Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Mi SWA cases

Does anyone have any information about the Michigan State cases? Where are they now? Did they reach the BEC? Did anyone recieve the 45-day letter from BEC? Any info is helpful.

Thanks,
Karnish
MI PD Oct 2003.

Kanjoos,

You are not alone here. everybody is missing Icarus.. But I think you did not read his last post.... He has left the forum for good.....After doing such a good work and leaving such an impression on all of us !!

Good luck

Kanjoos said:
Icarus,

Are you missing?? We have not got any updates recently from you. For us, you have more knowledge than any attorneys and websites or USCIS.

We wait for your postings eagerly.

Few questions is , now that the analysis has started, when first cases be expected to be cleared???

Thanks in advance.
Kanjoos

Hey Guys

Whats wrong with you guys, Stop behaving like you have been dumped by your girlfreinds or boyfreinds. " We all miss Icarus" :(
Icarus told whatever he knew and left , thats fine.
We all know we won't hear anything from BEC till end of March or Start of April. SO lets try to relax and wait.
Pls stop writing emotional stuff like we miss Icarus and all. :mad:
We all will do well.

My Case no. starts with T , Have not recieved letter yet

chicgo Dol :- Oct 6 , 2004

thanks

cipher8000 said:
Hi,

Thanks for your help. I have a unique situation with my labor. I filed my labor thru company-A (small start up company) in July 2002 in California. State got approved and it went to San Francisco Regional office in June 2003.

In June 2004, Company-B (its public company) acquired Company-A and Company-B amended my case in Nov'2004 at San Francisco DOL office saying it acquired this startup company would like to continue the labor certification.

Recently Company-A attorney received the 45-day letter from Dallas backlog center, and we gave that letter to Company-B attorney to process it.

Company-B managment/attorney signed & sent that 45-day letter and also enclosed a copy of the amendment papers to the Dallas Backlog center with a cover letter saying, this case has been amended in SFO regional office, please amend this case at your office.

Do you think the Dallas Backlog center will get confused with all these? Is it easy to do this amendment along with this 45-day letter.?

CA RIR
SWA PD - July 2002
San Francisco DOL RD-June 2003

Should not be a prblm with no chage in Experience reqrd,Designation,Work Place,
Only change of company name and address shoul be OK

Mahendra_t said:
After 7 days I got the reply back from BEC Dallas

Case number : D-05010-14***
State MN
PD -16-Dec-2003
RD - 17-May-2004
Waiting for 45 Days letter .

Kanjoos,

What is the logic behind number -14***. When do you think I will get the letter.

T=Temporary
P=Phily
D=Dallas
05=Year 2005
010=Julian date of year (10th day in Janauary)
14***=Phantom no. generated by computer.

What is the right forum for labor substitution??

If this is the right forum,

1. how long does it usually take to substitute for labor in california?
2. WIth the backlog centers, how does substitution even work?

thanks!!

Company aquistion while labor pending

Originally Posted by cipher8000
Hi,

Thanks for your help. I have a unique situation with my labor. I filed my labor thru company-A (small start up company) in July 2002 in California. State got approved and it went to San Francisco Regional office in June 2003.

In June 2004, Company-B (its public company) acquired Company-A and Company-B amended my case in Nov'2004 at San Francisco DOL office saying it acquired this startup company would like to continue the labor certification.

Recently Company-A attorney received the 45-day letter from Dallas backlog center, and we gave that letter to Company-B attorney to process it.

Company-B managment/attorney signed & sent that 45-day letter and also enclosed a copy of the amendment papers to the Dallas Backlog center with a cover letter saying, this case has been amended in SFO regional office, please amend this case at your office.

Do you think the Dallas Backlog center will get confused with all these? Is it easy to do this amendment along with this 45-day letter.?

CA RIR
SWA PD - July 2002

ETA-D04321-04XXX
You should not take this message as a law because it is not. It is an opinion of this reporter and people should not rely on the message on the internet. This reporter will not be responsible for the consequences of such reliance. Please seek a professionals with the proper authorization and legal expertise.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi cipher8000,
i m in the exact same boat with Dallas BEC. When I did my h1 successor in interest petition my attorney send a copy of all the paper from the new company and the folks at D-BEC still send the 45 day letter with the old company name. My attorney went ahead and sent all the paper work again along with the 45-day letter. hope they correct it when they start reviewing my paper for the labor approval.
hang in tight ( important to keep following up with ur company HR and attorney)

good luck

lalaker

Because they were entering cases manually

If you read postings by ICARUS, You will come to know that he said that cases were being entered manually.

Besides, every region,state has totally different rule sets, so transfering from system to system is just impossible.

lavendersummer said:
what makes you think they manually entered the cases?

