Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Contact DOL for explanation of FIFO and fairness

gcchahiye2003 said:
Hi gcorbitz,
My PD date is Jan2003 from CA, and I did not get anything from DBEC so far. My lawyer sent them so many fax and physical request through FedEx , Yesterday I got answer from them saying that they are reviewing my case. I don't know what are they reviewing about , because on May 20th I got an email from them saying the same thing. I am worried now. All my colleagues on same date got their Labor before Oct. 1st and filed their 140 and 485 before retrogression date.
DBEC is such a big Black Box , once your application goes there, getting information from them is almost impossible.

We can just keep patience , nothing else we can do Buddy.

It is listed on http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/backlog_faqs_5-2-05.pdf that they will follow FIFO, but also declare a lot of "We're unable to ...". If u think unfair and want to know what they "are able to ...", why not complain to the following:

SECRETARY OF LABOR
Elaine L. Chao
(202) 693-6000

Deputy Secretary
Steven J. Law
(202) 693-6000

EMPLOYMENT & TRAINING ADMINISTRATION (ETA)

Assistant Secretary
Emily Stover DeRocco
(202) 693-2700

Deputy Assistant Secretary
Tom Dowd
(202) 693-2700

Deputy Assistant Secretary

Mason Bishop
(202) 693-2700

U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210

Any approvals for Aug 2003 from CA

I have filed from CA in EB3 with PD Aug 26 2003. I got screenshot today and it still shows my case in RIR. Not sure when it will be processed though I am seeing so many approvals for Aug 2003 PD from other states. Any approvals from CA for Aug 2003?

Frustrated...with the wait !
inneedofgc

Data Entry and New Delhi consulate Visa # table vs. Visa bulletin

Did BECs meet their Sept deadline for 100% cases at least partially entered? Murthy bulletin has stopped giving us that information and I haven't seen any updates on the Forum either. Gurus -- what's your take? how much longer till they enter all our data and start the true FIFO processing? As you see from my signature I am years away from my certification, but would like to know if things are moving ahead at least.

The consulate numbers had given us all hopes that the EB3 #s had moved ahead, but from the latest visa bulletin, nothing has moved. Wonder where the consulate got its info from!

Good luck to all

sfmars said:
Congrats,

You will have to discuss it with immigration lawyer. I think you will have to use the labor approval benefits through substitution because you had interupption in your employment with your original employer, in this case you will loose your PD it will became 10/2005 (or at the time when you file I140).

Anyway good luck

Is this true? I am in the same boat, from what I have asked my lawyer, sounds like it should be OK because GC is for future job, my LC may come very soon, and I plan to back to my 1st employer, I am questioning about this, should I back to my 1st employee before file 140? as I know 140 need several pay stub right?
I ma just curious if I back to my first employer, how can I take advantage of AC21, I am in Eb3 , a bad nightmare too

inneedofgc said:
I have filed from CA in EB3 with PD Aug 26 2003. I got screenshot today and it still shows my case in RIR. Not sure when it will be processed though I am seeing so many approvals for Aug 2003 PD from other states. Any approvals from CA for Aug 2003?

inneedofgc

Me too waiting aug 02 2003. how you got screenshot.

CA cases

VISLI_COM said:
Me too waiting aug 02 2003. how you got screenshot.
I got an update from my employer's HR. They got 2 LC approvals in the past 3 weeks. These were with PD's of May'03. I couldn't get exact dates.
So it may sound little discouraging but it looks like CA cases may be a couple of months behind of the dates we are seeing posted here.

My PD is Oct 30, 2003. CA/EB-2
GT

inneedofgc said:

inneedofgc

thread # 8288 from 2bn2b on page 553--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to share that my case is approved as of Oct 17 2005

Here are my details, hope it helps:

California case sent to Dallas Backlog center
ETA#: D-04302-XXXX
RIR
EB-3
PD: Aug 18 2003 (yes, 2003)
RD: Jul 5 2004

45 days letter received/replied: Jan 2005

Good luck to all
----------------------------------------------------------

I-140

Does anyone know what documents are required for filing I-140. Also which forum is good for tracking I-140 cases.

