Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I agree with you. Specially, with your last comment ‘I am particularly thankful to the Law Office who host this facility.’

But you see, lots many people just relay on what their lawyer says when actually they have means to verify. For an example, BEC case status. When a case has been already closed last 9/10 months back, if you ask your lawyer, the answer is simple 'we have talked to BEC and your case is fine'. (Even in this forum, there are few posts having the same situation)

I have a friend who applied H1 extension and after 9 months, when the approval was still pending, he simply kept asking his lawyer and the answer was same 'we are working on your case, everything is under control.' Whereas he could call the service center by himself and could inquire about his own case.

I wanted to educate some of the members who takes their lawyers word as guaranteed which is kind of fooling with his own.

Pegasus503 said:
The purpose of my posting was to share information.

What you do with the information is up to you.

The reported response has a logic to it, and the hypothesis meets the empirical data of the tracker.

Based on your tone I can only guess you have had a poor legal experience, I think it is unfair to place a cynical judgement that all lawyers are liars. If nothing else it lacks professional courtesy, are all accountants, engineers, doctors, teachers economical with the truth too?

By the time I post this reply there will be nearly 8360 posts, and each post should be taken the same way, it's no more than an opinion, a forum where experience, questions, opinions and insights and on rare occassion facts are shared.

All to be used by the reader with a pinch of salt, because what really matters is when you get the paper in your hand.

I for one am grateful to lawyers, there's good and bad in every industry. I am particularly thankful to the Law Office who host this facility.

Good luck to all

THANKS Just Watching

jus_watching said:
if your country of birth (distinct from your country of citizenship) is not india or china, you might stand to benefit from a PERM EB2 LC as you wont be gated at the I-485 stage. PERM can get you a quicker LC decision if your case does not go into audit. but to ensure a quick approval, you need to make sure that your new job requirements make a clear case for EB2. also check to make sure that your new company hasn't let go of any US citizens and stuff like that which may impact your PERM application.

sept 2004 is not a big loss of PD especially with EB3 given the current retrogression dates. as it stands right now, an unskilled laborer from, say Chile, can get his green card sooner than a researcher with a PhD from MIT or Harvard who is from China.

jw

Thanks JW. Appreciate your help. My country of birth is East Africa.
Few questions :) (Sorry for this)
1)How will I know that My new Company hasn't let go any US citizen ?
2) I will recruited at Senior Architect position..so wud that be EB2 category ? I have MBA degree and 15 years of experience.
2) What are the Preparations required for PERM application and to ensure it will be 100 % successful ?

Pagasus:
Not to undermine your comments. I totally understand we can't generalize the situation. But I do agree with somebody's comment to some extent. As far as I am concerned, these people consider our cases as just one more client to make money. At least this is true in my case. I have experience with 3 lawyers and still I am in my LC. Unless and untill you call them again..again..again... its hard to get answer. It is our life they are dealing with but for them we are just one more client.

Again, there are lot of good people here who has total commitment in what they do. But some of us are not that lucky to have them.

Now, comining back to the point, will Dallas BEC will process only SEP regional cases and not OCT cases? Becuase I don't see OCT/NOV cases listed in the excel spreadsheet that is been circulating around.

LG
PD 10/20/2003 RIR

Pegasus503 said:
I got an email from my lawyer that shed light on this FIFO issue, I have cut and pasted the section for your information.....

We were finally able to speak with a supervisor at the Foreign Labor Certification Backlog Center. She shared some interesting information regarding the priority date versus approval and processing. She indicated that the applications are assigned to analysts by priority date; however, the analyst processes them as they deem appropriate. In other words, she indicated that while they are assigned to analysts by priority, that doesn’t necessarily mean that the analyst processes them by priority date. While this explains why we are not seeing a consistent FIFO approach to processing, it does change our frustration level with the process. She did confirm that your application was received and that it was assigned to an analyst

For those of us with 2002 and before PDs, I hope this is of some help.

Good luck to all

FIFO is nothing but KISMAT(LUCK)

rajeevputhu said:
What is Screen shot and how to get it. Thanks
If you are in need of seventh year extension of your H1 visa, then you can request a screenshot from DBEC as proof to submit to the USCIS for the extension. Search some of the previous posts for the exact email adddress where you need to send your request

Can I file PERM from a different company while my LC is pending with my current one?

Dear Gurus!

I have been stuck with the DBEC for a very long time. My PD is July 2002 wth EB3 in TX RIR but still no news on the LC. My 45 day letter was rpelied in end of January 2005.

I am thinking of filing a new PERM application using a different company but maybe in the same job function in EB2 category?

My questions to you all are:
1. Is it possible to file a new LC via PERM through a different employer while my current LC is pending with my current employer?
2. I am on the 6th year of my H1b. Will the new PERM LC be valid after 6th year and can I continue with my 140 & 485 after PERM is approved?
3. Will the filing of this PERM app from a different employer effect my current LC in any adverse way?

As I understand LC is for future job and even if my current H1b is from a different employer I should be avbke to fiel and continue with my GC process through a new empleoyer that will give me a future job offer. My intention is to continue with my current employer by extending my H1b beyond 6th year and also running the other GC process in parallel until one of them is approved first.

