Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

You are confused...

Everything is based on PD not RD

hobby said:
If it is true, it is good new. My RD Feb. 2003 should be earlier than your RD. I want to make sure your case is RIR EB2 or not. If that, I will be next luck guy.

Good luck for everybody.

Worried?

sbdol said:
Guys look at today's http://www.immigration-law.com/

Maybe wel will not need this labor certification after all. Something tells me that this bill is going to pass. And it looks like there is no room for the Department of Labor :D
I hope I understand it right.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SEC. 214. ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS TO LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENT.

(ii) the alien, provided the alien has been employed under such nonimmigrant status for at least 3 years.
[/B]

If this becomes a law, illegal immigrants using H5-A etc. will be able to file for AOS ONLY after 4 years of employment. HOPEFULLY (Note: hopefullyis in uppercase :- ) ) BEC will have cleared all backloggged cases and we all might have got GC. This is going be become bad for people who would file after 3-4 years (as we all know , by then TONS of rules and laws will change). God help us all...... AND ofcourse GOD BLESS AMERICA and their LAW MAKERS.

Can't we suggest to the senators that H1-B holders should also be allowed to file for AOS after 3 or 4 years of employment and make it retroactive.

sbdol said:
Guys look at today's http://www.immigration-law.com/

Maybe wel will not need this labor certification after all. Something tells me that this bill is going to pass. And it looks like there is no room for the Department of Labor :D
I hope I understand it right.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SEC. 214. ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS TO LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENT.

(a) EMPLOYMENT-BASED IMMIGRANT VISAS- Section 212(t) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1182(t)), as amended by section 213, is further amended by adding after paragraph (11) the following:

`(12)(A) Nonimmigrant aliens admitted or otherwise provided status under clause (ii)(b) or (ii)(c) of section 101(a)(15)(H) shall be eligible for an employment-based immigrant visa pursuant to section 203(b)(3) and adjustment of status pursuant to section 245.

`(B) Pursuant to subparagraph (A), for purposes of adjustment of status under section 245(a) or issuance of an immigrant visa under section 203(b)(3), employment-based immigrant visas shall be made available, without regard to any numerical limitation imposed by section 201 or 202, to an alien having nonimmigrant status described in clause (ii)(b) or (ii)(c) of section 101(a)(15)(H) upon the filing of a petition for such a visa by--

`(i) the employer or any collective bargaining agent of the alien; or

`(ii) the alien, provided the alien has been employed under such nonimmigrant status for at least 3 years.

Does this non-immigrant status refer specifically to H-1B or H-5A or both?

mvinays said:
Does this non-immigrant status refer specifically to H-1B or H-5A or both?

Good question, I also have the same question, Nonimmigrant aliens admitted or otherwise provided status under clause (ii)(b) or (ii)(c) of section 101(a)(15)(H) shall be eligible for an employment-based immigrant visa"
Here (ii)(b) of 101(a)(15)(h) says temporary permit to US for performing services" it specifically does not mention H1 or any other visa.

GC_Lover said:
Good question, I also have the same question, Nonimmigrant aliens admitted or otherwise provided status under clause (ii)(b) or (ii)(c) of section 101(a)(15)(H) shall be eligible for an employment-based immigrant visa"
Here (ii)(b) of 101(a)(15)(h) says temporary permit to US for performing services" it specifically does not mention H1 or any other visa.

I guess government deals with problem. H1B and LC is not a problem from the government point of view. Illegal immigration is.

ALL THIS GOVERMENT :) WANT'S IS TO MAKE ILLIGAL TO LEGAL SO THEY CAN COLLECT TAXES (SOCIAL, MEDICARE ETC).

SEE THIS NEW BILL FOR ILLIGAL PERSONS "THEY CAN NOT APPLY FOR G.C FOR 4YEARS??" :eek:

THIS IS ALL GIMIC ;) FIRST THEY COLLECTED TAXES FROM US AND NOW THEY ARE TRYING HARD TO GET US OUT OF THIS COUNTRY BY MAKING THIS DAME GC PROCESS LENGHTY BY PUTTING RESTROGATION ON EB3 / EB2 COMMING SOON.

PEOPLE LIKE US STILL WAITING AND STRUGGLING :mad: :mad:

(ii)(b) or (ii)(c) of section 101(a)(15)(H)

I have been trying to find what this clause means. Haven't been able to obtain a new document.

As per older document, I feel a little hopeful.

http://uscis.gov/lpBin/lpext.dll/in...lates&fn=document-frame.htm#slb-act101a15hiii

As per above 101 (H) (sections iia and iib are)

(ii)
(a) having a residence in a foreign country which he has no intention of abandoning who is coming temporarily to the United States to perform agricultural labor or services, as defined by the Secretary of Labor in regulations and including agricultural labor defined in section 3121(g) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 and agriculture as defined in section 3(f) of the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 (29 U.S.C. 203(f)), of a temporary or seasonal nature, or

(b) having a residence in a foreign country which he has no intention of abandoning who is coming temporarily to the United States to perform other temporary service or labor if unemployed persons capable of performing such service or labor cannot be found in this country, but this clause shall not apply to graduates of medical schools coming to the United States to perform services as members of the medical profession; or ...................

As per ii(b), I think H1 B qualify, but this is old document for 101(H) - read doc 101, section H. I haven't been able to find 101(a) anywhere - if anybody knows where it is, point this out in the forum.

Thanks.

