Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

sfmars said:
Thanks dsugandhi,

I did not get 45 days letter and those fields are missing in mine so

It looks like when case is entered as full (not temporary) and got number starting with "D-" they assign case status as "Data Review" and waiting for 45 days letter response. When they have positive response they take it back for further analysis and on that stage they fill missing fields:
Prevailing wage, Business Activity, etc... and then change status TR/RIR.

Based on that we have following sequence:

Incomplete
Data Review
RIR/TR
Final Review
Certified

sfmars,

Looks kind of right status sequence.

Also as per Icarus "Data Review is the status assigned when data entry is complete and the case is awaiting a response to the 45-day letter."

Last edited by a moderator:
some quickies for Gurus

Quick question for Immigration Gurus …
I understand that we can get status on our labor certification by sending email to 7th year approval, I already did that too.
1. But is there a way by which attorneys can find out status on our cases?
2. Or they just have to wait for a letter/call from DOL to know the status?

phani78 said:
Thankyou ram_ram. From your reply and other's postings, I can assume that data entry part of my case is complete and it will go for the 3rd stage according to the priority data.

I have one more question for you all GC process gurus. I saw some posting in this forum saying that if one gets EB3 labor approval, he can concurrently file 2 I-140s one for EB3 & other for EB2(along with ajustment/change status).

Is it possible to apply for I-140 EB2 using EB2 labor(along with additional documentation)? In that case how is EB3 retrogression going to effect 485 stage?

Since nobody discussed about it , I am not sure if it is possible at all. Please educate me regarding this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Choose one of the below

1. EB2 (BS+5 or MS) can apply EB2 and EB3 conncurrently Not EB3
2.substitution should apply first I-140 and then I-485
Substituion of EB2 for EB3 is difficult unless has required matching skills and not immposible. Requires a best attorney in the field
3.Currently EB3 is not able to file I-485 untill oct-2005 and may file I-140
4.EB2 currently can file Concurrent I-140 and I-1485
5.EB3 cannot file under EB2

raji12 said:
Quick question for Immigration Gurus …
I understand that we can get status on our labor certification by sending email to 7th year approval, I already did that too.
1. But is there a way by which attorneys can find out status on our cases?
2. Or they just have to wait for a letter/call from DOL to know the status?

After passing 90 days after reply to 45 day letter Attorney/Employer can intiate an inquiry with BEC center by phone/email/letter which most likely they refuse to do as per latest Mr.carlson address at ALIA in seatle.

sfmars said:
Houston05,

In your screenshot, Fields: Rate of Pay, Prevailing wage, and Business activity do they have values or they are empty ?

In my screenshot they are empty and case has status "Data Review" and case number starts with "D-"

I am trying to figure out the sequence of the stages in the process.

Sfmars:
All the fields in the screenshot I received are complete and have values. In "date submitted" field, it is 3/3/2005 (??) and "existence check" is failed. Any idea what is "date submitted"?

Houston05 said:
Sfmars:
All the fields in the screenshot I received are complete and have values. In "date submitted" field, it is 3/3/2005 (??) and "existence check" is failed. Any idea what is "date submitted"?

Thanks, Houston

I can only guess that in your case it is the date when they updated your information, last time in their database, probably filled some missing fields.

justdoit said:
I found this on BEC faq posted on immigration.com in May 2005.
Page 8 on http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/backlog_faqs_5-2-05.pdf

"All cases regardless of whether they were in a Regional Office or a SWA, will be processed according to FIFO, once entered into PBLS"

Why are the Backlog Centers working only on Regional Cases?

justdoit,

You are right "All cases regardless of..... .... ,once entered into PBLS".

The big issue is to enter cases in PBLS. BPC mostly entered Regional cases into the PBLS system because of many reasons hense mostly Regional cases are being processed by PD. Once SWA cases are entered in PBLS system then they would also be processed together with Regional cases.

AwardMyGC said:
Case Status: RIR (Reduction-in-recruitment).

I just looked into the BEC training manual. It clearly states that

Here with I have enclosed the content from BEC manual for your kind perusal.

TR Queue:
Team 3(a), the traditional recruitment team, supervises the recruitment effort for traditional applications. A traditional application is one in which the employer has not yet attempted to ascertain whether qualified U.S. workers are available for the position being offered to the alien. When the analyst initiates the supervised recruitment, CAPS automatically generates a recruitment letter to the applying employer detailing the required steps for ensuring that there are no qualified U.S. workers available. The analyst also enters a job order in America’s Job Bank (AJB) or the state job bank if arrangements have been made with the state of origin for the application. After receiving the recruitment results from the employer, the analyst determines if the effort is acceptable. If acceptable, CAPS generates a certification letter. If unacceptable, a Notice of Findings (NOF) is generated advising the employer of the steps required to correct the deficiencies in the recruitment effort.
RIR Queue:
Team 3(b) reviews the recruitment effort for reduction-in-recruitment applications. Reduction-in-recruitment (RIR) applications are ones in which the employer has conducted and documented a recruitment effort prior to submitting the application. The analyst reviews the documentation of the recruitment effort to ascertain whether it meets program requirements. The analyst also checks for recent layoffs at the firms. If the recruitment effort is acceptable, and there have been no recent layoffs, CAPS generates a certification letter. If there is a deficiency, a NOF letter is generated. If additional information is required, a remand letter is generated.
AwardMyGC,

Could you please provide the link for training manual?