-------------
CA-RIR-EB3
PD - 08/01/2003
RD - 08/2004
45-Day-Letter: Recd 12/04, Replied 02/05
BEC Case no.: D-04309-XXXXX
Labor Approval Received by lawyer: 10/17/2005.
I-140: filing now.

Confused

Here is my dilemma.
I am consultant and I have three years left on H1 B. My current employer has filed my Labour in RIR and EB3 (though I comply to EB2 category) in September 2004 through conventional process (not PERM). I have not received any news from Lawyer since and as per HR no 45 day letter is received yet. Meanwhile I have a really nice offer with one of the FORTUNE 100 company (End Client).

1) Would it be worth to taking this offer and start the entire process fresh with PERM ? I am British Citizen.
2) Can my current employer continue the GC process while I am working with new employer.

Please advise and guide.

PD :September 2004 CHICAGO EB3
Case number : Will get from Lawyer soon
Dallas BEC

sfmars said:
I am sure that DBEC will not even think to certify any SWA case before the last Regional case got a decision. As a proof of that you can see SWA cases from Indiana (the oldest SWA RIR cases from 2001) some people from Indiana responded 45 day letters in May, June having PD 2001/2002 and I do not remember that we saw any case approved from Indiana.

My time prediction for SWA cases is that DBEC will finish Regional RIR cases sometime by summer 2006 and then very very slowly start working with SWA cases (because they require more points to be checked). It will take them not less than 6 years.

Thanks. :) Your analysis has deflated me totally.

visailrevalid said:
Hi Guys,

Just want to share my info.
Today i called my Lawyer about my case. She got all my ETA 750 A&B back to her for re-signing on modifications from employers on Monday (10/17/05). So DBEC is finishing Aug03 as my PD is Aug22,03.

IL SESA PD:Aug22,03
EB3

What does re-signing on modifocations mean? Are they ask for additional information?.

140 & 485 documents list - some one posted earlier

I-140
------
1. Employment letter
2. Employment Reference Letters (if experience
required)
3. Degree Cert / Mark Sheets / Transcript
4. Education Evaluation (if required)
5. Copy of I-94
6. 3 latest Pay Stubs
7. Company tax returns & W-2 for 2003 and 2004

For I-485
--------
1. Form G-28. If filing through a lawyer.
2. I-485, Application to Adjust Status, with copy of
I-94 and 2 photographs
3. I-131, Application for Travel Document, with copy
of passport identity pages and 2
photographs(Immigration photo).
4. I-765, Application for Employment Authorization,
with copy of passport identity pages and 2 photographs

5. I-765 Card. This is your signature card. This is
used to prepare you Employment Authorization Card.
6. G-325A, Biographic Information.
7. I-693, Medical Examination, with copy of
vaccination.
8. Evidence of valid nonimmigrant status, with copy of
both sides of I-94, copy of entire passport, and
written summary of beneficiary and spouse nonimmigrant
history.
9. Tax returns & W2 for last 3 years
10. 3 latest pay stubs
12. Birth Certificate.
13. Marriage Certificate.
14. Employment Letter.

LcKBaadKiKahani said:
Does anyone know what documents are required for filing I-140. Also which forum is good for tracking I-140 cases.

-------------
CA-RIR-EB3
PD - 08/01/2003
RD - 08/2004
45-Day-Letter: Recd 12/04, Replied 02/05
BEC Case no.: D-04309-XXXXX
Labor Approval Received by lawyer: 10/17/2005.
I-140: filing now.

innocentworker said:
Here is my dilemma.
I am consultant and I have three years left on H1 B. My current employer has filed my Labour in RIR and EB3 (though I comply to EB2 category) in September 2004 through conventional process (not PERM). I have not received any news from Lawyer since and as per HR no 45 day letter is received yet. Meanwhile I have a really nice offer with one of the FORTUNE 100 company (End Client).