M

Good News!!

gp111 said:
Check it out.. Its great News : Approval from Dallas BEC.

tgunukula

I got LC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi fellow members.
Today i got email from lawyer saying that my labor application is aparoved. Mine was in Dallas BES center. That means they started processing. My priority date is 4/02 and RD is first week 0f 5/03. Got 45 daya love letter in Jan 05. replied on 20 the JAN. Hopefully we will meet all you in 140 tracker. GOD 3years waiting. Dont know what happens in 140 and 485.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1147228&postcount=2833

Congratulations to tgunukula. I've also been waiting for over 3years now and my priority date is APR 2002. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope to hear the good news soon!!

marin_count said:
I haven't been able to find 101(a) anywhere - if anybody knows where it is, point this out in the forum.

Thanks.

M

It's right at the top of the page:
http://uscis.gov/lpBin/lpext.dll/inserts/slb/slb-1/slb-22/slb-459?f=templates&fn=document-frame.htm

Sec. 101. [8 U.S.C. 1101] (a) As used in this Act-...

There's no section (ii)(c), however

P.S. and it seems to me H1B corresponds to 101(a)(H)(i)(b) -- if you convert those (i),(ii) from Roman numerals, you'll get exactly the visa class

Last edited by a moderator:
More & More Approvals from Dallas BEC

See the Post by Shaaka
----------------------------------

shaaka

Approvals flooding over my attorney's office

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guys,

My lawyer received lot of approvals for RIR cases from Dallas BEC. Some of them are 2001 and lot of 2002 approvals.

All approvals are from Dallas BEC

She said that latest approvals she got is for Mar 2002, End of Apr 2002 . She got this approvals in last week of Apr 2005.... .

She said Dallas BEC queue is far beyond Aug 2002.

When i asked how do you know about the queue she said, she sent a email query to find the status about one Aug 2002 RIR case and she got reply back with "FINAL REVIEW". That's how she confirmed this.

ICARUS.......Looks like you will need to give a queue status update..Where is the queue exactly now......

Some refreshing news from other thread.

gp111 said:
See the Post by Shaaka

Guys,

My lawyer received lot of approvals for RIR cases from Dallas BEC. Some of them are 2001 and lot of 2002 approvals.

She said that latest approvals she got is for Mar 2002, End of Apr 2002 . She got this approvals in last week of Apr 2005.... .

When i asked how do you know about the queue she said, she sent a email query to find the status about one Aug 2002 RIR case and she got reply back with "FINAL REVIEW". That's how she confirmed this.

ICARUS.......Looks like you will need to give a queue status update..Where is the queue exactly now......

labor69 said:
Some refreshing news from other thread.

Guys,

May be a dumb question but I have to ask: Are these PDs or RDs?
My PD is Feb 2002 and RD is Jun 2003. SFO- RIR

2muchwait said:
May be a dumb question but I have to ask: Are these PDs or RDs?
My PD is Feb 2002 and RD is Jun 2003. SFO- RIR

Everything in BRC's wrt to PDs.
Ur case may be in Philly not in Dallas.

Indira Gandhi - since you came here, you have been nothing but disruptive - why are you blaming Zany for posting his thread link? constructive work has been done,and now you have created your own thread just because you want to - this is not the Apprentice show - just unite and be one

good day and see u next week

puhrince said:
Indira Gandhi - since you came here, you have been nothing but disruptive - why are you blaming Zany for posting his thread link? constructive work has been done,and now you have created your own thread just because you want to - this is not the Apprentice show - just unite and be one

good day and see u next week

Hey puhrince...

Dont be so mean to her... I get out of bed each day wondering what new stunts IG's gonna pull today... ;)

Let her be... her posts are funny if you dont take them personally :D

later guys (and all you absolutely fabulous ladies)

Well Said..

spidey said:
Hey puhrince...

Dont be so mean to her... I get out of bed each day wondering what new stunts IG's gonna pull today... ;)

Let her be... her posts are funny if you dont take them personally :D

later guys (and all you absolutely fabulous ladies)

EB3 Visa numbers do not move

All
The EB3 REtrogression is now getting worse. the date has not moved this month when it moved two months last month. Anyway, the buletin is out and you guys can take a look at it.

Also as a foot note, the state department has this on the bulletin

D. RETROGRESSION OF THE EMPLOYMENT-BASED THIRD PREFERENCE “OTHER WORKER”
CATEGORY FOR JUNE
As mentioned in the Visa Bulletin announcing the May cut-off dates, demand for visa numbers in the Employment Other Worker category has remained extremely high despite the imposition of a cut-off date. As a result, it has been necessary to retrogress the June cut-off date in an attempt to hold number use within the annual limit. It is likely that the limit will be reached sometime during June, and the category would immediately become “unavailable”.

E. VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE REMAINDER OF FY-2005

Employment-based: During the past month there has been a significant increase in the amount of numbers being used by Citizenship and Immigration Service (CIS) offices for adjustment of status applicants. This level of demand has significantly depleted the supply of Employment-based numbers available under the annual limit. Recent discussions with CIS have made it clear that their backlog reduction efforts will sustain or increase the current level of demand. Therefore, continued visa availability in the Employment-based categories cannot be guaranteed during the final quarter of FY-2005. If demand continues at the current rate, it will be necessary to oversubscribe many or all of the Employment categories on a Worldwide basis. Such oversubscription could result in the establishment of cut-off dates, retrogression of already established dates, or some categories becoming “unavailable”.

Mexico: Heavy applicant demand in all of the Mexico Family-sponsored categories is causing the issuance level to approach the annual limit. It is likely that many of the Mexico cut-off dates will be retrogressed during the final months of FY-2005.

This means we got Serious problem ahead and the situation is not going to improve intil Year 2006 according to some sources and it can only get worse for EB2.