Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Thanks

Thanks. God knows when we can get approved. Let us wait and see what happen.
Whyallthis said:
Hi

BEC had written before on many documents that after replying for 45 day letter you should get approval no later than 6 months. But yesterday after reading the document released by BEC, they have backed off from their promises asusal. Now they say" They can't say anything about when one can get approval after replying to 45 day letter".
And I strongly feel with the speed they are going right now, They will add all the SWA cases before reaching to PD's of 03-04-05 (PD=Date when you apply to State level).
Maximum they might reach to somewhere midway of 2002 till they start adding SWA cases and after which our cases with 03-04-05 will be pushed behind. SO on an average it will take 20-24 months for them to reach to our case.
As I am RIR EB2 category, I am thinking of moving towards PERM. As I mgiht be approved with in 6 months which is better than 20-24 months. and it doesn't make difference for filing I-140 and I-485 if you are EB2, RIR.
I think DOL and BEC are planning same thing to push candidates for PERM and I guess they are getting pretty successful at it. As I never thought of PERM till 2 days back.

some math

It is estimated they have 300000 cases in BEC. At this rate if they approve 5 cases by working very hardl(y) we should hear something in 60000 years.

Good Luck.

hobby said:
Thanks. God knows when we can get approved. Let us wait and see what happen.

No letter yet

LC4ever said:
My PD is 02/2002, RIR, I got the new case number by sending an email to the BRC center, the case number is D-04258-xxxxx, but so far, I haven't received 45-day-letter yet per my attorney, shall I start to worry about it?

Thanks.

Thanks for your update. This is very similar to my friend's case where his PD is 12/01 with a case number D-04310-xxxxx also with no letter yet. His original state is also Oklahoma. Icarus stated in the past that after you get a D case number you should get a letter shortly thereafter. Both my friend's lawyer and employer confirmed that they didn't get it. Icarus said that one of them must have replied to it. I don't think that's the case.

My theory (that I can't prove) is that some cases will be processed without a letter. Icarus said this can't be.

My friend's atty sent another email inquiry stating that no letter was received yet. we'll see if anything comes back.

I'll start worrying when I see cases with 12/01 PD approved and he's not among them.

ziv711 said:
Thanks for your update. This is very similar to my friend's case where his PD is 12/01 with a case number D-04310-xxxxx also with no letter yet. His original state is also Oklahoma. Icarus stated in the past that after you get a D case number you should get a letter shortly thereafter. Both my friend's lawyer and employer confirmed that they didn't get it. Icarus said that one of them must have replied to it. I don't think that's the case.

My theory (that I can't prove) is that some cases will be processed without a letter. Icarus said this can't be.

My friend's atty sent another email inquiry stating that no letter was received yet. we'll see if anything comes back.

I'll start worrying when I see cases with 12/01 PD approved and he's not among them.
That's what I am afraid of too.
Thank you for sharing your friend's situation. I'm not alone.
Good luck to him.

2 case Numbers

Hi,
I Got 2 case Numbers from DFLC mail, I have sent a mail to the BEC 2 months ago ,waited for 3 weeks , didnt get any reply from them, Then i did again send a mail. After few weeks, sendign 2nd mail , i got a rely for the 1st mail i sent having casing Number D-4275-03XXX. Few weeks after i got another reply from BEC for the 2nd mail having other case no. D-5011-XXXXX.

I dont understand why this happen having 2 defferent case numbers.
My details R
TX PD 12/02/2002
TX RD 07/31/2003
Raj

GreenyGreen said:
Hi,
I Got 2 case Numbers from DFLC mail, I have sent a mail to the BEC 2 months ago ,waited for 3 weeks , didnt get any reply from them, Then i did again send a mail. After few weeks, sendign 2nd mail , i got a rely for the 1st mail i sent having casing Number D-4275-03XXX. Few weeks after i got another reply from BEC for the 2nd mail having other case no. D-5011-XXXXX.

My details R
TX PD 12/02/2002
TX RD 07/31/2003
Raj

Have you received your 45-day letter yet? It should have one of these two case numbers and I would think whatever case number is on your 45-day letter would be your real case number.

LC4ever said:
My PD is 02/2002, RIR, I got the new case number by sending an email to the BRC center, the case number is D-04258-xxxxx, but so far, I haven't received 45-day-letter yet per my attorney, shall I start to worry about it?

Thanks.

so ur case made it to regional or was stuck at SWA? if so, which SWA u applied to?

Not to destroy all hope, but...

...for the people with PD's of 2003,2004...
Noone can tell exactly how effective the BEC's will be in processing cases, but here's what I found out from my lawyer.
First, just to say that I am not in the IT industry, but it doesn't change things because we're all in the same boat, right?
Anyhow, there are 100+ cases in my company waiting for LC with PD's of late 2002 to spring 2004. All cases are RIR
The lawyers suggested to the company to evaluate files pending LC and figure out if they want to go through an additional expense of sending them through PERM. It seems like that, from the info they have, BEC's are going to be a nightmare and PERM, although riskier, might be the way to go...

