Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

srignram said:
Hi,
I can understand your emotional feelings.Also i have got some other work to do, unlike you to visit this forum often.My theory is this: DBEC is clearing RIR that made to Regional now.As per ICARUS and subsequent analysis they are completing around 3500 to 4000 papers every month.If you are a regular visitor and reading all the old topics you can calculate total number of RIR papers filed in the year 2003 and your PD is DEc'03 and right now they are processing mid feb 2003.on top of it DBEC will start sending 45 days letter for SWA cases from Sep'05, once the reply from them come back those early RIR papers(there are hell a lot of people with 2001&2002 PD ) are waiting will come on to RIR queue.Now i leave it to your guess.
Finally my PD is Jul'03and my papers reached Regional before transferred to BEC, if anything good to happen then that is going to be foe me first before you.
one final advise there are lot of people early PD then you waiting patiently, so keep your cool or find the alternative.

Who wants what is different from who deserves what and who gets what

keep u r theorem to u r self buddy. i am not emotional nor my expressions are feelings.

i have no more to write to u - bothering this forums resources and everyones time.

have a nice day

H1-B 7th Year

Hi

I wanted to know if in case, I sent mail to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US for 7th year extension then

My quesiton

what is the content of this mail?
Is there a problem if you sent multiple mail for same case from multiple time?

Your prompt response is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Sandeep Sahai

shivab said:
Icarus

Thanks for updates and clarifications.

My LC has been applied through a IL company with PD Dec-2003 in EB2/RIR Category. It made to Chicago region in July 2004. And from there it was shipped to Dallas BEC in Jan 2005. My Attorney received 45 day letter in Feb 2005 and replied to it in the same week.

My employer is applying for H1B extension and requested for proof of pending LC. He got screen shot. In the screen shot my Case status is RIR.

I am concerned by your answer that RIR status mean the case is awaiting an response from employer or attroney. Or there could be NOF.

I am concerned because the previous company I worked had also applied for LC and they got the LC approval last month. I was laid off in 2003 by this previous company, and they are not ready for re-employing in the division I worked at this.

Could this situation be cause of any concern?

Or is my LC case analysis is a long, long way. So status field on the screen shot shows RIR

Appreciate your response

Have great weekend
Regards
Shiva B
RIR status only means the case is being reviewed for certifiability...no more no less. Yes, it being in that status for an extended period could mean different things, but it would seem to be a little premature for panic.

perm or not 2 perm

my case was filed in end of march 2005! EB3

Considering filing under perm for EB2!!

I am a software engineer having 5+ years of exp

please advise

45 day letters

Hi Icarus,

Any idea when the rest of us should expect 45 days letters ?
It looks like that BEC stopped sending them.

Me either

shivab said:
Who wants what is different from who deserves what and who gets what

keep u r theorem to u r self buddy. i am not emotional nor my expressions are feelings.

i have no more to write to u - bothering this forums resources and everyones time.

have a nice day
Good Luck and i didnt start this nonsense.

Icarus said:
RIR status only means the case is being reviewed for certifiability...no more no less. Yes, it being in that status for an extended period could mean different things, but it would seem to be a little premature for panic.

Thanks Friend

Have a nice weeked

Regards
Shivab

Hold off a little bit.

You might wanna go through another post by kaizersoze in this forum.

EB2 is going to be retrogressed "no later" than dec (probably november). Additionally you will be required to withdraw previous lc application as per the new FAQ released by DOL.

You would definitely want to think over these 2 things, before taking any further steps

kalpssoni said:
my case was filed in end of march 2005! EB3

Considering filing under perm for EB2!!

I am a software engineer having 5+ years of exp

please advise

kaizersoze said:
Guys,

got this from www.Immigration-law.com. This is relevant for those who have pending cases in backlog and are planning to file fresh PERM case. If PERM gets approved, the older PD will be lost for sure now. THis is BAD.