1) Would it be worth to taking this offer and start the entire process fresh with PERM ? I am British Citizen.
2) Can my current employer continue the GC process while I am working with new employer.

Please advise and guide.

PD :September 2004 CHICAGO EB3
Case number : Will get from Lawyer soon
Dallas BEC

if your country of birth (distinct from your country of citizenship) is not india or china, you might stand to benefit from a PERM EB2 LC as you wont be gated at the I-485 stage. PERM can get you a quicker LC decision if your case does not go into audit. but to ensure a quick approval, you need to make sure that your new job requirements make a clear case for EB2. also check to make sure that your new company hasn't let go of any US citizens and stuff like that which may impact your PERM application.

sept 2004 is not a big loss of PD especially with EB3 given the current retrogression dates. as it stands right now, an unskilled laborer from, say Chile, can get his green card sooner than a researcher with a PhD from MIT or Harvard who is from China.

jw

Feedback

Let me start with: I know that some Regional RIR cases have been skipped.

As we all know, Dallas BPC "seems" to be following FIFO for RIR Regional cases.

If you look at the tracker:

The last Dallas DOL RIR cases are from September 2003, then there is one April 2004 case. So, can someone tell me if this indeed is the tailend of Dallas RIR Regional cases? Or does the tracker not have good representation?

The San Francisco DOL RIR cases are in a similar situation. To clarify, this is for San Francisco DOL RIR cases at Dallas BPC. After August 2003, there are very few cases that go until January 2004. Someone please comment.

That leaves us with Chicago DOL RIR cases. These cases go all the way to November 2004. If the Dallas BPC continues processing only Regional RIR cases, I can say you 2004 DOL cases people - you are pretty lucky.

So assuming the above is true, Dallas BPC will be done with San Francisco DOL and Dallas DOL RIR cases (and hopefully will go back to clean up the ones it left behind) next month. Then since it will only have Chicago DOL cases to focus on - it will probably fly through those. A couple more months maybe? So by the end of 2005, all Regional RIR cases for Dallas BPC would be cleared. Maybe then SWA RIR cases will begin to see some progress.

I will not try to analyze Regular DOL cases since processing has been more erratic.

Thoughts. Comments.

Just love your analysis!

I love your analysis since it gives us (DOL 2004) a ray of hope to get out of this BEC black hole by the end of 2005! :)

E=JustWatching]Let me start with: I know that some Regional RIR cases have been skipped.

As we all know, Dallas BPC "seems" to be following FIFO for RIR Regional cases.

If you look at the tracker:

The last Dallas DOL RIR cases are from September 2003, then there is one April 2004 case. So, can someone tell me if this indeed is the tailend of Dallas RIR Regional cases? Or does the tracker not have good representation?

The San Francisco DOL RIR cases are in a similar situation. To clarify, this is for San Francisco DOL RIR cases at Dallas BPC. After August 2003, there are very few cases that go until January 2004. Someone please comment.

That leaves us with Chicago DOL RIR cases. These cases go all the way to November 2004. If the Dallas BPC continues processing only Regional RIR cases, I can say you 2004 DOL cases people - you are pretty lucky.

So assuming the above is true, Dallas BPC will be done with San Francisco DOL and Dallas DOL RIR cases (and hopefully will go back to clean up the ones it left behind) next month. Then since it will only have Chicago DOL cases to focus on - it will probably fly through those. A couple more months maybe? So by the end of 2005, all Regional RIR cases for Dallas BPC would be cleared. Maybe then SWA RIR cases will begin to see some progress.

I will not try to analyze Regular DOL cases since processing has been more erratic.

Thoughts. Comments.[/QUOTE]

Did any one hear about the summary of the important Senate meeting to be held today which discusses the immigration policy bill ?