Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Why EB3 cannot retorgress further!!!

Folks,

I see many meesages on the EB3 cutoff better, but one point we are missign that with June 2002 cutoff, they still ran over in the quota and had to make it unavailable, means there were plenty of cases with PD before Jun02...in the system which are pending and cannot be adjudicated due to visa unavailability and they can easily consume the 2006. Hate to say that though but surely it is a possibility..

sr2610 said:
Before EB3 became unavailable the cut off date was June 2002. That means people who got labor PD's before that date able to apply for 485, right?

In September bulletin they are going to release numbers for next fiscal year that starts from Oct 2005.
I am expecting they will set the cut off date atleast as Dec 2002.

GP,
any insights?

-SR
TX/RIR/EB3
PD 11/2002
D-04287-1xxxx

SEND A MAIL TO Philadelphia

nato said:
looks like my case is lost with Dallas BEC.

Have requested twice and it is over 7-8 weeks now without any response at all, though my 365 days past will be in just next few days, unless that is the reason for not replying, but I am clsoe to 6th year end and cannot apply for 7th year, have no other proof except the fedex dely letter :(

SEND A MAIL TO Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US
My HR Department got answer by email within 8 hours.

Employment Visa Availability During Fy-2006

08/10/2005: EB-2 Visa Number Current in September 2005 Visa Bulletin

EMPLOYMENT VISA AVAILABILITY DURING FY-2006: The backlog reduction efforts of both Citizenship and Immigration Services, and the Department of Labor continue to result in very heavy demand for Employment-based numbers. It is anticipated that the amount of such cases will be sufficient to use all available numbers in many categories. As a result cut-off dates in the Employment Third preferency category will apply to the China, India, and Philippines chargeabilities beginning in October, and it is possible that Mexico may be added to this list. In addition, it is anticipated that heavy demand will require the establishment of a Third preference cut-off date on a Worldwide basis by December. The amount of Employment demand for applicants from China and India is also likely to result in the oversubcription of the Employment First and Second preference categories for those chargeability areas. The establishment of such cut-off dates is expected to occur no later than December. The level of demand in the Employment categories is expected to be far in excess of the annual limits, and once established, cut-off date meovements are likely to be slow.
http://www.immigration-law.com/

Question to Icarus

Icarus,

Now we see lot of approvals, but still a bunch of cases (like mine, cadesi etc..) are sitting at status "RIR", eventhough our Priority dates are early 2002 and 45-day letters are replied and recevied at BPC (I guess that's how status moved to RIR). why these kind of cases are not picked yet? What could we assume by this ? Are these cases still at Status "RIR" because of some issues ? Can you throw some light into these kind of cases ?

Thanks a lot..

Just received an e-mail from my lawyers. They have received my approved labor certificate.

Thank you all for your help , wish everyone the best .

CA, RIR, EB-2
D-04320-xxxxx
PD Sept 19 2002
received hard copy of AEC: August 10 2005

ok_LA said:
All the gurus in the forum who have already gotten the hard copy ( gp111, mnhrd, raydhan etc) please help me with the following:

on the screen shot, under the data review section, what does the field " Date submitted" stand for. mine shows 7/14/2005 =Data entered date = ETA#D05194<<

. does that mean it that the case was certified on that date NO or was the last entry made to the case on that date? ( my status is certified)
i was just wondering how long before i get the hard copy. my attorney indicated it will not be before december 2005 After Mail room issues sorted out you must get it in FIFO orderhas anybody who has "date submitted" field value in July received the hard copy of LC

thanks

Impact of company being bought/taken over

Need some help in a scenario likely to happen to me:

My LCA is pending at Dallas BEC (Priority Date: 12 March 2003, CA/RIR/EB3).

What happens if my employer is bought or taken over in the next couple of months?

I realize that this may not be the right thread/forum, but I posted here since the gurus/experts visit here the most.

Thanks

Its my turn to say "Got it !"

I finally got my Labor approved by the Dallas BRC. We received the certificate on on August 02, 2005. So finally a long and painful wait ended.

Here are my details:

PD: Feb 2002, CA RIR
RD: Jun 2003
45-day letter: Mar 2005, Dallas BRC
Updated doc request: Jun 2005
LC approval letter received: Aug 2005

All: please keep up the good work and don't loose hope.

