RIR cases then they would finish all the regional RIR cases though the PD might be early 2004. With this atleast they would be in a position to claim that they finished Regional RIR cases which is one milestone.

Delicateone
Registered User Join Date: May 2005

DBEC will soon start working on SWA Cases

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Man_In_Labor

As per the latest spread sheet made by JustWatching it looks like less than 50% cases made to regional DOL with PD late 2003, entire 2004 and early 2005.

DBEC cleard most of the cases up to September 2003 so I guess DBEC will soon start working on SWA Cases. We should expect 45 Day letters soon.

but there are people like late_twenties Never received 45 Day letters and got approvals so I don't know what to expect

I don't think DBEC will clear all regional cases first with later PDs leaving old SWA Cases. I think now DBEC will work Simultaneously on both Regional and SWA cases. ???
Case Source: State (California)
Case Received Date: 7/30/05
Case Status: Data Review
45-day-letter: ?