Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

twin said:
Hi Icarus,

Thank you for your information.
Can you clarify again the definition of 'Current cases' or 'Opened cases'?

My PD is 02/05/2004 and RIR in CA.

As CA SWA announced that they were reviewing and transferring the cases of PD 02/03/2004, I thought my case had been 'opened' and was waiting for the review by SWA when they stopped processing and started to preparing transferring to BRC last October.

Do you think my case 'opened' or not?
Do I have wrong concept?
the pause in processing might have been the SWA changing gears to meet the deadline for shipping backlogged cases out...I'm not sure. Opened cases are those that are currently under a supervised recruitment effort or have had some sort of exchange between the office and the employer or their agent/attorney. Unopened cases may have had the info checked and possibly a determination of prevailing wage but other than that remain unprocessed.

The Optimist said:
All,

Processing Queue per FIFO is only applicable for Cases that have been tranferred to Regional Cases correct?I mean its not applicable for SWA cases(unopened or current) correct?

(Processing Queue per FIFO: Shockingly, there are no separate queues between RIR and Regular cases and both RIR and Regular cases are being processed on FIFO in a single national queue. Consequently, RIR cases will experience a substantial delay once the cases are transferred to the Backlog Centers)
FIFO will apply to SWA cases as well, as there is some disparity between states on how current they are in processing cases and forwarding same to regions. In addition to the concept of "fairness" (used loosely), this would also serve to prevent 'forum shopping'; discouraging employers from incorporating in somewhere like, say, South Dakota, to get an earlier PD.

rds69 said:
m_chundi,

I stand corrected. It was the send out date from SWA.
Thanks rds69,
Did ur friend get an RFE, My PD is Nov'03 but my case went to SFDOL in sep'04 even after and RFE and response. I am aware of other cases which have a PD of oct 03 and went to SFDOL in Aug/sep '04
--murali.

I just received my 45-day letter, and a new case number was given, you'll receive yours soon because based on immigration-laws.com, all letters have been sent out from Dalls BPC.

no separate queues for RIR and non-RIR??

This is from http://www.immigration-law.com not sure if it is true, but if its, we are doomed............... Please post if you have any more info / comments..

Processing Queue per FIFO: Shockingly, there are no separate queues between RIR and Regular cases and both RIR and Regular cases are being processed on FIFO in a single national queue. Consequently, RIR cases will experience a substantial delay once the cases are transferred to the Backlog Centers!!

aggie2000 said:
I just received my 45-day letter, and a new case number was given, you'll receive yours soon because based on immigration-laws.com, all letters have been sent out from Dalls BPC.
Can you pls give me the source for this information that all letters have been sent out from dallas , bcos i am still waiting for dallas dol 45 day letter and with Federal DOL rcv date march 2004, and i want to forward to my attorney and employer for enquiring.

gcseeker2002 said:
Can you pls give me the source for this information that all letters have been sent out from dallas , bcos i am still waiting for dallas dol 45 day letter and with Federal DOL rcv date march 2004, and i want to forward to my attorney and employer for enquiring.

"Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions Cases: Data entry for these cases has been completed and letters have been sent out and the Backlog Centers are awaiting the responses for further processing and adjudication"

BEC for case RD May 2003 - CA

My employer has recd. the letter, finally!! It has a page attached to it with 2 options - whether or not the company would like to continue the application. That's it.

My PD is June 2002 and RD is May 2003 from CA filed as an RIR application.

Now, to the other problem - getting in the same line as regular cases which have a much earlier PD!! - Guess nothing is easy for us and crossing every little hurdle becomes a cause for meaningless celebration

Question For Icarus

So all you others, please do not reply and dilute the question with your limited understanding of this process:----------------------------------------------------------------------
B]EXCERPTS FROM 01/21/2005: DOL Backlog Reduction Processing Update[/B]

Status of Processing at the Backlog Processing Centers:
The cases which were transferred from the Regional Offices were processed first. For these cases, initial letters have been being sent out. Once the responses come back from the applicants, they will start adjudicating the cases. The current state is as follows:

Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions Cases: Data entry for these cases has been completed and letters have been sent out and the Backlog Centers are awaiting the responses for further processing and adjudication.

