Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

:) I checked w my attorney acouple of days back and she said that though she has started receiving approvals for pending cases, my case (PD 14 FEB 05) would need another six months for resolution based on what she is seeing.

Hang in there!

31JUL2001 PD, Waiting for 45 Day Letter

calabor2001 said:
Has anyone been in a case where they responded to 45 DL and still got a Case Closure letter stating that the BEC did not get a response within due course of time...

While the lawyer is pursuing the matter - I would like to know from the experience of members and experts here. We responded within 48 hrs and also have the receipt etc.

Anxiously waiting - over 5 years and no sign of labor - with tons of labor gone into all this already.
:mad:
You are the closest to my D-05132-09xxx case number (if the case number means anything). As of Jan 2006, my case was under data review.. and then, couple ofrequests for screenshots were not replied by the BEC. Atleast you got the 45-day letter. We are still waiting (im)patiently! It is nearly 5 years now since we filed for LC!

EB2/RIR/CA
PD : 7/31/2001
Case# : D-05132-09xxx
45-day letter : 4 years 10 months and counting :mad: :confused:

45 day letter

Received my 45 day letter. D-05214-*****
45 day letter received 06/06/2006
45 day letter replied 06/12/2006
D-05214-*****

45 days letter

I am really worried now. I saw a few people from IL with PD November, 2004 and December, 2004 got their 45 days letter, whereas my PD is June, 2004 and I didn't receive 45 days letter yet. Is it possible that DBEC sent 45 days letter and some how my attorney missed that. Or, could be any other reason DBEC is holding my case. Any inputs/comments really appreciated.

Re: Scatcat

Hi Scatcat, the problems of applying through PERM when you already have a TD or RIR application waiting are two:
- Loosing your PD.
- Your company/sponsor may be not be willing to pay fees again for a second application. That's what is happening in my case and they don't allow me to pay the law firm directly either.

I think it only make sense reapplying through PERM if your PD is 2005 and you are going to re-apply using a different category, for example from EB3 to EB2. We must also take into account that although PERM certification last 3 months, you have to start all over all the paperwork. In my company that requires your manager approval, HHRR, meetings, etc... that can last 3 months until everything is ready. Then you have to put the adds and when everything is done you can fill under PERM. All this process would take you at least 6 months.

Regards
scatcat said:
dude,

No offense but I remember my case was closed ...in Dallas...got it reopened and it has State instead of Regional just like yours...both of us exchanged some info...anyway that is history.

I got my I-140 approval with 2001 PD I am waiting on the other side of immigration which is better I get three years of H1 extension better yet I get to file I-485.

Bottom line an advise to all of you is, there is no point in waiting for this backlog labor, all of us are entitled to file another PERM with the same employer. I mean waiting for the old labor gives you PD I understand...let that come when it comes, apply PERM get I-140 cleared and be safe with H1 etc. You can apply for two labors.

I have done so, EB-2 is better. With the I-140 approval you get three years of H1 extsn. Driver lice extsn etc...so many benefits..once approved you can even port that PD to another employer so you can keep changing employers. PERM is incredibly fast it took less than 2 months. I-140 appln to recieving an approval notice was 1 month and 1 week. What can I say?

Applying PERM can be a little tricky because the software does pre-screening of all the fields etc...people have done PhD with all that stuff you can get answers for all that jsut go to PERM link in the same forum..I have personally applied many times before the last one clicked...It was all perfect the last effort before I had to restart advertisement etc. Yes you need to do adv all over again. But that is fine....

jewelhaque said:
I am really worried now. I saw a few people from IL with PD November, 2004 and December, 2004 got their 45 days letter, whereas my PD is June, 2004 and I didn't receive 45 days letter yet. Is it possible that DBEC sent 45 days letter and some how my attorney missed that. Or, could be any other reason DBEC is holding my case. Any inputs/comments really appreciated.

You should push your employer / attorney to contact DBEC. DBEC does respond to them promptly. Although, you might think about waiting till june30+1week, since june 30 is last day for sending all letters. btw, PD cannot probly be followed for sending 45 - day letters, since the entry itself is not foloowing PD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rhyme or Reason

yunest said:
Kupondole,
I've just found out my case number and it appears that it is close to yours.
My number is D-05210***
However, my PD is March, 2005... which makes me wonder how is it possible that our case numbers are close but PD are a year apart?
I have not received my 45-day letter, and did not expect to recieve it soon anyway, until I saw your number... Now I have just a little more hope, although it more and more seems like a random process...

Yunest, this process has me totally baffled. The people who replied to 45DL sometime after mine has already received their LC and there are people out there who replied to 45DL back in 2005 and still have not heard back. There is no rhyme or reason to the way DBEC is processing the applications. Hence, though our cases numbers might be similar, our PDs could be a year or more apart. There is no telling what kind of FIFO process is DBEC following. Hope you get your 45DL soon.

Thanks !!!

Thank you so much Calabor !

