Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Date review?

LCA2004FEB said:
Do you know why your case is under "Data review". I mean did you try to find it out through your lawyer. I think It's should not be under data review once you replied 45DL. My guess is DBEC assigns Data review when they feel that they need some additional documention from us.

My case is also data review as of Jun'2006. We have replied 45DL in Mar 2005. I think may because of that "Data review" status our cases are not getting cleared..

when i needed 7th year extension i asked for screen shot then the status said data review. but my extension was approved in Feb 2006.now can i ask for status. without extension required. i didnt know they give status now. when i asked once again for screen shot in oct 2005 i didnt get any status.Can i ask for a screen shot now?has anybody got a status telling certified.
Thanks in advance.

No 45 Day letter yet (*_*). Can i expect it in near future?
----------------------------
CA RIR/EB2
ETA Case: D-05192-XXXXX
Priority Date: 03/26/2004
Case Received Date:03/26/2004
Case Status: Data Review

I hope so. My PD is close to yours (4/14/2004) and I am waiting eagerly for my 45-day letter too. Have seen some postings regarding certifications of June to Sept 2004 CA EB2/EB3 cases, and postings regarding receipt of 45-day letters with the same PD range, while you and I are still waiting with earlier PDs.

Even the case number (D-05XXX-...) of the CA certifications are after ours (received from CA SWA and data entered after ours), not just the PDs. So things are completely random. I hope you and I and others in the same boat who are still waiting for 45-day letters don't get left out like some IL cases did. A few months ago there was a large burst of IL approvals with PDs even in late 2004, while some IL folks with 2003 PDs are still waiting and looks like DBEC has moved on to CA cases.

---------------------------------
CA RIR/EB2
ETA: D-05196-xxxxx
PD: 4/14/2004
RD: Never made it
45-day letter: Still waiting
Case Status from screen shot: Data Review.

jayadevan said:
No 45 Day letter yet (*_*). Can i expect it in near future?
----------------------------
CA RIR/EB2
ETA Case: D-05192-XXXXX
Priority Date: 03/26/2004
Case Received Date:03/26/2004
Case Status: Data Review

Case Status

LCA2004FEB said:
Do you know why your case is under "Data review". I mean did you try to find it out through your lawyer. I think It's should not be under data review once you replied 45DL. My guess is DBEC assigns Data review when they feel that they need some additional documention from us.

My case is also data review as of Jun'2006. We have replied 45DL in Mar 2005. I think may because of that "Data review" status our cases are not getting cleared..

I am not sure why it is still data review. This is the information the lawyer received then they filed for 7th year extension. A friend of mine with a PD of Dec 04 got approval last month!

How hard can it be to follow FIFO!!!!!. Its not a rocket science!! :rolleyes:

Time to 45 Dayl letter

my case has been in data review with a case number assigned for more than 45 days now (last time i checked my status).

Does anybody have an idea on how long before the DOL finally decides to send a frickin 45 day letter. this is just plain bureaucracy

time frame

desolate said:
my case has been in data review with a case number assigned for more than 45 days now (last time i checked my status).

Does anybody have an idea on how long before the DOL finally decides to send a frickin 45 day letter. this is just plain bureaucracy

Dont worry my personal experience is you will get it soon .Keep in contact with your attorney. i consistently asked him so came to know that it was answered after 15 days of answering it and 1 month of screen shot showing case status as data review.

PD May 2004
RD 45 day letter Oct 2005
Case no D-05111-xxxxx
approval -????

Nothing New????

Looks like everyone is busy watching the World Cup to either work on the cases or to post. Have not seen any news about approvals lately.

Case Closure after response to 45 DL ???

Has anyone been in a case where they responded to 45 DL and still got a Case Closure letter stating that the BEC did not get a response within due course of time...

While the lawyer is pursuing the matter - I would like to know from the experience of members and experts here. We responded within 48 hrs and also have the receipt etc.

Anxiously waiting - over 5 years and no sign of labor - with tons of labor gone into all this already.
:mad:

Well I'm screwed..now what?

I have a PD of 9-20-04. Unfortunately our firm is losing our contract and I will no longer be employed here as of August. My new employer (the state of Alaska) has a policy of NOT sponsoring for a Gren Card. So after 2 years (I know people have been waiting longer), paying the lawyer etc. I am screwed. So much for the 45 day letter by June 30 by the way.

GCby2050 said:
I have a PD of 9-20-04. Unfortunately our firm is losing our contract and I will no longer be employed here as of August. My new employer (the state of Alaska) has a policy of NOT sponsoring for a Gren Card. So after 2 years (I know people have been waiting longer), paying the lawyer etc. I am screwed. So much for the 45 day letter by June 30 by the way.

first, let me see did i get you right. you are worried bcos u did not get ur 45day letter yet?? if yes, don't worry, you can send email to pbec or dbec, giving all your information, and you might get a screen shot. even better, ask your lawyer to send this email. you will get a screen shot which is more than enough for your H1-B extension(after 6 yrs of h1b).

