Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Finally Got Approval

Hello everyone. I just wanted to share the good news that I finally received my approval yesterday. Lawyers received the letter in the mail. Only thing that bothered me was that they either did not know anything until they received that or they did not want to let me know till they actually had it in their hands, because I had absolutely no visibility into the status until we received it yesterday.

Here is my info
PD: July '02
RD: Jan '03
45 day letter received: Jan '05
45 day letter replied: Jan '05
approval notice received: August 11th '05

Wish you all the best and a big thank you to this forum for all the support and help. Please keep up the good work!

regards,
whereismylc

Got my approval

Hello Everybody,
I got my approval today. Thanks to everybody on this board for the regular updates. I hope everybody gets their approval soon.

Case No: Dont Know
PD : 8/2002
RD : 7/2002
EB2/RIR/CA

Please do reply!

Did anybody receive any further information about their case after receiving status as “Data Review?” especially people who have received the 45 day letter and replied it.

Icarus,

What should we do if we have replied for the 45 day letter way back and status is still “Data Review”?

NIW applicant said:
ICARUS!
Have you heard anything at the DBEC regarding people inquiring about their case status at the H1B7yr email address even tho they don't need 7th year extention ?
Are there likely to be any problems with this?
Have there been any improvements in the mail room, or should we all expect a 3 month delay after certfication before we receive our approvals?

THANKS!!!!
PD jan29,'03
I am not sure if most of you have read this regarding Philly center. Considering this washingtonpost article, I think BEC/BRC will try to do better for their public relations.
+++++++++
At the center, officials say it is not uncommon for irate immigrants to show up at their doors. They say calls from members of Congress and human resources managers inquiring about specific applications are getting more common. But they remind critics that the system of immigration is driven by employers' needs and not immigrants' wants.
++++++++++
For the full article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/22/AR2005072202060.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharing some info

My attorney got a call from D-BEC on Wednesday 8/10/05 and had the following questions:

1. Needed proof for Successor-In-Interest
We had provided this earlier along with the 45Day letter. But they want it again.
2. Wanted to know if the job location was still the same.
3. Wanted to know the address of the New company as well as the address of the location of the job

My attorney provided all the information to the Officer working on the case.

Let see what happens next. I have my fingers crossed.

BTW, this is in line with what ICARUS said yesterday, about the queue being still in mid-Feb'03.

Thanks,

My Case similar to the ones you replied, with different PD

Icarus said:
If your case is in RIR, it has been taken from the FIFO queue and an analyst is reviewing it. Reasons for delay in processing can be as simple as waiting on a response from the agent/employer to a possible RIR denial or a possible NOF/denial.

Icarus

Thanks for updates and clarifications.

My LC has been applied through a IL company with PD Dec-2003 in EB2/RIR Category. It made to Chicago region in July 2004. And from there it was shipped to Dallas BEC in Jan 2005. My Attorney received 45 day letter in Feb 2005 and replied to it in the same week.

My employer is applying for H1B extension and requested for proof of pending LC. He got screen shot. In the screen shot my Case status is RIR.

I am concerned by your answer that RIR status mean the case is awaiting an response from employer or attroney. Or there could be NOF.

I am concerned because the previous company I worked had also applied for LC and they got the LC approval last month. I was laid off in 2003 by this previous company, and they are not ready for re-employing in the division I worked at this.

Could this situation be cause of any concern?

Or is my LC case analysis is a long, long way. So status field on the screen shot shows RIR

Appreciate your response

Have great weekend
Regards
Shiva B

Update (my PD was wrong in DBEC database)

I forwarded the email from PBEC to my attorney, and he said I need to make a congressional inquiry to correct the PD, and his office will not do that, I need to ask my HR to type a letter and explain the situation.

Anybody knows what a congressional inquiry is?

Many thanks.

My Case details

Missed to quoe my case details:

PD: Dec-22-2003
RD @ Region: July 2004
45 day letter received: Feb 2005, Replied feb 2005
Case No: D-05005-099XX
State: IL

Hi

shivab said:
Icarus

Thanks for updates and clarifications.

My LC has been applied through a IL company with PD Dec-2003 in EB2/RIR Category. It made to Chicago region in July 2004. And from there it was shipped to Dallas BEC in Jan 2005. My Attorney received 45 day letter in Feb 2005 and replied to it in the same week.