Logically, for cases already in a database before, no matter how different the original database are, it won't cost much to do the migration at all, at least compared with manual input. If you are a software professional, you'll know what I mean. For cases never entered a database before, manual input might be better.

But BEC might not be a place using logic to make decisions.

However, as to your 'guessing' about the new case number logic here, I don't think the last 5 digit in the new case number has much to do with the date it entered the system. It looks more related with people's priority date.

Kanjoos said:
If you read postings by ICARUS, You will come to know that he said that cases were being entered manually.

Besides, every region,state has totally different rule sets, so transfering from system to system is just impossible.

45 day letter? when to expect

You guys are doing a great job.

My information:
SFO EB2/RIR
PD: Oct 2002
RD: Sept 2003
New case no: D-04320-0xxxx​

From discussion above, new case no. was assigned in November 2004, havent received 45 day letter yet. when to expect the letter?
Any idea, if my employer writes directly , without waiting for 45 day letter, that he is willing to proceed?

Thanks
MA001

Hi,

i am also on the same boat. Company B acquired Company A while labor pending. My attorney didnot notify the regional office after acquisition. Got 45 day letter from Dallas BEC. Is it good to notify the BEC about the acquisition at this point or no? Please advice.

lalaker said:
Originally Posted by cipher8000
Hi,

CA RIR
SWA PD - July 2002

ETA-D04321-04XXX
You should not take this message as a law because it is not. It is an opinion of this reporter and people should not rely on the message on the internet. This reporter will not be responsible for the consequences of such reliance. Please seek a professionals with the proper authorization and legal expertise.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi cipher8000,
i m in the exact same boat with Dallas BEC. When I did my h1 successor in interest petition my attorney send a copy of all the paper from the new company and the folks at D-BEC still send the 45 day letter with the old company name. My attorney went ahead and sent all the paper work again along with the 45-day letter. hope they correct it when they start reviewing my paper for the labor approval.
hang in tight ( important to keep following up with ur company HR and attorney)

good luck

lalaker

Its better to notify the BEC about acquisition. I think they can do data-rentry after they receive 45-day response. They just need to change the employer name & attorney name and the company address. Hope they can do it without any problem.

MA001 said:
You guys are doing a great job.

My information:
SFO EB2/RIR
PD: Oct 2002
RD: Sept 2003
New case no: D-04320-0xxxx​

From discussion above, new case no. was assigned in November 2004, havent received 45 day letter yet. when to expect the letter?
Any idea, if my employer writes directly , without waiting for 45 day letter, that he is willing to proceed?

Thanks
MA001

There is nothing wrong in sending an extra letter
But make sure include all your old PD date and case File nos. with a certified posting.

bunty6666 said:
Hi,

i am also on the same boat. Company B acquired Company A while labor pending. My attorney didnot notify the regional office after acquisition. Got 45 day letter from Dallas BEC. Is it good to notify the BEC about the acquisition at this point or no? Please advice.

It is allways better to notify any changes which are for real. And definitely your Attorney must know this better when the old company does not exist any more.

Just imagine if it is not informed what happens if Lc approval comes in Old Company name which is no more exist to process further stages.

Last edited by a moderator:
45 Day Letter

For all those who have received the 45 day letter, can some body describe what the cover of the letter says, who it is addressed to and may be what the letter says inside.

The reason I ask is it will make it easier for me to describe to my HR on what to expect ?

45 Days Letter

sleepless_in_IN
Anybody has sample of 45 days letter?
Please post in forums and also the reply so that we are able to write to DOL in case we do not receive 45 days letter.
Thanks

Hi,
My case is also same as bunty6666..after acquisition company A transferred my case to company B attorneys..my question is to whom will the 45 letter be sent?...to company A attorney or company B attorney..

my case:
RIR
filed at CA state on 06/2002
moved from EDD to SF DOL on 05/14/2003

contacted both attorneys..both havent received the 45 day letter yet..is it ok..or unusual for my dates?..also how do i find out which BEC is handling my case?..

thanx..

45 Day letter Description attachment

kothari_rupesh

See attachment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY CASE IS RIR!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
one of the "unlucky" ones

I am starting to feel really depressed and worried... :confused: :( :eek:

I have seen quite a few cases with an SF PD of 10/03 who have already received their 45 day letter. In my company, cases with an SF PD of 3/04 and 6/04 have also received their 45 day letters.

Mine being the "oldest" case filed is still in limbo waiting for any news.

I requested my employer to check on the status of my case and have not heard back from them.

Am I the only one left?... anyone else with an SF PD of 10/06/03?

============
SF RD 10/06/03
SF PD 10/06/03
RIR