H1 7th year visa stamping

Hello all,
I recently got my h1 7th year extension approved(based on pending labor) and planning to get my visa stamped in Canada. I heard that Indian nationals can no longer take appointment for visa stamping in countries other than India itself.
Is this correct? Please advise since I have already taken an appointment at the US consulate at Canada.
Also, is it OK for a person on 7th year extension to go to Canada for visa stamping - I think there are couple of questions on form DS 156 or 157 which say-
1. Did the applicant ever apply for permanent resideny in the US ?
2. How long do you intend to stay in the US

What should be my answer to the above questions.Pl advise.

NikePhoros said:
Hello all,
I recently got my h1 7th year extension approved(based on pending labor) and planning to get my visa stamped in Canada. I heard that Indian nationals can no longer take appointment for visa stamping in countries other than India itself.
Is this correct? Please advise since I have already taken an appointment at the US consulate at Canada.
Also, is it OK for a person on 7th year extension to go to Canada for visa stamping - I think there are couple of questions on form DS 156 or 157 which say-
1. Did the applicant ever apply for permanent resideny in the US ?
2. How long do you intend to stay in the US

What should be my answer to the above questions.Pl advise.

Answer to question #1 will be "NO" ( am sure, this is what my lawyer told me)
#2 - I think will be your 7th H1 expiry date

Finally I got my I-140 approval also

dude,

No offense but I remember my case was closed ...in Dallas...got it reopened and it has State instead of Regional just like yours...both of us exchanged some info...anyway that is history.

I got my I-140 approval with 2001 PD I am waiting on the other side of immigration which is better I get three years of H1 extension better yet I get to file I-485.

Bottom line an advise to all of you is, there is no point in waiting for this backlog labor, all of us are entitled to file another PERM with the same employer. I mean waiting for the old labor gives you PD I understand...let that come when it comes, apply PERM get I-140 cleared and be safe with H1 etc. You can apply for two labors.

I have done so, EB-2 is better. With the I-140 approval you get three years of H1 extsn. Driver lice extsn etc...so many benefits..once approved you can even port that PD to another employer so you can keep changing employers. PERM is incredibly fast it took less than 2 months. I-140 appln to recieving an approval notice was 1 month and 1 week. What can I say?

Applying PERM can be a little tricky because the software does pre-screening of all the fields etc...people have done PhD with all that stuff you can get answers for all that jsut go to PERM link in the same forum..I have personally applied many times before the last one clicked...It was all perfect the last effort before I had to restart advertisement etc. Yes you need to do adv all over again. But that is fine....

AnbuFl said:
scatcat, Thanks for good suggestion . I am in similar situation ( waiting since PD APR03 ). How do I start the PERM process? Does employer need to start the process all over right from advt.etc? I appreciate the steps you carrried out
Thanks for sharing

Originally Posted by scatcat
I have been suffering for getting my labor approved for over 3 years. BPCs have done very little, case got closed, reopened, marked as STATE instead of REGIONAL and...bottom line that labor is waiting for ever to clear.

Recently I got PERM approved....in a matter of two months. Now atleast I can file I-140 and get 3 years of H1 extension rather than 1 year at a time...better yet I have an old I-140 approval with July 2001 PD which I am going to claim...so I done with Labor pains....

Why don't you all either convert to PERM or apply a new PERM atleast that way you get 3 years of H1 extsns.

AnbuFL

Re:H1 7th year visa stamping

Thanks UG.
I was just reading other "Canada visa stamping" specific forums and looks like there are chances that the visa officer will ask people with no US degrees to get the stamping done in India itself.

Also,some people had the experience of having their valid visa getting cancelled making it impossible for them to resturn to the US.

I'm having second thoughts now whether to go to Canada or not!!

Any advise or inputs?

UG. said:
Answer to question #1 will be "NO" ( am sure, this is what my lawyer told me)
#2 - I think will be your 7th H1 expiry date

Same thing here , no 45-day letter yet, I am thinking my case was delayed because I am working for a small company and they are taking more time on those.

CA RIR/EB2
ETA: D-05195-xxxxx
PD: 02/04/2004

CA_Man_In_Labor said:
I hope so. My PD is close to yours (4/14/2004) and I am waiting eagerly for my 45-day letter too. Have seen some postings regarding certifications of June to Sept 2004 CA EB2/EB3 cases, and postings regarding receipt of 45-day letters with the same PD range, while you and I are still waiting with earlier PDs.

Even the case number (D-05XXX-...) of the CA certifications are after ours (received from CA SWA and data entered after ours), not just the PDs. So things are completely random. I hope you and I and others in the same boat who are still waiting for 45-day letters don't get left out like some IL cases did. A few months ago there was a large burst of IL approvals with PDs even in late 2004, while some IL folks with 2003 PDs are still waiting and looks like DBEC has moved on to CA cases.

---------------------------------
CA RIR/EB2
ETA: D-05196-xxxxx
PD: 4/14/2004
RD: Never made it
45-day letter: Still waiting
Case Status from screen shot: Data Review.

Kupondole said:
There are few more of us who have received 45DL but have not received any word on final determination of LC application.

Kupondole,
I've just found out my case number and it appears that it is close to yours.
My number is D-05210***
However, my PD is March, 2005... which makes me wonder how is it possible that our case numbers are close but PD are a year apart?
I have not received my 45-day letter, and did not expect to recieve it soon anyway, until I saw your number... Now I have just a little more hope, although it more and more seems like a random process...