08/11/2005: One Employer One Employee Labor Certification Principle Adopted by DOL

According to the Frequently Asked Questions Round 5 which was released yesterday, the DOL will recognize and certified only one labor certification for one employee by the same employer regardless of identical job or different job (Principle of One Labor Certification for One Employee Only with One Employer). Accordingly, effective August 31, 2005, the DOL will take following actions:
PERM Cases:
(1) Once one PERM case is certified, all other PERM applications filed by the same employer for the same employee will be denied regardless of same job or different job.
(2) Once one PERM case is certified and any backlog case is pending at the Backlog Processing Centers for the same employee, regardless of same job or different job, the Backlog Center will issure Notice of Findings to deny the pending backlog cases.
Backlog Cases:
Once one backlog case is certified, any other cases pending at the PERM National Processing Centers or the Backlog Processing Centers will be denied.
Revocation of Multiple Certified Cases:
Should they learn that multiple applications have been inadvertently certified for the same employer and the employee, regardless of same job or different job, all the cases which have been certified after the first case certification will be revoked by the DOL. Only first certified case will thus survice.
If the DOL inadvertently certified both PERM application and the backlog application, regardless of the sequence of the certifications, the DOL will revoke the PERM application.
Multiple Pending Cases:
When an application is pending, employer must first withdraw a pending application before a new application is filed for the same employee.
If Employer filed multiple cases and all these cases are pending, only the application which was filed "last" will be certified and all other cases which were filed prior to the last case filing will be denied.
For the details, read the full text of http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/perm_faqs_8-8-05.pdf

To Icarus

Hi Icarus,
You have been an wonderful and excellent resource for status updates. I wanted to find out if my case will be reviewed soon and if so what might be the estimated timeframe that I receive the hard copy of the approval. I don't want to send the email and find out the status, because It will be impacting others who need it genuinely.

Thanks,

Hello Icarus,

There are few cases including mine with PD of july 2002 CA-RIR.The status is RIR now.We have responded to 45 days letter in Feb 2005.What does it to mean to these applications?

Thanks

Icarus said:
Icarus,

What would you say about “Data review”? Is this something to worry about if your case is in “Data Review” for a while even you replied for the 45Day letter?

Thanks,

I was just curious

I was just curious that:

If the cases get certified Feb 2005 then when should we expect the hard copy? If anybody has the estimated time frame, please share it with us.

Thanks,
Komal

Hello Icarus,

There are few cases including mine with PD of july 2002 CA-RIR.The status is RIR now.We have responded to 45 days letter in Feb 2005.What does it to mean to these applications?

Thanks

wait wait wait------------------

cmcindia said:
Hello Icarus,

Thanks
all u can do is wait.Wait for the call from HR,EMPLOYER/LAWYER.Wait for tapali(postman).And wait till the BABU pick's up your case and certify,wait some more for the chaprasi to mail the GOLDEN LETTER.Till then keep on visiting this site for great info from members of this forum :D
dil pe mat lena yaro :D
PD:01APRIL2001
RD:SEP2003
45 DAY LETTER RECVD &SENT DEC2004
CASE STATUS:RIR as of 8/09/2005

Friends,
I am sorry to let you know that my brother got laid off on Friday (Aug 12). He is on F-1 OPT and has only 3 months remaining to change status to H-1. His OPT expires on Dec 12, 2005. We are very worried because of the quota issue. He is a Mechanical Engineer and has a Master's degree in Mech Engg from the US. There are only 10,000 more H-1B visas left for US Master's degree holders for FY 2006. If he doesn't get a new job and hence a new H-1B status, he will have to permanently go back to India after Dec 12, 2005. Only God knows how much my mom and him have struggled to get student loans and have him get a US Master's degree. It is very painful to think of it. He is now starting to apply for PhD programs and other MS degrees to maintain F-1 status after OPT expiration. If any of you guys are Mechanical Engineers and have possible job openings in your company, please contact me ASAP. I can forward his resume to you. I will greatly appreciate any support you can offer.
Thank you all!!!

