Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Dependents

qwerty1111 said:
Or is dependent only defined to be spouse and children ? Cant we also
have our parents as dependents during the immigration process ?

Pandu, Icarus anyone ?

For Employment Based GC only spouse and children below age 21 are eligible for adjustment of status.

Can individual send the inquiry for 7th proof or it has to be from the attorney?

chicchu said:
Our attorney just forwarded us the screenshot. He received it at 4.52 pm yesterday. The case status said RIR and the Existence check said- FAILED. Is this normal ?

qwerty1111 said:
Pandu :) :) :eek: (HAVALDAR !), isnt there some medical tests that your wife will need to do once she comes back ?

Nop.. Everything was done before two months.. That is what I have been telling everyone with PD 2001, 2002 & early 2003.. Get your papers ready before hand.

qwerty1111 said:
Or is dependent only defined to be spouse and children ? Cant we also
have our parents as dependents during the immigration process ?

Pandu, Icarus anyone ?

No.. Only Spouse & Chidren under 21..
You can file for your parents GC only after you get your Citizenship.

BTW,.. WHO IS "PANDU" ???? Never heard of him on this forum..

Post your PD, Approval date and date you received the labor approval by mail in this forum, if anyone received. I see a lot of people got screen shots with status 'certified', but want to know if anyone is really receiving the approvals by mail.

gp111 said:
No.. Only Spouse & Chidren under 21..
You can file for your parents GC only after you get your Citizenship.

BTW,.. WHO IS "PANDU" ???? Never heard of him on this forum..

Unmarried children before 21

is it possible?

gp111 and Gurus,

is it allowed to have 2 cases (one RIR and one perm) filed for the same person by the same employer? i'm thinkin moving to perm but at the same time, i wana keep my pending application at BEC in case PERM didn't work for me.

many people r saying no and some other r saying yes. can u provide me with a link(by DOL ) where it states that clearly?

thanks

8th year extension

Can we request for proof of pending labor for 8th year extension or is it only for 7th year extension?

140 - Semi-Concurrent

GP,

Why didnt you file for 140? you might get 140 cleared or atleast ahead on approval before your wife comes back.

What are pro's & con's of semi-concurrent filing?
If EB3 becomes current in Oct 2005, Can we estimate for how long it will remain current?

-SR
TX/RIR/EB3
PD 11/02
45 letter 12/04
D-04287-1xxxx

GC filled in June 2001

Hi GP111,

I'm just wondering if you can put some light in my case.

My LC was filled on June 2001 through RIR process, and later on remanded to Traditional mathod (Non RIR) in Apr 2003.

Last, I heard from my attorney that my case has been transferred to BackLog Reduction Center.

I have not yet received any letter or any other communication from Backlog Centers.

Any thoughts about my case?

Appreciate your comments :)

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
antonioa77 said:
gp111 and Gurus,

is it allowed to have 2 cases (one RIR and one perm) filed for the same person by the same employer? i'm thinkin moving to perm but at the same time, i wana keep my pending application at BEC in case PERM didn't work for me.

many people r saying no and some other r saying yes. can u provide me with a link(by DOL ) where it states that clearly?

thanks

There are no clear guidelines from DOL about that. No Reference link/information available. But Bottomline answer is "NO".. Because You have to mentione in PERM application if you are withdrawing the current case or not. If you are not Withdrawing, then you cannot file the same position.

But You can file for same person FOR Different Position.

sr2610 said:
GP,

Why didnt you file for 140? you might get 140 cleared or atleast ahead on approval before your wife comes back.

What are pro's & con's of semi-concurrent filing?

No Pro's or Con's of Semi Concurrent to Concurrent filing.. Nowadays in California Service Center, I-140/485 gets approved at the same time, so just by choice I want to apply both at the same time.

If EB3 becomes current in Oct 2005, Can we estimate for how long it will remain current?

EB-3 will not be current for India, China & Philippines (surely retorgressed looking at visa demand) in Oct 2005. For Other countries it should be current for atleast till starting of 2006..

-SR
TX/RIR/EB3
PD 11/02
45 letter 12/04
D-04287-1xxxx

Hi Gp111,

What is your opinion on EB2 retrogression? I don't really understand what's coming and it's implications. Please could you tell me what this means? If you have already applied for I485, will they freeze the application until visa numbers become available for ppl from India/china?
Thanks

Second and Third stages

Hi GP111,

I am writing this just for more info.

When does the quota for 485 open? Is it in october or at the start of the year??

I heard that EB2 will also go into retrogression soon, maybe say september but who would get affected by that? Will it effect ppl with priority dates from 2002. Does it matter what country they are from. But if the new years quota opens soon will it matter?

The reason I am asking is my LC is pending in BEC, I didnt even recieve my 45 day letter. So I am considering all the possible options to see which will work best for me.

By the way is there any one out here whoes PD is in 2002 and did not receive their 45 day letter???

Thanks.

Gp

So with a EB3 labor(I dont know when i will be getting it, atleast by end of the year :rolleyes: ) When can we expect to apply for 485 ? :confused:

Does older PD (11/02) going to make any difference?

Thanks,
-SR
TX/RIR/EB3
PD 11/02
45 letter 12/04
D-04287-1xxxx

interesting...

gp111 said:
Nop.. Everything was done before two months.. That is what I have been telling everyone with PD 2001, 2002 & early 2003.. Get your papers ready before hand.
gp111,

I like your idea of getting all your papers ready in advance, so when the approval arrives you are ready! There is probably a timing issue because for example if you get your medical to much in advance my guess is that you will have to redo it...right? So what can be done in advance?

s2c97

Perm and current application

gp111 said:
There are no clear guidelines from DOL about that. No Reference link/information available. But Bottomline answer is "NO".. Because You have to mentione in PERM application if you are withdrawing the current case or not. If you are not Withdrawing, then you cannot file the same position.

But You can file for same person FOR Different Position.

How about maintaining the current application and having PERM filed for the same title through a different company - will that affect the current case in DBEC at all?

s2c97 said:
gp111,

I like your idea of getting all your papers ready in advance, so when the approval arrives you are ready! There is probably a timing issue because for example if you get your medical to much in advance my guess is that you will have to redo it...right? So what can be done in advance?

s2c97

Medical is valid for 24 months so if you think you will get LC in next two month go for it now.. Everything else (other then latest 3 paystubs) can be prepared in advance !