Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

vgans:

Do you think this spells the end for the 'budget bill' too: The one that talked about possible reliefs to pending immigration cases like increase in visa numbers, allowing filing for I-485 even if visa numbers are not current etc ?

Don't hold your breath (twice)

This is from:

http://judiciary.senate.gov/testimony.cfm?id=1634&wit_id=4713

Is was given by:
Testimony of
Frank Sharry
Executive Director
National Immigration Forum
Before the Senate Committee on the Judiciary
On Comprehensive Immigration Reform
October 18, 2005

Very sweet - especially the part where we get to walk after 4 years on our own. But don't hold your breath - I don't see this happening any time soon.

Most of the talk on The Senate Committee on the Judiciary hearing on "Comprehensive Immigration Reform II" is about illegal immigration (Mexico).

Here is the best info I could pick out for us...
QUOTE:
The keys to making the admissions system realistic, controlled, and workable are a) to provide enough visas for the expected future flow of workers and families; and b) to avoid the exploitation and abuses of old-style guest worker programs. Secure America accomplishes the first by creating 400,000 worker visas a year and increasing family reunification visas so that the current illegal flow will be funneled into a legal one while being fair to those from around the world. It tackles the second by requiring employers to pay newly-admitted workers the same wages as similarly-situated workers, and by mostly de-linking workers’ status from employer say-so. For example, workers on temporary visas (three year visas, renewable) will be able to “vote with their feet” and change jobs without threatening their immigration status. After four years in the country, such workers will be able to self-petition for permanent residence – rather than having to ask for the blessing of a particular employer.
UNQUOTE

Somehow, I have this bad gut feeling... I feel like a US citizen chanting for his/her presidential reelection campaign...."Four more years,four more years,..." I hope immigration goes through faster than that - hopefully like Superman (actually a Canadian from Montreal) -- "Faster than a speeding bullet". But that brings me back to my earlier comment...Don't hold your breath!!!

Thank you for your reply..

My attorney recieved the receipt last friday.

It is filed from IL and my case is RIR

My attorney or the company never recieved 45 days letter.

I do have the receipt which is showing the receipt date as MAR 27th 2004.

sfmars said:
Hi Paluri,

When did you get your screenshot ?
Can you confirm that you case originally was filed to IL SWA and your case is RIR ?
If it was IL SWA it is kind of strange that you case source is State but not Region because as I understand IL SWA cleared all cases filed before May 2004. Did your attorney receive 45 day letter or not ?

As for your H1 7th year extension you are fine with your screenshot, you do not need case status from DOL to get extension. The most important is Priority date which should more than 365 days?

Finally got the 45-day letter (EB3, TR, California)

Any idea how many more years to go before Labor gets approved?

Thanks.

LcKBaadKiKahani said:
I just received an email from my lawyer stating that he has received my labor cert approval !!

See you all in the I-140 forum.

CA-RIR-EB3
PD - 08/01/2003
RD - 08/2004
45-Day-Letter: Recd 12/04, Replied 02/05
BEC Case no.: D-04309-XXXXX
Labor Approval Received by lawyer: 10/17/2005.

Congratulations! Do you know what is the advantage of approved labor for you? You won't be able to file 485 for a long long time, so no EAD, can't change jobs etc.

Just curious.

vgans said:
Hi:

I don't think so. Since the Budget Bill is different from the pending Immigration Bills (by McCain and Coryn). The immigration tag-along of the Budget Bill is still pending and the Senate Judiciary will review the Immigration tag-along language of the Budget Bill on OCTOBER 20th. SO THIS IS THE DATE WE ALL NEED TO LOOK FORWARD TO.

I think the reason that the Immigrant Visa Relief is mentioned in the Budget Bill may be because of the dollar amount ($500.00 - earnings for the US Govt) associated with supplemental fee for I140 applications (proposed). This is in addition to the exisitng fees for I140 applications. The Bill also allows for concurrent (?) I485 at that time even though the Immigrant Visa are not available for the applicants.

Also, I think McCain and Coryn Bills have a tough fight since it deals with ILLEGAL immigration for the most part. I think I am leaning more towards Bills that separates us (LEGAL) immigrants from such illegal-immigrant relief Bills and prefer to tag-along with Bills such as Budget Bills. We have a greater of getting approved here.

We will see what happens to that. I, for one, am crossing my fingers and praying to see the Budget Bill through. I don't have much information about the budget appropriation bill, though, other than what was posted here not so long ago.

VGANS
(just an opinion)

Let's hope for the budget bill and see what comes out of it. Last week I faxed / emailed letters describing our plight to several senators. Hope we see some light at the end of the tunnel soon...