So, it looks like they're giving up on the whole BEC idea before it even started.... :confused:

Whyallthis said:
Hi

BEC had written before on many documents that after replying for 45 day letter you should get approval no later than 6 months. But yesterday after reading the document released by BEC, they have backed off from their promises asusal. Now they say" They can't say anything about when one can get approval after replying to 45 day letter".
And I strongly feel with the speed they are going right now, They will add all the SWA cases before reaching to PD's of 03-04-05 (PD=Date when you apply to State level).
Maximum they might reach to somewhere midway of 2002 till they start adding SWA cases and after which our cases with 03-04-05 will be pushed behind. SO on an average it will take 20-24 months for them to reach to our case.
As I am RIR EB2 category, I am thinking of moving towards PERM. As I mgiht be approved with in 6 months which is better than 20-24 months. and it doesn't make difference for filing I-140 and I-485 if you are EB2, RIR.
I think DOL and BEC are planning same thing to push candidates for PERM and I guess they are getting pretty successful at it. As I never thought of PERM till 2 days back.

I have been following the BRC/BEC/BPC long before it was born and I have never heard of any documents from DOL saying that applicants should expect their approvals 6 months after replying the 45-day letters. I hope I have not missed anything somewhere.

pennwaiting said:
I have been following the BRC/BEC/BPC long before it was born and I have never heard of any documents from DOL saying that applicants should expect their approvals 6 months after replying the 45-day letters. I hope I have not missed anything somewhere.

I have not seen any document either where it says this. However, on some status emails which people have received from BRC it says that do not check your status till 90 days after sending reply to 45 day letter, because of which everyone was hopefully that something would happen after/within 90 days of reply.

A few questions

My lawyer tells me that my case was recieved in the Dallas center in August of 2003. I am in Louisiana. I dont know what the difference is between RIR and non-RIR, or which one I am. Not sure how I can tell, maybe one of you can tell me what the difference is. I havent recieved my 45 day letter yet. Anyone have any clue when I should get it?

Thanks in advance.

antonioa77 said:
so ur case made it to regional or was stuck at SWA? if so, which SWA u applied to?
It made to regional after 22-month at state level, Oklahoma. RD 11/03.
I feel so sorry for IN applicants.

another approval

I just got off the phone with my friend. He got his labor approved in feb 02. I am not sure if his case went to Dallas BEC. Here are is case details:

Applied in March2002 from CA as a software engineer under EB3-RIR. Got a letter to retest market in dec 2004. his case got approved on 02/02/05

lalaker

I don't understand...

In its FAQ, DOL clearly stated that it would concurrently be entering cases and process already entered cases. But looks like they are doing just the first part...

2 case numbers?

I will feel better if I get 2 approvals, I will sell one as preapproved labor :rolleyes:. Sorry GreenyGreen, am not trying to make fun of your case, just trying to relax everybody over here.

Regards,
PD NJ DEC 2002
No 45 day letter yet and no case number

GreenyGreen said:
Hi,

My details R
TX PD 12/02/2002
TX RD 07/31/2003
Raj

lalaker said:
I just got off the phone with my friend. He got his labor approved in feb 02. I am not sure if his case went to Dallas BEC. Here are is case details:

Applied in March2002 from CA as a software engineer under EB3-RIR. Got a letter to retest market in dec 2004. his case got approved on 02/02/05

lalaker
Can u provide more info. Looks like there is typo. which BEC, new case number, etc
--MC

I bet it is not BEC. the approval should come from CA DOL. they have been working on some left cases. they transer 20,000 cases to Dallas BEC and PHi BEC.
m_chundi said:
Can u provide more info. Looks like there is typo. which BEC, new case number, etc
--MC

What are old and new cases..is there any cut off by BEC?

I’m hearing old (00, 01, 02) and new cases (03, 04, 05 etc) can anybody tell what is this cut off and why many sounding pessimistic about new case (03 onward)

Can ICARUS/gp111/gurus confirm on this cut off..

IllinoisGC said:
I’m hearing old (00, 01, 02) and new cases (03, 04, 05 etc) can anybody tell what is this cut off and why many sounding pessimistic about new case (03 onward)

Can ICARUS/gp111/gurus confirm on this cut off..

there is no cutoff, it is just a saying by somebody. they say that 01-02 cases r older than 03 and 04 which is logical. the whole thing means that the later ur PD is , the more u will wait because it is FIFO simply.

Thanks..but

If the difference and delay is even among all the years – then why is the popular grouping of 01,02 and then 03,04,05 – is this just a notion or am I missing some thing here

When my PD (aug-2003) may see light? – I know it a million dollar question but still would bet on this forum's input

antonioa77 said:
there is no cutoff, it is just a saying by somebody. they say that 01-02 cases r older than 03 and 04 which is logical. the whole thing means that the later ur PD is , the more u will wait because it is FIFO simply.