Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Few questions

I have discovered this forum recently and am excited to see there is so much new information everyday.

I am hoping that some of you can help me answer a few of my questions. My 7th year H1 extension is approaching soon. A number of people here have been able to get a screenshot from BEC by emailing directly. The questions I have is that

1. Where can I get my case number? My HR refused to give me one saying that it is against the company policy? Is it common?
2. Is it possible to get a screen shot without the case number? What is the minimum information required to get a screen shot?
3. Is a new case number generated after the 45-day letter is received? Is there a different number before that?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
----------------------------------------------------
Priority date: May 10 2004
State: IL
RIR/EB3

kk262 said:
Got the message and approval copy today from my previous employer...

Question for you guys!

This is the labor from my previous employer. For filing I140 is that necessary we need to give W2 and Paystub. I'm thinking of going back to him in January.
But like to file the I140 now itself before joining back to him.
jamiw75 said:
Is this true? I am in the same boat, from what I have asked my lawyer, sounds like it should be OK because GC is for future job, my LC may come very soon, and I plan to back to my 1st employer, I am questioning about this, should I back to my 1st employee before file 140? as I know 140 need several pay stub right?
I ma just curious if I back to my first employer, how can I take advantage of AC21, I am in Eb3 , a bad nightmare too

For filing I-140 you don't need pay stubs and you need not be working for the employer filing 140 (because GC is for future employment as per law). However the company will have to provide tax returns or audited balance sheets which should prove that the company had enough profits or surplus assets to pay the wages as certified in the LC from the date of filing for the LC if the employee was hired at that time itself - proof of genuine requirement and capability to pay. This is where actual paystubs become useful (ie. even if the company did not have profit or surplus, if they had already paid the certified - profered wages - to you then that is enough proof of capability to pay).

You do not loose priority dates. The priority date of the LC will be your PD on the 140 also.

info

rax11 said:
I have discovered this forum recently and am excited to see there is so much new information everyday.

I am hoping that some of you can help me answer a few of my questions. My 7th year H1 extension is approaching soon. A number of people here have been able to get a screenshot from BEC by emailing directly. The questions I have is that

1. Where can I get my case number? My HR refused to give me one saying that it is against the company policy? Is it common?
2. Is it possible to get a screen shot without the case number? What is the minimum information required to get a screen shot?
3. Is a new case number generated after the 45-day letter is received? Is there a different number before that?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
----------------------------------------------------
Priority date: May 10 2004
State: IL
RIR/EB3
Welcome to the great Forum!
First, I would suggest you to take some time and go thru (if possbile) all the messages posted. This will enhance your GC/LC related knowledge considerably.
Answers to your questions:
1. Case number can be determined by (a) Sending an email to DBEC or PBEC if you are ready to file for 7th Year H1 extension. (b) If your lawyer/employer has alredy recd. 45 day letter, the case number would be indicated on it. The screen shot they send would have your case number in it . Starts with 'D' if your case is in Dallas BEC , Starts with 'P' if your case is in Philly BEC. (BEC=Backlog Elimination Center). 'T' indicates that your case has been partially entered and are waiting on 45 day letter reply.
Some compnies do have policy to withhold the information, not quite common, but I have heard from several friends who are employed in Fortune 100 Comapnies and their GC fees are paid by company.

2. Screenshot without case number is certainly possible. Screenshots are requested if H1 7th year extension application needs to be filed. I would discourage you if you are not near filing 7th year ext. Though several people in this forum requested despite they did not need the screen shot for 7th year ext. and they got it too. you will need a) Your First, Middle, Last name
b) Name and address of your employer c) SWA name (state where your case was filed from) d) PD (Priority Date). The screenshot request can be sent to h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us AND/OR h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us

3. The new case number is genereated when your case get entered. It starts with 'T' and once 45 day letters is replied back by your employer/Attorney the case either turns in 'D' (for Dallas) or 'P' for Philly.

