Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

e4c5 said:
Need some help in a scenario likely to happen to me:

My LCA is pending at Dallas BEC (Priority Date: 12 March 2003, CA/RIR/EB3).

What happens if my employer is bought or taken over in the next couple of months?

I realize that this may not be the right thread/forum, but I posted here since the gurus/experts visit here the most.

Thanks
The employer or their agent has the responsibility to provide notice and documentation of the successor-in-interest if a company changes ownership. Failing to do so can cause a Notice of Findings (NOF) with accompanying threat of denial by the BEC and possible additional problems with USCIS when they check out the application for citizenship down the road.

LC4ever said:
I did found my case detailed information from FLC website

http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CasePerm.aspx

I copied the row with my case information (yes, 02/xx/02 PD), and replied PBEC and asked them to fix the PD. If they need any add'l information, I would have to request it from my attorney since I don't have any copies or backups about LC petition.

Thanks, guys. Will keep you guys updated.

and to answer SLEEPLESS IN, my case status is : Data Review

one thing you should learn from my lesson: don't totally rely on your attorney, I am sure they are nice people, but they have many clients. I am glad I didn't follow my attorney's suggestion to sit and wait.
Any corrections will have to be done in Dallas...they have the original file and can verify whether an error has been made.

Thanks, Icarus.

Icarus said:
Any corrections will have to be done in Dallas...they have the original file and can verify whether an error has been made.
Shall I forward PBEC status email to Dallas BEC email address and request PD correction? Hopefully Dallas BEC people will not be offended since I got the update from PBEC.

Last edited by a moderator:
mygcp said:
How do we know if a case is EB2 or EB3? Is it specified by the attoneys in the LCA when they initially apply for GC labor processing or is determined just by your qualification and experience?

What are the requirements to be eligible for EB2?

The job requirement and your degree.

EB2 Includes:
Professionals with advanced degrees
Aliens of "Exceptional Ability" in the sciences, arts or business
Note: both categories require an offer of employment and a labor certification unless a "National Interest Waiver" is obtained.
Master or 5 + year

EB3 Includes:
Professionals with bachelor's degrees
Skilled workers filing positions requiring at least two years of training and experience
Unskilled workers

Even you have doctor degree and your job description only required bachelor's degrees . You still will be EB3.
If your company like to fully support your GC, you are lucky.
Make you job description requirement a little higher than you get it easily.
OtherWise, most of job will not fall into EB2.
It is a game. If you are smart, you will be winner.

JChina said:
My lawyer received LC approved this week. 08/2002.TX, EB2.

Congratulations!!!
Please provide your case details. We will add it to the BEc approval tracker. See my signature for example.
Thanks!

Any updates on TR cases

Hi Icarus
thank you for all the info you are providing us.
Can you please tell where the TR queue is ?
Any D-xxx numbers till where the 45 day letters are issued for TR cases ?
Appreciate any additional insight into this.

Thanks

sfmars said:
It is determined by the position you occupy.

You can be MS or BS + 5 (conditions for EB2) years in the relevant area experience but if your position requires only BS + 4 years you will have to apply for EB3.

It is generally identified by your employer/lawyer through advertisement in the requirements on the initial step

Thanks for the answer.

Fishs0201 said:
The job requirement and your degree.

EB2 Includes:
Professionals with advanced degrees
Aliens of "Exceptional Ability" in the sciences, arts or business
Note: both categories require an offer of employment and a labor certification unless a "National Interest Waiver" is obtained.
Master or 5 + year

EB3 Includes:
Professionals with bachelor's degrees
Skilled workers filing positions requiring at least two years of training and experience
Unskilled workers

Even you have doctor degree and your job description only required bachelor's degrees . You still will be EB3.
If your company like to fully support your GC, you are lucky.
Make you job description requirement a little higher than you get it easily.
OtherWise, most of job will not fall into EB2.
It is a game. If you are smart, you will be winner.

Thank you very much.

Request for help

Hi Icarus,

could you please give some insight into the mail room situation at the Dallas BEC.
How long is it currently taking between when the screen shot says certified to when they actually mail out the hard copy.

Sincerely appreciate your help

GCPD0102 said:
I don't think BEC will consider your letter if you write directly. Your attorney or HR should write to BEC along with proof of mailing your application .. Fedex or Postal receipt.. and also copy of the screen shot and request for correction. After all these years of waiting another year loss in PD is terrible.

I agree as well, working through your lawyer or HR will be more effective.

LC4ever said:
I did found my case detailed information from FLC website

http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CasePerm.aspx

I copied the row with my case information (yes, 02/xx/02 PD), and replied PBEC and asked them to fix the PD. If they need any add'l information, I would have to request it from my attorney since I don't have any copies or backups about LC petition.

Thanks, guys. Will keep you guys updated.

and to answer SLEEPLESS IN, my case status is : Data Review

one thing you should learn from my lesson: don't totally rely on your attorney, I am sure they are nice people, but they have many clients. I am glad I didn't follow my attorney's suggestion to sit and wait.

Doesn't this site has information only on PERM cases? Mine is an RIR and did not find it in the list!

Any idea

My friend's case details came from PBEC ( in response to 7 th year request) with Case # starting with "P-04274xxxxx". His case was filed in CA (priority date 10/18/02) RIR (EB3). I am seeing in this forum that many cases with similar priority dates are in Dalla BEC and got approved. Any reason why this case went to PBEC?

Thanks

Only3moreYears said:
Finally... my lawyer received the hard copy of my labor certification today. I have not seen the approval letter yet, so I don't know when the damn thing was finally reviewed, certified, reviewed again, and mailed before yet another review. I will post additonal info when I see the letter.

Priority Date: 10/24/2002
RIR-California-EB2
ETA Case# D-04308-xxxxx
Occupation Code: 13-2051 (Financial Analyst)
Replied to 45-day letter sometime in Feb 2005
Received a screen shot on 7/14/2005 with
Case Status: Certified :eek:
Date Submitted: 6/24/2005 :confused:
Existence Check: Failed :rolleyes:
what else?
Days waited: 1018! :eek:
# of visits to this threat: too many :confused:
Current state of mind: happily shocked :D

Hope this helps…. and all the very best to everyone out here... and finally thanks to many helpful people (Icarus, gp111, etc) who made the waiting less painful.

Its been more than a month since my lawyer submitted details on recruitment efforts after receiving the phone call from Dallas BEC. I've yet to hear back from them. I would like to know if there are people here in a similar situation? I did see some approvals of similar cases that were received within a month.

Also, has anyone received NOFs or Denials on RIR from the BEC? If so, please share your stories here.

Certified

My details are as follows:

ETA Case # D-05005-*
State : OH
PD: 1/21/2003
Processing Type: RIR
Case Source: Region
Case Received Date: 1/5/2005
Case Status: Certified
Date Submitted: 7/28/2005
Existence Check: Overridden
Correction Letter Generated: 2/10/2005
Hard copy: NOT YET

tusharm said:
My details are as follows:

ETA Case # D-05005-*
State : OH
PD: 1/21/2003
Processing Type: RIR
Case Source: Region
Case Received Date: 1/5/2005
Case Status: Certified
Date Submitted: 7/28/2005
Existence Check: Overridden
Correction Letter Generated: 2/10/2005
Hard copy: NOT YET
hi tusharm,

please do post when you get a hard copy
i have similar details as you, so we can compare.

The approved LC (original copy) is mailed to the lawyer after a case is approved; the employer does not even receive a copy of the approved LC.
Does anybody know clearly whether the employer receives a notice letter when the lawyer receives the original LC? I think the employer should get some thing by mail as well, but my employer said nothing was received.