Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

antonioa77 said:
so u r saying that just 3 people will approve the lc at the end in the whole dallas BEC center?. i thought there are like 20 to 30 persons who do that.if u just have 3 who do the final review on each application, this means that it will take bec 10 yrs to clear the backlog. can u clarify?
The plan is that all of the legwork will have been done and a recommendation given following analysis and/or receipt of a suitable response to a Notice Of Findings. All that potentially would be left would be the issuance of a final determination either denying the application or approving and sending out the approval documentation.

gcseeker2002 said:
Hi Icarus,

I have still not recvd my 45 day letter, my PD is march 9 2004 and RD at Dallas DOL is march 31 2004. 2 other applications in my company with PD
jan 5 2004 got their 45 day letters 2-3 weeks back. do i need to do anything or whom do we contact if we have not got our letters ?>

thanks
If you or your employer have an agent/attorney representing you in the application process, that would be the point of contact for inquiries. If your app is being handled by the same attorney as your co-workers, you should be hearing something soon.

mnhrdc said:
Icarus

In response to A1b.
correct me if i am wrong , Earlier it was mentioned that a single data base is maintained and accessed by both centers and later by satelite centers.
If not again FIFO will be center based not on national PD based.
Case data is stored in a single server owned and operated by the DOL back East (D.C., VA, in that area) yes, both BEC's access the data stored in the same computer. However, the cases are processed separately at each location as that is where the physical files are kept. The 'puter will determine the next case in line (FIFO by PD) when accessed by an analyst depending upon the analyst's location and whether they're working on RIR or TR.

h1b2ndterm said:
Hi Icarus,

I am confused :confused: , Both at www.immigration.com and www.immigration-law.com mentions only one queue for both RIR and Regular cases. But you have mentioned several times that BEC/BRC will be processing them in seperate queues.as I mentioned in another post, a single database is being used for queueing cases. However, if disparity exists between RIR and TR dates, know of no plans to either move addtional personnel into one role or another (RIR<=>TR) nor allowing half an office to sit idle waiting for the other side of the queue to catch up ...
from http://www.immigration.com/perm/permdolnews.pdf

RIR and traditional cases will not be separated in time order. They will be handled in FIFO order, but because RIR has more work already completed on them, they will probably move faster. DOL needs to impose some equity between the two processes based on resources while trying to adhere to the original priority date. DOL will see what the processing times look like and revise if inequity occurs. A pure two-track system cannot be followed.

from http://www.immigration-law.com/

"Processing Queue per FIFO: Shockingly, there are no separate queues between RIR and Regular cases and both RIR and Regular cases are being processed on FIFO in a single national queue. Consequently, RIR cases will experience a substantial delay once the cases are transferred to the Backlog Centers!! "
Obviously, RIR may proceed more rapidly due to much of the recruitment having been accomplished prior to application. However, TR, although time consuming at the start, relys upon supervised effort of the employer to recruit and one analyst may be supervising numerous cases simultaneously. Unfortunately, until it is underway, prediction is difficult on how it will flow.

Icarus said:
Case data is stored in a single server owned and operated by the DOL back East (D.C., VA, in that area) yes, both BEC's access the data stored in the same computer. However, the cases are processed separately at each location as that is where the physical files are kept. The 'puter will determine the next case in line (FIFO by PD) when accessed by an analyst depending upon the analyst's location and whether they're working on RIR or TR.

Thanks for your response
You mean the records are indexed on PD and File holding center (BEC). So that which ever BEC center starts processing they only get their physicaly availble cases based on PD.

mnhrdc said:
Thanks for your response
You mean the records are indexed on PD and File holding center (BEC). So that which ever BEC center starts processing they only get their physicaly availble cases based on PD.
Correct :)

Cases from Dallas Regional

Hi Icarus,

Can you tell if ALL cases that were from the Dallas Regional DOL were entered in the system and letters were sent?

My friend had his case transfered to the Dallas Regional DOL in 10/2003. Should he wait longer or ask his unresponsive attorney for some help?

Thanks so much for all the info.

Thanks

Icarus, Again thanks much for your valuable information. For now it makes little sense. Hopefully things will be more clear soon with some approvals.

Icarus said:
Obviously, RIR may proceed more rapidly due to much of the recruitment having been accomplished prior to application. However, TR, although time consuming at the start, relys upon supervised effort of the employer to recruit and one analyst may be supervising numerous cases simultaneously. Unfortunately, until it is underway, prediction is difficult on how it will flow.

Q for Icarus or anyone with info -

Looks like a lot of guys from CA are now receiving letters and a lot more should in the next 2 weeks considering that I recd. one on Monday (rd may'03, CA). Most cases in CA should be with a PD of April-June 2002? I've read a few of PDs in April 2001!! Would these typically be guys who had an RFE on their case? Is there some data available on the earliest PDs or their numbers etc?

