Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

It should not be that bad

There should be visas available to EB3 and EB2 every year. Having said that since most of the cases are locked up in BEC, they are restricting the flow. I would imagine there will not be too many cases out there to push the retrogression date beyond sometime in 2002. EB3 and EB2 will remain in the 2002 year...few months apart I should say. EB3 having the oldest date.

That should be the best guess...any other opinions?

If you had cleared 140 previously with another company ...you can claim that priority date. Maybe in that case all you have to make sure is when you are going to file, there are visas available not like now when EB3 visas are unavailable....

I would imagine EB3 would remain available for a few months atleast every fisical year.

sunofeast_GC said:
GP,

What will be retrogression cut-off date in OCT 2005 for India? Any guess..

Thanks.

NIW applicant said:
Hi Gp111,

What is your opinion on EB2 retrogression? I don't really understand what's coming and it's implications. Please could you tell me what this means? If you have already applied for I485, will they freeze the application until visa numbers become available for ppl from India/china?
Thanks

Due to high number of visa Demand in EB-2 , State Dept might set PD Cutoff for EB-2 in sept this year (Sept is last month for Visa Quota & new quota becomes available in Oct). This means if your PD is before Cutoff date you are fine otherwise you have to wait till cutoff passes your PD to file I-485 (or getting approved if you have already filed)..

volleyball said:
Hi GP111,

When does the quota for 485 open? Is it in october or at the start of the year??

OCT 01 each year

I heard that EB2 will also go into retrogression soon, maybe say september but who would get affected by that? Will it effect ppl with priority dates from 2002. Does it matter what country they are from. But if the new years quota opens soon will it matter?

Retrogression most likely only be for people born in INDIA, CHINA (& Philippines).. I have no idea how far back the PD cutoff will go back. But My guess is PD of 2002 & earlier should be fine

By the way is there any one out here whoes PD is in 2002 and did not receive their 45 day letter???

Is that a regional case or forwarded from SWA directly ?
Thanks.

what about me:( Nov'02 and still waiting

Last I heard my case status was in "Final Review" 2 weeks ago, I haven't heard of any approvals yet and am getting my papers ready just in case.

How will I hear of my approval?

1. Through a letter posted to my residence?
2. Through my lawyer when he receives notification?
3. Through my lawyer when he receives my certified labor?

Which one will be first?

cheers,

j2k

sunofeast_GC said:
GP,

What will be retrogression cut-off date in OCT 2005 for India? Any guess..

Thanks.

No Idea !!

Just a guess..
EB-2 = some time in end of 2002
EB-3 = Mid of 2002

sbs said:
Hi all,

Just wanted to share the good news that we have received the leter from Dallas BEC today stating the LC on my EB2 RIR has been Certified.

STATE SWA: TX
EB2 or EB3: EB2
RIR or Regular: RIR
PD - Priority date: 08/19/02
RD - Regional receipt date: 03/05/03
New BEC Case no.: D-04289-XXXXX
45-day letter Date received: 12/15/2004
Recriutment Clarification call received on 05/27/05
Sent the additional Info. on 06/01/05
Certification letter dated 06/06/05
Received the certification letter on 06/27/05 which is today

Thanks all for the encouraging words.... and a special thanks to ICARUS for the great help he has been doing for this forum :)

Hello sbs,
Do you have any idea why you received the recruitment clarification call? Were there any layoffs in the company? I got such a call recently(07/06/05) and I have yet to hear back from the BEC. Looking at your case, it could take upto a month to hear back from them. Thank you for sharing the info.

GP111, My case went from SWA to regional in Feb 04. PD is Dec 2002 and so far havent recived 45 day letter. State is Arizona. Regional SFO :confused: :confused: :confused:

Lc...

Hi GP,

My LC was filled in June 2001 and later on remanded to traditional method (Non RIR) in Apr 2003. Now my case is transferred to BEC per my attorney.

- Do you know what will be my priority date?
- Do you know any one like my situation and got his/her LC approved?
- Is there ay time frame set at BEC for completion of old LC applications?