My employer is applying for H1B extension and requested for proof of pending LC. He got screen shot. In the screen shot my Case status is RIR.

I am concerned by your answer that RIR status mean the case is awaiting an response from employer or attroney. Or there could be NOF.

I am concerned because the previous company I worked had also applied for LC and they got the LC approval last month. I was laid off in 2003 by this previous company, and they are not ready for re-employing in the division I worked at this.

Could this situation be cause of any concern?

Or is my LC case analysis is a long, long way. So status field on the screen shot shows RIR

Appreciate your response

Have great weekend
Regards
Shiva B
Sorry to hurt you, but it is irritating that some one ask theses kind of questions without knowing what is going around.DBEC is now processing mid feb 2003 papers your PD is DEC 2003, how come you expect your case status to change.In fact you shoukld be happy that they completed the initial verification in your case.Wait for 10 more months to hear your verdict.

10 more months?

srignram said:
Sorry to hurt you, but it is irritating that some one ask theses kind of questions without knowing what is going around.DBEC is now processing mid feb 2003 papers your PD is DEC 2003, how come you expect your case status to change.In fact you shoukld be happy that they completed the initial verification in your case.Wait for 10 more months to hear your verdict.
Srignram
How did u calculate this period of 10 months for a PD of 12/2003?
Just for information sake, buddy! :confused:

Icarus said:
If your case is in RIR, it has been taken from the FIFO queue and an analyst is reviewing it. Reasons for delay in processing can be as simple as waiting on a response from the agent/employer to a possible RIR denial or a possible NOF/denial.

Icarus,

Do you mean to say that all the cases with case status RIR are already picked up from the FIFO Queue. My case status shows as RIR but my PD is June 2003.

Appreciate all your efforts.

whereismylc said:
Hello everyone. I just wanted to share the good news that I finally received my approval yesterday. Lawyers received the letter in the mail. Only thing that bothered me was that they either did not know anything until they received that or they did not want to let me know till they actually had it in their hands, because I had absolutely no visibility into the status until we received it yesterday.

Here is my info
PD: July '02
RD: Jan '03
45 day letter received: Jan '05
45 day letter replied: Jan '05
approval notice received: August 11th '05

Wish you all the best and a big thank you to this forum for all the support and help. Please keep up the good work!

regards,
whereismylc
Have you lost your mind after all those years of waiting? This is insane.

Estimated LC decision date

I have calculated Feb 2006 as my LC decision letter receipt date based on the following assumptions

1. Currently RIR queue is at Jan 2003
2. In a month the Dallas BEC processes 2months of cases (i.e. each month the queue moves two months)
3. It takes 2 months from the decision date to get the hard copy in mail.

Based on these assumptions the equation looks like

Estimated decision date = current month + your PD months from Jan 2003 divided by 2
Estimated decision receipt date = current month + Estimated decision date + 2 months

For PD of Sept 2003
Estimated decision date = August + 9 months/ 2 = 4.5 months from now = Mid Dec 2005
Estimated decision letter receipt date = Estimated decision date + 2 month = Mid Feb 2006.

TR cases approval from DBEC

Any one has got approval recently for TR cases with priority date in April 2001. All I see are RIR cases approval.

Just wanted to check if they are not reviewing TR cases at all. My case details are as follows
Priority date is April 26, 2001.
Filed at : TWC
Reached regional:12th April 2004
45 day letter replied: 3rd jan 2005
Case status on screen shot: TR

RIR case

Hi UG,

Is this a RD or the PD date?
I mean current process date for RIR cases is the PD date or the RD date, can you/anyone please clarify.

Based on that i can calculate estimation for my LC, my case details are
CA EB3/RIR
PD 11/18/2004

Thanks in advance,

UG. said:
I have calculated Feb 2006 as my LC decision letter receipt date based on the following assumptions

2. In a month the Dallas BEC processes 2months of cases (i.e. each month the queue moves two months)
3. It takes 2 months from the decision date to get the hard copy in mail.