Can anyone guide me ?

My PD is Jan 2003 and RD is Sep 2003 and my case was filed with Dallas DOL. Should I be receiving my letter soon? Reading this forum , I have a feeling that lots of guys with RD after me have received their letters.

Chicago - Case

My attorney called the Backlog Center and they will not provide an update to attorneys either. They have specifically requested that we do not contact them for status requests, as it is taking away limited resources which need to be used to enter and process applications. Once they have received an application from another office, they enter it, assign a new case number, and then issue a continuation letter asking us to confirm that we would like to continue with the application. Once this letter is returned, the application will be processed in order of the date that the application was first filed with the state. All applications will be processed on a first in first out basis, so those applications that have been pending longest will be processed first.

rds69 said:
Which State are you in?

(I guess you are referring to me)
I am in CA..

Are they transferring all the cases to BEC centers? because, a couple of colleagues also had a pending application with exact same dates as me and they have not received the letters yet.. Is SF DOL transferring selective cases?

activex111 said:
(I guess you are referring to me)
I am in CA..

Are they transferring all the cases to BEC centers? because, a couple of colleagues also had a pending application with exact same dates as me and they have not received the letters yet.. Is SF DOL transferring selective cases?

With RD 4/2004 your cases should have recd the letters by now, If NOt they may be still in processing either at Philly/Dallas.
CA RD May 2003 (RIR) Oct 2003 (Non-RIR) and later cases are trasferred to BEC centers

Chicago-case said:
My attorney called the Backlog Center and they will not provide an update to attorneys either. They have specifically requested that we do not contact them for status requests, as it is taking away limited resources which need to be used to enter and process applications. Once they have received an application from another office, they enter it, assign a new case number, and then issue a continuation letter asking us to confirm that we would like to continue with the application. Once this letter is returned, the application will be processed in order of the date that the application was first filed with the state. All applications will be processed on a first in first out basis, so those applications that have been pending longest will be processed first.
The BEC will respond to written status requests made by the employer or the attorney/agent. Requests are received daily by mail and e-mail and are responded to in a "timely" manner. Certain staff members spend the entire day researching and responding to such requests. During data entry and 45-day letter generation, status requests are somewhat premature, and about all that can be conveyed is that the center has or has not received the case and is working on the issuance of the 45-day letter. The letter will state the priority date and the new case number as stated above. It will also ask for 90 days from the date of response before additional inquiries are made.

Loosing my mind - sharing some of my thoughts

folks, looks like DOL/UCIS has made a joke out of the whole labor process. They knew all of last year that the BEC's were going to be started, so they stopped working on all the cases which were already heavily backlogged. This is even worse the those Indian govt. offices ( folks from India know what i am talking about ). the people at DOL/UCIS don't understand the kind of pain and suffering we are going through. Are we really in America ???? Looks like the country is just going backward instead of forward. Every day goes by and I am getting convinced more and more that I should be seriously considering immigrating in something country that really welcome immigrants.

Looks like these people (American Citizens) have forgotten that this country was built on immigrants and its success lies only if it continues to welcome immigrants. The way this whole system is working right now is just unbearable. To top it, there is nothing one can do about. I know people are talking about sueing the UCIS/DOL etc., but let me tell u guys that will not go anywhere. Even if someone was ready to listen to our complaints, the politicians will just do what they are best at doing and will make it even worse. I am not saying that we shouldn't try that avenue, but lets not have too much hope on it.

At this stage i don't think even GOD ( LORD as the americans say) can do anything for us not sure if any prayers will do any good either.

lalaker

waiting for labor for over 2 yrs now.

PS: I haven't discussed about the EB3 PD retrogressoin yet.

Icarus said:
The BEC will respond to written status requests made by the employer or the attorney/agent. Requests are received daily by mail and e-mail and are responded to in a "timely" manner. Certain staff members spend the entire day researching and responding to such requests. During data entry and 45-day letter generation, status requests are somewhat premature, and about all that can be conveyed is that the center has or has not received the case and is working on the issuance of the 45-day letter. The letter will state the priority date and the new case number as stated above. It will also ask for 90 days from the date of response before additional inquiries are made.

Icarus,
What is the email id to contact the BEC about this letter ? Also is there any phone number for tracking this information.
Thanks

gcseeker2002 said:
Icarus,
What is the email id to contact the BEC about this letter ? Also is there any phone number for tracking this information.
Thanks
Presently, no phone tracking or inquiries are being provided/accepted. The email info for atty/agents and employers is:

"To obtain specific information regarding your application, you may send an email to: status@dal.dflc.us

Please include the following information with your request:
The Employer’s Name, the Alien’s first and last name, and if known, the new case ID number.

All email status requests will be responded to via mail in approximately 3 business days."

Can a colleague or my manager classify as employee

Can my colleague or manager send an email directly to find out the status of my case through email or must it be some one from HR. How would they know?