Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

asnmurty said:
Any one got 45 days lettr from BEC for NON-RIR cases filled in Apr 2002 in CA?

Hi asnmurthy,

I am also in the same situation. Not received 45 days letter yet.

Do not have any further information regarding my enquiry to dallas

BRC.

Is it really very hard to get LC through PERM? Did anyone know anybody who tried through PERM? and how long it may take, just like to know as I am at end of my 6 year term.
Thanks

GCCovet said:
Sravu,
Waiting depends on what Catagory your case falls in and which country you are born. If you are born in country either India, China or Phillipines, and your case is filled under EB3, you will have to wait till the VISA dates becomes current(due to retrogession current date is Jun 2001). If it is EB2 then there is no waiting even if you are born in either INdia, China or Phillipines(No retrogession-as of now) and I-140/I485 can be filled immediately. The BIG question or rather hurdle is to get thru PERM first :). Now, there is no choice for new cases, as they HAVE to file thru PERM (any case filled after Mar 28 2005 will have to use PERM)

Good luck!

gp111 said:
Sorry Mam, did not mean to disturb you. Let me know which thread you do not mind my posting.. I will post it there.

No, you have been doing a great job by letting all the people in this forum, you have done a wonderful job, keep it up. I wish I could have seen in every thread. Its quite more informative as many may are unknown where to look it up. Nice job again.

gp111 said:
DOL HAS FINALLY PROVIDED VITAL INFORMATION ABOUT BPC/BEC

http://atlas.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/backlog_faqs_5-2-05.pdf

ANSWERS MOST OF OUR QUESTIONS..

GP111 thanks really for the PM.

so in summary this report about BEC says:
1- there will be 2 different queues (one rir and one traditional).
2- it is not clear how much those 2 queues will be depend on each others.
3- BEC started processing regional cases but nobody knows at which speed.
4- data entry doesn't seem to finish in the near future.
5- full capacity processing will not start soon it seems because of data entry.

any thoughts?

2003-2004 lets go to PERM

Hi Everybody :(

Thanks for your update GP111.
First time I feel pesimistic after reading this document. It clearly says that as said before we are not going to hear about LC n 90 days after replying to 45 day letter.
But the most important thing I observed (I might be wrong) is that as soon as they start receiving answers of SWA cases to 45 day letter, they will be added to this PBLS or que. so we can estimate somewhere around 100000 to 200000 cases. So I think the cases like mine with PD Oct2003 won't hear from BEC atleast for next 1.5yr to 2 yr.
With so much delay I feel just pray to god and jump into PERM :(
I have lost the hope in this BEC. I don't see any light. :(
I am screwed :(
Good luck to you guys, I think I am done..

gp111 said:
DOL HAS FINALLY PROVIDED VITAL INFORMATION ABOUT BPC/BEC

http://atlas.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/backlog_faqs_5-2-05.pdf

ANSWERS MOST OF OUR QUESTIONS..

Whyallthis said:
Hi

I have completed 90 days long time back after replying for 45 day letter. I asked my lawyer to call multiple time and to my surprize he did call many times. But everytime he calls they transfer him to automated message. Its becoming really anoying.
BEC had also said it won't take more than 6 months to get an approval after replying to 45 day letter. With all this info , I don't understand where we stand.
Anybody is in similar situation of completing 90 days, as I would like to know if anybody has got different response than what I received. Or is there anything else we need to do to know the status of our case.

My 90 day waiting time is over too and I requested my lawyer to send them an email to check on the status - she'll do so promptly apparently - will keep you guys posted on the developments at my end. However, this new pdf file sent by gp111 seems to answer most of the questions except, of course, the timelines. But nonetheless the file is very informative and settles some nerves I hope for all of us!

srignram

I think this document will atleast provide some light on the BEC jungle.So it is now clear that there will be two queues for RIR and TR.My question here is taht will RIR papers pending at the federal before being moved to BEC get the precedence?

Another week will go by without any news of adjudications from the BPC's and then what...

All this talk is cheap. AILA and BPC they meet, they talk, they create a document and they put it out there for nerds like us to read and promptly lap up... nothing happens and when another week goes by we find our nerves are back to where they were.

In the meantime another week has gone by where we haven't done anything to protect ourselves...

Tell me, how many of you work for employers where you can talk and talk and talk and talk and talk....... without delivering a damn thing.

Whyallthis said:

First time I feel pesimistic after reading this document. It clearly says that as said before we are not going to hear about LC n 90 days after replying to 45 day letter.
But the most important thing I observed (I might be wrong) is that as soon as they start receiving answers of SWA cases to 45 day letter, they will be added to this PBLS or que. so we can estimate somewhere around 100000 to 200000 cases. So I think the cases like mine with PD Oct2003 won't hear from BEC atleast for next 1.5yr to 2 yr.

it all depends if ur case is RIR or taditional and on how fast is each queue.this comes after the data entry is done too. it is really a mess.

we sent letter on March 30 and asked about the case status after 90 days response. and got the same letter as others on May 3rd. the priority date is Dec 11 2000 (NON-RIR), 45 day letter recieved and replied at the end of Dec 2004.