Based on these assumptions the equation looks like

Estimated decision date = current month + your PD months from Jan 2003 divided by 2
Estimated decision receipt date = current month + Estimated decision date + 2 months

For PD of Sept 2003
Estimated decision date = August + 9 months/ 2 = 4.5 months from now = Mid Dec 2005
Estimated decision letter receipt date = Estimated decision date + 2 month = Mid Feb 2006.

Murthy.com on using falsely using 7th yr extension email verification

Hi All,

I know that most of us want to be kept updated on our case and find out what's happening with it. The loophole in teh 7th yr extension email address has been so abused now that there's a message on Murthy.com's bulletin this week about people using it for status checks. Please do not use it unless you really really really need an extension and haven't received a 45 DL that you can use as proof for filing the extension.

---------------------------------
DOL Concern with Abuse of the LC Verification Procedure

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) labor certification Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC) have an eMail address available for requesting a screenshot of the date a pending labor certification was filed. This system was begun so that pending labor certification cases could be confirmed to establish eligibility for H1B extensions beyond the six-year limit. The system is apparently being abused by those sending requests that are clearly unrelated to H1B extensions. This misuse is causing delays for bona fide H1B extension applicants.

The Philadelphia BEC reported in July 2005 that they are receiving eMails requesting the case confirmation screen even when the beneficiary is not in H1B status. As a result, the Philadelphia BEC may be delayed in sending the screenshots for legitimate H1B extension cases. The Philadelphia BEC has requested that the eMail address only be used to request screenshots for proof for one-year incremental H1B extensions only.

We presume that people have been utilizing this eMail address simply to verify that a case has reached the BEC. It is certainly understandable that having cases in an untraceable system creates anxiety and even distrust between employer / employee and client / attorney. There are also times when the filing date and proof of the filing date are vital. This is true in cases filed prior to April 30, 2001, for 245(i) qualification. Thus, people may be seeking the proof of filing for purposes of establishing 245(i) eligibility based upon the labor certification filing. The verification system was established, however, for the limited purpose of H1B extensions while the data is being entered into the system. This restriction should be recognized and respected to help everyone in the long run.

On a related but separate matter, we at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy suggest that the DOL may wish to consider permitting verification through the eMail address or another system for other genuine purposes for those who need some verification or are anxious about pending cases. Of course, after the DOL issues all the 45-day continuation letters, the need for the eMail address for H1B extensions is eliminated. The excessive demand for eMail verifications is likely delaying the issuance of the 45-day letters and case processing by the BECs, so it is best to cooperate and use the system sparingly for legitimate cases.

---- from murthy.com's weekly bulletin

tusharm said:
My details are as follows:
Hi Tusharm,
Congratulations.
Did you need the 7th yr extention or did you just ask for it?
My PD is Jan 29 '03....right around yours.
Please do post when you get the hard copy.
ETA Case # D-05005-*
State : OH
PD: 1/21/2003
Processing Type: RIR
Case Source: Region
Case Received Date: 1/5/2005
Case Status: Certified
Date Submitted: 7/28/2005
Existence Check: Overridden
Correction Letter Generated: 2/10/2005
Hard copy: NOT YET

Case Source is State but case was moved to regional dept

Gurus,

Below is my LC application detail. I sent an email to backlogcenters (H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US and h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us) to inquire the status of my LC applicaiton. They both replied immediately but the one from Dallas was not viewable. The info below was sent by Philly. I noticed that the Case Source is State but I received a letter last year (2004) around Sept telling me that my case has been moved to Regional Dept. Will there be any impact on my application is the Case Source is State. Will I get my LC approval longer because of this? Please advise.

Does anybody has idea when should I expect my LC approval based from the details below?

ETA Case # D-04321-xxxxx
State : CA
PD: 11/xx/2003
Processing Type: RIR
Case Source: State
Case Received Date: 11/16/2004
Case Status: RIR
Processing Center: Dallas Backlog Elimination Center

Thanks,
batang_tx

Can anybody tell me a way to withdraw a case from DBEC. Only attorney can do this? or my employer can also do. I have a pending EB3 non-RIR case in DBEC with 12/2003 as PD and 5/2004 as RD in Chicago . If any body has any info about DBEC schedule please assure me that my case won't be approved this month even by mistake(If this gets approved my PERM app will automatically be denied).

Last edited by a moderator: