Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

45 day letter

any idea/speculations on 45 day letter for

state: SWA :CA, EB-2, RIR
PD: 2-FEB-2005

Not PERM process.

any guess on when can I expect 45 day letter??

Thanks in advance

IN2US said:
any idea/speculations on 45 day letter for

state: SWA :CA, EB-2, RIR
PD: 2-FEB-2005

Not PERM process.

any guess on when can I expect 45 day letter??

Thanks in advance

According to backlog centers june 30, but my personal opinion is this year end for 45 day letters.

The problem is that there are at least 12 Million of wetbacks! even if only one of ten went to protest it is still more than a million people. We are no more than 250K so we can't make that much noise and besides american people couldn't care less, after all we can't vote and they must be thinking "why these bloody foreigners complain? if they don't like the way things are here just come back to wherever you are coming from."

What we can do is organize in sending collective letters like this immigrationvoice.org iniciative.... but so far, I haven't seen any results from there and more than 50K people have signed that letter already.

kapslock said:
You're right CALabor. We are not united, and we stay in the air conditioned environs and post emails. Look at the hundreds of thousands Mexicans that came out to rally, and got their voice heard.

The point is, if you don't count, no one's going to come and dole the GC on you. You have to make yourself count - and emails unfortunately isn't the way to go.

It is sad that people's lives hang in a balance because the government just doesn't make up its mind.

More details

calabor said:
it is a bit confusing still....even if LC1 is approved, how will u use it?
if u can uset it because of B acquiring A, then why B even filed LC2
Iinstead of reusing LC1)?
Did your position change when B grabbed A?

Generally speaking (specific cases aside) when B aquires A, it says it'll
sponsor/takeover immigration/H1 matters of A too. That way all immigration
stuff stays same except for probably employer name change etc. So generally
speaking LC1 was still valid for B.

ask attorney specifically how LC1 and LC2 were handled and indeed LC2 was
different rather than name change on LC1.

Ironically the attorneys for company B, felt that attorneys of A didnt submit a strong enough application and so they filed LC2. As things stand today, I think i could possibly use LC1 or PERM. LC1 I thought was all good... but that doesnt seem like the case.. LC1 and LC2 happened within a reasonably short period of time too.. Has anyone else faced this kind of a messup?..
CALABOR, my best wishes for a quick resolution to your LC problems. good luck.

I disagree

Vote or not - if this meagre # of 250 K people decide to STOP working for a DAY - the effect will be quite interesting and will definitely make a noise. What you may be ignoring my learned friend is that most of us work in high-profile companies where even a days' loss of work could add up.

Network effect is huge - I am not going to challenge the might of 12 M people but I can tell you - our "off-computer" sort of protest will not be a small amount of loss financially... Think of institutions like Deloitte & Touche, Franklin Templeton, Wells Fargo, Citibank - even a 10,000 people not reporting to work on a day can rake the bill up to millions ...

Immigration voice is a good attempt - but they are not reaching the others. Its on the East Coast. Not many are interested in it on the West... we need coast to coast effort here.

Problem is we are second guessing ourselves, even before trying!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

CaptainPicard said:
The problem is that there are at least 12 Million of wetbacks! even if only one of ten went to protest it is still more than a million people. We are no more than 250K so we can't make that much noise and besides american people couldn't care less, after all we can't vote and they must be thinking "why these bloody foreigners complain? if they don't like the way things are here just come back to wherever you are coming from."

What we can do is organize in sending collective letters like this immigrationvoice.org iniciative.... but so far, I haven't seen any results from there and more than 50K people have signed that letter already.

calabor2001 said:
Vote or not - if this meagre # of 250 K people decide to STOP working for a DAY - the effect will be quite interesting and will definitely make a noise. What you may be ignoring my learned friend is that most of us work in high-profile companies where even a days' loss of work could add up.

Network effect is huge - I am not going to challenge the might of 12 M people but I can tell you - our "off-computer" sort of protest will not be a small amount of loss financially... Think of institutions like Deloitte & Touche, Franklin Templeton, Wells Fargo, Citibank - even a 10,000 people not reporting to work on a day can rake the bill up to millions ...

Immigration voice is a good attempt - but they are not reaching the others. Its on the East Coast. Not many are interested in it on the West... we need coast to coast effort here.