I am thankful to everyone in this forum for contributing their experiences.

Thanks.

sbdol said:
As stupid as it is but hte experience gained with the current employer does not count.
The only way to use your new experience is to change the job.
Yes, their logic for it is "if you get trained on the job, they might as well have taken an american an trained him/her on the job". too bad since i have some skills that would really set me apart from the 200-300 applications they received for my position but since we couldn't use those, arghhh!!!!

Congrats 2muchwait!

Congrats 2muchwait!

what was the Job title and requirement on labor?

did you ask for screenshot, if yes what was the status?

Thanks,

2muchwait said:
I finally got my Labor approved by the Dallas BRC. We received the certificate on on August 02, 2005. So finally a long and painful wait ended.

Here are my details:

PD: Feb 2002, CA RIR
RD: Jun 2003
45-day letter: Mar 2005, Dallas BRC
Updated doc request: Jun 2005
LC approval letter received: Aug 2005

All: please keep up the good work and don't loose hope.

I am thankful to everyone in this forum for contributing their experiences.

Thanks.

hi mnhrdc, thanks for the quick reply.

So you had a different date on your "date submitted" field than what was your true certified date? if so what was the date on your "date submitted" field.

thanks

mine shows 7/14/2005 =Data entered date = ETA#D05194<<

. does that mean it that the case was certified on that date NO or was the last entry made to the case on that date? ( my status is certified)
i was just wondering how long before i get the hard copy. my attorney indicated it will not be before december 2005 After Mail room issues sorted out you must get it in FIFO orderhas anybody who has "date submitted" field value in July received the hard copy of LC

The VISA BULLETIN mentions..
----
The Department of State has determined the family and employment preference numerical limits for FY-2005 in accordance with the terms of Section 201 of the INA. These numerical limitations for FY-2005 are as follows:

Worldwide Family-Sponsored preference limit: 226,000
Worldwide Employment-Based preference limit: 148,449

Under INA Section 202(A), the per-country limit is fixed at 7% of the family and employment annual limits. For FY-2005 the per-country limit is 26,211. The dependent area annual limit is 2%, or 7,489.
----
Does this mean that they are going to analyze and determine different limits for FY06?
If similar numbers are released for FY06, we in EB3, are doomed. There are too many cases even before the last cutoff date which was June 2002.
  • With those cases and the newly approved cases from BEC with PD before June 2002, is it possible that the cutoff date might be pushed prior to June 2002?
  • There are too many cases in EB3 waiting (I think somebody had rough numbers in a prev post). For people with PD in 2003, this will take forever to reach their PDs. Do we have any options other than waiting for atleats 3 more years to file 485?

justdoit said:
Around 40K visa numbers will be available for EB3 category. But these numbers are released in a measured fashion over the year - something like 20-25% per quarter. And remember India only gets 7-8% of the 40K. So, I would think the cut off dates will move really slow. I do not expect it to open at Dec 2002. Maybe Aug-Sep 2002? I dont know.
Any comments??

nato said:
looks like my case is lost with Dallas BEC.

Have requested twice and it is over 7-8 weeks now without any response at all, though my 365 days past will be in just next few days, unless that is the reason for not replying, but I am clsoe to 6th year end and cannot apply for 7th year, have no other proof except the fedex dely letter :(

Hi Nato,
Just send a email to Philly BEC for 7th year extenstion proof and you will get a reply within a day. I got for one of my colleague yesterday.

GPG

Anyone comments?

activex111 said:
The VISA BULLETIN mentions..
----
The Department of State has determined the family and employment preference numerical limits for FY-2005 in accordance with the terms of Section 201 of the INA. These numerical limitations for FY-2005 are as follows:

Worldwide Family-Sponsored preference limit: 226,000
Worldwide Employment-Based preference limit: 148,449

Under INA Section 202(A), the per-country limit is fixed at 7% of the family and employment annual limits. For FY-2005 the per-country limit is 26,211. The dependent area annual limit is 2%, or 7,489.
----
Does this mean that they are going to analyze and determine different limits for FY06?
If similar numbers are released for FY06, we in EB3, are doomed. There are too many cases even before the last cutoff date which was June 2002.
  • With those cases and the newly approved cases from BEC with PD before June 2002, is it possible that the cutoff date might be pushed prior to June 2002?
  • There are too many cases in EB3 waiting (I think somebody had rough numbers in a prev post). For people with PD in 2003, this will take forever to reach their PDs. Do we have any options other than waiting for atleats 3 more years to file 485?

icarus, mnhrdc, raydhan, etc...anyone comments??