Dear Requestor:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: D-04295-142**

The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of Foreign Labor Certification’s Backlog Processing Centers. At this time, we are unable to provide any additional status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications and additional information will be requested from the employer if needed.

Please do not request additional status information for at least 90 days after responding to the 45-day letter.

Sincerely,

DFLC Backlog Processing Center

nother1inline said:
My 90 day waiting time is over too and I requested my lawyer to send them an email to check on the status - she'll do so promptly apparently - will keep you guys posted on the developments at my end. However, this new pdf file sent by gp111 seems to answer most of the questions except, of course, the timelines. But nonetheless the file is very informative and settles some nerves I hope for all of us!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whyallthis said:

i'm in the same boat as u, my PD is march 2004 RIR. i agree with u about the timeline for cases of 2003 -4. i'm thinkin too moving to PERM but the problem is that PERM seems to have many problems:
1- no single approval happend up till now. all applications r denied.

2- DOl says that PERM has glitch problems.

3- if u exceed the minimum requirement in ur category ur case will go for audit.

4- nobody knows how long the audit will take, probably it will create another backlog.

5- getting buisness necessity is a condition if u exceed ur minimum category's requirment.

6- most lawyers r still in the learning phase of PERM.

i agree with u that we should go to PERM but with what i mentioned before i prefer waiting till things with perm clarify more instead of doing something now that most probably will go nowhere. my advice is to wait for another 2 months to c what r the results of PERM.

what do u think?

BEC analysis

This document definitely offers both positive and negative news. Postive for old filers (either in SWA or regional) and negative for new filers who are in regional.

One thing is very clear that they are going to adjucate cases only based on the PD and nothing else. So whether the cases are from SWA or Regional does not make significance to BPC. Its all about PD which will matter. And so cases which were filed in 2003/04/05 will definitely not see any positive news atleast until the next 20 months. So people who once hoped to get their LC fast using the "FASTER STATES" option will be worst sufferers since they might have crossed the state and sitting in regional, only to sit out in BPC for the next 20 months until their PD comes current.

So all the recent approvals from regional are going to last only for a few months until they finish off all their data entries. Once all data entry is done, they will be following only the PDs irrespective of swa or regional case.

The best option for most of the 2003/04/05 filers would be carefully looking into PERM if you are running out of H1 steam.

Anyway my 2 cents...

Please explain the old and new..

Please explain the cut off is upto 2002? old and new..did I miss to read any?

Also many suggest to go for PERM, but..

With current scenario, though the old systems got delays but is designed for approval than the rejection – but the new system (PERM) seems to be designed the other way (mainly to reject)

What you guys think?

US-Alien said:
This document definitely offers both positive and negative news. Postive for old filers (either in SWA or regional) and negative for new filers who are in regional.

One thing is very clear that they are going to adjucate cases only based on the PD and nothing else. So whether the cases are from SWA or Regional does not make significance to BPC. Its all about PD which will matter. And so cases which were filed in 2003/04/05 will definitely not see any positive news atleast until the next 20 months. So people who once hoped to get their LC fast using the "FASTER STATES" option will be worst sufferers since they might have crossed the state and sitting in regional, only to sit out in BPC for the next 20 months until their PD comes current.

So all the recent approvals from regional are going to last only for a few months until they finish off all their data entries. Once all data entry is done, they will be following only the PDs irrespective of swa or regional case.

The best option for most of the 2003/04/05 filers would be carefully looking into PERM if you are running out of H1 steam.

Anyway my 2 cents...

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick clarification frm gp111 or anyone who is sure

Is TR the same as non-RIR? Also, all the cases filed from Indiana state which were in SWA and never went to regional - are they RIR or Non-RIR?

IllinoisGC said:

With current scenario, though the old systems got delays but is designed for approval than the rejection – but the new system (PERM) seems to be designed the other way (mainly to reject)

What you guys think?
I completely agree!

IllinoisGC said:

What you guys think?

i'm in the same boat as u, my PD is march 2004 RIR. i agree with u about the timeline for cases of 2003 -4. i'm thinkin too moving to PERM but the problem is that PERM seems to have many problems:

1- no single approval happend up till now. all applications r denied.

2- DOl says that PERM has glitch problems.

3- if u exceed the minimum requirement in ur category ur case will go for audit.

4- nobody knows how long the audit will take, probably it will create another backlog.

5- getting buisness necessity is a condition if u exceed ur minimum category's requirment.

6- most lawyers r still in the learning phase of PERM.

i agree with u that we should go to PERM but with what i mentioned before i prefer waiting till things with perm clarify more instead of doing something now that most probably will go nowhere. my advice is to wait for another 2 months to c what r the results of PERM.

what do u think?