Problem is we are second guessing ourselves, even before trying!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

interesting....but if this effect is indeed that huge, the institutions you mentioned might kick these 250K people onto the streets next day......contrcting companies might lose their contracts.....and the effect will ripple to lowest on the rung (who else?)....all said and done, these are the institutions backing these 250K ppl. (and more).....they pulling something that goes against the companies' interest, what can i say....

of course if your bosses cooperate its another story.....

Sending Continuation Option Letter ?? (CASE CLOSED TWICE)

Thanks to all forum members..

Please suggest..
My case closed TWICE due to non receipt of 45 day letter. While asking to reinstate the case, how about the idea of VOLUNTARILY Sending DBEC the copy of Continuation Option Letter to make them understand that employer is interest in processing the case..
Has any one attempted this? Appreciate your reply

Thanks,
CASE CLOSED TWICE
APR03/OH /EB2/RIR/

AnbuFl said:
Again for the second time DBEC closed my case in MAY2006.. Earlier to this my case was closed in 2005 due to non reciept of "45 day letter" and we got it reinstated in SEP2005. Again after 9 months with no progress DBEC closed the case once again due to same reason.. When attorney contacted DBEC, DBEC left us voice mail that this case is closing due to "system error"

This case was filed in APR2003 with RIR and EB2 cat.. No progress and still in zero state.. .any suggestion?

Has any one faced case closure TWICE??

Thanks in adv for reply
AnbFl

PD APR2003
Case No D-05011-153XX
EB2/RIR/
----------------------------------------------------

Didn't see much approval recently

:confused: I haven't seen much approvals recently and wondered what they are doing now. I got my 45 days letter replied on May 22nd, and HOPING to get the approval soon so that I can come back to my home country for a visit. Is there anyone whose case got approved with PD date June 2004? Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!

worriedOkie said:
It is now my turn to share the good news. After 4 yrs and 3 months of wait, I finally received my labor approval.
It seems that BEC is now going back and approving the left out cases.

I hope that is true!!

what does RIR mean

HuhGC said:
living on hopes..

what does the RIR in screen shot mean. I have a MS in Computer Science .and have 8 years work experience in U.S.I was till today under the impression that my case was filed under EB2 RIR category but i came to know its EB3 Is there something called EB3 RIR. also i am from worldwide category can i file ead/ap and 140/485 concurrently?Any inputs?

45-day letter arrived

45-day letter arrived

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PD is 3/26/2005
How long will it take to get approved? Is there anybody else get 45-day letter with this later PD?
:D

Manubilga

I am canadian citizan and working here in usa as a school teacher. My employer filed LC in NOV -04 and Thay reveived a 45 day letter. How long it takes to receive a Labor Certification

Chocolate said:
what does the RIR in screen shot mean. I have a MS in Computer Science .and have 8 years work experience in U.S.I was till today under the impression that my case was filed under EB2 RIR category but i came to know its EB3 Is there something called EB3 RIR. also i am from worldwide category can i file ead/ap and 140/485 concurrently?Any inputs?

RIR is reduction in recruitment, EB2/3 doesn't mean anything at labor stage. only rir makes sense, meaning lawyers did(do) the recruitment before sending in the LC to state. may be ur job position did not require a EB2(not sure) qualification. anyways after your labor is approved, u can talk your lawyers into applying under EB2. for EB2 i think it is current for worldwide category, oct01 for EB3, so if your Priority dats is less than 0ct01, u can even apply in EB3.

I hope you got what i am saying, and did not confuse you...

I think they are pretty much busy with generating and sending 45 days letter and I think we will start seeing more approval after June, 2006.

panpangc said:
:confused: I haven't seen much approvals recently and wondered what they are doing now. I got my 45 days letter replied on May 22nd, and HOPING to get the approval soon so that I can come back to my home country for a visit. Is there anyone whose case got approved with PD date June 2004? Thank you!

Hi CSRINI1,

You are absolutely right, just one thing I would like you to clarify please, you said after labor approval he/she could apply I140 under EB2, I think once your LC got approved based on job position which was needed EB3 category, I am not sure you could apply I140 under EB2 category.

Thanks !!

csrini1 said:
RIR is reduction in recruitment, EB2/3 doesn't mean anything at labor stage. only rir makes sense, meaning lawyers did(do) the recruitment before sending in the LC to state. may be ur job position did not require a EB2(not sure) qualification. anyways after your labor is approved, u can talk your lawyers into applying under EB2. for EB2 i think it is current for worldwide category, oct01 for EB3, so if your Priority dats is less than 0ct01, u can even apply in EB3.

I hope you got what i am saying, and did not confuse you...