Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

To erto

Hi erto,
Even for my case the "Case Source" says State, even though I'm pretty sure it made to the regional. I'm not sure if it would cause any problem
and what is the process for rectifying it. Let me know if you come across any information related to this issue

Thanks,
gmr

erto said:
I have similar PD but Status is still "RIR". One of the question is what's "Case Source" showing in your screen? Mine is "State", but I am pretty sure that my case is sent to regional office and it is transfered from regional office to BEC. Did the analyst make mistake when they input my record so it cause the delay??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

kuks said:
Hi All,

I just received the screen shot from PBRC.My Prevailing Wage is less than Rate of Pay by $2500.Is it o.k ?

Also case source : region
what does it mean(case source =region)

status=RIR
What doe it mean.

I will appriciate your response.

Thanks,
kuks

as long as it's not less than 95% of prevailing wage.

sunshine1 said:
as long as it's not less than 95% of prevailing wage.

-----------------

Hi sunshine1,

Where did you get this 95% formula ? My lawyer says anything above 90% should be ok. It seems they consider the size of company, location and few other things not just how much it differ from prevailing wage. As per him it is just a scale to compare not a decision making mechanism.

So does anybody know the real stuff ?

kn12_2000 said:
Hello all,
My LC has been certified according to the email reply. I emailed PBEC asking for the status (did not mention 7yr extension etc). I gave my employer's name and address, my name and address, case number, state and priority date.

MI-EB2-TR
PD - 12/26/2000
State (MI) Approval: 09/2003
Dallas BEC 45 day letter - 04/2005
LC Approval: 09/08/2005 (status shows certified per email reply received today)

Good luck to everyone and hope to see you soon in the I-140/485 threads!

kn12_2000

Hi Kn12_2000,

I got the same type of reply from PBEC today the case shows certified. I was just wondering if u would tell me what the top of your reply says as to where it is from, and the message across the top.

Thanks,
Komal.

Komal,
The header is:
"
ETA Foreign Labor Certication
Philadephia Backlog Elimination Center

This is is in response to your enquiry on your pending application for Foreign Labor Employment Certification"

Thanks Kn12_2000

kn12_2000 said:
Komal,
The header is:
"
ETA Foreign Labor Certication
Philadephia Backlog Elimination Center

This is is in response to your enquiry on your pending application for Foreign Labor Employment Certification"

Kn12_2000,

Thanks for ur promt reply, mine says exactly the same thing. so I guess it's genuine. Hope we get our hard copy soon.......

Take care,
Komal

Friend received mail in hard copy

One of the people I know got his hard copy of certified labor today. His priority date was 02/06/03 and the letter was dated 08/04/05 - EB3/RIR

To Perm or Not to Perm?

I agree I am confused. I hope the gurus in this forum can help me get clear headed again! :)

Will filing a PERM around October/ November help me avoid the EB 2 retrogression? Will the approval come before everything gets pushed back?( I am a citizen of India.)

Or should I hang in there and wait for an approval from the BEC?? Gurus, please put me out of my misery!!

komalk said:
Hi Kn12_2000,

I got the same type of reply from PBEC today the case shows certified. I was just wondering if u would tell me what the top of your reply says as to where it is from, and the message across the top.

Thanks,
Komal.

Hi KomalK and kn12_2000

How long it took to get the reply from PBEC after you sent a email?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
jnpr said:
For my observation/understanding, PD on screenshot or in your file with DBEC is everything you have now.
Your name is in a Dallas database sorted by PD. FIFO by PD is applied if you are in the queue---if you are not in process queue your case will be touched after the end of queue.

Because your case is at Dallas now, all your record before Dallas means nothing now unless you correct it. If Dallas says your case is closed then your case is closed. Your right is to fight and correct it, like many others who reopened case after being closed. Some people even considered congressional inquiry for PD because PD is very important.

Good luck!

Jnpr, thank you for your info. My attorney in the last conversation was hinting me that any corrections can be made only after we receive the 45 day letter. My gut feeling is that even the 45 day letter will be sent to the attorney based on your PD. Am I right ?. Some one in the group advised me that similar to what my attorney said. All corrections can be requested only through the 45 day response letter.

is your friend's case filed in TX...

is your friend's case filed in TX...

Maveric,
02/18/2003

nutcracker1978 said:
One of the people I know got his hard copy of certified labor today. His priority date was 02/06/03 and the letter was dated 08/04/05 - EB3/RIR

skganji said:
Jnpr, thank you for your info. My attorney in the last conversation was hinting me that any corrections can be made only after we receive the 45 day letter. My gut feeling is that even the 45 day letter will be sent to the attorney based on your PD. Am I right ?. Some one in the group advised me that similar to what my attorney said. All corrections can be requested only through the 45 day response letter.
You should push your lawyer to call Dallas because DBEC will not deal with you. You can forward your screenshot to your lawyer and this email has the same function as 45-day-letter now. If your lawyer doesn't do it then push your HR people.
My company had a lawyer previously and that lawyer was fired by me after 9 months postpone of labor filing. After 9 month wait then my company agreed that I can find another lawyer.
If I were you I would contact lawyer and HR every week or more often.

Capd02

CAPD02 said:
Hi KomalK and kn12_2000

How long it took to get the reply from PBEC after you sent a email?

Thanks

The e-mail was sent last night and got the reply this morning.

cantstandit said:
hi Skganji, regarding the PD problem, I have an update ... someone on the PBEC forum had the same problem, and apparently PBEC fixed the PD after the lawyer sent an email requesting change, and it was pretty quick ! so you might wanna talk to your lawyer about it. I'll do the same too.

As for TR vs RIR, are u sure it was your lawyer's decision ? in my case, I think it was a data entry typo ...

Hello Friend,
Thanks for the info. I have already requested my attorney to fix the PD in the snap-shot. Regarding the case type , he says it is TR and he has done it that way. Below is the email response I got from him. He sent it to my HR.
"His case was filed as a traditional labor certification to the EDD (at the time, the company was in a position where there had been a layoff and it wouldn't have been possible to conduct recruitment under the RIR method), then routed to the DOL, Backlog Reduction Center earlier this year. There is nothing that can be done to expedite this case's processing, although there may be alternatives to be discussed for future filings under the new PERM methodology. I am reluctant to recommend that though, only because such a filing can destroy his eligibility for future H-1B extensions".

komalk said:
The e-mail was sent last night and got the reply this morning.

Thanks Komal. I sent my request today and hopefully I will get a reply soon atleast by this weekend.

I will update on Forum about my status once I receive their reply.

nutcracker1978 said:

Did the person receive the hard copy in mail from BEC or was the hard copy send by the employer.

Regards

What does the Processing Type TR mean?

can anyone tell me what the processing type TR means? My attorney had told me that my GC case was filed under RIR, however the RIR request for reciept notice status indicates the processing type is TR?

Thanks!
GM

Pd 2/16/03 Approved

Hello all,
I got screenshot from Phi BEC which shows that my case is approved. Still waiting for hard copy.

Which forum is good for I-140? Thanks,

Good Luck to all.

State:MI
Cat: RIR