Hope these helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Senate Judiciary Committee passed immigration proposals

Similar/some more info from www.immigration-law.com

http://www.immigration-law.com/Visa Retrogression Q&A.html

Q82: The Senate Judiciary Committee passed immigration proposals yesterday, October 20, 2005. I see that one of the proposals includes a provision that allows aliens to apply for I-485 before an immigrant visa number is deemed currently available. Can you tell me whether this provision will apply to those whose labor certification has already been approved or I-140 petition has been approved, but could not file I-485 applications? A: We do not have details of this specific provision, but it is almost certain that the current waiters for the visa number availability to file I-485 may be covered by this bill if it is enacted into law. Besides, all those over 300,000 labor certification beneficiaries who are currently stuck at the Backlog Centers will be able to file the concurrent I-140/I-485 together with applications for EAD and Advance Parole as soon as their labor certification is approved. For the PERM filers, of course, they will be able to file such concurrent I-140/I-485/I-765/I-131 as soon as the PERM application is certified. All those RIR and PERM beneficiaries will also be allowed to change employment after 180 days of filing of their I-485 applications regardless of the visa number availability! One interesting question is how this bill affect the importance of priority date. The answer is that it will drastically reduce the value of the priority date in that the only difference which the priority date will make between those who filed (RIR)with an earlier priority date and those who filed (PERM) with a much later priority date will be just different waiting times. When it comes to the immigration benefits, such as EAD, AP, and AC21 change of employment after 180 days, the people in these two different groups will enjoy the same! What a marvellous proposal!
Q83: I am not too familiar with the legistrative process. Now, the Senate passed the immigration proposals yesterday, October 20, 2005. Does it mean that probably next month, I will be able to file I-485 application? A: Under the Constitution of the United States, either House (House of Representatives or Senate) can initiate the legislative process in most cases. Or the two Houses can initiate the legislative process simultaneously. Within each House, the bill is first introduced and goes through the relevant Committees and Subcommittees. The Committees' bill is then presented to the full floor of that House. Statistically, the full floor usually rubber stamps the Committee bills in most cases. Accordingly, the major struggle lies with the Committee actions. If one House initiates alone, the bill moves to another House for its action. In the another House, a same process will take place before the another House either amend and pass or reject the bill or just approve the bill. Where two Houses initiate similar bills either simultaneously or sequentially, and the two Houses passe similar bills with difference in some provisions, then the bills go to the Conference committee that is consisted of the House and the Senate. If the Conference Committe reaches a compromise, the bill then goes back to each House and the full floor of each House will either pass or reject it. Statistically, rejection of the Conference committee compromise is very rare. Once the bill is finally passed by the two Houses, then it is presented to the President for his signature. The President has a power either to consent and sign it into law or veto the bill within 10 days. The so called "statute" or "law" takes effect "upon President's signature." Accordingly, even if the Congress passed a bill, there will be no law until the President signs it into law. This legislative process will tell you two things. The bill which the Judiciary Committee in one House, the Senate, passed yesterday is not a law. Second, for this bill to become a law, there is a long road ahead and will go though a painful struggle in both Houses. Roll up your sleeves and work on lobbying!!

IllinoisGC said:
I’m glad to be part of a great forum – thanks to each of you (cant forget to mention great contributors GP, JustWatching and many more, also the sponsor Rajiv Khanna & co) made each day of wait a little easier! :)

Congurats..man...

My question is why the hell they are not approving LC from CA.

2'aug03

My PD is 05/02 and file from SD. 45 day letter reply in 03/05 and Screen Shot status RIR in 07/05. My 6th yr H1 will be over in 02/06.

I filed PERM (EB3) last month and approved in 1 week. Received hard copy in 2 weeks. I am filing I 140 now. Bad thing is I cannot file I485 due to visa not available. PD become 09/05. This is bad.

I file PERM from the same company. Preparation for PERM took 4 months.
I hope this info will help.

LC of Sep, 2003 Approved

LC of Sep, 2003 approved. See details in the link below.