Thank You.

sr2610 said:
So with a EB3 labor(I dont know when i will be getting it, atleast by end of the year :rolleyes: ) When can we expect to apply for 485 ? :confused:

Depends on New PD Cutoff set in Oct 2005 & number of cases before your PD from your birth country

Does older PD (11/02) going to make any difference?

Yes It does .. It will be ahead of all PDs after that

Thanks,
-SR
TX/RIR/EB3
PD 11/02
45 letter 12/04
D-04287-1xxxx

45 Day letter

All those with PD in 2002 and whoes case made it to regional and who did not receive their 45 day letter please RAISE YOUR HANDS. :)

volleyball said:

GP111, My case went from SWA to regional in Feb 04. PD is Dec 2002 and so far havent recived 45 day letter. State is Arizona. Regional SFO :confused: :confused: :confused:

Non RIR (TR) ?

Prevailing wage and Backlog center

Guys,

Who does prevaling wage comparison ? State or Region ? In my 7th yr. extn. screenshot I see my wage and prevailing wage differ by around 7%. Will that matter much since State has already cleared it (in 05/03) and sent it to Region, which landed in DBC ?

Thanks in Advance.

gcvkg said:
Hi GP,

My LC was filled in June 2001 and later on remanded to traditional method (Non RIR) in Apr 2003. Now my case is transferred to BEC per my attorney.

- Do you know what will be my priority date?

June 2001

- Do you know any one like my situation and got his/her LC approved?

No.. Have not seen any case like this approved yet

- Is there ay time frame set at BEC for completion of old LC applications?

No..

Thank You.

gp111 said:
Medical is valid for 24 months so if you think you will get LC in next two month go for it now.. Everything else (other then latest 3 paystubs) can be prepared in advance !

Anything else that can be done other than the medical testing ?
How to initiate this medical testing ? Have to go through lawyer ??
Any forms that I don't need to go to the lawyer for, that I can download from the web ?

Thanks.

patience13 said:
Guys,

Who does prevaling wage comparison ? State or Region ? In my 7th yr. extn. screenshot I see my wage and prevailing wage differ by around 7%. Will that matter much since State has already cleared it (in 05/03) and sent it to Region, which landed in DBC ?

State certify PW certification
Less than 5% to 10% should be OK before PERM as per old rules
but Company should provide ability to pay in future processing
New PERM rules says 100% of PW

Thanks in Advance.

misunderstood said:
Anything else that can be done other than the medical testing ?

Get the following papers ready

I-693, Medical Examination, with copy of vaccination.
vidence of valid nonimmigrant status, with copy of both sides of I-94, copy of entire passport, and written summary of beneficiary and spouse nonimmigrant history.
Tax returns & W2 for last 3 years
3 latest pay stubs
Birth Certificate & English Translation
Marriage Certificate & English Translation
Employment Letter.
Employment Reference Letters (if experience required)
Degree Cert / Mark Sheets / Transcript
Education Evaluation (if required)
Copy of I-94

How to initiate this medical testing ? Have to go through lawyer ??

No You don't have to go thru lawyer. Just go to
http://uscis.gov/graphics/exec/cs/index.asp find doctor in your area & take appointment for IMMIGRATION CHECKUP.

Any forms that I don't need to go to the lawyer for, that I can download from the web ?

Doctors have the forms at their office. Other forms your lawyer will prepare

Thanks.

volleyball said:
Non RIR, EB2
PD: Dec 2002
RD: Feb 2004
State: Arizona
No 45 day letter. Any wild guess on when can I see my LC??

Those case are recently moved from SF DOL to Dallas BPC.. So must not been entered in the system yet. You will have to wait till they reach those boxes.

45-D letter : Finally received

I received my 45-D letter finally.
The date on the letter says July 1st but I got it on July 20th today!
Well...after all got it!

===================
MI- EB2-RIR
PD: 6/9/2003
RD: 12/29/2004
New Case # D-05075-52xxx

TO patience13

I see your PD as 03/2002,

what does your screen shot case status says

is it Certifed, final review... ???

i Wonder what this BEC folks are doing with 03/2002 PD case... when they are mailing August cases

This is scary looking forward ....

Thanks
Maveric
02/2003

patience13 said:
Guys,

Thanks in Advance.