Actually I contacted my attorney yesterday through email. And he responded back today saying that he received 45 days letter in second week of May, 2006 and he did not respond yet. He said he will do that by tomorrow.

calabor said:
You should push your employer / attorney to contact DBEC. DBEC does respond to them promptly. Although, you might think about waiting till june30+1week, since june 30 is last day for sending all letters. btw, PD cannot probly be followed for sending 45 - day letters, since the entry itself is not foloowing PD.

jewelhaque: Make sure the attorney sends it right away, ping him/her again. Just a suggestion based on my personal experience...

Thanks !!

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

My attorney already wasted 33 days, they are planning to respond today. I just came to know yesterday by sending him email.

First1 said:
jewelhaque: Make sure the attorney sends it right away, ping him/her again. Just a suggestion based on my personal experience...

Labor Approved!!

Finally I got my Approval. My signature has all the details. Thanks a lot to all the guys who contributed to this forum. It kept me going.

Karnish

I am sorry to hear about your situation

There is no point in working for a company that does not think about your welfare. I mean you are working hard for them..making money for them. They should think more than paying you a salary.....that is my opinion.

I guess you should wait then...however what is the guarantee that you will get what you want. Believe me there are so many opps out there...with the new law if it clears House most of us can file 485 without waiting. It might happen early next year.

Extending H1 for you every year is going to cost money...they should be advised on this aspect...it can turn out to be cheaper to apply PERM and clear I-140.

CaptainPicard said:
Hi Scatcat, the problems of applying through PERM when you already have a TD or RIR application waiting are two:
- Loosing your PD.
- Your company/sponsor may be not be willing to pay fees again for a second application. That's what is happening in my case and they don't allow me to pay the law firm directly either.

I think it only make sense reapplying through PERM if your PD is 2005 and you are going to re-apply using a different category, for example from EB3 to EB2. We must also take into account that although PERM certification last 3 months, you have to start all over all the paperwork. In my company that requires your manager approval, HHRR, meetings, etc... that can last 3 months until everything is ready. Then you have to put the adds and when everything is done you can fill under PERM. All this process would take you at least 6 months.

Regards

Scatcat,

I don't think it is wise to suggest not to work for a company that does not refile in PERM. There are people who are waiting on labor since 2001 and in most cases where your company is large size they have a specific policy for green card filing or refiling.

In my case company does not refile RIR cases in PERM. Do I get frustrated by it sure, however you never know if there will be any relief for retrogession this year and by next many of backlog cases will be clear.

scatcat said:
There is no point in working for a company that does not think about your welfare. I mean you are working hard for them..making money for them. They should think more than paying you a salary.....that is my opinion.

I guess you should wait then...however what is the guarantee that you will get what you want. Believe me there are so many opps out there...with the new law if it clears House most of us can file 485 without waiting. It might happen early next year.

Extending H1 for you every year is going to cost money...they should be advised on this aspect...it can turn out to be cheaper to apply PERM and clear I-140.

Ok..I get it.

Allright if that is what your perspective is..better be sure your options are open, I mean I do not want to say anything bad..just in case if the future employment looks bleak with the current employer then it is better to have PERM approved now and atleast claim a 2006 PD with a I-140 approval you know what I mean...

If some Joe is working for comp A and has been waiting since 2001 for labor to clear, in case that labor is not approved down the road or at I-140 there was some problem or the employer sacks then that PD is gone. However if that Joe is smart enough and has a back up with PERM and I-140 approval in 2006 or did the same thing in 2005. He atleast has that PD for the future. He can get 3 year H1 extensions....they are very expensive mind you.

My advise is that you are your own company think about your own benefit. Bottom line I want people to take advantage of PERM and faster I-140 approvals right now...and have piece of mind for the future.

You can do one more thing wait for the older labor to clear if it was applied in EB-3, apply for I-140 clear with that one, apply for EB-2 PERM and port that I-140 PD. You will be better off in some way. I am sure you guys are all aware of this since lot of people are already doing it.

usvar said:
Scatcat,

I don't think it is wise to suggest not to work for a company that does not refile in PERM. There are people who are waiting on labor since 2001 and in most cases where your company is large size they have a specific policy for green card filing or refiling.

In my case company does not refile RIR cases in PERM. Do I get frustrated by it sure, however you never know if there will be any relief for retrogession this year and by next many of backlog cases will be clear.

The problem of how labour certification works is that we are just the beneficiaries of the process but it is not up to up to decide anything.
Immigration policies are dictated by your company and no company has to sponsor you or pay for different filling strategies unless they want to.

I don't know about your companies but on mine, it took nearly 6 months to get all the approvals and paperwork ready to fill under tradiditional EB3.
Even if I could refill under PERM, by the time the advertisements are done and the paperwork filled we would be in 2007.

usvar said:
Scatcat,

Hi,

Just wanted to inform that today my employer received 45 day letter dated June 03, 2006. I have not heard anything fro my lawyer yet. My case details are as follows:

PD: 09/15/2004
NEVER MADE TO REGIONAL
Type: RIR
State: Louisiana
ETA # D-05200-3XXXX

Will keep updating, if any in future:)

Questions for gurus out there:

How much time one gets if BEC rejects/issues NOID on a labor application?
Is there enuf time to file for PERM and pursue the BEC case parallely?
Can this be dragged for enuf time so that ppl on yearly extensions can once
again use the PERM aaplication for extension instead of the earlier BEC case?