Tracker link for DBEC: Screen-shot field - CASE-SOURCE ?

Hi Vgans & gcSeeker03,
Thanks to your info. But I am unable to find the tracker
"DBEC: Screen-shot field - CASE-SOURCE = "State" Approval Tracker".

I would appreciate if you kindly post the link

Thanks,
AnbFL

vgans said:
Hi AnbFl and gcseeker03:

Please post your info at "DBEC: Screen-shot field - CASE-SOURCE = "State" Approval Tracker". We are attempting to make sense of case like ours (i.e., Case Source = "State" when it should have been "Region").

VGANS

Gogol75 said:
No. My case was TR from the start. Still a long wait?

Hi all,

My case details are:

PD 11/19/2001
Original RIR:
Auto-remanded to SWA.(California)
Screen shot: REceivied as

D-05133-xxxxx
Case Source: Region
Case Type: RIR
Processing Center: DBEC

45days letter not received.

======================================

Experts please tell when I am likely to receive 45 days letter

H1 ext 7th year ( waiting for LC certification)

To get an understanding , I have created a fictional case below ( ... I guess it might be real for some one .... )

Say, 6 years of H1 visa expires on 15 July 2006.
He has a priority date of Jan 2004, labor application is in backlog center.

He plans to apply for 7th year extension at around 20th Jan 2006 (6 months before visa expiration date)

Situation 1 : If the labor application gets certified on Jan 5, 2006, how can he apply for H1 extn as neither labor nor I-140 is pending for more than 1 year. Or is it that 1 year clause is only for pending labor and not for I-140

Situation 2 : If the labor application gets certified on Feb 15, 2006, after he had applied for H1 extn. Will the H1 extn be approved or denied (as labor is not pending any more) .

Are there any options ?

chiki12345 said:
To get an understanding , I have created a fictional case below ( ... I guess it might be real for some one .... )

Say, 6 years of H1 visa expires on 15 July 2006.
He has a priority date of Jan 2004, labor application is in backlog center.

He plans to apply for 7th year extension at around 20th Jan 2006 (6 months before visa expiration date)

Situation 1 : If the labor application gets certified on Jan 5, 2006, how can he apply for H1 extn as neither labor nor I-140 is pending for more than 1 year. Or is it that 1 year clause is only for pending labor and not for I-140

Situation 2 : If the labor application gets certified on Feb 15, 2006, after he had applied for H1 extn. Will the H1 extn be approved or denied (as labor is not pending any more) .

Are there any options ?

You should not have any issues getting extensions as far as -
1) Labor is pending for over 1 year
2) Labor is approved and 140 is pending and Labor was filed over 1 year ago
3) Labor is approved and 140 is approved - in this case you get 3 yrs extension assuming you are waiting to file 485 due to retrogression.

This was to be expected...

sfmars said:

As the Immigration authorities predicted, no move has been made on visa retrogression field.
This was expected, since probably only a few post September 30th cases were received...

Let's not lose hope...wait for the december bulletin and we'll see how long this wait is really going to be...of course, let's pray that everything goes well in Congress on the 20th....

:) :) :)

Approved

I am a silent visitor of this forum for last 4 – 5 months, today I want to share my info. Today I called my lawyer to check if by any chance he had received the approval. He told that he received it on Friday (10/14/2005), he didn’t even care to let me know. He is my corporate lawyer. Any way after more than two years of waiting its news for me to celebrate though it’s just the first hurdle and few more to cross.

PD 8/21/2003

RAMTEST said:
I am a silent visitor of this forum for last 4 – 5 months, today I want to share my info. Today I called my lawyer to check if by any chance he had received the approval. He told that he received it on Friday (10/14/2005), he didn’t even care to let me know. He is my corporate lawyer. Any way after more than two years of waiting its news for me to celebrate though it’s just the first hurdle and few more to cross.

PD 8/21/2003
Congrats RAMTEST,
Can u provide more info about ur case like state, new case number(partial) etc, so that it can be put in the tracker
--MC

LCA approved

Just wanted to share that my case is approved as of Oct 17 2005

Here are my details, hope it helps:

California case sent to Dallas Backlog center
ETA#: D-04302-XXXX
RIR
EB-3
PD: Aug 18 2003 (yes, 2003)
RD: Jul 5 2004

45 days letter received/replied: Jan 2005

Good luck to all

Case Closed

Hi Guys

My PD is May 30 2003 and I got a screen shot today saying that my case has been closed. My lawyer said he'll talk to them. Is there anybody out there whose case was reopened. I wanted to know is it possible and how long is it taking. Also, is there anybody certified whose case was reopened from being closed.

Thanks. Appreciate it