Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

45day letter / Continuation Option Letter

My case closed TWICE due to non receipt of 45 day letter.
While asking to reinstate the case, how about the idea of VOLUNTARILY Sending DBEC the copy of Continuation Option Letter to make them understand that employer is interest in processing the case..
Has any one attempted this? Appreciate your reply

Thanks,
CASE CLOSED TWICE
APR03/OH /EB2/RIR/
Case No D-05011-153XX

AnbuFl said:
My case closed TWICE due to non receipt of 45 day letter.
While asking to reinstate the case, how about the idea of VOLUNTARILY Sending DBEC the copy of Continuation Option Letter to make them understand that employer is interest in processing the case..
Has any one attempted this? Appreciate your reply

Thanks,
CASE CLOSED TWICE
APR03/OH /EB2/RIR/
Case No D-05011-153XX

the BEC might use it as a proof that the reply was sent *AFTER* 45-days from the postmark!! i would think following conventional ways is better with BEC

grnc said:
My PD is 1/28/2002...still waiting for 45 day letter. Don't worry we are together in this.

grnc, can u put more details, like mine in your signature, so we all have a better idea(and more information), as to why such a old case still did not get a 45 day letter. did u ask ur attorney/employer if they really got any letters, bcos some attorneys don't even care of informing anything, they think we don't need to know... so try asking ur attorney,

if you are desperate to get a D or a P number, may be try to send email asking for proof for h1b extension, you may get a reply with a screen shot. atleast u will know ur case is not lost!! what say bro?

My details...

csrini1 said:
grnc, can u put more details, like mine in your signature, so we all have a better idea(and more information), as to why such a old case still did not get a 45 day letter. did u ask ur attorney/employer if they really got any letters, bcos some attorneys don't even care of informing anything, they think we don't need to know... so try asking ur attorney,

if you are desperate to get a D or a P number, may be try to send email asking for proof for h1b extension, you may get a reply with a screen shot. atleast u will know ur case is not lost!! what say bro?

Here is my info...

KS RIR, EB3
PD Date: 1-28-2002
State Approval: sometime in the third week of december 2002
No 45 day letter yet.
Dallas BPC Case # D-05318-*****
Got the case number by sending email to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US

Case closed?

Anyone has an experience for reopening a case? How long does it generaly take from filing a reopening motion to appoval? Thanks!

name error

Hi,

Lawyer inform my 45 DL a month ago. Today I ask for a copy of the letter but found my name appeared on the letter is misspelled. A letter 'I' changed to letter 'O'. Lawyer said he has informed BEC but till now without any reply.

Does anybody meet the same problem? I was hoping to get certified in this month but seems my case is screwed.

Thanks & Regards
iihome

RIR/CA/EB2/45DL-Apr27,06/PD-Apr04/

45d and LC Estimates from my lawyer

Talked w my lawyer yesterday and here are her estimates:

45d Letter - within 1-2 months (by Jul/Aug 2006)
LC Decision - within 6 months (by Dec 2006/Jan 2007)

Thought would be useful for others in the same boat...

jaydsai said:
Labor approved by Dallas after 40 months.

RIR, EB-2
PD: Jan '03
State: California
Case closed: '05
Motion to reopen: Aug '05
Case reopened: Nov '05
Approved: Jun '06

NIW
I-485: '05
I-140 approved: Sep '06
EAD approved: Sep '05
Medical: Nov '05
Biometrics: Jun '06

Congratulations!!!!!!!

:)

I could not help but smile on your response. While I understand your angst, it also speaks volumes of the willingness to take crap and be always afraid of the consequence.

May I remind you - that it isn't easy to just let people go like that. If these institutions are supporting your cause - why haven't we seen anything happen. Anyhow, don't wanna make this a "you against me" or vice versa conversation. Its our perspective. Keep in mind, this is capitalistic world - if you don't care of yourself, no one else will. ("you" here is not you personally - but a generic reference). Nothing personal, mate - yet I seriously believe, we are our biggest enemies.

Anyhow... good luck to all, I am going to do - what I have been thinking about for sometime and see what happens.

---------------------------
calabor said:
interestin....but if this effect is indeed that huge, the institutions you mentioned might kick these 250K people onto the streets next day......contrcting companies might lose their contracts.....and the effect will ripple to lowest on the rung (who else?)....all said and done, these are the institutions backing these 250K ppl. (and more).....they pulling something that goes against the companies' interest, what can i say....

of course if your bosses cooperate its another story.....

calabor2001 said:
I could not help but smile on your response. While I understand your angst, it also speaks volumes of the willingness to take crap and be always afraid of the consequence.

Anyhow... good luck to all, I am going to do - what I have been thinking about for sometime and see what happens.