Icarus - An update please.

patience13 said:
Icarus,

Now we see lot of approvals, but still a bunch of cases (like mine, cadesi etc..) are sitting at status "RIR", eventhough our Priority dates are early 2002 and 45-day letters are replied and recevied at BPC (I guess that's how status moved to RIR). why these kind of cases are not picked yet? What could we assume by this ? Are these cases still at Status "RIR" because of some issues ? Can you throw some light into these kind of cases ?

Thanks a lot..

In addition to the above info, it looks like the prevailing wage analysis is already complete.

Just need your advise as to the reasons behind the delay ? With no communication either to the employer or attorney regarding these cases, there is no way for us to find out the reasons for the delay.

As always, appreciate your response to the same.

Thanks
Cadesi

ok_LA said:
hi mnhrdc, thanks for the quick reply.

So you had a different date on your "date submitted" field than what was your true certified date? if so what was the date on your "date submitted" field.

Date submitted=Date Data entered=Julian Date=ETA D#YY/Juliandate-xxxx
Mine was date submitted=04Nov17=D04321-xxx
Date of LC approved May 24th 2005
No DATE OF APPROVAL is found on SCREEN SHOT
Hope this clears your doubt

thanks

mine shows 7/14/2005 =Data entered date = ETA#D05194<<

Last edited by a moderator:
Need Your Advice, Please

Hi Friends,

I really need your input, please. I sent email to Dallas for 7th year extension, (my current 6-year H1b will expire at the end of this Sep) didn't get anywhere, and I followed the suggestion here and from Raydhan, sent another email to Philly center, and got a response WITHIN HALF HOUR!!!! (Thanks, Philly office)

But, I am going to CRY when I read the email! My priority date should be Feb 02, yet it shows Feb 03 in their database, I am in EB3 category, we all know EB3's story, Feb 02 PD will probably allow me to file 140/485 together once I get my LC cleared, but Feb 03 PD will definitely not.

And, as I said before, my attorney hasn't rec'd 45-day letter yet, and every time I asked, they would tell me to be patient. I am sure they are experienced, knowledgeable, but they are just not that helpful.

My question is: should I forward the email I got from Philly to my attorney and ask them to send letter and fix my PD? your suggestions and thoughts are greatly appreciated.

(wondering if that's the reason I didn't get 45-day letter or anything...)

Hi LC4ever

Why dont u send an e-mail back to PBEC informing them that your PD is wrong.

Inque

LC4ever said:
Hi Friends,

I really need your input, please. I sent email to Dallas for 7th year extension, (my current 6-year H1b will expire at the end of this Sep) didn't get anywhere, and I followed the suggestion here and from Raydhan, sent another email to Philly center, and got a response WITHIN HALF HOUR!!!! (Thanks, Philly office)

But, I am going to CRY when I read the email! My priority date should be Feb 02, yet it shows Feb 03 in their database, I am in EB3 category, we all know EB3's story, Feb 02 PD will probably allow me to file 140/485 together once I get my LC cleared, but Feb 03 PD will definitely not.

And, as I said before, my attorney hasn't rec'd 45-day letter yet, and every time I asked, they would tell me to be patient. I am sure they are experienced, knowledgeable, but they are just not that helpful.

My question is: should I forward the email I got from Philly to my attorney and ask them to send letter and fix my PD? your suggestions and thoughts are greatly appreciated.

(wondering if that's the reason I didn't get 45-day letter or anything...)

can I do that?

That will be an easy fix if I can just send email to PBEC:), but I don't have any proof of my PD...
inque said:
Why dont u send an e-mail back to PBEC informing them that your PD is wrong.

Inque