Thanks,

vsaxena said:
AwardMyGC,

Could you please provide the link for training manual?

Thanks,

vsaxena & ram_ram,

I don't have the link, but I downloaded this BEC training manual from this forum long time ago. Here you go...

AwardMyGC

LC filed in june 2001

Hi GP111,

I'm just wondering if you can put some light in my case.

My LC was filled on June 2001 through RIR process, and later on remanded to Traditional mathod (Non RIR) in Apr 2003.

Last, I heard from my attorney that my case has been transferred to BackLog Reduction Center.

I have not yet received any letter or any other communication from Backlog Centers.

Any thoughts about my case?

Appreciate your comments :)

Regards.

What email address to check case status

hi Guys,
How do I Labor case status ?
what is the email address for that and what all details I need to provide in the email.
My file has been sent to Dallas BEC.
Thank you for your time
psmurthy

SWA TR cases

Whats going on with the pending SWA TR cases? When can we see 45 days letter? or case #?

PD 02/2003
TR
CA-SWA

Havent received 45 day letter.

terminator2004 said:
Volley ball-
I received in may end and responding the next day after we received it -
As GP111 has mentioned you probably may be the lucky ones who got left at SFO DOL and might receive approval soon -
Mine went to Dallas - unfortunately dallas is not processing NON RIR (TR) fastly - they are currently concentration more on RIR where as Philly is exactly the opposite they are mostly doing NON RIR (TR) -

Did your case go to DOL, if so do you know when it went to DOL?? I dont think my case is still in DOL as cases that went to DOL after 2003 are transfered to BEC. My case went to DOL in Feb 2004. I am a bit confused as to why I did not receive my 45 day letter. I heard that ppl in dallas with non RIR are receiving their certification dated july-august 2002. Do you know if that is true. If so ours should be close by but it still remains that I havent received my 45 day :( . I am now wondering if my case got lost.

Is it true that some cases are getting lost in mail or was it just a sepculation???

sfmars said:
Thanks dsugandhi,

I did not get 45 days letter and those fields are missing in mine so

It looks like when case is entered as full (not temporary) and got number starting with "D-" they assign case status as "Data Review" and waiting for 45 days letter response. When they have positive response they take it back for further analysis and on that stage they fill missing fields:
Prevailing wage, Business Activity, etc... and then change status TR/RIR.

Based on that we have following sequence:

Incomplete
Data Review
RIR/TR
Final Review
Certified
I really don’t agree with your sequence of events because I found lots of cases with status “RIR” have priority date in 2003 or 2004.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1201281&postcount=4729

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1199066&postcount=4568

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1199080&postcount=4569

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1197708&postcount=4457

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1197647&postcount=4455

To me it looks like that the following sequence is correct.

Incomplete

RIR/TR: Get this status as soon as the 2nd level or wages related review is done.

Data Review: Assigned this status when analyst pick you case for review for sufficiency

Final Review

Certified

Please don’t take it otherwise; everybody is trying to make some sort of order out of the hell.

thanks,

Got a reply (screen shot) to my e-mail from BEC-Dallas in a day...following are the details.

ETA#: D-05xxxxx
Type: RIR (EB3)
Case Received Date: 03/18/2005
PD: 09/09/2002 (state: Michigan)
B. Activity: Computer Consulting
Case Satus: CERTIFIED!!!!!!

Date submitted: 06/20/2005
Existence Check: Failed
Correction letter generated/printed: 03/23/2005
Correction options returned: 03/29/2005

Not sure if Date Submitted is Date Approved? Can someone confirm?
No approval letter from BEC yet. Any ideas on when they would send the letter in this case ???

Thanks,
*Maple*

Maple9 said:
Got a reply (screen shot) to my e-mail from BEC-Dallas in a day...following are the details.

ETA#: D-05xxxxx
Type: RIR (EB3)
Case Received Date: 03/18/2005
PD: 09/09/2002 (state: Michigan)
B. Activity: Computer Consulting
Case Satus: CERTIFIED!!!!!!

Date submitted: 06/20/2005
Existence Check: Failed
Correction letter generated/printed: 03/23/2005
Correction options returned: 03/29/2005

Not sure if Date Submitted is Date Approved? Can someone confirm?
No approval letter from BEC yet. Any ideas on when they would send the letter in this case ???

Thanks,
*Maple*

Congrats!!!

When did u sent the request and when did u received the screenshot...

EB-2 Retrogression Probable in Sept 2005 (for India & China)

EB-2 is current for August 2005 but may retrogress for India & China Born in Sept 2005.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2573.html

EMPLOYMENT VISA AVAILABILITY FOR THE REMAINDER OF FY-2005

Demand for numbers by CIS Offices for adjustment of status cases remains very high. As the end of the fiscal year approaches, it might be necessary to establish an Employment Second preference cut-off date for September to keep visa issuances within the annual numerical limits set by law. If required, such a cut-off date is likely to be limited to the China-mainland born and India chargeability areas.