---------------------------

well made you smile in midst of all the frustration you are going thru...
although i failed to communicate my point well.......

lot of ppl in similar boat filed PERM thru other companies and got
EADs already. Some went for pre-approved labor....Some even went
thru their own employers for PERM....some have converted their existing LCs to
PERM (tho not sure if it applies to you)...and i know personally each of
this category....they took chances, they got goods...of course some
got into trouble too.....i dont want to discourage from taking action, i see
that you have charted your own course........good luck to you!

calabor,
i think one can apply EAD thru' PERM only if they can keep their original PD otherwise have to wait for I-485 row.

i had filed labor 2001 and still waiting after respond 45day letter and last year i filed PERM from same company with different position and approved but due to wait for I-485 i've to wait for 2001 PD.

am i correct on this?

coolz said:
calabor,
i think one can apply EAD thru' PERM only if they can keep their original PD otherwise have to wait for I-485 row.

i had filed labor 2001 and still waiting after respond 45day letter and last year i filed PERM from same company with different position and approved but due to wait for I-485 i've to wait for 2001 PD.

am i correct on this?

if you are referring to my earlier post, i was referring to a time when PDs were current
ie sep'05 or so.
Now u cannot file 485 unless the date is current. what u can do however, is file 140,
and be eligible for longer extensions over 6 yrs.
had you filed for exact same position and withdrawn earlier LC, you would have got
your PD too, although a little risk is involved if it is denied, u lose PD.
even now, u might want to talk to your lawyer about filing another PERM for exact same
earlier position, and withdrawing earlier LC, thereby keeping the PD and being able to file 485 immediately, if the date is beyonf your PD. but do discuss all the pros and cons

i would think my PERM was approved somewhere nov 05 i would think.
its been almost six months now that we sent them 45day letter. i got 45day letter around Jan.06 and replied within two days.
so its about half a year.
looks most of em here will take almost a year after 45day and its is Dallas BEC. if i apply for PERM again it might take same time to approve and there might be risk.
is there any thing you could think top off your head would be glad to hear.

i went with Lawyer with some other possibilities but you know lawyer....and i'm always check this forum to see if there's any alternatives.
would be glad to hear.
thanks Calabor.

coolz said:
i would think my PERM was approved somewhere nov 05 i would think.
its been almost six months now that we sent them 45day letter. i got 45day letter around Jan.06 and replied within two days.
so its about half a year.
looks most of em here will take almost a year after 45day and its is Dallas BEC. if i apply for PERM again it might take same time to approve and there might be risk.
is there any thing you could think top off your head would be glad to hear.

i went with Lawyer with some other possibilities but you know lawyer....and i'm always check this forum to see if there's any alternatives.
would be glad to hear.
thanks Calabor.

w/o playing with your earlier LC, i dont see any other way....

personally i wud consolidate my position by filing 140 on the PERM approval
and wait for DBEC to clear other LC...

PS: check the country of birth of your spouse, you might get lucky with cross
chargeability :)

madjad said:
You have to insist with your lawyer to ask for the screen shot. Only the employer or the lawyer can ask for the screen shot. I underwent the same scenario.

Thanks for your response. I just heard back from my company this morning that they received the 45D letter from Dallas BEC :) . It was such a relief after almost waiting for more than one and half years without any correspondence. Lets see how long they will take to clear the labor

My Case Details are below:

Case: RIR - EB2.
State: Illinois.
PD:11-17-2004.
Received 45 day letter: 06-07-2006.
Case Number: D-05199-xxxxx
LC decision:Waiting!!

got 45 day letter

Is it still true that LC approval will be coming in 1-2 months after the 45 day letter (since Jan/Feb 2006)? Or DBEC changed procedure to send out all 45 day letters first?

no 45 -day letter yet

:confused:

PD - June 2003 and no 45 day letter yet.

EB3/ general

Does anyone know, if we can call or write to Dallas center to get some information. Please repond.

how did you get a snapshot after replying 45d letter? Thanks

usadiscovery said:
It may not true because from the snapshoot I got, many fields are still empty. I think in order to sent out the 45 D letter, they don't have enought time to enter all the data for us. It will take many months for them to do it. :(

Also, only very few lucky guys got their LC approval within 1-2 months after 45 D letter.

usadiscovery said:
Looks like you and me are in same situation. I just got a snapshoot this morning. The case status is Data Review. I think after sending the 45 D, they won't touch my case in the next 4 months.

:mad:

The rate at which they are sending the 45D letters looks like all they are doing is sending 45d letters. My employer said they are still waiting on 45d letters for lot of cases filed in the early 2004 and late 2003. We might have to wait in the lane behind these earlier cases(the so called FIFO) for labor clearence. But you never know what can happen, You may get an approval tomorrow itself. Hope for the best and leave the rest to DOL........:)