I've been a silent reader of this great forum for long time. I enjoyed reading each single post of you everyday. Thank you all so much for the information shared here. Special thanks for the great contributors GP111, JustWatching, Icarus and many more of you. Good luck to all the guys still waiting. Hope you all get yours pretty soon. :D :D :D

http://boards.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=1280333&postcount=1805

You might be better off waiting for your older LC approval. It may take a few months, but the wait might be worth it.

With this new PERM LC approval, you may file and receive 140 approval, but then you'll have to wait for years to file 485.

Think about it, before filing 140.

NS0502 said:
My PD is 05/02 and file from SD. 45 day letter reply in 03/05 and Screen Shot status RIR in 07/05. My 6th yr H1 will be over in 02/06.

I filed PERM (EB3) last month and approved in 1 week. Received hard copy in 2 weeks. I am filing I 140 now. Bad thing is I cannot file I485 due to visa not available. PD become 09/05. This is bad.

I file PERM from the same company. Preparation for PERM took 4 months.
I hope this info will help.

Labor approved!!

Sfmars and experts.
I received the Final dertermination letter in my mail box saying my ETA 750 is approved. It got the date of Oct 13th. It got approved within three weeks or so after replying the 45 day letter
Thanks folks, for providing accurate analysed information on day to day basis.
My Lawyer did not get the 750 A&B yet. Will there be an delay for them to receive it? I believe we need it for filing I-140.

thanks,
AAnya.

What is Date of Acceptance?

I have received a 45 day letter from Dallas BEC. It says June 17 2004 is the date of acceptance. My case should have been filed in March 2004 according to my employer. Is this date the date of filing? Can some one tell me what does that date mean.

Thanks.

WangChung said:
LC of Sep, 2003 approved. See details in the link below.

I've been a silent reader of this great forum for long time. I enjoyed reading each single post of you everyday. Thank you all so much for the information shared here. Special thanks for the great contributors GP111, JustWatching, Icarus and many more of you. Good luck to all the guys still waiting. Hope you all get yours pretty soon. :D :D :D

http://boards.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=1280333&postcount=1805

Congrats!! September 03 from California. I hope I have the same luck in a month!!!

DocPC

PD: October '03
RIR/CA/EB2

PD: July 14 03, no sign, worried!

I have not got anything yet. Is anybody in the same boat? I'm worried a little bit!

PD: July 14, 03
45D letter replied in April 05
RIR/EB2/TX

Last edited by a moderator:
txu05 said:
I have not got anything yet. Is anybody in the same boat. I'm worried a little bit!

PD: July 14, 03
45D letter replied in April 05
RIR/EB2/TX

I am with you. Mine is May 2, 2003 and haven't received anything yet
45D letter replied in Jan 2005
RIR/EB2/TX

labor approved

I just got notification from my lawyer that my labor got approved.

PD Sept 02, 2003
RD Jan 21, 2004
Chicago DOL
EB2
Dallas Backlog center.
45 day letter recd : March 2003
45 day letter repld : March 2003 (2 weeks later)
Labor : Approved.

whatnow said:
I just got notification from my lawyer that my labor got approved.

PD Sept 02, 2003
RD Jan 21, 2004
Chicago DOL
EB2
Dallas Backlog center.
45 day letter recd : March 2003
45 day letter repld : March 2003 (2 weeks later)
Labor : Approved.
Congratulations! What is your ETA case number (first 5 digits)?

Labor Certified

Got the final determination in mail today..

Here are the details:
PD: July 13, 2003
State: MO
ETA: D-05005-10XXX

One question though, the final determination letter said forms ETA 750 parts A&B are enclosed. But there was no enclosed documents. Will the enclosures be sent to the lawyer?

Answers appreciated.

Good luck to everybody waiting..

samcam said:

Here are the details:

One question though, the final determination letter said forms ETA 750 parts A&B are enclosed. But there was no enclosed documents. Will the enclosures be sent to the lawyer?

Answers appreciated.

Congrats!! Did your case make it to Regional DOL? If yes, which DOL and when? EB2 or EB3?

Thanks!

samcam said:

Here are the details:

Answers appreciated.

Congrats Samcam,
Yes, only the lawyer gets them.
--MC