------------

Also, I know that this is unrelated to this tracker...I have most friends in this tracker and hence but I am posting it here because I need emotional support from my friends in this thread. So, please don't shoot me.

mvinays,

Universities, colleges and other non-profitable government organizations are not the subject of the H1B cap. If H1 cap is reached non profitable organizations can continue request H1 visa as many as they want , H1 cap is not applicable for them. Abovementioned employers even do not pay training fee to INS 1,500$.

Did your brother tried to look for the department in his University which can sponsor his H1 ? It could be the best option for him to get a job there without experiens in US.

mvinays said:
Friends,
I am sorry to let you know that my brother got laid off on Friday (Aug 12). He is on F-1 OPT and has only 3 months remaining to change status to H-1. His OPT expires on Dec 12, 2005. We are very worried because of the quota issue. He is a Mechanical Engineer and has a Master's degree in Mech Engg from the US. There are only 10,000 more H-1B visas left for US Master's degree holders for FY 2006. If he doesn't get a new job and hence a new H-1B status, he will have to permanently go back to India after Dec 12, 2005. Only God knows how much my mom and him have struggled to get student loans and have him get a US Master's degree. It is very painful to think of it. He is now starting to apply for PhD programs and other MS degrees to maintain F-1 status after OPT expiration. If any of you guys are Mechanical Engineers and have possible job openings in your company, please contact me ASAP. I can forward his resume to you. I will greatly appreciate any support you can offer.
Thank you all!!!

------------

Also, I know that this is unrelated to this tracker...I have most friends in this tracker and hence but I am posting it here because I need emotional support from my friends in this thread. So, please don't shoot me.

sfmars said:
mvinays,

Universities, colleges and other non-profitable government organizations are not the subject of the H1B cap. If H1 cap is reached non profitable organizations can continue request H1 visa as many as they want , H1 cap is not applicable for them. Abovementioned employers even do not pay training fee to INS 1,500$.

Did your brother tried to look for the department in his University which can sponsor his H1 ? It could be the best option for him to get a job there without experiens in US.

sfmars,
He says his Univ's Math dept has funding and he may go there for another MS program. He will get TAship and he is applying today for Canadian PR card too... If he can hang on for another one in year in F-1 student status in the US, he may be able to get his Canadian PR and move there permanently if he continues to have bad luck finding a new H-1B job or gets standed due to H-1 quota expiration. this is another option we have been thinking.

question about wage comparison

I have a question about the wage comparison.

DOL compares my wage against:

1) prevailing wage at the time of filing my labor (2002)
2) prevailing wage at the time I started with my employer (2000)
3) prevailing wage at the time my application is reviewed by DOL (probably 2005)

Please let me know which of the above choices is correct.

Thanks!

your PD

djb said:
I have a question about the wage comparison.

DOL compares my wage against:

1) prevailing wage at the time of filing my labor (2002)
2) prevailing wage at the time I started with my employer (2000)
3) prevailing wage at the time my application is reviewed by DOL (probably 2005)

Please let me know which of the above choices is correct.

Thanks!
At the time of your labour filing

Data review

vsaxena said:
Icarus,

What would you say about “Data review”? Is this something to worry about if your case is in “Data Review” for a while even you replied for the 45Day letter?

Thanks,
(I am in the same situation..!)

Hi Icarus/gurus, I greately appreciate for your time and for providing extremely valuable information in the DBEC forum.

Does anybody know what is the case status "Data Review" means.

Will the cases in "Data Review" be picked up for analysis when the analyst queue come to the PD. Anybody's case has been approved after the status showing data review..

My details:
My PD is in early Apr 03, my attonery replied to 45 day letter in Dec 2004, but
my H1B screenshot shows that case status is "data review".

I am really worried that whether my case will be picked up for review or not when the queue comes to Apr 2003. Is there anything my attorney can do to make the staus change to RIR

Thanks in advance.