Processing Queue per FIFO: Shockingly, there are no separate queues between RIR and Regular cases and both RIR and Regular cases are being processed on FIFO in a single national queue. Consequently, RIR cases will experience a substantial delay once the cases are transferred to the Backlog Centers!!

What I understand is:
There are total of 55,000 cases recieved from the Regional offices (According to their earlier memo) As per their regular processing guidelines, even if they put all these cases in the National FIFO , they will still have separate teams for RIR and Non-RIR (TR). So though they are in the same queue, the RIR cases will move at a different speed then the TR cases.

Icarus,
This is a critical bit of information on the basis of which we should decide wether or not it is wise to cancel our existing LC application (after nearly 3 years) and go for PERM or TO WAIT. Can you please use your sources and confirm wether there is going to be separate teams working on RIR and TR cases (albeit from the same FIFO queue) or NOT ?

Thx
ZB

FIFO question

Processing at BEC will folllow FIFO.

Does FIFO mean "earliest PD's get processed first" or "earliest time the attorney's respond to the 45 day letter" apply?

But as per that website only 10000 letters were sent from dallas and philadelphia BEC, what about the rest from the total 55000 cases. I am asking bcos i have not seen anybody from PD March 2004 having received the 45 day letter. What could be the state with those cases ...

Please correct me if i am wrong

To all the big brain,

I might be wrong here but I really don’t see any problem in having one queue for RIR and Non-RIR as long as it is only for regional cases. I guess Non-RIR cases at regional level were ahead of RIR cases at least for SFO. Please correct me if I am wrong.

It could be problematic if there is once queue for Regional and state as well as the same queue for RIR and Non-RIR.

Is there only one queue for Regional and State cases?

flcdatacenter will give link to BEC new database?

http://www.flcdatacenter.com/ now says:
Note: Pages located at archive.flcdatacenter.com are in the process of being updated. Check back soon for a new SCA Search Wizard and new Disclosure Data.

Let us hope this will give a direct link to BEC database. Atleast we can know where our case is. :eek:

ty12 said:
Processing at BEC will folllow FIFO.

Does FIFO mean "earliest PD's get processed first" or "earliest time the attorney's respond to the 45 day letter" apply?
Earliest PD's

gcseeker2002 said:
But as per that website only 10000 letters were sent from dallas and philadelphia BEC, what about the rest from the total 55000 cases. I am asking bcos i have not seen anybody from PD March 2004 having received the 45 day letter. What could be the state with those cases ...
10000 each were sent to Phil and Dallas from SF. Others cases entered by Dallas were from the Dallas RO. Dallas also received a number of RO cases from Chicago which are currently undergoing data entry and 45-day letter generation. 3/04 cases are relatively current and may not have been included in the files shipped to date.

Icarus, according to this memo, FIFO will be based on the dates the attorneys respond..is this wrong info then?

http://www.immigration.com/perm/permdolnews.pdf

Icarus said:
10000 each were sent to Phil and Dallas from SF. Others cases entered by Dallas were from the Dallas RO. Dallas also received a number of RO cases from Chicago which are currently undergoing data entry and 45-day letter generation. 3/04 cases are relatively current and may not have been included in the files shipped to date.

Icarus,

Please could you respond to this question which was posted by Vsaxena before

Is there only one queue for Regional and State cases?

My case at CA State level

My case at CA State level

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My case had 2 quries at the state level, after we replied for the second query we have not heard back from the state agency. I am wondering how the agency is going to treat labor applications pending at the state level itself, do we get moved to the BEC or the case is going to be processed at the current center.

Any answers greatly appreciated.

Raj