Any response will be immensely appreciated!

Thanks,
KUmarash

10/20/2005: Senate Judiciary Reportedly Approved Immigration Proposals

* We have already reported that Senate Judiciary Committee approved H-1B cap increase by 30,000 per year. However, other sources reported that the Committee had approved at today's hearing the following immigration bills:
* Included in the measure approved today are the following specifics:
o "Recapture" employment-based (green card) immigrant visa numbers that were available by statute but unused in previous years due to processing backlogs, and make them available again at a rate of up to 90,000 per year;
o Only employment-based immigrants, and not their spouses and children, would count toward the annual limit on employment-based immigration; and
o "Recapture" H-1B visa numbers that were available by statute but unused in previous years, and make them available again at a rate of up to 30,000 per year.
* For the release of the official reports, please stay tuned to this web site.

source:www.immigration-law.com

sakiv_us said:

* We have already reported that Senate Judiciary Committee approved H-1B cap increase by 30,000 per year. However, other sources reported that the Committee had approved at today's hearing the following immigration bills:
o "Recapture" employment-based (green card) immigrant visa numbers that were available by statute but unused in previous years due to processing backlogs, and make them available again at a rate of up to 90,000 per year;
o Only employment-based immigrants, and not their spouses and children, would count toward the annual limit on employment-based immigration; and
o "Recapture" H-1B visa numbers that were available by statute but unused in previous years, and make them available again at a rate of up to 30,000 per year.

this is a fairly good development that will take some pressure off the visa number demand. i dont know how many numbers are available to recapture. but the clause that dependents wont count in the number game is a good thing as we statistically have each immigrant visa applicant taking up 2.5 visas counting their dependents in.

innocentworker said:
Thanks JW. Appreciate your help. My country of birth is East Africa.
Few questions :) (Sorry for this)
1)How will I know that My new Company hasn't let go any US citizen ?
2) I will recruited at Senior Architect position..so wud that be EB2 category ? I have MBA degree and 15 years of experience.
2) What are the Preparations required for PERM application and to ensure it will be 100 % successful ?

the HR and lawyers should be forthcoming with the information about layoffs/RIFs. your new company is a fortune 100 so you can easily get information about any layoffs in the news wires. google search might give you the info you are looking for.

the position definitely sounds like it would have the requirements that can be filled by a candidate who qualifies for EB2. just ensure that the job advertisement states that a Masters degree is a requirement for the position. regardless of your educational qualifications or experience, if the job requirements dont make the case, then you will face headwind.

i haven't taken the Perm route yet so i dont know all the details. but i believe there's a lot of good detailed information you can glean off the PERM discussion threads on these forums.

there have been some developments later yesterday with the senate judiciary committee adopting some interim measures to ease the demand for visa numbers. i dont think it's a bad idea now to wait for a little bit and see it those additional unused visa numbers, especially given that going forward, they wont count dependents, help the Oct00 EB3 cutoff dates take a good leap.

EAD and AP filing?

What about filing EAD and AP even though the PD is not current. I think there was a proposal on this with additional fee of $500.

Any Idea?

Thanks
Ravi

sakiv_us said:

BEC screen shot missing status column

Have anybody received the “BEC screen shot” with the “status” column? I am trying to get the status and every time it is missing from the response. Earlier it used to send me the status but not anymore.

PD: 05/02/2003
RD: 10/15/2003
State: Texas
45 Day’s letter received on: 12/17/2004
Certified : Waiting ……?

Amit_K_Bhatia@h said:
Have anybody received the “BEC screen shot” with the “status” column? I am trying to get the status and every time it is missing from the response. Earlier it used to send me the status but not anymore.

You have sent to many H1B requests, that's why they erased your status to reduce your temptation to see your status change. They may think that they have sent you enough screenshot to help you in extension of the H1B.

I would be not surprised if they put your case on hold finally.

yes

My HR requested on Oct 19th, 2005 and we received the screen shot on Oct 20th,2005. It does show the CASE STATUS field.

Amit_K_Bhatia@h said:

Labor Approved

I got an email from my attorney yesterday, that my labor is approved. Approval date is Sep. 27th.

Good Luck to all still waiting.

PD: June 18th 2003

The screen shot that I got from DBEC had the status field, but the one from PBEC has the status field cut off.

self_file said:
My HR requested on Oct 19th, 2005 and we received the screen shot on Oct 20th,2005. It does show the CASE STATUS field.

madur said:
I got an email from my attorney yesterday, that my labor is approved. Approval date is Sep. 27th.

Good Luck to all still waiting.

PD: June 18th 2003

congrats!! What state and what category?

DocPC

EB2/RIR/CA
PD 10/09/03

Here's an exerpt from today's immigration-law.com:

Allow individuals to apply for adjustment of status before an immigrant visa is deemed currently available. (Of course, approval could not occur until the visa number is available.)

SO, THIS HAS BEEN APPROVED,TOO!!!

ravib said:
What about filing EAD and AP even though the PD is not current. I think there was a proposal on this with additional fee of $500.

Any Idea?

Thanks
Ravi
:) :) :)